Editor

caption contest

FB_IMG_1508689031096.jpg

This week's caption contest is brought to you by Zhik! And the best three captions, as judged solely by the ed after a three-day gin bender, each get unspecified, but surely cool Zhik swag. Get going!

• Like 1

After yet another thorough trouncing, the J-105 fleet demanded Harvey pull his boat so the bottom could be inspected for illegal modifications 

Hiding of underwater appandages is finally trickeling down from the America's Cup to local club racing... however, rule changes require to use organic materials by now.

DEA announced today that smugglers are getting increasingly innovate in their attempts to import weed......

Reynolds-Averaged Navier–Stokes computations are  not fully capable of considering both viscous and rotational effects of non laminar viscous flow on an efficient cruising hull in varied sea states.    I've developed my own model, "Random Unchecked Motion"  which shows that for classic Con Tiki style cruising non laminar enhanced turbulence is critical for maximum effective leeway and full utilization of available currents.   I chartered and specially outfitted test boat which recently completed a stealth cruise.   It conclusively proved my theories, and also showed the unexpected fringe benefit of sliding over Texas Reef without damage.   This allows the benefit of a robust semi custom Origami design to be realized in a flimsy fiberglass hull without expensive retrofitting.  The passive inertial dampening aspects of robust foliage growth also helps minimize seasickness.

"Carl's friends questioned whether he had actually read the section in his Melges 32 owner' s manual describing 'a fast racing bottom'." 

"BaltoPlate in the Chesapeake?  Sure.  It'll work just fine.  Just gotta remember to clean it every once in a while." 

8 minutes ago, Lex Teredo said:

"BaltoPlate in the Chesapeake?  Sure.  It'll work just fine.  Just gotta remember to clean it every once in a while." 

I quit buying the stuff when I realized I was diving just as often as if I had no paint at all :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Editor said:

FB_IMG_1508689031096.jpg

This week's caption contest is brought to you by Zhik! And the best three captions, as judged solely by the ed after a three-day gin bender, each get unspecified, but surely cool Zhik swag. Get going!

0 knot shitbox

"Radical new bottom-treatment discovery gives amazing race results in following current with no wind!!!"

Subtitle:  "DDWFTTW"

(Get yours now--and if you order right away, we'll give you a *second* treatment FREE, you pay just "shipping and handling"!  Operators standing by..)

C

Although the new antifoulant is 100% organic the chemist working on the formula didn't understand the goal was to retard growth, not enhance it.

(thinking would be nice with a cartoon similiar to the far side daily desk calender's with the chemist in a lab coat, two diagrams showing bottom with growth and without, his boss pointing out diagrams, etc)