• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
mad

Forum upgrade??

The layout has changed, and there seem so be a lot of duplicated threads. 

Any ideas?

and the new content button has disappeared at the top

Right now the mobile version is sucky.

It'll probably be several days again before it's all sorted.

1 minute ago, familysailor said:

Shit, I can't kneel to tie my shoes without all my joints threatening to punish me...

I didn't say it would happen quickly...............

(I will need help getting up though.....)

I was going to post that I suffered some kind of digital lobotomy here, I have no past. Just before I hit post, I thought of all the fun LB would have with that one, and decided not to.

BJ, WTF? Where is your 'Content w/o PA' feed? I found your recent post to add that but without the new content button it doesn't seem to work. SA moderation turning into a day care center and someone missed their shift this morning?

47 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Cat's Ass said:

WORD, But I like how the text and background colors are almost the same !

Just think how much money that saved by skipping beta testing of the damn thing. 

Just now, Innocent Bystander said:

Just think how much money that saved by skipping beta testing of the damn thing. 

The big saving was stiffing Dawg for what they promised him. 

It is basically SharePoint people, most everyone is going to it.  It is a MS product so, well, suck it up... 

4 hours ago, familysailor said:

Shit, I can't kneel to tie my shoes without all my joints threatening to punish me...

You can still tie shoes ?

That ended years ago for me. Slip-ons, loafers, go heads . . .

Work Around  :mellow:

WorkAround.png

Upgrade, downgrade, no horizontal grade.

Eric Maison and his daughter, Corey, realized at the same time that they are transgender. The father and daughter - who were formerly mother and son - were watching a documentary about a transgender girl when they had their light bulb moment.

"That's when we both learned what it meant to be transgender, and realized that that explained both of us exactly," Eric, 39, tells PEOPLE.

For years, both of them were uncomfortable in their bodies, but they didn't know how to describe the feeling.

"I was always sad and angry all the time, and I didn't know what to do about it," Corey, 15, says.

"I knew that something was off, but I didn't know what that was. I knew that I hated my body, I was very ashamed of it, but I didn't know, cognitively, why," Eric adds. "Honestly, I just thought it was me. I thought there was something wrong with my brain."

came out to her parents right after watching the film in 2012, a moment she said was "very relieving." But Eric held on to her thoughts for another three years, for the sake of her daughter.

"I wanted to make sure that my child was taken care of. I wanted to do everything to make sure her transition was smooth and everything was in place," he says. "As a parent, you want to put your kids first."

Corey had issues at first - with her short hair, she became a target for bullies who would laugh and stare at her - but the teen discovered her true friends.

"I lost a lot of friends in the process, but the ones that actually did care stayed," Corey says.

And when she rejoined a local school in Detroit after taking classes at home for a few years, the administration was immediately welcoming, telling her to use the girl's bathroom and locker room, and briefing staff members.

"There was an issue with a few parents complaining that there was a trans girl in the bathroom with their children, and the principal basically said, sorry but, President Obama set these guidelines and we're going to stick by them," Eric says.

Now both Corey and Eric - who were featured in National Geographic's Gender Revolution issue - say they feel "complete," and coming out as their true selves has made their lives better in every aspect.

"We're just happier overall," Eric says. "Holding a secret breaks us up and puts up obstacles. We're better people and have better relationships with our family members."

Before

Oqlo0Fp.jpg

After 

9GquKJw.jpg

Before and after

bixQS58.jpg

anyone know what time the "All in the Family" re-runs come on ??

7 hours ago, Bloody Chum said:

I was going to post that I suffered some kind of digital lobotomy here, I have no past. Just before I hit post, I thought of all the fun LB would have with that one, and decided not to.

Nah I wouldn't have done that mate. I like a challenge so when I get a slow one over the plate I just let it through to the 'keeper.

And there a little Australian/American fusion sporting analogy for you. Hands across the sea and all that.

And yes it sucks but I am sure its not an upgrade but a NRA hack given how badly the gun club are getting owned over in PA right now.

19 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Nah I wouldn't have done that mate. I like a challenge so when I get a slow one over the plate I just let it through to the 'keeper.

And there a little Australian/American fusion sporting analogy for you. Hands across the sea and all that.

And yes it sucks but I am sure its not an upgrade but a NRA hack given how badly the gun club are getting owned over in PA right now.

Penis Anarchy ??

15 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

BJ, WTF? Where is your 'Content w/o PA' feed? I found your recent post to add that but without the new content button it doesn't seem to work. SA moderation turning into a day care center and someone missed their shift this morning?

I have no idea. I stepped down as a Moderator months  ago.

18 hours ago, familysailor said:

I am going to have to sit this one out.  My knees barely bend 90 degrees on a good day, so kneeling is out of the question.

We seem to have lost the post number in the thread that used to appear in the top right hand corner.  Irritating

The forum seems to have returned to normal. Well, you know what mean...

1 hour ago, DtM said:

We seem to have lost the post number in the thread that used to appear in the top right hand corner.  Irritating

Yes it is. I'd like to see the "who's viewing" come back too.

And the AllTime Wall of Shame

was nice badg or horror too

Can we please get the post number back in the top right corner. 

On fast moving threads like the VOR at the moment it is bloody irritating to have to guess the post number.