• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
sail611

Mike Pence

So Mike Pence apparently took one from the DT playbook and became a media whore over the weekend.  His stunt involved going to an Indy. Colts game, then feigning shock and surprise as 49'ers player knelt during the National Anthem.  Upon seeing something he didn't like, he stormed out of the game, saying that he wouldn't be part of anything that disrespects our soldiers, our flag, or our anthem.

That in itself would be admirable, except for the fact that he is the #2 leader of an institution who's first rule is that people are free to peacefully protest the government.  And of course he is fine with Nazis being Nazis because of that same rule.

Is this really the character of the people we elected?  Ignorant, lazy, neo Nazi fascist assholes get called "Fine people" by the president, all while people representing a group of people who have been historically oppressed in this nation protest that oppression, and called SOB's, told they should be fired, and the VP storms out during their protest?  This is the kind of "leadership" we have?  Seriously?

So white people get a pass for violently protesting the symbols of oppression but black people should be fired for protesting oppression of their race by law enforcement, and now apparently the federal government?  How and why do we allow such overtly racist individuals to run this country?

Pence is a despicable person. This stunt serves to dismiss any notion that he isn't really complicit in the Trump shitstorm. 

Is this the same Pence who despite Trumps ranting, faced off a public dressing down by black actors with calm dignity just a few months ago? (I forget the play and venue).

El Dictator seems to have his remaining minions dancing to his piping.

Is their really that much difference between that short fat bloke over there and That tall fat bloke over there?

19 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Is this the same Pence who despite Trumps ranting, faced off a public dressing down by black actors with calm dignity just a few months ago? (I forget the play and venue).

El Dictator seems to have his remaining minions dancing to his piping.

Is their really that much difference between that short fat bloke over there and That tall fat bloke over there?

"Hamilton" And he didn't so much face them off as it was that he was caught off guard, and had no way out.

The football game theatrics was a staged event. If no players had protested e would have left anyway, saying that he was only there to see the national anthem played, and he had an important meeting in Ca. to attend...

So when has bending a knee become an insult?

In olden days, its a sign of allegiance to the king.  In a church, its a sign of penance to God.  In a huddle, its a sign of oneness to the group.

How is taking knee during the national anthem dishonoring soldiers?  Now if they dropped trousers and mooned the flag, Ok, I can see that.  

Republicans are such cucks on this.

9 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

In olden days, its a sign of allegiance to the king.  In a church, its a sign of penance to God.  In a huddle, its a sign of oneness to the group.

How is taking knee during the national anthem dishonoring soldiers?  Now if they dropped trousers and mooned the flag, Ok, I can see that.  

When white people saw a black person do it.

1 hour ago, the_abandoned_brane said:

It's better to be thought a fool than to make a rediculous topic and remove all doubt. 

How is it foolish to point out that our elected officials apparently hate the first amendment to the constitution, or that they are willing to fully support it for one (very dangerous) group of people while condemning the actions of a different group of people, for being far less dangerous, while protesting something that actually affects in a negative way their communities?

I would think that people should know this about their officials, and that the officials know we know, and that we won't stand for their hypocritical bullshit.  

It would be one thing if the administration had not literally insinuated that Nazis are fine people, while calling NFL players SOB's, not for killing a person with a fucking car, but for kneeling during the anthem.  

So I guess if that makes me a fool, then so be it.  I have been called far worse.  

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

"Hamilton" And he didn't so much face them off as it was that he was caught off guard, and had no way out.

The football game theatrics was a staged event. If no players had protested e would have left anyway, saying that he was only there to see the national anthem played, and he had an important meeting in Ca. to attend...

Exactly.  Sad that this is the type of cluster fuck running our country.  I just wish a greater number of people would have payed attention to the character and qualifications of the individuals they voted for.  It seems instead  that when given the option, the masses always go for the most ignorant mutha fucka they can find. 

2 minutes ago, sail611 said:

Exactly.  Sad that this is the type of cluster fuck running our country.  I just wish a greater number of people would have payed attention to the character and qualifications of the individuals they voted for.  It seems instead  that when given the option, the masses always go for the most ignorant mutha fucka they can find. 

Hillary was worse.

21 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Hillary was worse.

I know right.  She only has been involved in the American political process since the early 90's, has been a first lady, a senator, and secretary of state.  But of course DT is far more qualified to the job, because after all, he is a billionaire who made his billions by borrowing from daddy and refusing to pay contractors for work done.  Also the pussy grabbing puts him ahead as well.  Indeed, we did elect the most qualified individual.  SMH

1 hour ago, Spatial Ed said:

And some players take a knee when a fellow player is obviously down with a season-ender. It's a sign of respectful sorrow. I assume that's where the players got the idea, rather than pulling a full-Kapernick and just remain sitting.

Pence was caught off guard with the display of honest patriotism.  He needed a trigger warning and a safe space to retreat to.

14 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Pence was caught off guard with the display of honest patriotism.  He needed a trigger warning and a safe space to retreat to.

As long as that safe space isn't the Unpresidency ...

1 hour ago, sail611 said:

How is it foolish to point out that our elected officials apparently hate the first amendment to the constitution, or that they are willing to fully support it for one (very dangerous) group of people while condemning the actions of a different group of people, for being far less dangerous, while protesting something that actually affects in a negative way their communities?

I would think that people should know this about their officials, and that the officials know we know, and that we won't stand for their hypocritical bullshit.  

It would be one thing if the administration had not literally insinuated that Nazis are fine people, while calling NFL players SOB's, not for killing a person with a fucking car, but for kneeling during the anthem.  

So I guess if that makes me a fool, then so be it.  I have been called far worse.  

You don't even know what the hell they're protesting, nor do you know anything else you're posting. Good grief, do you ever follow up or have in depth knowledge of anything?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/10/09/its-not-the-cost-of-pences-trip-that-was-galling-it-was-the-preparation-for-it/

As President Trump said on Twitter on Monday morning, Pence’s trip to Indianapolis for this game was long-planned. An event that necessitated some modicum of effort and expense, for one reason: to reinforce the divide at the center of the protests, a divide that overlaps almost completely with racial politics.

Snip..

Pence’s flight to Indianapolis was planned for weeks; his social-media response ready to go with a graphic immediately after he left the stadium. It’s an impressive level of preparation for an administration, as it turns out, focused on goading the president’s base into anger at black athletes.

-----

I stand with @POTUS Trump, I stand with our soldiers, and I will always stand for our Flag and our National Anthem.
Embedded

11 minutes ago, the_abandoned_brane said:

You don't even know what the hell they're protesting, nor do you know anything else you're posting. Good grief, do you ever follow up or have in depth knowledge of anything?

Last I checked the protests in the NFL were to protest racial inequalities and institutional racism in the united states, in reference to the racially motivated killings of unarmed black people by white police officers.  

Last I checked, DT did in fact call the NFL players, SOB's, and he did in fact insinuate that Nazis are fine people.  

Last I checked, if you are going to call hate speech free speech, and not condemn it, then, unless you want to be (rightfully) called a hypocrite, you have to also not condemn kneeling during the anthem as it is also free speech.

So if in fact I have posted anything untrue, or illogical here, feel free to correct me.  

Sol, great pic man.  That about sums it up.

13 minutes ago, sail611 said:

Last I checked the protests in the NFL were to protest racial inequalities and institutional racism in the united states, in reference to the racially motivated killings of unarmed black people by white police officers.  

Last I checked, DT did in fact call the NFL players, SOB's, and he did in fact insinuate that Nazis are fine people.  

Last I checked, if you are going to call hate speech free speech, and not condemn it, then, unless you want to be (rightfully) called a hypocrite, you have to also not condemn kneeling during the anthem as it is also free speech.

So if in fact I have posted anything untrue, or illogical here, feel free to correct me.  

Sol, great pic man.  That about sums it up.

First off, there are no "racially motivated" killings of blacks by police. That's nonsense, the "protests" aren't even about cops killing blacks, the core of these protests, the true meaning is blacks don't want to be held accountable for their actions. Period. 

Secondly, I'm pretty sure nazis are all dead. They'd be 100 years old by now at least. 

And finally, the guy in Charlottesville is schizoid. He didn't purposely drive over protestors, they put h in a situation you never put schizzies in, never threaten and corner them, which is what your heroes did, schizoids freak out. 

4 minutes ago, the_abandoned_brane said:

First off, there are no "racially motivated" killings of blacks by police. That's nonsense, the "protests" aren't even about cops killing blacks, the core of these protests, the true meaning is blacks don't want to be held accountable for their actions. Period. 

Secondly, I'm pretty sure nazis are all dead. They'd be 100 years old by now at least. 

And finally, the guy in Charlottesville is schizoid. He didn't purposely drive over protestors, they put h in a situation you never put schizzies in, never threaten and corner them, which is what your heroes did, schizoids freak out. 

Denial is not just another river in the Amazon.

30 minutes ago, the_abandoned_brane said:

And that pretty much tells me what I need to know.  You have, as you accused me of, removed all doubt.  I wish you the best man, I really do.

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

And some players take a knee when a fellow player is obviously down with a season-ender. It's a sign of respectful sorrow. I assume that's where the players got the idea, rather than pulling a full-Kapernick and just remain sitting.

Kaep started by sitting, but then changed to kneeling when a fellow player, I forget who, suggested he show respect and protest at the same time, that while we have ideals as a nation, we have a long way to go.  Seems like a positive message to me.  Better than Nazis with chinese made tiki torches.

Pence had every right to get up and walk out, just as the players have every right to take a knee if that is their choice of statement.  You can't be against political expression at sporting events and object to one but not the other.  You can't be in favor of free speech for Nazis and white supremacists, and support one but not the other. The Vice President's choice of method for trying to divide Americans is his to make.  

The objectionable part is making taxpayers pay for it.  

5 hours ago, the_abandoned_brane said:

It's better to be thought a fool than to make a rediculous topic and remove all doubt. 

Even better is being able to correctly spell your stupidities.

How about this - they all stand during the anthem but raise their gloved fists like the two at the Mexico Olympics?

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

How about this - they all stand during the anthem but raise their gloved fists like the two at the Mexico Olympics?

Powerful statement but likely to cause snowflakes to melt.  The whole black power thing is something they really don't want to see.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Pence had every right to get up and walk out, just as the players have every right to take a knee if that is their choice of statement.  You can't be against political expression at sporting events and object to one but not the other.  You can't be in favor of free speech for Nazis and white supremacists, and support one but not the other. The Vice President's choice of method for trying to divide Americans is his to make.  

The objectionable part is making taxpayers pay for it.  

The other objectionable part?  It's so fucking C-H-E-E-Z-E-Y.  Fake, cheap, lame theatrics.   Trump is a media genius, all right!  

All the World's a stage, and all the Cabinet, merely Actors?

29 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

+1

1 minute ago, Amati said:

The other objectionable part?  It's so fucking C-H-E-E-Z-E-Y.  Fake, cheap, lame theatrics.   Trump is a media genius, all right!  

All the World's a stage, and all the Cabinet, merely Actors....

Of course it is. You are not the intended audience. It is a phony patriotism ploy, aimed at folks who get scared of black folks, especially when they protest. 

This protest was over until Trump needed a distraction. He has Doggy Styled the topic successfully. The NFL needs to find another way to protest. 

4 hours ago, the_abandoned_brane said:

Is this a real post, or one of those tongue-in-cheek bass-boat-on-the-electric posts?

1 minute ago, mikewof said:

Is this a real post, or one of those tongue-in-cheek bass-boat-on-the-electric posts?

Is that a real poncho, like a Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?

4 hours ago, sail611 said:

And that pretty much tells me what I need to know.  You have, as you accused me of, removed all doubt.  I wish you the best man, I really do.

Brane actually has one of the most honest usernames on the board.

5 hours ago, the_abandoned_brane said:

This post perfectly captures how you live up to your screen name. 

(edit) I see BJ beat me to it. 

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Is that a real poncho, like a Mexican poncho, or is that a Sears poncho?

And there is the real paradox of the USA - the same country can produce Zappa and Pence.

You need to fine tune things though - you need a lot more Zappas and a lot fewer Pences.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

This post perfectly captures how you live up to your screen name. 

(edit) I see BJ beat me to it. 

You're both late to the party - I noted that quite some time ago actually. -_-

42 minutes ago, Sean said:

Cosmik Debris or Camarillo Brillo?

Actually he used it in multiple songs.  Here it is Camarillo Brillo... He was a fukin brilliant musician!

10 hours ago, sail611 said:

So Mike Pence apparently took one from the DT playbook and became a media whore over the weekend.  His stunt involved going to an Indy. Colts game, then feigning shock and surprise as 49'ers player knelt during the National Anthem.  Upon seeing something he didn't like, he stormed out of the game, saying that he wouldn't be part of anything that disrespects our soldiers, our flag, or our anthem.

That in itself would be admirable, except for the fact that he is the #2 leader of an institution who's first rule is that people are free to peacefully protest the government.  And of course he is fine with Nazis being Nazis because of that same rule.

Is this really the character of the people we elected?  Ignorant, lazy, neo Nazi fascist assholes get called "Fine people" by the president, all while people representing a group of people who have been historically oppressed in this nation protest that oppression, and called SOB's, told they should be fired, and the VP storms out during their protest?  This is the kind of "leadership" we have?  Seriously?

So white people get a pass for violently protesting the symbols of oppression but black people should be fired for protesting oppression of their race by law enforcement, and now apparently the federal government?  How and why do we allow such overtly racist individuals to run this country?

If he had imagined a bunch of folks would follow his lead and walk out with him he will be feeling a little low today. What do you suppose might cheer him up? 

13 minutes ago, WHK said:

Actually he used it in multiple songs.  Here it is Camarillo Brillo... He was a fukin brilliant musician!

Indeed he was. One of the best shows I ever saw was on Pier 84 on the Hudson back in '84. Great rendition of "Whipping Post" from that show -

Excentrifugal Forz, rolls into my fav, Apostrophe, with Jack Bruce on base -

8 hours ago, mikewof said:

Kneeling during the NA before a game is not a sign of anything respectful.  If it was they wouldn’t be doing it.  

4 minutes ago, Rockdog said:

Kneeling during the NA before a game is not a sign of anything respectful.  If it was they wouldn’t be doing it.  

Rockdog is an example of the modern republican snowflake. Hates women. Hates black athletes. It's tough being a failure when you benefit from white privilege.

3 minutes ago, Rockdog said:

Why isn't it.  They are paying attention, doing something that would be fine in a prayer circle or to honor a dignitary.  Why is taking a knee so disrespectful?  Now sitting the bench, maybe.  It could mean they don't want to participate, that would be bad.  But taking a knee means they are participating.  How do you feel if they stand and raise a fist in the air? Or lock arms in unity?  Or both hands overhead like in an evangelical born again spasm?  Hand on heart required?  Or if they just stand and look at the ground.  Or look around to see if anyone else is?  Or worst, leaving their hat on?  That's at total disrespect right?   

37 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Rockdog is an example of the modern republican snowflake. Hates women. Hates black athletes. It's tough being a failure when you benefit from white privilege.

I love women.  I don’t give a shit about ANY athletes who are paid to compete. Im not white.  

0/3 on that one.

43 minutes ago, Rockdog said:

I bet you don't even bother to get up and kneel. I bet your ass remains planted on the couch through the entire anthem. 

Just now, Rockdog said:

I love women.  I don’t give a shit about ANY athletes who are paid to compete. Im not white.  

0/3 on that one.

Why do you think taking a knee is disrespecting the troops?

8 minutes ago, Rockdog said:

Im not white. 

We'll need photographic proof of that one.

I haven't received my copy of the Snowflake Code of National Anthem Ethics, but I assume you are not required to extinguish the tiki torch until after the final "HOME OF THE BRAVE".  

2 hours ago, Rockdog said:

A person can't protest in a respectful way?

3 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

I haven't received my copy of the Snowflake Code of National Anthem Ethics, but I assume you are not required to extinguish the tiki torch until after the final "HOME OF THE BRAVE".  

The NFL’s documented ‘code of NA ethics ‘have been posted here.  Have you read it? Pretty straightforward.  

27 minutes ago, Rockdog said:

The NFL’s documented ‘code of NA ethics ‘have been posted here.  Have you read it? Pretty straightforward.  

Don’t be so PC ya pussy

8 hours ago, Rockdog said:

Ah, the old "It's in the Rule Book" argument.  Except, it's not in the Rule Book.  Supposedly, it is in some double-secret probation "Game Operations Manual", which many people quote without ever having seen.

Read this entire link.  It'll open your eyes.

12 hours ago, Captain Gigi said:

And then there's the military. What were the uniforms doing at the time?

Accessed minutes ago, 10.09.17.png

military bases do colors / reveille at open and close of the day - when the flag is raised or lowered.  they broadcast either colors or the national anthem (and a cannon blast), at which time military personnel stop, stand at attention, and salute the flag, not the song.

don't think I ever heard this part about being at attention or saluting the national anthem only.

by the way, pence gets some slack from me in all this because he's got a kid who's active duty in the marines

9 hours ago, Rockdog said:

Can you quote the part which this respectful protest violates?

Anyway, isn't that the whole point of a protest of conscience? If the original American Colonies didn't have a protest of conscience, you would right now spell your words with all sorts of extra 'u's and 'zeds' instead of 'zees.' Is that what you want for your grandchild? Spellings whom some would argue are more correct?

He might have mentioned some phony bone spurs and the respect Trump showed for John McCain's service. 

I think Jerry Jones lucked out last week. If all the black players had knelt he would have had to eat his own words or forfeit the game. I would guess he sprang that on his players at the last moment so there would be no time for them to organize. 

2 hours ago, Mark K said:

He might have mentioned some phony bone spurs and the respect Trump showed for John McCain's service. 

I think Jerry Jones lucked out last week. If all the black players had knelt he would have had to eat his own words or forfeit the game. I would guess he sprang that on his players at the last moment so there would be no time for them to organize. 

My guess is there are stipulations in their contracts regarding not being paid for missing games due to not adhering to NFL rules.

On 10/9/2017 at 6:33 PM, sail611 said:

No worries, put it on your grandchildren's tab. Problem sloved and well worth the effort.

7 hours ago, Rockdog said:

My guess is there are stipulations in their contracts regarding not being paid for missing games due to not adhering to NFL rules.

What rules are you referring to?

Well the news today said an owner (who knelt) is now proposing a league rule that the players must stand during the anthem.

How's that?

21 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Well the news today said an owner (who knelt) is now proposing a league rule that the players must stand during the anthem.

How's that?

Fucking pathetic, is what it is.

18 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Fucking pathetic, is what it is.

Pretty sure we are talking about Jerry Jones, so, yeah.

15 hours ago, Rockdog said:

Not sure the rules require standing for the national anthem. Can you cite the rule in question? 

The issue is having to forfeit a game due to not being able to field a team. A glance at the team photo shows they would be left with about a dozen players if all the blacks players knelt. Have to play both offence and defense, and using the kickers as regular players. Seems unlikely the kickers would last very long, unless they abstained from tackling, I guess. I wonder if there is a penalty for having too few players on the field. 

1 minute ago, Mark K said:

Not sure the rules require standing for the national anthem. Can you cite the rule in question? 

The idea that there is a rule requiring players to be on the sideline for the NA comes from a Facebook post.  

There is no such rule in The NFL Rulebook.

When that was pointed out to folks who mindlessly shared the "fact", they switched to it being in the "Game Operations Manual", which is pretty damned secret.

According to this article, even the wording of this manual has been modified.  

Talk about moving the goal post.......:rolleyes:

"If it's not currently a rule, we'll change the rules retroactively".....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

The issue is having to forfeit a game due to not being able to field a team. A glance at the team photo shows they would be left with about a dozen players if all the blacks players knelt. Have to play both offence and defense, and using the kickers as regular players. Seems unlikely the kickers would last very long, unless they abstained from tackling, I guess. I wonder if there is a penalty for having too few players on the field. 

I would imagine if any player were benched for non-compliance, team spirit would fill the rest of the players and there simply wouldn't be any players left on the field.  The coaches would simply turn to the owners box and shrug their shoulders.  I sure hope it happens.

I'm Spartacus!

Union schmunion.

There will come a time for everybody who is lonely to sing, and dance, and love. There will come a time when every evil that we know, will be an evil that we can rise above. There will come a time when you won't even be ashamed if you are fat.

4 hours ago, Mark K said:

It’s a guideline.  Where I work employees have follow documented company guidelines.    Chances are all players contracts require them to abide by all nfl guidelines.

3 minutes ago, Rockdog said:

It’s a guideline.  Where I work employees have follow documented company guidelines.    Chances are all players contracts require them to abide by all nfl guidelines.

So there is no rule. That could make docking players money a problem. The player's union could go apeshit on a guy for that. 

3 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

I would imagine if any player were benched for non-compliance, team spirit would fill the rest of the players and there simply wouldn't be any players left on the field.  The coaches would simply turn to the owners box and shrug their shoulders.  I sure hope it happens.

I'm Spartacus!

Doubtful.  Plenty of players would be left.  One fucked up year and the ones that left would be forgotten.  Fantasy footballers would make adjustments and move on.

25 minutes ago, Rockdog said:

Doubtful.  Plenty of players would be left.  One fucked up year and the ones that left would be forgotten.  Fantasy footballers would make adjustments and move on.

Dream on.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Make the NFL White Again.  

Fastest way to bankrupt it.

Doesn't have to be the whole league, just QBs. I think we can all agree that when America was great QB was reserved exclusively for the master race, and it was even greater before Jackie Robinson.