• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
hobie1616

The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump

27 Psychiatrists and Mental Health Experts Assess a President

Get your copy today!

The consensus view of two dozen psychiatrists and psychologists that Trump is dangerously mentally ill and that he presents a clear and present danger to the nation and our own mental health.

This is not normal.

Since the start of Donald Trump’s presidential run, one question has quietly but urgently permeated the observations of concerned citizens: What is wrong with him? Constrained by the American Psychiatric Association’s “Goldwater rule,” which inhibits mental health professionals from diagnosing public figures they have not personally examined, many of those qualified to answer this question have shied away from discussing the issue at all. The public has thus been left to wonder whether he is mad, bad, or both.

In THE DANGEROUS CASE OF DONALD TRUMP, twenty-seven psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health experts argue that, in Mr. Trump’s case, their moral and civic “duty to warn” America supersedes professional neutrality. They then explore Trump’s symptoms and potentially relevant diagnoses to find a complex, if also dangerously mad, man.

Philip Zimbardo and Rosemary Sword, for instance, explain Trump’s impulsivity in terms of “unbridled and extreme present hedonism.” Craig Malkin writes on pathological narcissism and politics as a lethal mix. Gail Sheehy, on a lack of trust that exceeds paranoia. Lance Dodes, on sociopathy. Robert Jay Lifton, on the “malignant normality” that can set in everyday life if psychiatrists do not speak up.

His madness is catching, too. From the trauma people have experienced under the Trump administration to the cult-like characteristics of his followers, he has created unprecedented mental health consequences across our nation and beyond.

Did anyone really need a book to tell them this?

It's been obvious for years - decades even.

nutty as fk, almost as much as the political party that owns him.

news today says he apparently plans to decertify the Iran nuclear deal, probably to spite the Obama administration. 

52 minutes ago, hobie1616 said:

Get your copy today!

The consensus view of two dozen psychiatrists and psychologists that Trump is dangerously mentally ill and that he presents a clear and present danger to the nation and our own mental health.

This is not normal.

Since the start of Donald Trump’s presidential run, one question has quietly but urgently permeated the observations of concerned citizens: What is wrong with him? Constrained by the American Psychiatric Association’s “Goldwater rule,” which inhibits mental health professionals from diagnosing public figures they have not personally examined, many of those qualified to answer this question have shied away from discussing the issue at all. The public has thus been left to wonder whether he is mad, bad, or both.

In THE DANGEROUS CASE OF DONALD TRUMP, twenty-seven psychiatrists, psychologists, and other mental health experts argue that, in Mr. Trump’s case, their moral and civic “duty to warn” America supersedes professional neutrality. They then explore Trump’s symptoms and potentially relevant diagnoses to find a complex, if also dangerously mad, man.

Philip Zimbardo and Rosemary Sword, for instance, explain Trump’s impulsivity in terms of “unbridled and extreme present hedonism.” Craig Malkin writes on pathological narcissism and politics as a lethal mix. Gail Sheehy, on a lack of trust that exceeds paranoia. Lance Dodes, on sociopathy. Robert Jay Lifton, on the “malignant normality” that can set in everyday life if psychiatrists do not speak up.

His madness is catching, too. From the trauma people have experienced under the Trump administration to the cult-like characteristics of his followers, he has created unprecedented mental health consequences across our nation and beyond.

JFC...  

We won , you lost , get over it.

32 minutes ago, Moderate said:

JFC...  

ramblings of a moron, what are you doing giving out advice?

1 hour ago, hobie1616 said:

Get your copy today!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/do-the-right-thing/201710/is-president-trump-mentally-healthy-the-pros-weigh-in

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/02/10/a-psychological-portrait-of-donald-trump/print/

https://www.counterpunch.org/2017/03/10/is-trump-crazy-political-discourse-and-mental-illness/print/

12 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

ramblings of a moron, what are you doing giving out advice?

And yet you still lost....

4 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

this is why you are abused here.

I dont consider it abuse, rather, others lashing out in thier impotence.

5 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

and yet you're part of a new culture of shameless idiocy.

have fun with that.

I plan to...

In another sign that a Donald Trump presidency is something to fear, reports are surfacing that he hopes not only to fill the late Antonin Scalia’s vacancy on the Supreme Court, but expects further vacancies to provide him with an opportunity to appoint far-right justices.

The Trump team is preparing for the possible retirement of either Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, one of the court’s most staunch liberals, or Justice Anthony Kennedy, the swing justice who authored the 2015 marriage equality decision, Politico reports. Ginsburg is 83 and has had serious health problems, and Kennedy is 80.

Loser....

11 minutes ago, Moderate said:

I plan to...

In another sign that a Donald Trump presidency is something to fear, reports are surfacing that he hopes not only to fill the late Antonin Scalia’s vacancy on the Supreme Court, but expects further vacancies to provide him with an opportunity to appoint far-right justices.

The Trump team is preparing for the possible retirement of either Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, one of the court’s most staunch liberals, or Justice Anthony Kennedy, the swing justice who authored the 2015 marriage equality decision, Politico reports. Ginsburg is 83 and has had serious health problems, and Kennedy is 80.

Loser....

fuckin' brain-dead cunt. 

10 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

fuckin' brain-dead cunt. 

Welcome to PA , bitch.

Eventually youll get used to having your ass handed to you

1 hour ago, Moderate said:

JFC...  

It's not a fucking ballgame where it's over and we all drive home and bang the wife.

It's not that we lost. It's that we are ALL still losing.  Besides, I would think having a total dipshit in the oval office would take a bit of the boast out of it. Even for you. 

17 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Welcome to PA , bitch.

what, by some low-road trumptard on his back foot? in the adult world, you lost before you began.

33 minutes ago, Moderate said:

I plan to...

I don't think a far-left or a far-right SC is a good idea.   

I think the best candidate would be a centrist with a good knowledge of Constitutional Law.

You think the best candidate is one the liburals ain't gonna like.  It's a ball game to you. You don't give a jack fuck about your country. 

14 minutes ago, benwynn said:

It's not a fucking ballgame where it's over and we all drive home and bang the wife.

It's not that we lost. It's that we are ALL still losing.  Besides, I would think having a total dipshit in the oval office would take a bit of the boast out of it. Even for you. 

I love seining your impotence on public display

13 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

LOL, Donald Trump is 71 and has early onset Alzheimers.

Tic-tock, Tick-toc.....

Pence is 58

Just now, Moderate said:

I love seining your impotence on public display

Seining?  Like nets?

BJ says you are not Happy Jack.  I find it incredible that there would be more than one of him. 

11 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I think the best candidate would be a centrist with a good knowledge of Constitutional Law.

You think the best candidate is one the liburals ain't gonna like.  It's a ball game to you. You don't give a jack fuck about your country. 

8 years of identity politics are starting to boomerang and now you cry for a centrist.

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Seining?  Like nets?

BJ says you are not Happy Jack.  I find it incredible that there would be more than one of him. 

Are we going to play the typo game?

You might not like it..

6 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Just now, Moderate said:

8 years of identity politics are starting to boomerang and you dont like it

I just stated that you don't give a jack fuck about your country and you took no issue with it. 

Just now, Moderate said:

I care deeply for my country, not so much for yours.

The fuck you do. You have no use for a Supreme Cuort nominee who is a centrist with a good knowledge of Constitutional Law.  Admit it, You want a fucking ball game that spites half the country that you hate. 

By the way, I intentionally misspelled court to give you something to run with in the "typo game".  Your mention of that just intimidated the shit out of me, and I thought this might take the edge off.

54 minutes ago, Moderate said:

that's a quaint, easy lie pulled out of your ass. 

the likely reality is you're a brainwashed, irrational shit slinging bitch who enjoys conflict and arguments because it's a respite from your hollow existence. you want others to join you in your hole.

1 hour ago, Moderate said:

Welcome to PA , bitch.

By a nitwit Trumpstain bootlicker like you? Not bloody likely.

He posts a "We won, you lost" then, in the same thread, chides me for "identity politics". 

He may be an idiot, but at least he's giving us some entertainment.  

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

If us Furriners all laugh loudly and point..will it help? :ask:

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

By a nitwit Trumpstain bootlicker like you? Not bloody likely.

Isn't that the second time in 24 hours where one of the socks has been making swaggerish remarks to the women and newbies..

EEEEEK maybe they're planning a coupe !!!!!..

of two :funny:

or a seven sock army

It's friday!

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

He posts a "We won, you lost" then, in the same thread, chides me for "identity politics". 

He may be an idiot, but at least he's giving us some entertainment.  

You assume he gives a shit about anyone but himself.

He's a put upon white dude that's been held back by POCs and the need to be PC.

He's loving this.

'Mericans don't seem to realize how weird they look to the rest of the world.

OK, you gave us blues, jazz and rock. You gave us the electric guitar...... You also gave us rap and Miley Virus-style slut divas with no discernible talent or grace. You gave us autotune,which is a musical crime against nature.

Thanks for the hamburger, GPS and NASA, but let's face it, your cars are really crap. You spend more on war machinery than the next 23 nations on the planet combined, you have the world's highest per capita prison population, and  your fixation with guns is highly disturbing to normal people.

Your President is quite obviously and clearly (even to a non-professional) somewhat deranged, a bit out of touch with reality. His Twitter habit, his visible lack of empathy or engagement, his unfounded grandiosity, are all indications of an individual who is a few snags short of a barbie. But serious analysis is not needed here. One look at his  hair, his orangeness, is enough. I won't discuss his family other than to say that more strangeness lies there.

Slightly more than half of you voted for him. His Secretary of State reckons he's a moron. I wouldn't call him a moron, more like a semi-literate sociopath with rat cunning and TV preacher instincts and hair.

Good luck, y'all.........

I'm not a trained mental health professional, but nearly 40 years in the rock 'n roll business has given me endless exposure and deep insight into vicious-minded control-hungry stupid narcissists and what makes them so.

Donnie (the strict rich guy's younger son) gets sent to military school for being bad. Presumably short-fingered Donnie endures a certain amount of ridicule in the showers. This twists him into a guy who's determined to win, to grind their faces into the tiles, to overcome his limited intellect and use Dad's money (and ripping off many on the way) to get rich and famous, to become The Donald,  and then The Prez.

Now he's talking about the Pentagon by-passing "bureaucracy" to wipe out North Korea. 

Without him, you've got President Pence...........

There is hope.  If there is justice in this world, the investigation into Russian interference will show solid evidence that th Russians did interfere and had a significant impact on the outcome on the Presidential election.  In an unprecedented move, the tainted election will be declared invalid. Trump and Pence will be removed form office, House Speaker Ryan will be the temporary president until a new election can be held.  There is absolutely no doubt that Trump is the most unqualified, most inappropriate man  ever to hold the office of President. These are strange time we are living in and desperate circumstances call for desperate measures.

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

If us Furriners all laugh loudly and point..will it help? :ask:

it can't hurt...

12 hours ago, Moderate said:

JFC...  

That's all you got isn't it?

I didnt.

images.jpg.1ea8aa0a7ef9abae4b5a659d483fa3fb.jpg

Yeah, but you're brain damaged.

8 hours ago, Happy said:

OK, you gave us blues, jazz and rock. You gave us the electric guitar...... You also gave us rap and Miley Virus-style slut divas with no discernible talent or grace. You gave us autotune,which is a musical crime against nature.

Thanks for the hamburger, GPS and NASA, but let's face it, your cars are really crap. You spend more on war machinery than the next 23 nations on the planet combined, you have the world's highest per capita prison population, and  your fixation with guns is highly disturbing to normal people.

Your President is quite obviously and clearly (even to a non-professional) somewhat deranged, a bit out of touch with reality. His Twitter habit, his visible lack of empathy or engagement, his unfounded grandiosity, are all indications of an individual who is a few snags short of a barbie. But serious analysis is not needed here. One look at his  hair, his orangeness, is enough. I won't discuss his family other than to say that more strangeness lies there.

Slightly more Far fewer than half of you voted for him. His Secretary of State reckons he's a moron. I wouldn't call him a moron, more like a semi-literate sociopath with rat cunning and TV preacher instincts and hair.

FIFY

17 hours ago, badlatitude said:

LOL, Donald Trump is 71 and has early onset Alzheimers.

Tic-tock, Tick-toc.....

pee pee tape.  Drip drip drip.

18 hours ago, Moderate said:

And yet you still lost....

We all lost dickhead

19 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

You assume he gives a shit about anyone but himself.

He's a put upon white dude that's been held back by POCs and the need to be PC.

He's loving this.

You got one thing right, but even a blind pig roots up an acorn occasion.

Im loving every second of this

21 hours ago, Moderate said:

You would let Donald Trump shit in your mouth if there was a liberal standing nearby who had to smell it

-DSK

19 hours ago, Happy said:

Slightly more than half of you voted for him. His Secretary of State reckons he's a moron. I wouldn't call him a moron, more like a semi-literate sociopath with rat cunning and TV preacher instincts and hair.

interesting perspective, and I'm not at all surprised how the rest of the world views us.

I'll be honest, as a 'country', I lost my respect for this place a while ago. it reminds me of a cross between hog heaven and a giant mental asylum where money is god and it's armed to the teeth, especially these days. maybe this is what excess stupidity, a far-right political party and a corporate state looks like...

58 minutes ago, Moderate said:

look who's back from the grave.

16 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

look who's back from the grave.

Rimas?

Those of us who care about our country are not enjoying any of it.  

You?  It's just a game. You're having a great time.  

One of the weirdest things is how the loony religious right seems to think that Baby Jesus personally sent this amoral shallow-as-a-summer-puddle fuckwit to be the Prez.  Still, if you believe a man can walk on water and feed a few thousand people with a couple of sardines and a bread roll, I guess you can believe any far-out shit..

Anybody consider that Armageddon was a real prediction and he's the Antichrist? :D

4 hours ago, Happy said:

One of the weirdest things is how the loony religious right seems to think that Baby Jesus personally sent this amoral shallow-as-a-summer-puddle fuckwit to be the Prez.  Still, if you believe a man can walk on water and feed a few thousand people with a couple of sardines and a bread roll, I guess you can believe any far-out shit..

Gold.

Somebody explain to me how a bunch of old white farts can use 30% support to fuck up the economy and their own societies that badly.

6 hours ago, Happy said:

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Gold.

I think someone is about to give LB a run for his money in the laconic wit stakes :D 

On 10/6/2017 at 1:04 PM, SloopJonB said:

FIFY

TY

7 hours ago, Happy said:

I was just reading a piece last night, where the author traced the roots of the Evangelical Right to racist pushback against desegregation... hold on.

To historians, the evangelical leaders’ response was no surprise, because they know racism was behind the emergence of evangelicals as a political force in America. “If you are looking for the core animating spark of the Christian-right movement, it’s not abortion but private Christian universities not being able to have laws against interracial dating,” says Robert Jones, head of the Public Religion Research Institute and the author of The End of White Christian America (Simon & Schuster, 2016). He knows that when the federal government forced integration on public schools in the South, white parents yanked their kids out and enrolled them in new church-run schools dubbed “segregation academies.” The white flight was fast and devastating. In Mississippi, for example, the white population in the Holmes County school system dropped from 700 to 28 in year one of desegregation, and by the next year had dropped to zero.

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/10/13/donald-trump-white-evangelicals-support-god-677587.html

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Anybody consider that Armageddon was a real prediction and he's the Antichrist? :D

To cite just one of many examples in Scripture, John 8:44 (NIV) refers to Satan thusly: “When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” Now recall that millions of white conservative fundamentalists who take the Bible literally are awaiting the fulfillment of its prophesy about the apocalypse—the end of days—which will feature the rise of an evil force that will briefly rule the world. He goes by many names, among them the Prince of Lies.

For it is written:  "The Prince of Lies will come, and on his head will be a helmet of fibreglassed roadkill, and his head will be orange, and his fingers will be short, and his mouth will be full of televangelist teeth and lies."

11 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Somebody explain to me how a bunch of old white farts can use 30% support to fuck up the economy and their own societies that badly.

Close polling places in poor neighborhoods.

Pretend VOTER FRAUD is the same thing as voting Democrat and use the gov't itself to stamp it out.

Incite crass loathing of anybody who has a different skin color or different religion, and politicize that, so it is easy to smear any non-Bible-thumping non-white non-gun-lover as the most despicable incarnation of Satan's spawn in history.

Commercialize these attitudes so that it is actually possible to make large profits in the entertainment industry with a media machine selling hatred and bigotry.

See how easy it is?

-DSK

The biggy though - and the R's are masters at it - is to convince huge numbers of 2 digit IQ's that they too will become rich "soon - real soon" if they vote for a bunch of greedy, self interested rich guys.

It's been going on since Reagan and they have the process very finely tuned.

On 10/8/2017 at 6:39 PM, SloopJonB said:

The biggy though - and the R's are masters at it - is to convince huge numbers of 2 digit IQ's that they too will become rich "soon - real soon" if they vote for a bunch of greedy, self interested rich guys.

It's been going on since Reagan and they have the process very finely tuned.

It never eases to amaze me how these poor folk somehow think a billionaire is going to help them. You can't fix stupid.

14 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

It never eases to amaze me how these poor folk somehow think a billionaire is going to help them. You can't fix stupid.

And you're really not even supposed to make fun of it.

But the brilliance of the GOP has been in convincing millions and millions of people to vote directly against their own best interest time and again.

Fear is a powerful motivator.

Not as powerful as stupidity though.

When conjoined they are apparently unbeatable.

On 10/5/2017 at 11:55 PM, Moderate said:

JFC...  

You are like that asshole coach's son who filled the waterbottles and washed the jocks for the championship team boasting about "we won".

51 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You are like that asshole coach's son who filled the waterbottles and washed the jocks for the championship team boasting about "we won".

Who is too stupid to realize they won by cheating and the league is going to come down on them eventually.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

If he'd been smart, he would have washed the jock straps with itching powder, and filled the water bottles with laxative.

Then he could have had his pick of the idiot, but buxom, and compliant cheerleaders. :D

While we're on the subject of Trump fucking things up, he's well on his way to starting the next depression.

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/trump-bombardier-boeing-trade-war/?utm_source=macleans&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=recirc&utm_content=tag_list

Nothing like a trade war to fuck up your own economy and take a bunch of others down as collateral damage. Having Wilbur Ross, Cyprus banker to the Russians, in charge of it is even worse. What a pack of idiots.

"Trump's presidency could be doomed."  (I’m having a “Trump” kinda day. Just saying.)

"Trump's presidency could be doomed.".png

That's about the best lefty reach around circle jerk I've seen here.

Slick willy put Hillsy's book in the bin....they're not talking.:lol: