Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Editor

caption contest

Hey boat fans, my boat bottom becomes legal in Cali on January 2018.  Now to find some papers.

I've got nothing.  But, WOW!  I wonder if just lifting the boat out of the water caused structural damage.

Hey ed,  I encourage a vote for ZZ Bottom.

4 hours ago, Lark said:

Reynolds-Averaged Navier–Stokes computations are  not fully capable of considering both viscous and rotational effects of non laminar viscous flow on an efficient cruising hull in varied sea states.    I've developed my own model, "Random Unchecked Motion"  which shows that for classic Con Tiki style cruising non laminar enhanced turbulence is critical for maximum effective leeway and full utilization of available currents.   I chartered and specially outfitted test boat which recently completed a stealth cruise.   It conclusively proved my theories, and also showed the unexpected fringe benefit of sliding over Texas Reef without damage.   This allows the benefit of a robust semi custom Origami design to be realized in a flimsy fiberglass hull without expensive retrofitting.  The passive inertial dampening aspects of robust foliage growth also helps minimize seasickness.

Well done.

2 hours ago, @last said:

Although the new antifoulant is 100% organic the chemist working on the formula didn't understand the goal was to retard growth, not enhance it.

(thinking would be nice with a cartoon similiar to the far side daily desk calender's with the chemist in a lab coat, two diagrams showing bottom with growth and without, his boss pointing out diagrams, etc)

I think this would be the winner if you could pull off the Gary Larson imitation.

Irma's just gonna turn it into a beach house with a green roof in the USVIs.

Too soon?

Given the notorious light air and strong tides of the venue, Scot opts for optimizing to play the tides.

WL

Mixed a little fertilizer in my competitors antifouling paint….worked like a charm! 

Both the owner and the lift operator were fines $5000 for disturbing an environmental habitat to the detriment of the varied species thriving therein(on).

Boss ...  You want to come out to the travelift...We have "Jaws" lifted.. We're gonna need a bigger pressure washer!!!

"Yeah man, tacking is tough but, dude, it's like totally sustainable...you have to watch the goddamned otters, but if you really like mussels, you can stay out there forever.  Bring lots of garlic."

The merger of Scott's/ Miracle Grow and AkzoNobel/Interlux took a turn, decidedly, for the worse......

as this appears to be from Jayspers home town I'm sure he can get to the bottom of it

'I have my bottom cleaned every ten years whether it needs it or not."

Add Chilli powder they said... That stops everything they said......

On 10/22/2017 at 5:50 AM, Editor said:

FB_IMG_1508689031096.jpg

This week's caption contest is brought to you by Zhik! And the best three captions, as judged solely by the ed after a three-day gin bender, each get unspecified, but surely cool Zhik swag. Get going!

In 1983 the keel Curtain worked for the Australia II keeping the keel a surprise. I can't understand why it's not working for me.

Doug Lords new foiling AC monohull model, daughter of Wolf. The new

Protocol rules interpretations are as many foils as possible. This sucker

Will foil tack and jibe

Dalts looked at his design team's latest attempt at a foiling mono-hull and threw his toys out of the pram.  

Carl's new "foolproof way to smuggle weed from Jamaica" left a lot to be desired.

Exclusive stealth photos of the experimental bio-mass canting keel

with a bit of trim.....we could squeeze an extra couple of knots out of her!

On October 23, 2017 at 7:35 AM, Lark said:

Reynolds-Averaged Navier–Stokes computations are  not fully capable of considering both viscous and rotational effects of non laminar viscous flow on an efficient cruising hull in varied sea states.    I've developed my own model, "Random Unchecked Motion"  which shows that for classic Con Tiki style cruising non laminar enhanced turbulence is critical for maximum effective leeway and full utilization of available currents.   I chartered and specially outfitted test boat which recently completed a stealth cruise.   It conclusively proved my theories, and also showed the unexpected fringe benefit of sliding over Texas Reef without damage.   This allows the benefit of a robust semi custom Origami design to be realized in a flimsy fiberglass hull without expensive retrofitting.  The passive inertial dampening aspects of robust foliage growth also helps minimize seasickness.

You are, of course, Most Excellent.:lol:

Eagle Harbor Live Aboard-  

Just sayin'......

Wellington's* bearded hipsters stood, astonished, as they gazed upon a truly mighty beard of the sea

(*This photo is taken at the Evans Bay Yacht Club, in Wellington NZ)

Bob had meant to enter his 4ksb in the local regatta, not the World Beard Growing Championships; having filled in the wrong online form he was determined not to let the entry fee go to waste....

Some people buy a set of new sails to win a regatta. Others, like Terry, find a water-blaster to be just as effective.

after blowing his load in his pants over his latest phrf beer can conquest, the ed captured this shot of the 2nd place boat at the hoist...

The threat of divorce had curtailed the amount of time Bob could spend on his "project".

-How many tons does that sling lift? 

-No one knows, its an algae-bra!

Sorry, I couldn't kelp myself.

On 10/24/2017 at 2:57 PM, Matrero said:

with a bit of trim.....we could squeeze 4 knots out of this shit box...

It’ll buff out.....

Now that I convinced the phrf committee that my rating was off by 15 spm,  I guess it’s time to call the diver in before the phrf championship regatta.