Sign in to follow this  
SV Zoe

Accessories for Perrywinkle Dinghy

I am the lucky (new) owner of a Perrywinkle Dinghy, which I plan to hang from the davits of my Baba 40 PH. I cannot find a source for the accessories listed by the manufacturer of the boat in the paperwork that originally came with the boat, and I believe that the company no longer exists. Does anyone know of a source for the custom cover that was offered with the boat when it was in production, or a suitable substitute? Even the pattern for such a cover would be helpful.

8564.jpeg

Nice boat!

I've made covers for my small dinghes just by using the dinghy itself as a pattern.  I got wide enough cloth to do it with no middle seam and tacked the cloth to the boat and cut with about a 5" overhang. Sew over a hollow hem and run a cinch line through it with a fid. Some battens to hold the fabric high off of the cockpit are helpful (a good idea that I got from Gig Harbor Boat works), otherwise water pools in there. 

For a 4' x 9' dinghy it takes about $75-$100 in materials or less if you can find a good price on wide rolls of suitable fabric. I used Surlast (a cheaper variant of Sunbrella made by the same company).