• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
oobilly

Israel and Anti-BDS bill - Insurance clause

Saw this video on an insurance claim form in Louisiana. Clause 11 says "I agree not to boycott Israel..."

Also here is a pic of the governor of Texas signing the anti-BDS bill. IN FRONT OF THE FLAG OF ISRAEL. 

Notice the USA flag is not center...violation of US Flag Code 175 (e) The flag of the United States of America should be at the center and at the highest point of the group when a number of flags of States or localities or pennants of societies are grouped and displayed from staffs

http://tcotrel.tripod.com/flag175.html

GA_BS_1.jpeg

40 minutes ago, BigUnot said:

There's a panel of sock experts here, they seem to be able to attach one or multiple retired or disassociated names to every newb.

You have an anti semite newb guys! Name the sock!

Pretty serious allegation there. Seems it's a legitimate subject

The ACLU is calling the city of Dickinson's hurricane repair grant application unconstitutional because it asks applicants to not boycott Israel, according to a news release from the civil rights non-profit. 

The city posted on its website that grant applications are being accepted for money donated to the Dickinson Harvey Relief fund. The application allows residents to apply for funds to help in rebuilding a home or business impacted by Hurricane Harvey.

Applicants must agree that they "will not boycott Israel during the term of this agreement," according to the form.

"The First Amendment protects Americans' right to boycott, and the government cannot condition hurricane relief or any other public benefit on a commitment to refrain from protected political expression," said ACLU of Texas Legal Director Andre Segura. "Dickinson's requirement is an egregious violation of the First Amendment, reminiscent of McCarthy-era loyalty oaths requiring Americans to disavow membership in the Communist party and other forms of 'subversive' activity."

This comes after Gov. Greg Abbott passed House Bill 89 in May,  known as Anti-Boycott, Divestments and Sanctions),which prohibits state agencies from contracting with and investing in certain public funds into companies that boycott Israel. 

Welcome :)

5 hours ago, oobilly said:

Also here is a pic of the governor of Texas signing the anti-BDS bill. IN FRONT OF THE FLAG OF ISRAEL. 

Notice the USA flag is not center...violation of US Flag Code 175 (e) The flag of the United States of America should be at the center and at the highest point of the group when a number of flags of States or localities or pennants of societies are grouped and displayed from staffs

http://tcotrel.tripod.com/flag175.html

GA_BS_1.jpeg

As long as we're getting technical, that isn't the correct flag anyway, it has the gold trim, which should only be used for ceremony, classrooms, weddings, etc.. Signing a bill or warrant obligates The People in some way, and thus definitely isn't ceremony.

As for public aid that doesn't allow protest, it's unconstitutional, and therefore, to previous Supreme Court decisions, it's "inoperable" as if that clause doesn't even exist. Given that, a government can administer a private grant, and contractual clauses like that can apply. I don't know the details of this Texas grant. Does it use public funds? Does it use private funds?

If it uses private funds, then the cost of administration can't come from the conditional application, but the award itself can. So, if they're obligating a private grant, then the signing is in fact ceremonial, the gold trim is correct, but it still belongs in the center. (And the protest clause is probably enforceable, as long as no public funds are used to enforce it.)

5 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Pretty serious allegation there. Seems it's a legitimate subject

The ACLU is calling the city of Dickinson's hurricane repair grant application unconstitutional because it asks applicants to not boycott Israel, according to a news release from the civil rights non-profit. 

The city posted on its website that grant applications are being accepted for money donated to the Dickinson Harvey Relief fund. The application allows residents to apply for funds to help in rebuilding a home or business impacted by Hurricane Harvey.

Applicants must agree that they "will not boycott Israel during the term of this agreement," according to the form.

"The First Amendment protects Americans' right to boycott, and the government cannot condition hurricane relief or any other public benefit on a commitment to refrain from protected political expression," said ACLU of Texas Legal Director Andre Segura. "Dickinson's requirement is an egregious violation of the First Amendment, reminiscent of McCarthy-era loyalty oaths requiring Americans to disavow membership in the Communist party and other forms of 'subversive' activity."

This comes after Gov. Greg Abbott passed House Bill 89 in May,  known as Anti-Boycott, Divestments and Sanctions),which prohibits state agencies from contracting with and investing in certain public funds into companies that boycott Israel. 

Welcome :)

I think I'd sign the agreement and then go find some way to buy something from Israel. Just to be Uncooperative.

21 minutes ago, frenchie said:

That'd be cooperating, Tom.  Uncooperative would be signing it then NOT buying something from Israel.

As far as I know, I'm already doing that. I don't remember seeing a "Made In Israel" sticker on anything, ever. So I'd have to find something to buy prior to boycotting it.

1 minute ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

As far as I know, I'm already doing that. I don't remember seeing a "Made In Israel" sticker on anything, ever. So I'd have to find something to buy prior to boycotting it.

Prolly because most of Israeli exports are Made in Palestine :sofa: 

1 hour ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Like back during the South Africa boycotts  -  it's not about the (almost nonexistent) products labelled "made in Israel" (or "made in Palestine").  It's about companies who have factories in Israel, or who buy raw materials from Israel, and so on. 

1 hour ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Go to Home Depot, they sell some toolboxes and assorted tools that are Israeli-made. But yeah, not too many consumer products. The Pentagon buys and trades for a lot of Israeli electronic warfare technology. Hospitals use a good bit of Israeli non-invasive surgery and sensing technologies, and the printing industry uses a lot of Israeli-made digital presses. There is also some hybrid Israeli produce, like tomatoes that can grow with brackish saltwater.

21 hours ago, BigUnot said:

There's a panel of sock experts here, they seem to be able to attach one or multiple retired or disassociated names to every newb.

You have an anti semite newb guys! Name the sock!

ill admit to anti zionist...but Palestinians are semitic so... not anti semitic.

More pro zionists live outside Israel than in it..so it seems days are numbered for zionism.

8 hours ago, frenchie said:

Like back during the South Africa boycotts  -  it's not about the (almost nonexistent) products labelled "made in Israel" (or "made in Palestine").  It's about companies who have factories in Israel, or who buy raw materials from Israel, and so on. 

Being Uncooperative is going to take research?

This?

ELTA NORTH AMERICA INC., Annapolis Junction, Maryland. ($406,319 contract)

Its solid metal wall features six light blue squares with white trim on the bottom third, topped by dark blue beams and metal plates.

ELTA is a large Israeli defense contractor owned by state-run Israel Aerospace Industries. The company, which makes radar and other gear, opened its new U.S. headquarters in Maryland in May.

http://finance-commerce.com/2017/10/trumps-border-wall-models-take-shape/

There is only one way to prove one isn't boycotting Israel, isn't there? We have to buy the wall from them or face the wrath of Jefferson (Davis) Beaureguard Sessions, I guess. 

Oh well...as long as Mexico pays for it...s'ok by me.