Psycho Tiller

Two sailors and dogs rescued after 5 months

Recommended Posts

Starting to think they simply hid out in the Marshall Islands, Bikini Attol most likely, and got their brains fried with good old fashioned plutonium. That is easy to check, just turn the light out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Starting to think they simply hid out in the Marshall Islands, Bikini Attol most likely, and got their brains fried with good old fashioned plutonium. That is easy to check, just turn the light out.

Her lights have been out for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I just hit up Appel for a long form interview on the SA Podcast, to give her a chance to set the record straight.  I think it would be a fascinating conversation.  Will let you all know what happens and provide you with an opportunity to ask questions if she agrees.  Maybe we'll do it as our first live podcast.

 

Update: Jennifer agreed to an interview.  Trying to decide whether I go see her here in NY tomorrow or go home as planned and then do it via Skype on Friday after I've had some time to prepare properly.  Seems like a cool chick, and I'd like to hear her side of the story.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aA said:

alan, as much as i appreciate your efforts i think giving these clowns any more press is foolish. their 15 minutes was up weeks ago. their story is complete shite and there's no good to come with feeding the monster

I don't know about that aA.  Only one way to find out what really happened out there, and that's certainly not by listening to mainstream accounts.  Jennifer also sent in a long and detailed story to Bluewater Sailor that is supposed to run at some point.  Anyway, doesn't hurt to sit down and see what happens.  I'm sure they've got interesting stuff to say, and if they're as clueless as they have been painted to be, it will become apparent quickly.  On the phone Jennifer sounded smart, quick-witted, and had a sense of humor.  Good criteria for a podcast.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Update: Jennifer agreed to an interview.  Trying to decide whether I go see her here in NY tomorrow or go home as planned and then do it via Skype on Friday after I've had some time to prepare properly.  Seems like a cool chick, and I'd like to hear her side of the story.

 

 

 

Interview them separately with no cross talk. I believe  J kept T misled throughout the voyage to explain/cover up the bizarre nature of her decisions/actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Update: Jennifer agreed to an interview.  Trying to decide whether I go see her here in NY tomorrow or go home as planned and then do it via Skype on Friday after I've had some time to prepare properly.  Seems like a cool chick, and I'd like to hear her side of the story.

 

 

 

I would like to know what really happened to the spreader. It. Looks like something pulled it out of alignment(halyard, sail, dancing on the spreader) and bent the pin. All I seem to hear is that She blames the rigger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Update: Jennifer agreed to an interview.  Trying to decide whether I go see her here in NY tomorrow or go home as planned and then do it via Skype on Friday after I've had some time to prepare properly.  Seems like a cool chick, and I'd like to hear her side of the story.

 

 

 

She sounds like a child changing her oral story constantly, and changing her written story, blaming the errors on typos.

Most of the things she blames the media for were actually her own words voiced in videos.

There are many ex-coworkers and neighbors who do not share your perception.  I know them.

My interview of them would read as a deposition.  Remain skeptical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Great White said:

I would like to know what really happened to the spreader. It. Looks like something pulled it out of alignment(halyard, sail, dancing on the spreader) and bent the pin. All I seem to hear is that She blames the rigger.

Well, consider fisheye distortion if she used a GoPro for her video—it is very prominent in that clip.  I’m not convinced it is out of position.  I doubt it is.

Also, she described watching the alleged failure of the “bolt” over, I believe, a number of days.  With mast steps, why wasn’t the alleged failure cured before it allegedly caused a problem?

Add to that the allegedly damaged forestay, “forestay bracket,” and backstay.  Yet there was no appreciable headstay sag and the headsail was furled neatly.

I would like to know about the dogs.  I read that she did not intend to bring the dogs ashore in Tahiti, where she was allegedly sailing to basically start a new life.  Yet she could not have cleared customs in Tahiti without import permits for the dogs.  We know she did not have those because her dogs will require shots, tests, and a waiting period to get into Hawaii, which has essentially the same requirements as Tahiti.

I hope Clean will ask the pointed followup questions that the mainstream media was too clueless to ask.

And there is so much more....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did they ever explain their watermakers?  Manual or electric? If electric, how did they recharge the batteries?

Sorry if this has been covered already, I dozed off for a couple of weeks.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Liquid said:

My 1 cent: Go home, see your family, prepare and then interview

I would agree with that. You want to have prepared questions.

Done properly you might even get them to admit that a lot of what they did was BS. Done perfectly you might even get them to admit that the whole thing was a publicity stunt.

Either way that's a good catch Alan. I said somewhere before that you are the right guy to interview them. Kudos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+100, Don't be soft clean, no softballs, give em the heater...  

 

Also, if you want click bait, Jennifer going south on camera would be irresistible to all those that pursued this story.  Sa going mainstream on Today etc. etc. etc.  To explain it all and tell the world the truth.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Well, consider fisheye distortion if she used a GoPro for her video—it is very prominent in that clip.  I’m not convinced it is out of position.  I doubt it is.

Also, she described watching the alleged failure of the “bolt” over, I believe, a number of days.  With mast steps, why wasn’t the alleged failure cured before it allegedly caused a problem?

Add to that the allegedly damaged forestay, “forestay bracket,” and backstay.  Yet there was no appreciable headstay sag and the headsail was furled neatly.

I would like to know about the dogs.  I read that she did not intend to bring the dogs ashore in Tahiti, where she was allegedly sailing to basically start a new life.  Yet she could not have cleared customs in Tahiti without import permits for the dogs.  We know she did not have those because her dogs will require shots, tests, and a waiting period to get into Hawaii, which has essentially the same requirements as Tahiti.

I hope Clean will ask the pointed followup questions that the mainstream media was too clueless to ask.

And there is so much more....

If she left from Hawaii, and the dogs were legal, and with papers, wouldn't she already have proof of shots and tests for Tahiti?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   Most local (to HI ) dogs do not have up to date shots/vaccinations/ etc. To assemble all of them & have them ready to immigrate is a many months long process. And costly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone else think it's a sure sign of the apocalypse that this thread rose from the dead? I thought we killed this thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I don't know about that aA.  Only one way to find out what really happened out there, and that's certainly not by listening to mainstream accounts.  Jennifer also sent in a long and detailed story to Bluewater Sailor that is supposed to run at some point.  Anyway, doesn't hurt to sit down and see what happens.  I'm sure they've got interesting stuff to say, and if they're as clueless as they have been painted to be, it will become apparent quickly.  On the phone Jennifer sounded smart, quick-witted, and had a sense of humor.  Good criteria for a podcast.

 

fair enough broseph. if i may mirror a previously posted sentiment and say 'no softballs, grill them and call them on the bs'. then maybe this will go away and maybe you'll win a journalists award...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Northing is deade untille we saye it is!!!

Of course you are right & the ridiculous GoFundMe thing alone is like "Zombie serum".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, aA said:

alan, as much as i appreciate your efforts i think giving these clowns any more press is foolish. their 15 minutes was up weeks ago. their story is complete shite and there's no good to come with feeding the monster

Way better entertainment than Rimas has been providing of late.

CLEAN, be sure to ask about the Tiger shark parents training their young to pop a sailor out of a boat. That's my favorite part and needs extensive elaboration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rum Runner said:

Alan - I hope you get the interview but I am afraid that their drugged up rants will put you into a coma quickly.

Clean should take a minder with him, he may well end up tied to the ceiling. Or much worse, a Trump style film. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, aA said:

fair enough broseph. if i may mirror a previously posted sentiment and say 'no softballs, grill them and call them on the bs'. then maybe this will go away and maybe you'll win a journalists award...

Do you think that Gonzo journalist "Clean" cares about "lamestream" Journalist awards?   I reckon that if he was nominated, he would refuse to run.  And if elected, would refuse to serve!!!  (Can't find my purple sarcasm font????)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mad said:

Clean should take a minder with him, he may well end up tied to the ceiling. 

ROFLMAO!!!  Post of the thread!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind that Appel herself may be reading this, and that Clean wouldn't want to have her cancel the interview after seeing him trash her here.  Good call on his part to keep an open mind for the possibility that this could all somehow be some kind of misunderstanding, and to give her an honest opportunity to explain herself in the beginning of the interview. Especially if he's going to do it via Skype rather than in person.  The downside of not being there in person is that it's much easier when the questions get tougher to end the interview abruptly.  He needs to keep it respectful, as much as many of us would like to see him methodically tear her story apart.

The key is to be smart in the approach.  Maintain a tone of mutual respect even if the answers go into the nonsensical realm we've already seen many times.  Obtain the story, and politely ask hard questions that can't be answered without contradictions and/or nonsense, and then politely ask follow-up questions to re-affirm the point.  Drive it far enough to make it clear to a total non-sailor who bought everything they heard the first time that this can't be true.  

It needs to be the hard interview we're looking for, but it has to be done delicately, or she'll shut it down and look for easier interviews with landlubber press.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

If she left from Hawaii, and the dogs were legal, and with papers, wouldn't she already have proof of shots and tests for Tahiti?

No.  If that were true they wouldn’t be holed up on the mainland.

I know this from experience and research.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure,but didn’t that missle launched by N Korea  today land in the general area they were rescued from?  If they were still languishing out there,and the missle happened to fall right on their boat, now that woulda been a story!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is pig wrestling, nothing more. The last thing she needs is more attention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Huntemupbob said:

I’m not sure,but didn’t that missle launched by N Korea  today land in the general area they were rescued from?  If they were still languishing out there,and the missle happened to fall right on their boat, now that woulda been a story!

Damn N Koreans blew up the killer sharks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is easy. Sit down with her while playing the clips of her own videos. Ask her what the press lied about after each dopey statement SHE made. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mad said:

Clean should take a minder with him, he may well end up tied to the ceiling. 

our you sayeng "getteng strapponde" ?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

... Seems like a cool chick, and I'd like to hear her side of the story.

Of course she seems cool; all psychopaths appear cool or otherwise compelling. Theodore Bundy got his victims to willingly come along... to their death. Jim Jones did so too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

Of course she seems cool; all psychopaths appear cool or otherwise compelling. Theodore Bundy got his victims to willingly come along... to their death. Jim Jones did so too.

Better do the interview by Skype. And wear a condom regardless.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another point re: Clean's interview:

Psychopaths are generally pretty quick on their feet and can adapt to the situation of the moment (until they can't adapt, at which point you need to avoid being murdered.) So you need to avoid cornering her. Like others have said, approach this with a collaborative attitude, not an adversarial one.

Also, I feel that a lot of the weirdness of this story stems from Jennifer knowing enough about sailing and the sea to know what she WANTS to say but can't quite find the correct phrasing--freezing-up under pressure. A lot of her stories stumble semantically and I think it's important to have her clear up her frequently obscure semantics. For example, when she says she thought they would die within 24 hours, I thought of how a boat behaves when it's being forced through the water at what? close to double its hull speed? How the towed boat would yaw and jerk around with the tow line momentarily slackening only to abruptly snap taut, upsetting those aboard both physically and emotionally. So some appropriate questions would be, "While you were being towed by the fishing boat, do you feel you were being towed too fast? How was it affecting the action of your boat through the water and your comfort on board? What do you feel might have been your cause of death in that circumstance?"  There are a lot of instances in her reports that are ambiguous and need to be cleaned up, especially if she is thinking about a book or screenplay.

There are multiple ways to interpret a lot of what Jennifer has said and I think Clean's best service would be to get past the cumbersome semantics and focus on the meaning of what she has said and written so far. I would prepare for the interview by printing out everything she's said so far, with dates, then red-line everything that needs clarification or reconciliation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can just picture Clean, Dawn and Lauher hanging around the water cooler exchanging notes and giggling.  <_<  And then Appel rounds the corner with an AK...  :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

Of course she seems cool; all psychopaths appear cool or otherwise compelling. Theodore Bundy got his victims to willingly come along... to their death. Jim Jones did so too.

Recent studies show that UP 25% of CEO's are probably Sociopaths....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Recent studies show that UP 25% of CEO's are probably Sociopaths....

God knows I've met a few of those!

And then there's the leader of the free world...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Somebody Else said:

God knows I've met a few of those!

And then there's the leader of the free world...

Angela is a sociopath?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Recent studies show that UP 25% of CEO's are probably Sociopaths....

That sondes licke verrey consearvative numberes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, longy said:

Interview them separately with no cross talk. I believe  J kept T misled throughout the voyage to explain/cover up the bizarre nature of her decisions/actions.

Not enough time.  We're doing it with all three of us in my mom's house in Long Island.  I just rented microphones and a mixing board and am picking up the girls out East tomorrow afternoon and taking them here before bringing them to the train station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Whisper said:

Well, consider fisheye distortion if she used a GoPro for her video—it is very prominent in that clip.  I’m not convinced it is out of position.  I doubt it is.

Also, she described watching the alleged failure of the “bolt” over, I believe, a number of days.  With mast steps, why wasn’t the alleged failure cured before it allegedly caused a problem?

Add to that the allegedly damaged forestay, “forestay bracket,” and backstay.  Yet there was no appreciable headstay sag and the headsail was furled neatly.

I would like to know about the dogs.  I read that she did not intend to bring the dogs ashore in Tahiti, where she was allegedly sailing to basically start a new life.  Yet she could not have cleared customs in Tahiti without import permits for the dogs.  We know she did not have those because her dogs will require shots, tests, and a waiting period to get into Hawaii, which has essentially the same requirements as Tahiti.

I hope Clean will ask the pointed followup questions that the mainstream media was too clueless to ask.

And there is so much more....

I will ask whatever you guys post.  Ima start a thread because I don't have time to read this whole one, hopefully y'all can put some of this gold over there.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Way better entertainment than Rimas has been providing of late.

CLEAN, be sure to ask about the Tiger shark parents training their young to pop a sailor out of a boat. That's my favorite part and needs extensive elaboration.

The shark thing is pretty crazy.  So is the Devil's triangle.  So is '3 days of force 11'.  Not sure yet which is the craziest. 

If I was on some purple blotter, a pod of orcas might scare the living fuck out of me and I might think they are something toothier.  If I had never been in more than 30 knots, a series of big squalls might make me think I was in a hurricane.  But what the fuck is the Devil's Triangle? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MR.CLEAN said:

The shark thing is pretty crazy.  So is the Devil's triangle.  So is '3 days of force 11'.  Not sure yet which is the craziest. 

If I was on some purple blotter, a pod of orcas might scare the living fuck out of me and I might think they are something toothier.  If I had never been in more than 30 knots, a series of big squalls might make me think I was in a hurricane.  But what the fuck is the Devil's Triangle? 

 

I always thought the DT was in in the Caribbean, so it shows you what I know.

Most people call that part of the world "The Milk Run".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MR.CLEAN said:

The shark thing is pretty crazy.  So is the Devil's triangle.  So is '3 days of force 11'.  Not sure yet which is the craziest. 

If I was on some purple blotter, a pod of orcas might scare the living fuck out of me and I might think they are something toothier.  If I had never been in more than 30 knots, a series of big squalls might make me think I was in a hurricane.  But what the fuck is the Devil's Triangle? 

 

IIRC, weather reports suggest they may have had a full day of 30 knots sustained.  Depends a bit on where exactly they were but it's not at all impossible.

I've got no idea what they're saying about the Devil's (Dragon's?) Triangle. From what I can make out (again IIRC) the shark thing happened near the Cooks or the Lines. Many, many people have cruised that area. Earl Hinz wrote a popular cruising guide for it nearly 40 years ago. The idea that they were one of only a few boats that have sailed through there makes no sense at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

our you sayeng "getteng strapponde" ?

 

 

GoFundMe!?

 

oh, I thought it was “GoFuckMe” at first!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, silent bob said:

GoFundMe!?

 

oh, I thought it was “GoFuckMe” at first!

Next door down the hall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Not enough time.  We're doing it with all three of us in my mom's house in Long Island.  I just rented microphones and a mixing board and am picking up the girls out East tomorrow afternoon and taking them here before bringing them to the train station.

Then try and ask q's directly to Tasha and see how she reacts. Does she look at Jen before replying? Does she defer the q's entirely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mad said:

Clean should take a minder with him, he may well end up tied to the ceiling.

Just in case, we should get a preliminary injunction blocking the normal "Pics or it didn't happen" rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clean, the most basic thing to get right is the timeline of the whole thing, otherwise there is no way to cross-check their claims

GET THE GPS TRACK they say they have

this is what I could make of what was published and it raises a lot of questions (I didn´t make anything up, just tried to follow their story exactly)

large.appel.jpg.7b513ddd1f6251c34d442d1760e0146a.jpg 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is pretty clear to me that Appel has a problem with exaggeration. Okay, so they experienced some strong winds leaving Hawaii.   I'm sure the wind intimidated the novice crew.   The situation is blown up in their mind until it is (psychologically) Force 11.   Okay, so they had difficulty making landfall in adverse current and equatorial wind conditions.   Yeah, I know -- low sailing skills and questionable understanding of the inner workings of a marine diesel, but I've heard of this before so let’s give them the benefit of the doubt that it happened.   Again, in their minds to protect themselves psychologically it must have been at least 10 knots of current.  

OTOH, I can't really explain Appel's views on sharks and her recent comments that marine biologists' knowledge of shark behaviour is incomplete.   This is just batshit delusional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Blitz said:

Damn N Koreans blew up the killer sharks?

Yes.  They're part of the cover-up.  shhhhhh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

from her GoFundme page:

 

Thank you Mr. Clean for the interview. Longest one we have done and absolute best for teaching me new things that I will use going forward!!!
As promised, I would like to augment the Go Fund Me to ask for money to build a new boat and get back out on the water instead of going after the media for the story. If you are curious about the highlights of our excursion - go listen to the podcast from Sailing Anarchy. You can only get the real deal from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Parma said:

from her GoFundme page:

 

Thank you Mr. Clean for the interview. Longest one we have done and absolute best for teaching me new things that I will use going forward!!!
As promised, I would like to augment the Go Fund Me to ask for money to build a new boat and get back out on the water instead of going after the media for the story. If you are curious about the highlights of our excursion - go listen to the podcast from Sailing Anarchy. You can only get the real deal from them.

I did not see this on her gofundme page ( https://www.gofundme.com/truth-in-media ). Nor on the comments page... 

IT IS ON THE SHOW UPDATES... so I apologize..

 

(

Edited by h20man
FOUND the quote... sorry... ;(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey where did the other thread go?

I know, I know, it's not good for me.  But you can't just take it away without warning like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I had to get rid of the "Ask Jen and Tasha" thread.  Some insane cruiser went off the reservation and started making all sorts of legal threats to try to get publicity for his awful blog and podcasts, so we got rid of him and the thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fuckery.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Sorry I had to get rid of the "Ask Jen and Tasha" thread.  Some insane cruiser went off the reservation and started making all sorts of legal threats to try to get publicity for his awful blog and podcasts, so we got rid of him and the thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fuckery.

you could be talking about anybody!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Sorry I had to get rid of the "Ask Jen and Tasha" thread.  Some insane cruiser went off the reservation and started making all sorts of legal threats to try to get publicity for his awful blog and podcasts, so we got rid of him and the thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fuckery.

Is that cuz he likes slowbboats and not fast boats?  Isn't that discrimination, and isn't that illegal?  :-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Sorry I had to get rid of the "Ask Jen and Tasha" thread.  Some insane cruiser went off the reservation and started making all sorts of legal threats to try to get publicity for his awful blog and podcasts, so we got rid of him and the thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fuckery.

Ah yes.  Your "slow boat cruising" or whatever buddy.   He seemed a bit raw about something.

Shame to lose Jen's posts, though.  And what if I forget what "bent Q tip" refers to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Sorry I had to get rid of the "Ask Jen and Tasha" thread.  Some insane cruiser went off the reservation and started making all sorts of legal threats to try to get publicity for his awful blog and podcasts, so we got rid of him and the thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fuckery.

Thank you for the "Clean" Up in aisle 69!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, you can always find that link again.  Sexclips.com/speedy08 or something like that?  Someone has to remember it.  Maybe Jen will pop in here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MR.CLEAN said:

Well, you can always find that link again.  Sexclips.com/speedy08 or something like that?  Someone has to remember it.  Maybe Jen will pop in here.

speedqueen08, try to keep up, clean....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good plan to put it all here. 

Hopefully it will all go away soon.  But thanks, Alan, for braving that innerview, and for the massive edits.  Such fortitude!

Even though I only got one seventh of the way through.  And gave up.

J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thisse seemes so much licke the Nicolle thinge, startes when she crise unfairre treatmente, Cleane goes into bigg DEFENSE moade, then dleated threades. 

Historey repeeteng itselfe.            :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Well, the slow-boat guy was a fuckwit. 

Yes, he is.  But I didn’t see any blatant threats of litigation; perhaps they were deleted. I saw some misguided cautions, and he was clearly disturbed, but his comments could easily have been deleted.  It seems drastic to delete the entire thread after people asked earnest questions and she was making some effort to answer them.  Frankly, I saw more effort on her part to be responsive here than in any other interview or forum.

I think Snaggles is onto something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dammit, now I'll have to remember the crazy shit BentQTip spewed before Clean got nervous and pulled the curtain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Well, you can always find that link again.  Sexclips.com/speedy08 or something like that?  Someone has to remember it.  Maybe Jen will pop in here.

Wait! Jen is into scatalogical S&M? Of wait, I misread your statement there Clean. Got to clean my glasses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Yes, he is.  But I didn’t see any blatant threats of litigation; perhaps they were deleted. I saw some misguided cautions, and he was clearly disturbed, but his comments could easily have been deleted.  It seems drastic to delete the entire thread after people asked earnest questions and she was making some effort to answer them.  Frankly, I saw more effort on her part to be responsive here than in any other interview or forum.

I think Snaggles is onto something.

There was a veiled threat of legal action. I doubt anything that would hold up. When Clean bans someone, he hits 'delete all' and everything gets wiped out. Same thing happened with Brent Swain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Sorry I had to get rid of the "Ask Jen and Tasha" thread.  Some insane cruiser went off the reservation and started making all sorts of legal threats to try to get publicity for his awful blog and podcasts, so we got rid of him and the thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fuckery.

Um, that would be the https://slowboatsailing.wordpress.com/ dude.  His latest post acknowledges Clean blew the beets that Ms. QTip was actually Appel. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RKoch said:

There was a veiled threat of legal action. I doubt anything that would hold up. When Clean bans someone, he hits 'delete all' and everything gets wiped out. Same thing happened with Brent Swain.

Actually, according to BJ, it’s only Scot that uses the nuclear option when banning people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Monkey said:

Actually, according to BJ, it’s only Scot that uses the nuclear option when banning people. 

Clean claimed it was himself, this time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, axolotl said:

Um, that would be the https://slowboatsailing.wordpress.com/ dude.  His latest post acknowledges Clean blew the beets that Ms. QTip was actually Appel. 

I was suspicious that Jen was posting.. She was using BendingQtips as her moniker...  Clean claimed that he did not think it was wise of her. I asked him directly (in the deleted thread) if this was really Jen.. and he CONFIRMED..    The thread got very active with Mr. Slow posting rather quickly (attacking CLEAN) and then... it VANISHED.....  so we are none the wiser... And BendingQtips did give some interesting responses.....

 

Ah well.. Time to move on.  It was REAL.. it was... not NICE ...   (What a train wreck..)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Clean claimed it was himself, this time...

I stand corrected. That’s an interesting turn of events. He’s said in the past he doesn’t do any of the flicks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Yes, he is.  But I didn’t see any blatant threats of litigation; perhaps they were deleted. I saw some misguided cautions, and he was clearly disturbed, but his comments could easily have been deleted.  It seems drastic to delete the entire thread after people asked earnest questions and she was making some effort to answer them.  Frankly, I saw more effort on her part to be responsive here than in any other interview or forum.

I think Snaggles is onto something.

I kinda agree with your main para.  I think Clean, and ergo SA, gave these two souls a fairer shake than they had in the clickbaity world that is much of the non-Anarchy media. 

Clean seems to wish them well, so I will too.

I just wouldn't sail with them, nor advise others to...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, h20man said:

I was suspicious that Jen was posting.. She was using BendingQtips as her moniker...  Clean claimed that he did not think it was wise of her. I asked him directly (in the deleted thread) if this was really Jen.. and he CONFIRMED..    The thread got very active with Mr. Slow posting rather quickly (attacking CLEAN) and then... it VANISHED.....  so we are none the wiser... And BendingQtips did give some interesting responses.....

 

Ah well.. Time to move on.  It was REAL.. it was... not NICE ...   (What a train wreck..)

She may very well rejoin this thread. The vast majority of posters have been shockingly polite in talking with her here. 

It’s far more interesting getting answers than just insulting her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Sorry I had to get rid of the "Ask Jen and Tasha" thread.  Some insane cruiser went off the reservation and started making all sorts of legal threats to try to get publicity for his awful blog and podcasts, so we got rid of him and the thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fuckery.

Hope they weren't a ............................... :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Monkey said:

She may very well rejoin this thread. The vast majority of posters have been shockingly polite in talking with her here. 

It’s far more interesting getting answers than just insulting her. 

I agree.  I thought the deleted thread was working pretty well in terms of getting clarification and containment of the wild ass story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jammer Six said:

Other than Clean, no one was asking earnest questions.

Well, you’re very wrong.  Too bad the thread is dead so I can’t show you what you missed.

Oh, and Clean asked no questions there.  He merely defended himself from various criticisms.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still wondering what a typical day was like during the driftathon.

How does someone with her energy level NOT sail... somewhere.

The boat didn't look very broken to me. And if it were, this is what you do:

alessandrojuryrig.jpg

On 11/23/2014 at 2:41 PM, Great White said:

Don't know about the smallest, but this guy : http://www.alessandrodibenedetto.net/ sailed non-stop around the world and Cape Horn with a mini. He was dismasted and rigged a jury rig while underway to complete his sail up the Atlantic.

 

 


That's him in the pic, taken by a passing ship.

I also always wonder how long term voyagers shit. If two people use it for months on end, something bad happens to a marine toilet. This is particularly true if one of them starts out weighing 300 lbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites