psycho tiller

Two sailors and dogs rescued after 5 months

9 minutes ago, weightless said:

Why not the last paragraph? It seems like a plausible theory to me.

It's plausible, but not fun.

3 hours ago, bower bird said:

I feel sorry for the girls.  They have been through a difficult adventure. After the CNN interview it is clear that they need some time

to mellow out. I think the fishing boat captain has been slandered. I don't think we should slander the girls relationship with each other.

They need professional help who can guide them through their traumatic memories and help them separate facts from bad dreams and paranoid delusions.

If we want to donate money to help them can we send it to you?

• Like 1

I've heard that if you play the Benny Hill theme song backwards it exactly syncs up with the first interview.

• Like 1

Swabs don't have something better to do, like some chicksas? I'm finished!

4 hours ago, bower bird said:

I feel sorry for the girls.  They have been through a difficult adventure. After the CNN interview it is clear that they need some time

to mellow out. I think the fishing boat captain has been slandered. I don't think we should slander the girls relationship with each other.

They need professional help who can guide them through their traumatic memories and help them separate facts from bad dreams and paranoid delusions.

Poof! Not that, just as odd, means me "gone!"

2 hours ago, Peanut Butter said:

Very cool!

Why, dimmers planning a "deep dive?" Get out the water, dimmy!

43 minutes ago, Minnesail said:

I've heard that if you play the Benny Hill theme song backwards it exactly syncs up with the first interview.

this

5 hours ago, Minnesail said:

I also think this is possible.

All her answers sound like bullshit you'd make up to fool someone who didn't know any better.

"Why don't we motor?"
"It's broken."

"Why can't we sail?"
"The spreader/forestay/halyard/mast (take your pick) is damaged."

"Can't we go to that island?"
"No, the harbor is too shallow."
"But other boats go there."
"I extended the keel, it's too shallow for us."

"Can't we use the distress beacon"
"It only works if there are airplanes overhead."

"Can't we hail that boat?"
"They're not obligated to help unless they're closer than 5 miles."

This version of events, at least, would make a good movie. Get Charlize Theron to play Appel, Winona Ryder to play Fuiava, and Warwick Davis in costume as both dogs.

However I think it's most likely that someone with a severe psychological disorder set sail with a clueless simpleton, they were unable to do much of anything, and finally someone found them. But that's a boring movie.

That's what I've been thinking.  I mentioned many pages ago in this thread that Tasha may have been an unwitting prisoner.  But the incompetent theory was simpler.  Now that we see all these excuses coming out, the prisoner theory is becoming the more simple explanation .  Unfortunately, this makes for a very dark tale.

1 hour ago, Peanut Butter said:

I’m going to watch ‘All Is Lost’ now...

1 hour ago, Peanut Butter said:

That scene where he gets knocked down - for anyone who’s been that situation before - shivers.

Only problem is the rain is way too light...

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Did they have a safe word?  Any guesses?

Hobo camp

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

If we want to donate money to help them can we send it to you?

I’ll throw in for a fresh carton of D batteries. You just can’t have enough on a boat.  

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Did they have a safe word?  Any guesses?

Rosebud. 

I'll give thumbs up to these gals or remus for rolling rail to rail for that much time. I certainly wouldn't wallow when I knew there was a way to stop it.

What a nightmare.

3 hours ago, cje said:

I'll give thumbs up to these gals or remus for rolling rail to rail for that much time. I certainly wouldn't wallow when I knew there was a way to stop it.

What a nightmare.

I’m guessing they didn’t spend a whole lot of time rolling. 

Im guessing they pulled in somewhere and hung out on the beach for awhile.

8 hours ago, Peanut Butter said:

It is a survival movie. So I just gave you a likey in the event you hang yourself partway through. I'm not sure how much it will increase the value of your estate though.

38 minutes ago, Peanut Butter said:

I’m guessing they didn’t spend a whole lot of time rolling. 

Im guessing they pulled in somewhere and hung out on the beach for awhile.

From the look in her eyes I'd say she's been rollin the whole time.. when her mate asked about food she said don't worry I packed a whole years worth of Beans

On 11/2/2017 at 6:28 PM, Brewvy said:

Her boat is already for sale to a lucky buyer looking to live the drifting dream, I wonder if it can be delivered to Saipan?https://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/boa/d/50-foot-sailboat/6370727567.html

wow!

Selling a perfectly functional 50 foot sailboat that I made myself. Everything works. Just got back from bobbing around for 5 months and needs to be cleaned of algae and shark skin oils but that's all. Engine has less than 12 hours on I‎t and ran like a top the last time I‎t was shut off. This is a roomy boat and you will feel so comfortable that you won't want to ever come back to the harbor. I'll throw in a New in box EPIRB still charged and in warranty. Sails are in great shape due to me keeping them covered when at sea. Willing to deliver eventually. Book and or movie coming soon

somehow I think she is telling the truth. 

The boat is fully functional and the EPIRB is still charged.

Well, maybe the shark oil and movie parts are wishful thinking...

I wonder if they had a threesome out there and something happened.

Would explain her gal pal not saying a word while the bs artist keeping piling it on.

47 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:
8 hours ago, Peanut Butter said:

It is a survival movie. So I just gave you a likey in the event you hang yourself partway through. I'm not sure how much it will increase the value of your estate though.

Really only one way to watch "All is Lost".

http://sailevenstar.com/the-all-is-lost-drinking-game/

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, Foreverslow said:

wow!

Selling a perfectly functional 50 foot sailboat that I made myself. Everything works. Just got back from bobbing around for 5 months and needs to be cleaned of algae and shark skin oils but that's all. Engine has less than 12 hours on I‎t and ran like a top the last time I‎t was shut off. This is a roomy boat and you will feel so comfortable that you won't want to ever come back to the harbor. I'll throw in a New in box EPIRB still charged and in warranty. Sails are in great shape due to me keeping them covered when at sea. Willing to deliver eventually. Book and or movie coming soon

somehow I think she is telling the truth. 

The boat is fully functional and the EPIRB is still charged.

Well, maybe the shark oil and movie parts are wishful thinking...

I wonder if they had a threesome out there and something happened.

Would explain her gal pal not saying a word while the bs artist keeping piling it on.

That ad is a fake.

30 minutes ago, savoir said:

That ad is a fake.

ahhh shit, I am getting pulled into her alternative reality.

Scotty, Get me the fuck outta here.  Beam me up NOW!

Well, it's November 4th and there's been no major news outlets covering this since Nov. 1st.   I suspect the voyage of the "SEA NYMPH" has been thrown into the dustbin of the Rimas, Stowe, Hotrod types losers who braved the sea,  and survived by the grace of God.  Not worthy of  media coverage now.

Personally, I'm enthralled by their story.  Two dykes plan a hop to Tahiti from Hawaii with a return to Hawaii in October on an apparently nice boat and end up near Japan abandoning their boat after five months  and spewing massive bullshit about their voyage.  What the hell happened, and what are their backgrounds?

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Thanks for the likey.

Seen it a number of times already. Every time I come to think of it differently. Although the knockdown scene still gives me the shakes. Been there, done that.

The value of my estate isn’t enough to cover the costs of burial, so shine that...

2 hours ago, captpiratedog said:

From the look in her eyes I'd say she's been rollin the whole time.. when her mate asked about food she said don't worry I packed a whole years worth of Beans

And fish pie. 

3 hours ago, savoir said:

That ad is a fake.

Reply contact info:

contact name:

Uncle buck

• call call or text text:

☎ (218) 330-8004

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jammer Six said:

The thing I learned from All Is Lost is how important it is, once you've spotted a class eleven hurricane bearing down on you, to immediately go below and shave.

That's one of the things I never would have thought of.

I thought you are supposed to put on your brown pants?  As opposed to when being attacked by pirates, you put on your red shirt??????

1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

I thought you are supposed to put on your brown pants?  As opposed to when being attacked by pirates, you put on your red shirt??????

Waitte.  What?  I thouht rulle wase tacko effe panttes and mingelle.  Licke Teddey.                               :)

1 minute ago, Snaggletooth said:

Waitte.  What?  I thouht rulle wase tacko effe panttes and mingelle.  Licke Teddey.                               :)

The first mate said, "Captain there are four pirate ships approaching from the north, what shall we do?"

Captain: "First Mate, bring my my red shirt!"

Mate: " But why Captain?"

Capt: "So if I am wounded, our soldiers will not see my blood and will fight on!!!"

Next Day...:  Firrt Mate: "Captain, there are 2 dozen pirate ships approaching from the west, what shall we do?"

Capt: "First Mate, bring me my brown pants!!!!!!!"

1 hour ago, BillDBastard said:

I dunno Snaggapopolous, seems to me whatever these tewe lassies were up to, they have sailed a good deal farther thn most of the wanks posting on this thread..... and what is a sailor without some rum and a tall tale or three? 3200miles at sea +/-, bit more sea time than most will experience.

Most, but not all. Though I must admit SOME of my passage distance is less than theirs because when I aim at a place I tend to end up there instead of drifting around aimlessly awaiting rescue likes these two or Rimas.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:
1 hour ago, BillDBastard said:

3200miles at sea +/-, bit more sea time than most will experience.

Speak for yourself.

Indeed.

Mind you, I'm a fan of rum and lies sea stories. It's a bummer that these two are as bad at telling tales as they are at sailing.

2 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

I dunno Snaggapopolous, seems to me whatever these tewe lassies were up to, they have sailed a good deal farther thn most of the wanks posting on this thread..... and what is a sailor without some rum and a tall tale or three? 3200miles at sea +/-, bit more sea time than most will experience.

Don’t be so sure about that.

It looks like there will be no TV appearance. If there was going to be one it would have been on by now.

21 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Don’t be so sure about that.

There seems to be little denying the boat was in Hawaii at some point and picked up 900 miles SE of Japan. 

Now...how many people it left with and when, and how long it was actually out there is up for discussion.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, savoir said:

It looks like there will be no TV appearance. If there was going to be one it would have been on by now.

Probably come up as a TV movie on the Hallmark channel.   Needz moar sharks!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

There seems to be little denying the boat was in Hawaii at some point and picked up 900 miles SE of Japan. 

Now...how many people it left with and when, and how long it was actually out there is up for discussion.

I’m just saying there is a shitload of sea time on this forum.

I agree they left Oahu at some point before their Taiwanese tow cut them loose for the Navy photo ops.

When they left, what they did after leaving, and their actual route are all mysteries.

Some locals expected them back on island this weekend, but none of my contacts know where on Earth they are.  They’ve been pretty silent lately.

On 10/30/2017 at 9:06 PM, duncan (the other one) said:

Except the fact its published.. ?

I take it you've never seen girls race.  :)

45 minutes ago, blackjenner said:

I take it you've never seen girls race.  :)

They are a different race? I thought they were just a different gender.

That explains a lot.

4 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Not around here. Plenty of us have a shitload more than that. Bit faster as well. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

3200miles at sea +/-, bit more sea time than most will experience

Are one of those born with this hanging out of your arse? Doesn't it frighten small children? 

01-P1040356.JPG

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Probably come up as a TV movie on the Hallmark channel.   Needz moar sharks!

Maury show-

“and our lie detector says that is a lie”

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Are one of those born with this hanging out of your arse? Doesn't it frighten small children? 

Not sure what you mean, but have you been abused with one of those too?

AFAIK mine was bigger though, and it really worked too. Good times!

That and an RDF Seafix or whatever fix. 

Life was full of surprises!

P.S.  I Referred your post to the moderator for contravening the pedo rule. You will be deducted 69 points... no, 79 points shortly.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Not around here. Plenty of us have a shitload more than that. Bit faster as well. 

And we usually turn up where we planned to, and on time, more or less.....

1 hour ago, Fiji Flaky said:

Not sure what you mean, but have you been abused with one of those too?

AFAIK mine was bigger though, and it really worked too. Good times!

That and an RDF Seafix or whatever fix. 

Life was full of surprises!

P.S.  I Referred your post to the moderator for contravening the pedo rule. You will be deducted 69 points... no, 79 points shortly.

We used an AM transistor radio as an RDF.  Signal goes null when pointing towards New York or Miami...

12 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Ah ... BillDBastard, famed great sailor since the dawn of GPS. A hipster in sea boots handing out black spots.

24 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

We used an AM transistor radio as an RDF.  Signal goes null when pointing towards New York or Miami...

yep that was a popular trick off our coast as well back in the day. 

Oh course nothing to compare with JS's innovation skills. Jack once made a wind generator using the dymono from a seagull outboard, 5 discarded cricket bats and some ducktape...

13 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

you call the 2 lassie's ravings "a tall tale"? go wash your mouth out!

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

yep that was a popular trick off our coast as well back in the day. 

Oh course nothing to compare with JS's innovation skills. Jack once made a wind generator using the dymono from a seagull outboard, 5 discarded cricket bats and some ducktape...

How many discarded cricket bats do you generally sail with?

RE; Sea Time.

If I just shove off from Cape May, motor east to the Gulf Stream, turn the motor off, take the sails down, and just sit there eating and drinking letting the boat drift, I'll eventually float my way to Ireland. I can call for a tow into port and tell everyone about my transatlantic sailing experience and how much better I am than them :rolleyes::lol:

33 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

RE; Sea Time.

If I just shove off from Cape May, motor east to the Gulf Stream, turn the motor off, take the sails down, and just sit there eating and drinking letting the boat drift, I'll eventually float my way to Ireland. I can call for a tow into port and tell everyone about my transatlantic sailing experience and how much better I am than them :rolleyes::lol:

You might even get your own thread on SA. . .

31 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

RE; Sea Time.

There was some idiot who did just that, who posted here trying to pimp his 'book' a couple months ago. Spent all his money partying in Bermuda, begged food from a food kitchen, begged provisions from a passing freighter, and thought pretty highly of himself.

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

RE; Sea Time.

Don’t sully my hometown with your ill conceived delusions. 

Leave from Lewes

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

RE; Sea Time.

You left out the part about eating pussy the entire time.

1 minute ago, Somebody Else said:

Ooh- yeah, lewes isn’t gonna cut it then....

1 minute ago, Somebody Else said:

Hmmm, I may have to rethink this plan. Not all bad. Just one thing missing from the original version!

• Like 1

Kent, don't forget that you'll need;

A frying pan.

A cheese wheel

Spuds and a chicken.

Captains hat with scrambled eggs optional.

37 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Have sprouts and prawns both gone out of style?

Well, Reid and DT certainly have.

23 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

RE; Sea Time.

Don't forget the cheese and sprouts.  Its worked before.

1. Cheese

2. Sprouts

3. Frying Pan

4. Shore Team of Assistant Gr1fters

5. Girl from Central America, female randomly walking by boat, or both of them if I want to watch.

What I am forgetting?

19 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

1. Cheese

2. Sprouts

3. Frying Pan

4. Shore Team of Assistant Gr1fters

5. Girl from Central America, female randomly walking by boat, or both of them if I want to watch.

What I am forgetting?

o-silly-scope

cello

intention to do a  sacred sideslip

big geography

and that's for starters

2 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

What I am forgetting?

Condoms.  Oh wait, Reid didn't bring them either, never mind. 

On 11/3/2017 at 3:53 PM, weightless said:

Why not the last paragraph? It seems like a plausible theory to me.

Well because that is an alternative theory to the rest of the post. 

And, I think that even a clueless simpleton would have got into one of those places, as proven by rima's. And she actually does have at least basic sailing knowledge. 

10 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I have a sillyscope, but it isn't on the boat. I'll get it down there right away!

Shiraz, you're required to have a bottle (or case) on board too.

10 hours ago, weightless said:

Reporting on the reporting, recursive, meta thing (TL;DR -- "we did good and Trump lies") : http://www.civilbeat.org/2017/11/reader-rep-debunking-the-tale-of-two-women-lost-at-sea/

Like the reporters figured it out themselves, haha

" Journalists deserve blame for inflating this story so quickly and broadly, of course, but they also deserve credit for deflating it rapidly, too, by asking tough questions and exposing inconsistencies in the narrative. "

3 hours ago, hobot said:

Shiraz, you're required to have a bottle (or case) on board too.

Dinddent that change to 'presecco' laste yeare?

They will be interviewed on the Today show in just a few minutes.  I'm not sure I can sit through it but I'll try.  Matt says they will address some "lingering questions."  

22 minutes ago, chuckt said:

They will be interviewed on the Today show in just a few minutes.  I'm not sure I can sit through it but I'll try.  Matt says they will address some "lingering questions."  

7:33 on NBC

The blond looks particularly ugly today.

33 minutes ago, chuckt said:

This is making me sick!!

That was less painful than I thought it would be. She is sticking to the "explanations" she has developed for each inconsistency.  And she has improved her delivery.  Not as bat shit crazy-sounding as when the story first came out of her mouth.