• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Shortforbob

Eminem

The best rapper is a white man, perhaps this is this another example of white privilege

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2C0mURn3ZU

Waiting for the inevitable Tweet from the President suggesting Eminem be silenced.  Just like he suggests yanking the broadcast license for NBC.

It is clear the President has no regard for the 1st Amendment.  Very clear, if you are able to see.

We are headed that way....

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Waiting for the inevitable Tweet from the President suggesting Eminem be silenced.  Just like he suggests yanking the broadcast license for NBC.

We can't silence the entertainment industry they're our moral guardians.

We should take note on what Eminem says about women and homos, along with the praise for Polanski and Weinstein

5 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Waiting for the inevitable Tweet from the President suggesting Eminem be silenced. 

For once I would agree with him. But only if that amendment to the constitution covered all Rappers.

1 hour ago, Mohammed Bin Lyin said:

We can't silence the entertainment industry they're our moral guardians.

We should take note on what Eminem says about women and homos, along with the praise for Polanski and Weinstein

Yeah, if I held that position, you might have a point. But, I don’t. So, you don’t. 

Since my point seems to have escaped you, I’ll explain it. Try to pay careful attention. 

President Trump seems to think it is acceptable to quash any criticism he wants. He appears to have no knowledge and/or respect for the 1st Amendment. 

7 minutes ago, the_abandoned_brane said:

The guy named him after candy, why should I take him seriously? I shouldn't. 

His initials are MM; I'm sure I take him more seriously than I do you.  

Well that was unwatchable and incoherent. 

Speaking of which, anyone catch Trump on Hannity?

4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Agree on the first. Didn't even make it half way through before turning it off.

Wouldn't be caught dead for the second. If I ever feel the need to watch a rub & tug live on TV, I'm sure I can find more aesthetically pleasing participants.

11 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

How much fox do you watch?

9 minutes ago, BigUnot said:

How much fox do you watch?

I live on a boat. I'm in Australia. How much do you think I watch?

In truth, I do watch some segments if they're pretty egregious.

I've seen some transcripts of the world salad Trump vomited out on this one. Apparently he believes there's some sort of correlation between the national debt and the capitalization of the stock market. Thinks he's reduced the debt with the market growth since election day. Oh, and clean coal. Some people call it that.

33 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

His initials are MM; I'm sure I take him more seriously than I do you.  

Please, they're obviouslynot tha same person,  he doesn't even look like Michael Moore, how stupid do you think I am?

44 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Agree on the first. Didn't even make it half way through before turning it off.

"It's the calm before the storm right here
Wait, how was I gonna start this off?
I forgot... oh, yeah
That's an awfully hot coffee pot
Should I drop it on Donald Trump? Probably not
But that's all I got 'til I come up with a solid plot
Got a plan and now I gotta hatch it
Like a damn Apache with a tomahawk
Imma walk inside a mosque on Ramadan
And say a prayer that every time Melania talks
She gets a mou... Ahh, Imma stop
But we better give Obama props
'Cause what we got in office now's a kamikaze
That'll probably cause a nuclear holocaust
And while the drama pops
And he waits for s**t to quiet down, he'll just gas his plane up and fly around 'til the bombing stops
Intensities heightened, tensions are risin'
Trump, when it comes to giving a s**t, you're stingy as I am
Except when it comes to having the b***s to go against me, you hide 'em
'Cause you don't got the f**king n**s like an empty asylum
Racism's the only thing he's fantastic for
'Cause that's how he gets his f**king rocks off and he's orange
Yeah, sick tan
That's why he wants us to disband
'Cause he cannot withstand
The fact we're not afraid of Trump
F**k walkin' on egg shells, I came to stomp
That's why he keeps screamin' 'Drain the swamp'
'Cause he's in quicksand
It's like we take a step forwards, then backwards
But this is his form of distraction
Plus, he gets an enormous reaction
When he attacks the NFL so we focus on that
Instead of talking Puerto Rico or gun reform for Nevada
All these horrible tragedies and he's bored and would rather
Cause a Twitter storm with the Packers
Then says he wants to lower our taxes
Then who's gonna pay for his extravagant trips
Back and forth with his fam to his golf resorts and his mansions?
Same s**t that he tormented Hillary for and he slandered
Then does it more
From his endorsement of Bannon
Support for the Klansmen
Tiki torches in hand for the soldier that's black
And comes home from Iraq
And is still told to go back to Africa
Fork and a dagger in this racist 94-year-old grandpa
Who keeps ignoring our past historical, deplorable factors
Now if you're a black athlete, you're a spoiled little brat for
Tryina use your platform or your stature
To try to give those a voice who don't have one
He says, 'You're spittin' in the face of vets who fought for us, you bastards!'
Unless you're a POW who's tortured and battered
'Cause to him you're zeros
'Cause he don't like his war heroes captured
That's not disrespecting the military
F**k that! This is for Colin, ball up a fist!
And keep that s**t balled like Donald the b**ch!
'He's gonna get rid of all immigrants!'
'He's gonna build that thang up taller than this!'
Well, if he does build it, I hope it's rock solid with bricks
'Cause like him in politics, I'm using all of his tricks
'Cause I'm throwin' that piece of s**t against the wall 'til it sticks
And any fan of mine who's a supporter of his
I'm drawing in the sand a line: you're either for or against
And if you can't decide who you like more and you're split
On who you should stand beside, I'll do it for you with this:
F**k you!
The rest of America stand up
We love our military, and we love our country
But we f**king hate Trump"

Anyone who can make that up on the spot deserves a rant award. 
Rap may not do much for us olds but if it gets to white mouth breathers ..any medium will suffice.

Get off my lawn!!! :D
I thought it was kind of impressive, like a medieval bard..and likely to get the same sort of reaction from the king.

Oooo looky, trump's doubled down on his "gag the press" stunt.  well Rappers are the "press" of the illiterate.

"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/11/opinion/what-makes-eminems-anti-trump-rap-different.html

The fact of Eminem’s whiteness, though, also means that he reaches a different listener. A recent Times article that looked at music fandom across the country noted that his baseis “strongest in whiter and more rural places: West Virginia; southern Ohio; eastern Kentucky; deep north Maine; the Ozarks in Missouri; across the Great Plains.

When Kendrick Lamar blasts Mr. Trump, he is preaching to the choir. When Eminem does it, there’s a good chance Trump voters are actually listening."

6 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
Rap may not do much for us olds but if it gets to white mouth breathers ..any medium will suffice.

I actually don't mind some of Eminem's stuff. He's actually got some songs that speak to the father in me and others that savagely mock the culture that people incorrectly claim him to be a supporter/idol of. 

Stuttered start/stop freestyle is just not my thing. Elton John is an amazing muscian too, but I doubt any of us want to sit through him working out the songs from scratch. We want to hear the finished, polished work. Let the man put some music to it, smooth off the rough edges, refine the delivery, and I'll give it a chance ;)

Just now, Bent Sailor said:

I actually don't mind some of Eminem's stuff. He's actually got some songs that speak to the father in me and others that savagely mock the culture that people incorrectly claim him to be a supporter/idol of. 

Stuttered start/stop freestyle is just not my thing. Elton John is an amazing muscian too, but I doubt any of us want to sit through him working out the songs from scratch. We want to hear the finished, polished work. Let the man put some music to it, smooth off the rough edges, refine the delivery, and I'll give it a chance ;)

Nah..the impromptu nature of freestyle is what gives it it's edge..and power..smooth it out and all you get is a polished rock..

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Nah..the impromptu nature of freestyle is what gives it it's edge..and power..smooth it out and all you get is a polished rock..

Each to their own. Whilst I can see and appreciate a diamond in the rough, I much prefer the polished rock at the end of the refinement process. 

5 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Each to their own. Whilst I can see and appreciate a diamond in the rough, I much prefer the polished rock at the end of the refinement process. 

Me too, but that was one powerful statement and some of it even rhymed.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

For once I would agree with him. But only if that amendment to the constitution covered all Rappers.

Even Lin-Manuel Miranda? Ban "Hamilton"? 

16 minutes ago, Sean said:

It makes one wonder if rappers choose to sound "illiterate" in normal speech..anyone who can do off the cuff that has pretty awesome linguistic skills..sounds like nonsense....but so does Jabberwocky..

I like the idea of rappers taking to trump tactics to reach HIS base..sweet irony  but might end the world as we know it :D

52 minutes ago, Sean said:

Pretty fucking skilled. Doubt we have anyone on these forums with the linguistic speed to pull of similar. Then again, that'd be why we're here and not on late night television :P

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I've seen some transcripts of the world salad Trump vomited out on this one. Apparently he believes there's some sort of correlation between the national debt and the capitalization of the stock market. Thinks he's reduced the debt with the market growth since election day. Oh, and clean coal. Some people call it that.

Why ask if anyone watched Hannity? 

35 minutes ago, BigUnot said:

Why ask if anyone watched Hannity? 

Because I was curious if anyone had. I've read excerpts and have some opinions on them (mainly...Trump is still a fucking idiot) but I'd love to see if anyone had also looked into it.

I don't care what HANNITY has to say, he's as useless as a bag of dicks. Since Trump is too chicken shit to go on any other venue or hold a news conference, this is one of the only ways we actually have to see him answering questions. Even if it is heavily edited and all efforts to polish his verbal turds are made.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Great.  Now there is going to be a tard squad uprising against M&M Mars.  

I thought those ding-a-lings were still boycotting the works of the late Charles M. Schulz after Snoop Dog dropped his anti-Trump video.

4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Because I was curious if anyone had. I've read excerpts and have some opinions on them (mainly...Trump is still a fucking idiot) but I'd love to see if anyone had also looked into it.

I don't care what HANNITY has to say, he's as useless as a bag of dicks. Since Trump is too chicken shit to go on any other venue or hold a news conference, this is one of the only ways we actually have to see him answering questions. Even if it is heavily edited and all efforts to polish his verbal turds are made.

I see more fox from you and your ilk than anywhere else 

1 minute ago, BigUnot said:

So what?

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

It makes one wonder if rappers choose to sound "illiterate" in normal speech..anyone who can do off the cuff that has pretty awesome linguistic skills..sounds like nonsense....but so does Jabberwocky..

I like the idea of rappers taking to trump tactics to reach HIS base..sweet irony  but might end the world as we know it :D

You think a large part of Trump’s base listen to Rap?   ROTFLMAO

6 minutes ago, BigUnot said:

Sure you do.

19 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Idiot...ignorant idiot..not all Mouth breating trump supporters are old. ...

Biggest listeners to Eminem (and other rappers) Middle class white americans..

"Though it has become popular among numerous races and cultures across America, rap’s fan base has grown immensely within middle-class white teenagers. When rap first began as a genre, it was dominated by low-income African Americans living in urban settings. This is because the genre originated within the South Bronx in New York City, an area dominated by these particular individuals (Keyes, 1). As rap music became more widespread and made its way into the mainstream, more white individuals were exposed to its clever rhymes and intriguing beats. Some sources have even made claims that more rap music is purchased today by white fans than African American fans. "Record label executives began to define the primary hip hop audience as white, suburban, wealthy teenagers who, since 1991, have been estimated to purchase between 60 to 80 percent (debated statistic) of all hip hop music" (Hart, 9). Many speculate that this statistic is only true because wealthy white teenagers have more money to spend on music than African Americans do, at least those living in inner cities. It may also be true because of its rapid emergence into a mainstream music genre. Some credit Eminem with bringing rap music to the mainstream. Much of the music that is considered mainstream in America resembles the musical preferences of white American teens. Analysts feel that because Eminem is white, more white individuals are drawn into the world of rap. Eminem even writes a song called "White America," in which he expresses his anger towards the government for trying to censor his music. "The attempts to censor him were based on the fear of his influence on American children and came mostly from white, suburban people who had not paid attention to rap before" ("Eminem – White America Lyrics"). The government received a multitude of complains from white American parents that addressed Eminem's vulgar lyrics. This helps demonstrate how popular Eminem was within the rap community, and also shows how popular rap is among white American teenagers. The fact that the white population was able to send in enough complaints to grab the U.S. government's attention goes to show rap's enormous influence and popularity among white America.

https://africanamericanheavymetal.weebly.com/white-fan-base-in-rap.html

Someone pour some water for the old guy.

48 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

But not from that jug on the front counter the homeless guy drinks out of. 

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

But not from that jug on the front counter the homeless guy drinks out of. 

Why not? 

1 hour ago, Bent Sailor said:

Pretty fucking skilled. Doubt we have anyone on these forums with the linguistic speed to pull of similar. Then again, that'd be why we're here and not on late night television :P

I guess if you are stupid enough to vote for the greens, believing that the '3 word generator'  that pops the words up on a TV screen couldn't be fake isn't a big leap. Now about that bridge i have for sale...

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Why not? 

Occupational health and safety? It is conceivable that a guy who lives in a cardboard box, eats out of rubbish bins and hasn't had a bath since Kevin Rudd left office could have some nasty germs but my god it would be bigoted to say it out loud. 

4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I guess if you are stupid enough to vote for the greens, believing that the '3 word generator'  that pops the words up on a TV screen couldn't be fake isn't a big leap. Now about that bridge i have for sale...

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Occupational health and safety? It is conceivable that a guy who lives in a cardboard box, eats out of rubbish bins and hasn't had a bath since Kevin Rudd left office could have some nasty germs but my god it would be bigoted to say it out loud. 

Like I said...why not? :D

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

So, despite all the twaddle during the election about his widespread appeal, you are now acknowledging that Trumps base is primarily old white people?

Well done. I mean it only took you a year, but you finally grasped what others have been saying from the beginning.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Some sources have even made claims that more rap music is purchased today by white fans than African American fans.

Liar. 

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Jayzus, you make it sound like you'd be better off sharing it with an Ibis.

13 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Time you went home :D You're starting to appreciate australian humour..and spell in irish. 

16 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

You don't remember Mel's OH&S water jug drama at the library thread?? OMG such things happened!

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:
"It's the calm before the storm right here
Wait, how was I gonna start this off?
I forgot... oh, yeah
That's an awfully hot coffee pot
Should I drop it on Donald Trump? Probably not
But that's all I got 'til I come up with a solid plot
Got a plan and now I gotta hatch it
Like a damn Apache with a tomahawk
Imma walk inside a mosque on Ramadan
And say a prayer that every time Melania talks
She gets a mou... Ahh, Imma stop
But we better give Obama props
'Cause what we got in office now's a kamikaze
That'll probably cause a nuclear holocaust
And while the drama pops
And he waits for s**t to quiet down, he'll just gas his plane up and fly around 'til the bombing stops
Intensities heightened, tensions are risin'
Trump, when it comes to giving a s**t, you're stingy as I am
Except when it comes to having the b***s to go against me, you hide 'em
'Cause you don't got the f**king n**s like an empty asylum
Racism's the only thing he's fantastic for
'Cause that's how he gets his f**king rocks off and he's orange
Yeah, sick tan
That's why he wants us to disband
'Cause he cannot withstand
The fact we're not afraid of Trump
F**k walkin' on egg shells, I came to stomp
That's why he keeps screamin' 'Drain the swamp'
'Cause he's in quicksand
It's like we take a step forwards, then backwards
But this is his form of distraction
Plus, he gets an enormous reaction
When he attacks the NFL so we focus on that
Instead of talking Puerto Rico or gun reform for Nevada
All these horrible tragedies and he's bored and would rather
Cause a Twitter storm with the Packers
Then says he wants to lower our taxes
Then who's gonna pay for his extravagant trips
Back and forth with his fam to his golf resorts and his mansions?
Same s**t that he tormented Hillary for and he slandered
Then does it more
From his endorsement of Bannon
Support for the Klansmen
Tiki torches in hand for the soldier that's black
And comes home from Iraq
And is still told to go back to Africa
Fork and a dagger in this racist 94-year-old grandpa
Who keeps ignoring our past historical, deplorable factors
Now if you're a black athlete, you're a spoiled little brat for
Tryina use your platform or your stature
To try to give those a voice who don't have one
He says, 'You're spittin' in the face of vets who fought for us, you bastards!'
Unless you're a POW who's tortured and battered
'Cause to him you're zeros
'Cause he don't like his war heroes captured
That's not disrespecting the military
F**k that! This is for Colin, ball up a fist!
And keep that s**t balled like Donald the b**ch!
'He's gonna get rid of all immigrants!'
'He's gonna build that thang up taller than this!'
Well, if he does build it, I hope it's rock solid with bricks
'Cause like him in politics, I'm using all of his tricks
F**k you!
The rest of America stand up
We love our military, and we love our country
But we f**king hate Trump"

Get off my lawn!!! :D
I thought it was kind of impressive, like a medieval bard..and likely to get the same sort of reaction from the king.

Oooo looky, trump's doubled down on his "gag the press" stunt.  well Rappers are the "press" of the illiterate.

"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/11/opinion/what-makes-eminems-anti-trump-rap-different.html

The fact of Eminem’s whiteness, though, also means that he reaches a different listener. A recent Times article that looked at music fandom across the country noted that his baseis “strongest in whiter and more rural places: West Virginia; southern Ohio; eastern Kentucky; deep north Maine; the Ozarks in Missouri; across the Great Plains.

When Kendrick Lamar blasts Mr. Trump, he is preaching to the choir. When Eminem does it, there’s a good chance Trump voters are actually listening."

But as political commentary it pretty juvenile.

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

But as political commentary it pretty juvenile.

Cause like him in politics, I'm using all of his tricks
F**k you!

So are the people it's aimed at. His white middle class fan base.

17 minutes ago, BigUnot said:

You don't remember Mel's OH&S water jug drama at the library thread?? OMG such things happened!

No, there are a lot if threads I don't read.

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
F**k you!

Agreed...His fan base is juvenile.

6 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

as a musician, yeah I understand you wanted to hear the polished final version,  BUTTTTTTT  

think of that as a freestyle poet....slam poetry??   there is NOBODY   here who can stand up and make rhymes like that   and be focused on one subject....

go ahead and try

8 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Racist much? Oh sorry you're a left winger so no, but if a republican white male said rappers sound illiterate in their "normal" speech that would be the response. 

6 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

"Though it has become popular among numerous races and cultures across America, rap’s fan base has grown immensely within middle-class white teenagers. When rap first began as a genre, it was dominated by low-income African Americans living in urban settings. This is because the genre originated within the South Bronx in New York City, an area dominated by these particular individuals (Keyes, 1). As rap music became more widespread and made its way into the mainstream, more white individuals were exposed to its clever rhymes and intriguing beats. Some sources have even made claims that more rap music is purchased today by white fans than African American fans. "Record label executives began to define the primary hip hop audience as white, suburban, wealthy teenagers who, since 1991, have been estimated to purchase between 60 to 80 percent (debated statistic) of all hip hop music" (Hart, 9). Many speculate that this statistic is only true because wealthy white teenagers have more money to spend on music than African Americans do, at least those living in inner cities. It may also be true because of its rapid emergence into a mainstream music genre. Some credit Eminem with bringing rap music to the mainstream. Much of the music that is considered mainstream in America resembles the musical preferences of white American teens. Analysts feel that because Eminem is white, more white individuals are drawn into the world of rap. Eminem even writes a song called "White America," in which he expresses his anger towards the government for trying to censor his music. "The attempts to censor him were based on the fear of his influence on American children and came mostly from white, suburban people who had not paid attention to rap before" ("Eminem – White America Lyrics"). The government received a multitude of complains from white American parents that addressed Eminem's vulgar lyrics. This helps demonstrate how popular Eminem was within the rap community, and also shows how popular rap is among white American teenagers. The fact that the white population was able to send in enough complaints to grab the U.S. government's attention goes to show rap's enormous influence and popularity among white America.

https://africanamericanheavymetal.weebly.com/white-fan-base-in-rap.html

When posting your expertise on America you really need to be careful calling people idiots.  

Hard to read your cut and paste, but young white rural  is high school.   Do you want to continue to convince AMERICANS that a LARGE PART ( my original point) of Trumps base listens to rap?   You have proven over and over you do not have a fucking clue about this country, but if by some stretch you are right we should see a huge protest of rednecks stomping on EMINEM cds in the near future.  Remember the Dixie Chicks?   

6 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Eminem is a white guy from the rust belt. There is a good chance his audience and trumps base has significant overlap. But the typical lefty racism shows up and insists that the white man won't listen to the black mans music.

Give it a try you might like it. I suggest you start close to the beginning with some Kurtis Blow and Run DMC, if you're feeling spicy then jump into Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. Gives you a little early political taste of what's to come. By the time you get to Ice Tea (no he wasn't always an actor) you might feel a little edgy but that's good for you b

Funny..I didn't think of TM as a lefty.

5 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Eminem is a white guy from the rust belt. There is a good chance his audience and trumps base has significant overlap. But the typical lefty racism shows up and insists that the white man won't listen to the black mans music.

Give it a try you might like it. I suggest you start close to the beginning with some Kurtis Blow and Run DMC, if you're feeling spicy then jump into Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. Gives you a little early political taste of what's to come. By the time you get to Ice Tea (no he wasn't always an actor) you might feel a little edgy but that's good for you b

8 minutes ago, chinabald said:

I’ve followed his career, listened to his stuff and consider him an incredibly talented artist.  I enjoy the mixing of pop and rap.  Straight rap just doesn’t float my boat.  It still doesn’t mean a large part of Trumps base would give a shit what Eminem has to say. 

5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

More cluelessness from down under. 

5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

My bad. Lefty racism is usually full of the good intentions the path to hell is paved with. 

6 hours ago, chinabald said:

Racist much? Oh sorry you're a left winger so no, but if a republican white male said rappers sound illiterate in their "normal" speech that would be the response. 

Rap is the iambic pentameter of the modern age. a "poor" persons art form.  Folks like Eminem, Shakespeare.  And yeah, Shakespeare pissed of the folks in charge back in the day, as well.

14 hours ago, BigUnot said:

Not everyone follows Meli around like a lovesick puppy. You should check your stalker instincts... getting kinda creepy dude.

14 hours ago, Shortforbob said:
F**k you!

Do you seriously think anyone cares what Marshall Mathers views on anything are?

11 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Not everyone follows Meli around like a lovesick puppy. You should check your stalker instincts... getting kinda creepy dude.

Creepy, as in a person who claims to have you on ignore but then keeps viewing your profile?

14 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

When posting your expertise on America you really need to be careful calling people idiots.  

Hard to read your cut and paste, but young white rural  is high school.   Do you want to continue to convince AMERICANS that a LARGE PART ( my original point) of Trumps base listens to rap?   You have proven over and over you do not have a fucking clue about this country, but if by some stretch you are right we should see a huge protest of rednecks stomping on EMINEM cds in the near future.  Remember the Dixie Chicks?   

Forget how long Eminem's been around?  Some of his fans, their kids are nearly in highschool.

5 minutes ago, frenchie said:

Forget how long Eminem's been around?  Some of his fans, their kids are nearly in highschool.

Longer than that. His Slim Shady EP came out whilst I was in high school. My eldest son is a year out of finishing high school.

Like most old people, TMSAIL fails to recognise how long ago the world has moved on from his golden years.

16 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Longer than that. His Slim Shady EP came out whilst I was in high school. My eldest son is a year out of finishing high school.

Yes but its not unusual in regional Australia for parents to still be at school with their children. But it is normally the mothers.

8 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

fail

Yep that's normally why they are still at school.

8 hours ago, frenchie said:

I get it, but I still stand by my statement that the vast majority of Trump supporters are not  fans of EMINEM.  Nor will they be influenced by his rant.   That was the line MELI was pushing that Eminem would have a hard hitting effect on Trump supporters. 

32 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

I get it, but I still stand by my statement that the vast majority of Trump supporters are not  fans of EMINEM.  Nor will they be influenced by his rant.   That was the line MELI was pushing that Eminem would have a hard hitting effect on Trump supporters. 

Maybe, maybe not.

Eminem is the best-selling artist of the 2000s in the United States. Throughout his career, he has had 10 number-one albums on the Billboard 200 and five number-one singles on the Billboard Hot 100. With US sales of 47.4 million albums[1] and 42 million tracks as of June 2014, Eminem is the second best-selling male artist of the Nielsen SoundScan era, the sixth best-selling artist in the United States and the best-selling hip-hop artist. Globally, he has sold more than 172 million albums, making him one of the world's best-selling artists. Rolling Stone ranked him 83rd on its list of 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, calling him the King of Hip Hop.

Or maybe you are an out of touch old white guy.

https://www.spin.com/2017/10/eminem-donald-trump-supporters/

Last August, the New York Times (fike news!) published graphics that used YouTube data to examine which parts of America were more likely to listen to a particular artist. One of the artists studied was Eminem, and the Times summed up their findings this way:

His fan base is strongest in whiter and more rural places: West Virginia; southern Ohio; eastern Kentucky; deep north Maine; the Ozarks in Missouri; across the Great Plains. And, of course, Eminem is popular in his hometown, Detroit.

All of those states—save Maine, which splits their electoral votes—went for Trump. There’s no word on if Eminem did read that piece, but it’s easy to assume that he knows his fan base well, which makes these lines pointed and very, very specific.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2017/10/what-makes-eminems-trump-diss-special-and-what-doesnt/542616/

Eminem, more than most rappers, has fans in Trump’s camp. The New York Times found that Eminem’s fan base “is strongest in whiter and more rural places.” As the music critic Brian McCollum pointed out recently, three of the most surprisingly politically relevant artists of the Trump era are rappers who arose from white working-class Detroit in the late ’90s: Kid Rock, Insane Clown Posse, and Eminem, all of whom hold very different political views but can talk to much the same constituency. Also, Marco Rubio is a stan. (To break your brain, here’s Trump endorsing Eminem for president on MTV in 2004.)

Saying that Trump supporters don't include a large number of rap fans is just as ridiculous as those who said the Vegas shooting victims were all Republicans because they listen to Country music. 

On 12/10/2017 at 11:06 AM, BigUnot said:

So many threads, so little time. 

Ok I’ll aqueous. Eminem has a huge fan base among Trump supporters.  Of course he just told them to get fucked.  Will that effect him, Trump or be a non issue.  I’ll go with non issue. .  

1 hour ago, TMSAIL said:

Ok I’ll aqueous. Eminem has a huge fan base among Trump supporters.  Of course he just told them to get fucked.  Will that effect him, Trump or be a non issue.  I’ll go with non issue. .  

I would think this move has resulted in a net loss in his fan base. I assume he knew that going in, but didn't care. Good on him for that. 

20 minutes ago, Bloody Chum said:

M&Ms is a modern Shakespeare! 

Yeah...

glad you agree.

Ms Middleton found that while Shakespeare and poet John Keats, as examples, may have had a better style when it came to rhyming couplets and more traditional verse, modern rappers excel at rearranging sentences to make them fit. 

This includes creating so-called half rhymes, which are typically much harder to create because traditionalists view them as incorrect.

For example, in Akala's Shakespeare track, he raps: ‘Its William back from the dead/But I rap bout gats [guns] and I’m black instead/ It’s Shakespeare, reincarnated/Except I spit flows and strip hoes [prostitutes] naked.’ 

RAPPERS HAVE LARGER VOCABULARIES THAN POETS

Last year, New York-based data scientist Matt Daniels analysed 35,000 lyrics hip-hop and rap lyrics, and compared the number of unique words to those used in the first 35,000 words of Shakespeare's plays and Herman Melville's Moby Dick.

In top spot was Aesop Rock who used 7,392 unique words, while DMX sat at the opposite end of the scale with 3,214 unique words.

Shakespeare sat at 5,170 unique words alongside Beastie Boys and Outkast, while Melville scored higher at 6,022 words only beaten by Kool Keith, GZA and Aesop Rock. claimed to have found 16 artists with a stronger vocabulary than the Bard.

This suggested rappers today have a larger vocabulary than literary scholars.  

Reincarnated and naked aren't traditional rhyming couplets but sound similar enough for them to work for the purposes of the song.

Ms Middleton explained: ‘The high vocabulary score and high prevalence of ‘imperfect’ half rhymes and unique sentence structure, over and above the use of more traditional and deliberate rhyming couplets, show that rap music proves the theory that [its] biggest stars find their success in their ability to rhyme subconsciously.

‘My research found that more than 70 per cent of the time, artists used half-rhyme, such as ‘hop-rock’, rather than traditional rhymes like ‘cat-mat’.

Experts said imperfect rhymes do not typically come naturally when writing, but the study said the skill is 'second nature' for popular rap artists.  

‘In Eminem’s track ‘Rap God’, he boasts of his rhyme skill saying: ‘But for me to rap like a computer must be in my genes’ which proves the point made by my research - that rapping is outside his conscious control,' continued Ms Middleton.

‘I think that hip-hop has the most sophisticated use of rhyme of any genre and when written down it reads just like poetry.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2949186/Are-rappers-better-linguists-SHAKESPEARE-Complex-rhymes-second-nature-hip-hop-artists.html#ixzz4vPb8DvuI 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

It's acquiesce...but then this is a sailing site so maybe you're bringing in some rap linguistics to your intended slight.

20 minutes ago, Bloody Chum said:

Do you think it may be required curriculum in school someday?

already is

wait, maybe not required. But certainly in electives. My kids HS choir did a little rap at their concert last week.  If you take a music class, it would be an awful oversight to skip Rap as a genre.  

24 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

RAPPERS HAVE LARGER VOCABULARIES THAN POETS

Last year, New York-based data scientist Matt Daniels analysed 35,000 lyrics hip-hop and rap lyrics, and compared the number of unique words to those used in the first 35,000 words of Shakespeare's plays and Herman Melville's Moby Dick.

In top spot was Aesop Rock who used 7,392 unique words, while DMX sat at the opposite end of the scale with 3,214 unique words.

Shakespeare sat at 5,170 unique words alongside Beastie Boys and Outkast, while Melville scored higher at 6,022 words only beaten by Kool Keith, GZA and Aesop Rock. claimed to have found 16 artists with a stronger vocabulary than the Bard.

This suggested rappers today have a larger vocabulary than literary scholars.  

Having the words and assembling them into a coherent message are two different things, methinks.

18 minutes ago, Bloody Chum said:

Having the words and assembling them into a coherent message are two different things, methinks.

his messages are very coherent. As coherent as anything in the rap of it's day, iambic pentameter.

Not to say I like all his work, I don't. I'm not a big fan of the "rap wars" stuff, which is about who has the biggest mouth, etc, but that's part of the genre.

3 hours ago, TMSAIL said:

Will that effect him, Trump or be a non issue.  I’ll go with non issue. .  

That pronouncement should surprise absolutely no one.

Of course, this could turn out to be a flop.....

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

It's acquiesce...but then this is a sailing site so maybe you're bringing in some rap linguistics to your intended slight.

FAT fingers and spell check. Regardless what slight?   Do you think this is a major issue?  Haven’t heard much outside this thread. 

48 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

That pronouncement should surprise absolutely no one.

Of course, this could turn out to be a flop.....

It is my opinion sorry if you disagree.  I see you are channeling Bent.  LOL

3 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

FAT fingers and spell check. Regardless what slight?   Do you think this is a major issue?  Haven’t heard much outside this thread. 

Don't hang out on Twitter much, do you.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

I would think this move has resulted in a net loss in his fan base. I assume he knew that going in, but didn't care. Good on him for that. 

I doubt it. 

Just now, B.J. Porter said:

Don't hang out on Twitter much, do you.

Correct is it blowing Up with tweets?  

I think Eminem and Kid Rock ought to fill a stadium somewhere and say/play whatever they want and donate the till to PR.  Talk is cheap.  

4 minutes ago, TMSAIL said:

Correct is it blowing Up with tweets?  

There was a lot of talk about it for a while, though it's more in the background the blowback for Weinstein.

A few of his fans have sworn off him. I'm sure they've smashed some CDs, burned some T-shirts and destroyed a few more things they've already paid for and will have no material effect on Mr. Mather's bottom line.

I'm betting he's made more of him think about his words.