• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Parma

Extreme Sailing Series in San Diego

So I can't find coverage anywhere except on the website for the series itself. Large portions of Harbor Island are closed and there is virtually no parking for those of us who keep a boat down there.

Looks like they're in for good breeze on Friday in the 15- 20 knot range. Might be fun to watch.

Here is a link to the San Diego bay webcams but there is probably a better source as these move around a bunch.

http://www.sundiegolive.com/

there is nothing mentioned on sa as the ding dong in marketing essentially wanted us to run their ads for free - sure, you bet we will! when some don't think we are worthy of a few advertising dollars, (after reaching out to us), giving free publicity simply is not in that equation...

having said that, clean will be announcing and i am going to go for a spin on one of the boats - either friday or saturday. and they are going to let me drive - capsize, anybody? hahaha!

go friday, announce it and live stream it so we can all watch.

wear a yellow helmet so we will know which one is you flying through the air.

live broadcast is saturday and sunday on the ESS website and probably facebook pages.  I'm hosting, match racer and funny dude Nate Hollerbach is analyst, and we have pretty good chemistry so I expect it to be pretty entertaining for anyone watching.

was lmao to learn morgo holed ainslie in the practice race yesterday...no word on boarding from the pom

THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE WAITING FOR

and this is what "They" posted

Clean can you add sum Exciting/Extreme Color to this clip to give us a better idea what to wait for

I know buy an Ad !!!B)

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

live broadcast is saturday and sunday on the ESS website and probably facebook pages.  I'm hosting, match racer and funny dude Nate Hollerbach is analyst, and we have pretty good chemistry so I expect it to be pretty entertaining for anyone watching.

don't tell leweck, he'll whine to the extreme people just like this little bitch that he is.

9 minutes ago, Editor said:

there better be some breeze or this thing is going to suck!

they are going head to head with the Fucking Sucking chargers for viewer/fans

they are going to need Lots of Fans !! :o:o:lol: 

1 hour ago, Editor said:

there better be some breeze or this thing is going to suck!

TONIGHT  Wind W 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Wind waves  2 ft or less...becoming 3 to 4 ft after midnight. Mixed swell W  3 to 5 ft at 7 seconds and SW 2 to 3 ft at 14 seconds. Patchy  drizzle after midnight.  

FRI  Wind W 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Wind waves 4 ft.  Mixed swell W 5 to 6 ft at 7 seconds and SW 2 ft at 14 seconds.  Slight chance of rain in the morning.  

FRI NIGHT  Wind NW 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Wind waves  4 ft. Mixed swell W 5 to 8 ft at 8 seconds and SW 1 to 2 ft at  13 seconds.  

SAT  Wind NW 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 ft  or less. Mixed swell W 4 to 7 ft at 10 seconds and SW 1 ft at  13 seconds.  

SAT NIGHT  Wind N 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt. Wind waves  2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 4 to 5 ft at 10 seconds and S 1 ft at  15 seconds.  

SUN  Wind NE 10 kt...becoming W with gusts to 15 kt in the  afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell NW 3 to 4 ft and  S 1 to 2 ft.

SUN NIGHT  Wind N 10 kt with gusts to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or  less. Mixed swell W 3 to 4 ft and S 2 ft.

Yup, today was pretty much a yawnfest.  Except there were some pretty big flyers and payoffs seeking wind, and champs turned to chumps quickly.  The SAP "Virtual Eye(?)" app pretty much sucks, at least on my  lo-res Wi-Fi connection; too jerky and freezing to really follow the race.

OTOH, the start line is only 2,000' from where I live; today was moderately entertaining bare eyed from E. Harbor Island..  Tomorrow is the go to day for fireworks, 25kn gusts?  Also maybe rain, so bring your umbrella.  Sat-Sun finals prediction is 15-20mph Sat and maybe a 11-15mph Sunday.  The Diego' forecasters have a difficult job prediction exact conditions in the Bay, so buyer beware. 

Not many people today at the "Village" based on a binocular scan.  They've sure blocked out the street with cones, etc., expecting a big crowd Sat-Sun., $30 parking fees, offsite shuttles, etc. 

Personally it reminds me of the RC44 happening in 2011,  big promotion but Diego' didn't deliver on wind.  Maybe this time, the wind Gods will deliver. Ben and some of the other team's top boys are showing up, could be interesting.

Extreme sailing?   This weather forecast could be for just about any day for those of us who sail out of San Pedro and Pt. Fermin area.

for dago, that kind of breeze is a gift from jebus. hope it materializes, 'cause if it don't, hopefully it will once and for all stop all the retarded talk about this second rate burg hosting big time events. 

9 hours ago, Parma said:

TONIGHT  Wind W 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Wind waves  2 ft or less...becoming 3 to 4 ft after midnight. Mixed swell W  3 to 5 ft at 7 seconds and SW 2 to 3 ft at 14 seconds. Patchy  drizzle after midnight.  

FRI  Wind W 15 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Wind waves 4 ft.  Mixed swell W 5 to 6 ft at 7 seconds and SW 2 ft at 14 seconds.  Slight chance of rain in the morning.  

FRI NIGHT  Wind NW 10 to 20 kt with gusts to 25 kt. Wind waves  4 ft. Mixed swell W 5 to 8 ft at 8 seconds and SW 1 to 2 ft at  13 seconds.  

SAT  Wind NW 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt. Wind waves 2 ft  or less. Mixed swell W 4 to 7 ft at 10 seconds and SW 1 ft at  13 seconds.  

SAT NIGHT  Wind N 10 to 15 kt with gusts to 20 kt. Wind waves  2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 4 to 5 ft at 10 seconds and S 1 ft at  15 seconds.  

SUN  Wind NE 10 kt...becoming W with gusts to 15 kt in the  afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell NW 3 to 4 ft and  S 1 to 2 ft.

SUN NIGHT  Wind N 10 kt with gusts to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or  less. Mixed swell W 3 to 4 ft and S 2 ft.

Sew Farr  ................  TONIGHT .................. DEAD CALM

Was there a location posted with those predictions ???

I'm Sure it's Blowing Presidents off Lewinskys - but not around here

this might be a perfect Drone Event

People like to watch Drones

9 hours ago, Editor said:

for dago, that kind of breeze is a gift from jebus. hope it materializes, 'cause if it don't, hopefully it will once and for all stop all the retarded talk about this second rate burg hosting big time events. 

If it's a steady 18 with gusts to 25 they might not go out. The bay can be gusty out of the Northwest and especially right below the AC harbor entrance

14 hours ago, foamy1946 said:

Extreme sailing?   This weather forecast could be for just about any day for those of us who sail out of San Pedro and Pt. Fermin area.

The "Extreme Sailing Series" does not refer to the weather for any given event but rather to the series itself. In other words If that were flat calm it would still be "The Extreme Sailing Series".

Humidity: 
72%
Wind: 
WNW 13 mph
Dew Pt.: 
59°
Pressure: 
29.96 in 
UV Index: 
1 of 10
Visibility: 
10.0 mi
Air Quality: 
Good

Ok so Im unfolding the Fiddler's Blimp

Takes over an hour to fill then there are all the rubber bands to stretch

It should be ready by noon

Its the Dark Green one if you see a couple overhead

Might go today, might go tomorrow or might go Sunday, But Not for long I imagine.

PIX/VIDz to follow if I dew

Forsure I have Nothing to do during the Fucking Sucking charger game

The wind in Bay Park / Mission Bay thismorning

has been like being in the exasut/breath of a sleeping Giant

Puff ...nothing  Puff ....nothing 

That's Not going to get boats Excited

Best Viewing likely from Bali Hai @ The Bar (if you get my drink)

Clean I wanna catch up if yer in town . Been a long time !!

Will you be up in the Pink SA Blimp ??

The Breez seams to have turned to Extreme Humidity = Drizzle/Rain

and No Wind at all

But this from Bay Park/Mission Bay and Not Harbor Island so ..................................

OK here are sum Kams you can watch "EXCEPT in San Diego on Time Wanker"

They Do however work on Verizon Fone so Put that Unlimited Data to Work !!!

http://www.sundiegolive.com/

javascript:ChangeVideo('harborisland-s-nopeer');

javascript:ChangeVideo('harborisland-e-nopeer');

javascript:ChangeVideo('shelterisland-nopeer');

Well the Eye of any wind is directly over DAGO

Dead Calm 

But again thats Bay Park / Mission Bay, 5 miles away from SD Bay

Well i guess there IS sum wind over there

I would call it EXTREMELY CALM

Now

63°
Mostly Cloudy
Feels Like 63°
77° / 60°
Humidity: 
67%
Wind: 
ESE 3 mph
Dew Pt.: 
52°
Pressure: 
30.05 in 
UV Index: 
1 of 10
Visibility: 
10.0 mi
Air Quality: 
Good

Yep, that forecast sure changed. You know, I have the damndest time finding reliable or even sort of accurate weather forecasts for San Diego. Anyone have a reccomendation?

TODAY  Wind SE to 10 kt...becoming W in the afternoon. Wind  waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 4 to 6 ft at 12 seconds and SW  1 ft at 12 seconds.  

TONIGHT  Wind NE to 10 kt with gusts to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft  or less. Mixed swell W 3 to 4 ft at 15 seconds and S 1 ft at  15 seconds.  

SUN  Wind variable less than 10 kt...becoming NW to 10 kt with  gusts to 15 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed  swell W 2 to 3 ft at 14 seconds and S 1 to 2 ft at 18 seconds.  

SUN NIGHT  Wind NW to 10 kt in the evening... becoming variable  less than 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft  at 13 seconds and S 2 ft at 17 seconds.  

MON  Wind NE to 10 kt...becoming W in the afternoon. Gusts to  15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 2 to 3 ft at  13 seconds and S 2 to 3 ft at 16 seconds.

MON NIGHT  Wind N 10 kt with gusts to 15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or  less. Mixed swell W 3 ft and S 2 to 3 ft.  

TUE  Wind NE 10 to 15 kt...becoming W in the afternoon. Wind  waves 3 ft in the morning...becoming 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W  2 to 3 ft and S 2 to 3 ft.

TUE NIGHT  Wind NW 10 to 15 kt...becoming NE after midnight.  Wind waves 3 ft in the evening... becoming 2 ft or less. Mixed  swell W 2 to 3 ft and S 2 to 3 ft.  

WED  Wind E 10 kt...becoming W in the afternoon. Gusts to  15 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W 1 to 3 ft and S  2 ft.  

WED NIGHT  Wind S 10 kt. Wind waves 2 ft or less. Mixed swell W  1 to 2 ft and S 2 ft.    $$

For the weather to be reliablely Honkin in DAGO

It would need a Horn 

Its predictably the same here year around

Except those daz when its Not

No telling exactly But if you go with:

Night and morning low clouds building to 7-10k of wind and temps between 70-80

You eill be fine 99% of the time

Well still Dead calm here BUT looking Good on DAGO BAY

Scot must be having a Blast

Clean Too

image.thumb.png.e33c4f3288d0d8b20b4de3f5442e2778.png

me I'm doin the VIP Jimmy Buffett thing today B)

Go SDSU Kick sum FRESNO Ass for Scot !!!!