Salvadore Auctions

US Watercraft goes to Auction!

Recommended Posts

US Watercraft is going to auction. EVERYTHING has to go. inventory of J Boats 22-24-29 & 35, Farr 920, marine parts, marina equipment, woodworking equipment, fenders, boat parts and supplies----everything November 11 in Warren RI. On November 9 the Powerboat and Alerion Sailboat product lines will be sold at auction. info at www.siaai.com

US Watercraft LLC goes to AUCTION.doc

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone is interested in the boats (in particular) or any of the larger items, but isn't local and/or doesn't have the time/resources/space to transport and store them, shoot me a PM. I have a climate controlled warehouse just down the street and can quote on transport & storage. Also might be interested in any creative joint bids or deals.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, USA 236 said:

What's the story on the boats for sale?  Particularly the J/35.

Fuck that, I'll take two 22's and a 24.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Valhalla Sailing Project could use some 22's, 24's or 80's. Anyone have any intel on if/how/what sailboats are up for grabs?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RunSampRun said:

Valhalla Sailing Project could use some 22's, 24's or 80's. Anyone have any intel on if/how/what sailboats are up for grabs?

No intel but I pulled this off of the auctioneer's announcement

Sailboats:  Farr 920 Restored w/ New Hall Spar Mast | (2) J 22’s (1) Restored|J 24 | J 29 | J 35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Salvadore Auctions said:

US Watercraft is going to auction. EVERYTHING has to go. inventory of J Boats 22-24-29 & 35, Farr 920, marine parts, marina equipment, woodworking equipment, fenders, boat parts and supplies----everything November 11 in Warren RI. On November 9 the Powerboat and Alerion Sailboat product lines will be sold at auction. info at www.siaai.com

US Watercraft LLC goes to AUCTION.doc

I'll take a North Rip 30 fully loaded on the cheap if you have one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, RunSampRun said:

Valhalla Sailing Project could use some 22's, 24's or 80's. Anyone have any intel on if/how/what sailboats are up for grabs?

Do thye want a tartan 10?

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A pity.  They were hurt by the Hall Spars exit.

They had some quite viable products, like the Alerion Express 28.  Roughly 450 sold, I think.

Hopefully someone will see the opportunity.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know why they went under?  I thought their expansion to the Warren facility was privately funded / no debt.  Just curious.... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2017 at 9:41 AM, jerseyguy said:

No intel but I pulled this off of the auctioneer's announcement

Sailboats:  Farr 920 Restored w/ New Hall Spar Mast | (2) J 22’s (1) Restored|J 24 | J 29 | J 35

Thanks jerseyguy! I'm going to see about having a representative for the program up there to look into these.

 

Also if anyone knows of people looking to donate a J/22 or J/24 to worthwhile cause, please have them contact me at Valhalla Sailing Project (rob@valhallasailing.org) or on the Book.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Diamond Jim said:

A pity.  They were hurt by the Hall Spars exit.

That's complete and utter bullshit

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, C&C29er said:

Anyone know why they went under?  I thought their expansion to the Warren facility was privately funded / no debt.  Just curious.... 

Sailboat sales across the U.S. used to be 30,000 to 40,000 units per year.  This year I suspect will be under 2,000 units (including Sunfish, Lasers, Optimists, up through super yachts).  There aren't enough orders to keep factories open.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, I'm guilty of buying a European made sportsboat. If they fit in a container, importing has become easy. It's a global economy and US made boats are no longer the only option for US sailors. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2017 at 9:13 PM, LotsO'Knots said:

If anyone is interested in the boats (in particular) or any of the larger items, but isn't local and/or doesn't have the time/resources/space to transport and store them, shoot me a PM. I have a climate controlled warehouse just down the street and can quote on transport & storage. Also might be interested in any creative joint bids or deals.

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That J/35 looks real familiar......  used to have a trailer for it if I recall correctly.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They seem to have an offer already for all the molds and business name at 600k. I wonder who wants to buy them? Hinckley has been acquiring brands lately or could be one of the euro companies. Be interesting to see where they end up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now