Happy Jack

No I'm not back but this was too hilarious to pass on.

A short preamble to set the stage.  When the 1st generation Ridgeline hit the market a group of reviewers decided to drive one into Death Valley and traverse a washboard road deep into the desert. They ended up trashing the rear shocks. It was all over the truck review news and was the last straw if not the genesis of not a real truck. As we know , real trucks love the rough stuff.

So 2017 and the new Ridgeline enters the world. Only natural the same team of reviewers would want to repeat the test that garnered them so much attention the last time. 

They set out to make the same run. They were accompanied by a new Heavy Duty Titan and a top of the line  new Tacoma TRD (Toyota's heavy duty off road package). These two trucks were support vehicles only, for photography and safety. They were never intended to be part of the story. A broken Honda was the expected result. 

Now you can watch the videos. When I said hilarious I should qualify that it might not be if you are a titan or taco fan boy. 

part 2

• Downvote 3

Damn I love this place!

Back on the Honda payroll. I guess we have to wait for the Russians for him to be here daily....

Can you imagine looking out to your driveway every day and thinking, "I'll show those guys!"

13 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Damn I love this place!

That wasn't even a bad dirt road. I used to drive on far worse than that all the time in western NSW in a Datsun sedan.

Can you imagine how these turkeys would go on a trip out to Mt Isa and then up to Darwin? Or over to the Kimberleys?

Maybe Australia gets better suspension packs, I dunno, but that's really, really funny. Perhaps 'pathetic' is a better term though.

FKT

I like the part where the Ridgeline's transmission overheats (15:00) and has to be abandoned. 

Let me get this straight... you lurk hidden for months after being pantsed for being a lying turd and the thing that brings you out of hiding on a sailing website is the fucking Ridgeline?

Fuck that's sad.

7 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Let me get this straight... you lurk hidden for months after being pantsed for being a lying turd and the thing that brings you out of hiding on a sailing website is the fucking Ridgeline?

Fuck that's sad.

Wait for the F-35 thread.  Its gonna be great!

11 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Fuck that's sad.

375a3432-5fb9-4e29-b53e-1f2f83bffdd3_1.a

14 hours ago, Happy Jack said:

A short preamble to set the stage.  When the 1st generation Ridgeline hit the market a group of reviewers decided to drive one into Death Valley and traverse a washboard road deep into the desert. They ended up trashing the rear shocks. It was all over the truck review news and was the last straw if not the genesis of not a real truck. As we know , real trucks love the rough stuff.

So 2017 and the new Ridgeline enters the world. Only natural the same team of reviewers would want to repeat the test that garnered them so much attention the last time. 

They set out to make the same run. They were accompanied by a new Heavy Duty Titan and a top of the line  new Tacoma TRD (Toyota's heavy duty off road package). These two trucks were support vehicles only, for photography and safety. They were never intended to be part of the story. A broken Honda was the expected result. 

Now you can watch the videos. When I said hilarious I should qualify that it might not be if you are a titan or taco fan boy. 

So the ridge line had a performance capability almost as good as a 30 year old Buick Electra?   Start about 15 minutes for off road, 21 minutes for suspension,    Please note both of these can rooftop haul a Snark as well.   

Hell, I drove hundreds of miles of Saskatchewan corrugated gravel roads in a Chevelle SS. Of course, it was rented.

Many people are saying that the Ridgeline Trucklet is going to be replaced by the all-electric Honda Vomit.  Believe me.  

22730123_1470045503050942_94950697546950

On 10/24/2017 at 5:38 PM, bhyde said:

I like the part where the Ridgeline's transmission overheats (15:00) and has to be abandoned. 

Good video. That trail didn't look as rough as the ones that my son and I crawl on in our beat up Isuzu, but then they were all pickups, the wheelbase is too long and probably none of them could have handled a technical trail.

A friend with a Silverado has that dumb air dam thing on the front, if you just ignore it, it gradually gets worn down like a pair of too-long jeans that you burn up at the boots.

The problem with the Ridgewood is that transmission, it isn't a trail transmission, it's a beefed-up Acura transmission, of course it's going to overheat. It will probably overheat when towing heavy too.

I was looking at the Canyon today, I found a pretty good build, extended cab, 7k tow, 4x4, off road armor and suspension, $33k, I think that's a good deal.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Many people are saying that the Ridgeline Trucklet is going to be replaced by the all-electric Honda Vomit.  Believe me.  

22730123_1470045503050942_94950697546950

That's not the regular Vomit, that's the new intercooled Velocivomit.

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

Is it available in bile green?

6 hours ago, mikewof said:

Good video. That trail didn't look as rough as the ones that my son and I crawl on in our beat up Isuzu, but then they were all pickups, the wheelbase is too long and probably none of them could have handled a technical trail.

A friend with a Silverado has that dumb air dam thing on the front, if you just ignore it, it gradually gets worn down like a pair of too-long jeans that you burn up at the boots.

The problem with the Ridgewood is that transmission, it isn't a trail transmission, it's a beefed-up Acura transmission, of course it's going to overheat. It will probably overheat when towing heavy too.

I was looking at the Canyon today, I found a pretty good build, extended cab, 7k tow, 4x4, off road armor and suspension, $33k, I think that's a good deal.

What the hell is a "trail transmission"?

7 hours ago, mikewof said:

It looks like one of the characters/cars from the old Chevron commercials.  

yellow-car.png

2 hours ago, BigUnot said:

What the hell is a "trail transmission"?

Either a dirt-shit manual with a granny gear (best) or an automatic with a granny gear (good) or at least a way to lock in first gear in an automatic (it'll do in a pinch).

The Ridgewood has none of these, right Papa Smurf?

5 minutes ago, BigUnot said:

Granny gear? I'm sorry, I"m not up with your jargon.

Trail transmission and granny gear are what?

Think Grumpy gear.  They have those in Indonesia .

16 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Either a dirt-shit manual with a granny gear (best) or an automatic with a granny gear (good) or at least a way to lock in first gear in an automatic (it'll do in a pinch).

The Ridgewood has none of these, right Papa Smurf?

The Ridgelame will have a bitch of a time going down a mountain trail without a transfer case.  Even if you locked it into 1st, it wouldn't start engine speed limiting until around 10 MPH.  A bit fast if you want to control your descent.  Its brakes will overheat just like the tranny did on the way up.  That's no way to offroad.

17 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

Think Grumpy gear.  They have those in Indonesia .

My ride has diff locks and a third diff. :D

You won't understand that though

• Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, BigUnot said:

My ride has diff locks and a third diff. :D

You won't understand that though

And you wouldn't understand that's part of your drivetrain, not your transmission.

Ed and I live in Colorado. I need a trail-competent machine just to get down the mountain to buy bear masks for your Auntie Blue. Some places I go here aren't even accessible by Jeep, it's enduro or foot only.

I'm sure that your mall crawler is adorable and it once successfully navigated a muddy road.

Off topic sort of, but I just bought a new ride with a trail transmission AND drivetrain.  4runner limited.  Super sweet ride on a truck frame. Had it for a week and i think it is already my favorite car i have owned.

It has a button you can push when in L4L which lets you crawl up or down whatever at 3mph without touching brake or gas.  Have not used it yet. Drivetrain?

I did look at the Honda pilot (built on same frame as ridgeline?), but did not like it's limp wristed ways

I

36 minutes ago, BigUnot said:

You have no idea. You're clueless and pretending that you know.

What is a trail transmission?

If you have to ask ...

... then you belong in a Ridgewood.

2 hours ago, 2slow said:

Off topic sort of, but I just bought a new ride with a trail transmission AND drivetrain.  4runner limited.  Super sweet ride on a truck frame. Had it for a week and i think it is already my favorite car i have owned.

It has a button you can push when in L4L which lets you crawl up or down whatever at 3mph without touching brake or gas.  Have not used it yet. Drivetrain?

I did look at the Honda pilot (built on same frame as ridgeline?), but did not like it's limp wristed ways

I

I got my wife a Pilot. It's one of the greatest soccer mom vehicles ever made. Hell, stick a bed on it and you have the perfect vehicle to navigate the nightclubs of Indonesia. And that unibody frame is awesome for when you don't want the actual trail capabilities of a body-on-frame and transfer case like the 4Runner and other trail-capable machines.

13 hours ago, mikewof said:

I'd been looking around for the last month or so for a small truck with 4X4 to replace my 2003 2X4 Silverado (great truck, 200K+ miles). Tacoma's were pretty pricey, the Frontier had an interior from 2004 (literally), and the Ridgeline was Happy Jack's choice (immediately disqualified). Ended up buying a used (8K miles) 2016 Colorado Z71 with larger rims/tires and some offroad bits (light lift/offset). Comfy and offroad capable without being too 'hillbilly.' Last drive to Tahoe, about 340 miles round trip, we averaged 25mpg. Not bad.

3 minutes ago, bhyde said:

Last drive to Tahoe, about 340 miles round trip, we averaged 25mpg. Not bad.

They did a great job with that truck, and I'm amazed at all of the ones I see crawling around the trails here. My Dakota is about the same size but only tows 4k lbs., and gets about 14 mpg.

Did you get the extended cab? I noticed that the wheelbase on the extended cab and the crew cab shortbox are the same.

11 minutes ago, mikewof said:

They did a great job with that truck, and I'm amazed at all of the ones I see crawling around the trails here. My Dakota is about the same size but only tows 4k lbs., and gets about 14 mpg.

Did you get the extended cab? I noticed that the wheelbase on the extended cab and the crew cab shortbox are the same.

Went with the crew cab. For our little trips we needed a true 4 passenger vehicle. You could go 5 if you had to.

Kind of a shame Ford and Dodge got out of the small truck business. The only two real choices left are the Taco or the Colorado/Canyon twins.  I don't think you can go wrong with either.

If you all want to see a truck I can dig up a picture of one for you, and if you need yours taken anywhere, mine can probably tote it for you.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bhyde said:

Went with the crew cab. For our little trips we needed a true 4 passenger vehicle. You could go 5 if you had to.

Kind of a shame Ford and Dodge got out of the small truck business. The only two real choices left are the Taco or the Colorado/Canyon twins.  I don't think you can go wrong with either.

The Toyota is showing it's age. The new Ranger should be nice, they are selling like hotcakes in South America.

3 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

The Toyota is showing it's age. The new Ranger should be nice, they are selling like hotcakes in South America.

The other thing the rest of the world has that we don't, is the Nissan Navara (aka Frontier 2.0). I think if Nissan brings this updated version to the US market, they'd do well. Then again, there is probably a good reason they haven't (sales/profit/Trump). Good looking and a modern, updated interior.

873690bx-F77-001B_MY16_NAVARA_DC_KL0_192

maxresdefault.jpg

7 hours ago, mikewof said:

And you wouldn't understand that's part of your drivetrain, not your transmission.

Ed and I live in Colorado. I need a trail-competent machine just to get down the mountain to buy bear masks for your Auntie Blue. Some places I go here aren't even accessible by Jeep, it's enduro or foot only.

I'm sure that your mall crawler is adorable and it once successfully navigated a muddy road.

Oh for shit sakes Mikie, Yoou live in golden and drive a fricking glorified minivan, U haven't been on anything closer to a trail in the last 20 years than Trail Ridge Road on a bright August day.  Quit it!!!

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

If you all want to see a truck I can dig up a picture of one for you, and if you need yours taken anywhere, mine can probably tote it for you.  

6 litre diesel from pre emmission rules times. That's just great Sol, do you put out some black smoke in that thing?

• Downvote 1

Just now, BigUnot said:

6 litre diesel from pre emmission rules times. That's just great Sol, do you put out some black smoke in that thing?

You sound Grumpy.  

8 hours ago, mikewof said:
9 hours ago, BigUnot said:

You have no idea. You're clueless and pretending that you know.

What is a trail transmission?

If you have to ask ...

... then you belong in a Ridgewood.

C'mon Mikey, you can tell us. What is a "trail transmission"?

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, shaggy said:

Oh for shit sakes Mikie, Yoou live in golden and drive a fricking glorified minivan, U haven't been on anything closer to a trail in the last 20 years than Trail Ridge Road on a bright August day.  Quit it!!!

I accidentally drove trail ridge road, I had no choice, it was too long to go around and I was driving to Hayden. $20-something to drive over that congested tourist trap and my son slept through it anyway.

As for my glorified minivan, yeah, but all 4 wheeled vehicles are glorified minivans. You could be less of a transplant Chicago prick and take that shitty minivan of your's and crawl something fun with me in my shitty minivan, like Routt Forest or even the Switzerland Trail, it's right in our backyard. My son and I dig it and the snow is coming soon. PM me and hook up, ya shitbird.

36 minutes ago, BigUnot said:

C'mon Mikey, you can tell us. What is a "trail transmission"?

You demented shit-for-brains, bear-head-wearing, piss-water-pickled, old coot ... I already told you, you aluminum-injected waste of life.

Just scroll up and read, dipshit.

Anyway, now that you outed yourself, how long before you find a new nom de plume, you soured ancient raisin, you?

Is it just me or is Woff the smartest, best-looking, and ... well ... just the most interesting man in the world?

15 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Is it just me or is Woff the smartest, best-looking, and ... well ... just the most interesting man in the world?

, my old (87) Toyota has manual hubs, and transfer case. 

in low, 2500~2800 rpm (torque sweet spot) speed is lower than a walking speed,  and has been getting me anyplace I care to go.

? are any manufacturers offering old school stuff ?

1 hour ago, Mike in Seattle said:

, my old (87) Toyota has manual hubs, and transfer case. 

in low, 2500~2800 rpm (torque sweet spot) speed is lower than a walking speed,  and has been getting me anyplace I care to go.

? are any manufacturers offering old school stuff ?

They're going gradually extinct, the manual transmission is getting harder to get, new buyers often don't want this manual option because they're afraid it will kill their resale value.

I'm with you on this, controlling that transmission off road gives me a lot of confidence over trusting some kind of algorithm and computer controlled limited slip differential hill holding gizmo. You read the specs on some of these new off-roaders and honestly, it reads like they built the thing for 99% on road.

And okay, we want all of that stuff for safety on the road, but even when you can turn it off when you're in the dirt, it still isn't the same as having a competent off road machine. A friend tells me that his brand new Jeep Grand Cherokee seems to have had a mind of its own when he was sliding backwards on some ice, he had no steering input until some kind of stability algorithm kicked in.

Maybe one of the best off road machines ever made was the Suzuki Samurai (I've never driven one, but I've heard the legends) and we've been on a gradual slide into off-road poseur-ism since then, with manufacturers wanting to sell us multi-ton computer controlled monsters for $40k.

When you get the urge to get rid of your old Toyota, go test drive a new off-roader first. Then, assuming you can take the blue pull to disconnect yourself from the matrix that runs those behemoths, you might keep the old school machine.

2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

Man, I dig that typeface, it almost makes your sentiment seem sincere.

You want something to send you into a real rabbit hole, look into this ... what is the second fastest land animal in the world? Once you read a little about that, if your brain doesn't exfuckingplode, then you're doing it wrong.

8 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Man, I dig that typeface, it almost makes your sentiment seem sincere.

You want something to send you into a real rabbit hole, look into this ... what is the second fastest land animal in the world? Once you read a little about that, if your brain doesn't exfuckingplode, then you're doing it wrong.

Just tell us what it is Mikey.

In the vid with the GMC, it lost because of the low dam in front. That's a mileage thing. They should have removed it before going off road and the truck would likely have been fine.

In the Prairie Schooner, if I go into 4L and lock it then I can go anywhere that doesn't have deep mud. Fat fucker loves to sink. The cool thing is though, if I set it into 4L locked, the gas pedal response deadens to offset the torque multiplier. Good for crawling around.

But that's relative. Pickups are not great off road vehicles. Light weight and a short wheelbase is good for off road. Pickups can do it but they are a compromise. They CAN haul a lot and the convenience factor of a bed is awesome. I'll always have a pickup.

Humans are the fastest animal. Nothing else comes close. Almost 25,000 mph.

2nd fastest means you lost. Losing by 24,800 mph means it doesn't even count.

I had the 1987 big block Samurai, all 1.3l of ball-busting power on the stiffest springs imaginable. On the freeway, top up ... 65ish with a tailwind. In the sand, though, it was the bomb. I didn't even need to airdown. The Sam's best day was pulling a Wrangler out of a St. Augustine beach bog. Samurais had a bad rap for rolling. I've seen video of one rolling over but believe me, they were trying to roll it over and succeeded. Great fun wheels. One of the few vehicles I made money on.

50 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

Humans are the fastest animal. Nothing else comes close. Almost 25,000 mph.

2nd fastest means you lost. Losing by 24,800 mph means it doesn't even count.

Tell that to that Lion approaching at 40 or 50 MPH. ;)

35 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Tell that to that Lion approaching at 40 or 50 MPH. ;)

Good point but...

20,000 lions. 7 billion people. Sorry lions, you're not fast enough.

4 hours ago, austin1972 said:

In the vid with the GMC, it lost because of the low dam in front. That's a mileage thing. They should have removed it before going off road and the truck would likely have been fine.

In the Prairie Schooner, if I go into 4L and lock it then I can go anywhere that doesn't have deep mud. Fat fucker loves to sink. The cool thing is though, if I set it into 4L locked, the gas pedal response deadens to offset the torque multiplier. Good for crawling around.

But that's relative. Pickups are not great off road vehicles. Light weight and a short wheelbase is good for off road. Pickups can do it but they are a compromise. They CAN haul a lot and the convenience factor of a bed is awesome. I'll always have a pickup.

Yeah, and the best part of a pickup is that you have a tiny bit of real estate, a tiny backyard, or a tiny farm, or a little boneyard, or backyard, and it follows you around wherever you go.

As for lightweight, short wheelbase 4WDs, I agree with you, and yet, even the lightest, most nimble SUV isn't a great off-road machine either, compared with the machines that have two wheels, a swingarm, a screaming 2 stroke and some knobbies.

4 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

I had the 1987 big block Samurai, all 1.3l of ball-busting power on the stiffest springs imaginable. On the freeway, top up ... 65ish with a tailwind. In the sand, though, it was the bomb. I didn't even need to airdown. The Sam's best day was pulling a Wrangler out of a St. Augustine beach bog. Samurais had a bad rap for rolling. I've seen video of one rolling over but believe me, they were trying to roll it over and succeeded. Great fun wheels. One of the few vehicles I made money on.

That 1.3 ran like a raped ape. Do you regret selling it? Best off-road ute ever made, that one.

3 hours ago, austin1972 said:

Good point but...

20,000 lions. 7 billion people. Sorry lions, you're not fast enough.

Yeah, you skipped ahead a little. Lions are apex predators, but humans are super predators, because we kill predators that we perceive as a threat to our prey.

The second fastest land animal in a sprint is our own North American Pronghorn, and it's actually the fastest land animal in a longer distance. But that's what's weird ... it has all this advanced speed weaponry in it; special toes, enlarged nostrils, enlarged chest, hind legs like leaf springs, and yet, bizarrely, there is no predator in North America that has anywhere close to the speed of a Pronghorn prey. (The old High Plains ranchers when I was a kid called them "Speed Goats.")

We have wolves, coyotes, mountain lions, and none of them are even in the same league as a Pronghorn, unless it's sick or foaling. So what the fuck Speed Goats? Why did evolution give you all that speed?

This animal looks like it just escaped an African Safari park. It looks unlike the animals indigenous to Colorado, Wyoming, Utah and New Mexico.

42018-004-16DDA0C4.jpg

18 minutes ago, mikewof said:

That 1.3 ran like a raped ape. Do you regret selling it? Best off-road ute ever made, that one.

I do regret it now and then. Sold it to a bud. I likely have visitation rights.

5 hours ago, mikewof said:

When you get the urge to get rid of your old Toyota, go test drive a new off-roader first. Then, assuming you can take the blue pull to disconnect yourself from the matrix that runs those behemoths, you might keep the old school machine.

I can't see people taking  $60k rigs  up in these (local) places and getting the PNW pinstrips.

Some places are width restricted , and Hummers can't even go in. 

My wheel base is a bit longer with the extracab, listed weight is 3k lbs 

the 6 foot bed w/ canopy lets me sleep fine, but I'm short, a taller guy would be cramped.

, & guys still call Pronghorn "speed goats"

On 10/28/2017 at 10:53 PM, mikewof said:

Beg your pardon there but the Mitsubishi Pajero 2 door will do everything the Suzuki can do and more, and it is far better built.

Just now, soak_ed said:

Beg your pardon there but the Mitsubishi Pajero 2 door will do everything the Suzuki can do and more, and it is far better built.

I've seen the Pajero name on a lot of winning rallies, but we don't have that vehicle here. I think they're similar to the Monteros?

I've heard we have a 2 door Montero here, but I've never seen one. The old 4 door Monteros were ladder frame, before they switched to the cursed unibody. Very similar to my Isuzu, the solid axles and, gear-driven transfer case and the fully-boxed frame. But they are too heavy to go fully technical.

I assume the 2-door Mitsubishi is similar to the Isuzu Vehicross or Rodeo Sport, lighter than the 4 door versions. Those are terrific rides.

But the thing about the Samurai, it was a legend because there was probably someone off their meds at Suzuki when they let that thing out the door, it's like a horse jockey on meth. It weighs about half as much as the Isuzu or Mitsubishi, basically a glorified dune buggy and some maniac decided that it needed a body-on-frame with a 1.3 liter and locking differentials, with basically nonexistent overhangs and an incredibly short wheelbase with probably the best clearance-to-wheelbase ratio there is.

You start out at about 2k lbs on a Suzuki, then add on your armor, extra tanks, engine lungs, suspension and wheel upgrades, and you're still only around 2600 lbs. The Rubicon starts at 4,500 lbs, and then ends somewhere north of 5k lbs once you've equipped it a bit. And even then, you have to load down the Jeep with gallons of fuel because you're only going to see 10 mpg or so on the trail. The Samurai has twice the range, bring less fuel.

I agree that the Samurai isn't a good rally vehicle like the Pajero, but that little bastard is pure magic in the dirt and mud. 

On 10/24/2017 at 3:08 AM, Happy Jack said:

part 2

Jack, I just watched these vids, they're great promotion for Honda, but only for an audience who has no plans to actually off-road their truck.

That they lost a shock on the Honda and four more on the other support vehicles should make you say "huh"? I can go out for long trips all off road and never lose even one shock. That they all failed on the same washboard road suggests they deliberately set up a fail test that would be harder on solid axles than Honda's suspension. If you have a solid axle truck, and you're on a washboard road, you would normally slow down from regular highway speeds to avoid breaking anything. Those guys were probably trying to break those trucks. And neither the Toyota nor the Nissan were apparently set up for that kind of Baja-style run. The Ridgeline happened to do well on a washboard because it's essentially a car, and a car suspension is designed to soak that up without sending much force into the unibody.

Reminds me of the video with some yahoo smashing his brand new Raptor to shit because he drove it like a rock blaster rather than a Baja runner. He jumped some hill and broke that Raptor's frame. Yet he could have jumped that hill easy on a sand rail, probably with no damage, the Raptor was never built for that. But the Raptor would have eaten that washboard road in your video without even a burp, they've optimized the suspension to handle hot running and lots of vibration over small bumps. The stock TRD is more set up for moderate rock-crawling and technical roads, never much faster than about 20 mph or so, with the real rough stuff at around 5 mph or less. Shocks get a chance to cool when they're not vibrating like a beer-hall Wurlitzer.

• Downvote 1

Yes, well I've done a lot of driving on corrugated gravel roads, in heavily laden cars, and I have never ever even heard of someone having a shock absorber fail.

3 hours ago, Battlecheese said:

Yes, well I've done a lot of driving on corrugated gravel roads, in heavily laden cars, and I have never ever even heard of someone having a shock absorber fail.

Yeah, I've not seen one fail as badly as shown in the vid. I've put my gear into far more severe conditions than shown here. Body cracks are more likely.

Seems the seppos need to get hold of some Aussie technology in off road suspension.

6 minutes ago, BigUnot said:

Yeah, I've not seen one fail as badly as shown in the vid. I've put my gear into far more severe conditions than shown here. Body cracks are more likely.

Seems the seppos need to get hold of some Aussie technology in off road suspension.

You mean like that designed by GMH?

50 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:
57 minutes ago, BigUnot said:

You mean like that designed by GMH?

You're ignorant in this discussion Mel. You don't know your ass from your elbow.

GMH mad a spec, Monroe Wylie made the shocks.

OME, TJM and Ironman are all world renowned Australian off road suspension suppliers.

1 minute ago, BigUnot said:

You're ignorant in this discussion Mel. You don't know your ass from your elbow.

GMH mad a spec, Monroe Wylie made the shocks.

OME, TJM and Ironman are all world renowned Australian off road suspension suppliers.

Spec..Design..meh..no need to get mad about it:rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Spec..Design..meh..no need to get mad about it:rolleyes:

So, you admit you know fuck all then? You interjected in a thread with pure ignorance trying to slag me but fell flat on your face.

I'm not mad, I'm laughing at you.

doesn't take much to amuse a fool then does it..Meli made a mistake!! she said design instead of spec!!! hahahahahah :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

doesn't take much to amuse a fool then does it..Meli made a mistake!! she said design instead of spec!!! hahahahahah :rolleyes:

You've made yourself look the fool Mel. You're clueless. Just shut up about shit you don't know.

You interjected with GMH shockers to be clever. Now you can eat shit because that was stupid. :mellow:

4 hours ago, BigUnot said:

Seems the seppos need to get hold of some Aussie technology in off road suspension

3 hours ago, BigUnot said:

Suspension is where I'm interested  

,rear (30 yr old) leafs are sagged to ~ 2" to bumpstops   w/ no load.

also plan on winch bumper which is going to hang ~250 lb @ very front.

, so front end will prolly get new torsion bars (I  still have a shitload to learn in that area)

, and maybe  long travel for the IFS

I am seeing Old Man Emu when surfing suspension stuff, some available here.

? who is  TJM,   linky?

meli, shut up, get back in the kitchen, and make sammiches.

5 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

, so front end will prolly get new torsion bars (I  still have a shitload to learn in that area)

? who is  TJM,   linky?

spam or raw prawn? :P

22 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

? who is  TJM,   linky?

Hit me up. Where old mates

Tell me the ride and I'll send you a suspension, happy to faciliitate

Old man emu do good gear. TJM is top dollar. ARB a bit cheaper but no fashion sense. Ironman, serious stuff and best price (export).

IMO.

TJM has a US site http://www.tjmusa.com/en

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, mikewof said:

Yeah, you skipped ahead a little. Lions are apex predators, but humans are super predators, because we kill predators that we perceive as a threat to our prey.

The second fastest land animal in a sprint is our own North American Pronghorn, and it's actually the fastest land animal in a longer distance. But that's what's weird ... it has all this advanced speed weaponry in it; special toes, enlarged nostrils, enlarged chest, hind legs like leaf springs, and yet, bizarrely, there is no predator in North America that has anywhere close to the speed of a Pronghorn prey. (The old High Plains ranchers when I was a kid called them "Speed Goats.")

We have wolves, coyotes, mountain lions, and none of them are even in the same league as a Pronghorn, unless it's sick or foaling. So what the fuck Speed Goats? Why did evolution give you all that speed?

This animal looks like it just escaped an African Safari park. It looks unlike the animals indigenous to Colorado, Wyoming, Utah and New Mexico.

42018-004-16DDA0C4.jpg

, for you,  Mike.

Colville  Tribe just released ~ 100 Pronghorns  on their rez.

http://nwsportsmanmag.com/headlines/nearly-100-pronghorn-released-north-central-washington-reservation/

Happy,

For your edification, I took a snip of what 80%+ of my driving is. I know a Ram can't compare to a Ridgeline but it's been doing washboards and potholes since 2006. I go fast to smooth things out.

The only broken part is my front bumper from a big ass snowdrift.

It gets used, well, like a truck.

3 hours ago, austin1972 said:

Happy,

For your edification, I took a snip of what 80%+ of my driving is. I know a Ram can't compare to a Ridgeline but it's been doing washboards and potholes since 2006. I go fast to smooth things out.

The only broken part is my front bumper from a big ass snowdrift.

It gets used, well, like a truck.

Looks pretty tame to me. The Colorado could handle that, no problem...

Yeah Greeves, you'd have no trouble. I do get rocks stuck in the brakes. Oh no! Turn the wheel.

You can see when I slow down for the stop, it gets bumpy.

Your truck would be fine. I might roll up there and steal your truck one day.

I used to drive roads like that in a Ford Cortina. I have no idea how it survived. One day a friend and I were out photographing abandoned churches in the empty spaces in Saskatchewan, and it started to snow. We packed up our gear and started back, but the snow turned into a full blizzard and we were just guessing where the grid road was, going way too fast for the conditions because if we stopped we were dead. We finally got back into town and when I opened the hood I found that the snow had saved us. The gravel we picked up had been fired through the radiator by the fan, which was now reduced to a stub on the shaft. No cooling water or antifreeze, the snow packed around the engine up to the underside of the hood kept the engine cool enough to run. I kept that car for a couple more years, it needed a tuneup every month in winter but it was a brick.