• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Rackham LR

Bull 7000 - Help

Hi everybody

I own a Bull 7000 for a few months, and am interested in documentation and tips on this boat.

The website search engine provides limited results, and is not efficient on archived topics. Whereas I’ve identified a couple of old topics with Bull 7000 in the title, I’ve not read each and every post of the other topics...

The Class Association website is closed for a long time, and I’ve only found the Bullit blog  http://bluebullitt.blogspot.fr/ in Swedish with some English documents.

As I’m trying to set up a (limited) French website (www.bull7000.fr) and associated blog (blog.bull7000.fr) to consolidate information, I would be interested with any review, data and link to forum topics related to the boat.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks Geo

I know the Bullit website where there are some documents, however no UK sailing tests, and had a look on the Greg Young website, which is quite limited when it comes to the Bull 7000

However I did not think to ask Greg Youg directly ... Obvious ans easy solution that I should have considered before... Thanks to have raised it.

I've tried to ask Greg for manuals one year ago.  While he was very responsive discussing weak keel plates issue, he doesn't send me any documents.  Maybe he lost it like most Bull 7000 owners, or just was too busy for me.

I used to own a Bull, I did have a lot of info at the time, I will check my files and let you know what I can find but it wont be for a few weeks as I am travelling.

Cheers

Bull on a plane.jpg

On 3/10/2018 at 4:24 AM, soliverg said:

Some pics of Excitabull in Western Australia

SW Day 2 (22).JPG

SW Day 2 (69).JPG

Hey Solvi,

Can I ask where those pictures were taken?   It doesnt look like Perth (but what do I know?).   From the trees, I wondered if it was Walpole....but where would you launch a keel boat in Walpole, I thought Regatta of the Trees was dinghies.

We were in Australia for the first time in February for the Viper 640 Worlds in Perth.  After the regatta we toured WA for a while. Jackie has fallen in love with WA and wants us to move there or at least spend winters there.  She even liked the local population. I wouldnt go that far but I would agree that the sailing is pretty spectacular. 

Hi Mambo, you are correct, the first picture was at the "Rumble in the Reach", a sports boat invitational event at East Fremantle yacht club in Janyary. This year they had 21 sports boats racing in about an 800m course using a handicap start.  Gets quite busy, and is a fantastic event. The other pictures was at the Walpole Regatta. We put the boat in at the town jetty and motor around to the course. There's plenty of water there in the inlet.  We simply put a temporary mooring down for the weekend, saves pulling the keel up each day. No we can't use the club boat ramp, not enough water, we need 500mm to get it off the trailer. Wont try that caper again. The Walpole regatta also has a fleet for old gaffers and trailer sailors. (no spinnakers though, for safety,), but its a lot of fun, great company and the organisers do a great job, and it has the support of the whole community.  Albany also started its Easter regatta again this year so hopefully we can get a travelling  thing going.

Great to hear you liked Western Australia, there's plenty of great sailing areas all along the coast. Like everywhere we need more people to get into the sport.  

Attached is a link to a drone video of the Walpole race I. We start at about 10.15 into it.

'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RXGerHsNMs&feature=youtu.be

cheers

Geoff

Yup  I heard all about the Rumble in the Reach.  It sounds like a crazy race in a crazy place with great spectating.

I understand there were some "close calls"

k5rs3645-fzy_orig.jpg.0155aa718a39b6a43aecaa5369b2efc9.jpg

and that Jerwood won. http://www.viper640.org/announcement/rumble-in-the-reach-2018/  

A month later he went on to win the Viper 640 World Championships     http://www.viper640.org/announcement/nick-jerwood-matt-jerwood-and-matt-de-vries-crowned-viper-640-2018-world-champions/  

Beating yours truly.    Anyway we really had a great time meeting all of you WA sailors and hanging out in Perth .Just an incredibly hospitable group of people.  We cant say enough good things about our time there.  

So after the racing was over, we postponed our return flight, grabbed a road map and took off for 2 1/2 weeks.  One of our stops was to see Valley of the Giants Tree top walk. We pulled into this sleepy town called Walpole at 9pm (well after last restaurant closed) grabbed a motel room and woke up to find a town full of sailors because it turns out we had coincided with Regatta of the Trees (which I had never heard of before).  So we went out for a drive/walk around the point/knoll and got some great views of the sailing. Which was why I thought I recognized it.        And the Valley of the Giants was pretty bloody spectacular as well.

We swung by Princess Royal sailing club in Albany the next day and after getting virtually knocked down by a gust just getting out of the car I could see why folks like Murray Howson are so damn good in heavy wind sailing.

Fun trip.....one of a lifetime.  If anyone has not raced sail boats in WA then you should go because you only live once.

Ha Ha, Its a small world. I was the short little fat man going bald that you spoke to in the lower car park at Princess Royal Sailing Club in Albany.

And yes they breed them tough down here, you should see our Opti juniors go. In T shirt and shorts.  Nest stop is Antarctica.

cheers

Geoff

ASBA WA Championship Startline 03_03_12.JPG

Just now, soliverg said:

Ha Ha, Its a small world. I was the short little fat man going bald that you spoke to in the lower car park at Princess Royal Sailing Club in Albany.

And yes they breed them tough down here, you should see our Opti juniors go. In T shirt and shorts.  Next stop is Antarctica.

cheers

Geoff

ASBA WA Championship Startline 03_03_12.JPG

On 4/15/2018 at 10:48 PM, soliverg said:

Good Grief......you are kidding. That was you!  I was there for all of ten minutes.....at the other end of the world from where I live.....and really Albany is fucking remote. I had no idea you were a sport boat sailor,  we should have grabbed a beer. What are the chances?

We nearly didn't go to Albany at all. It was not on the itinerary. We were driving from Margaret River via Walpole to the Sterling Range. But then I said to Jackie....I aint going to be this close again for a while, do you mind if we do a diversion , I would just like to take a picture of myself at the remotest Viper fleet in the world.  She is such a sport and said yes. (But you would have noticed that she didnt get out of the car at the lower lot....too cold and windy).

As I looked around at the howling wind whipping the waves off water which was coming directly from Antarctica, I saw two guys standing by the boats on the hard (in the otherwise deserted club) and I asked them "What in heck do people do for a living down here?"   That was you!  I think you also gave me some driving directions to the Sterling range and warned me about the grain trucks and the road.   Good advice by the way.  The diversion cost us time and we arrived as it got dark.   A warning about the kangaroos might have been useful as well.....they sprung an ambush which we only just avoided!

Hi Mambo, just may be one day we will catch up again to have that drink.  Hope you enjoyed your drive around the southwest. The north of the state is just as spectacular, just a lot further between sites.  I use to work up north and would drive 18 hours straight to get to Perth. Its a big place.

Glad you didn't bump Skippy (kangaroo), they really are stupid things, and very unpredictable.

Keep sailing

Geoff