• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Hugh Jorgan

Two sailors and dogs rescued after 5 months

Sorry I had to get rid of the "Ask Jen and Tasha" thread.  Some insane cruiser went off the reservation and started making all sorts of legal threats to try to get publicity for his awful blog and podcasts, so we got rid of him and the thread.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fuckery.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Sorry I had to get rid of the "Ask Jen and Tasha" thread.  Some insane cruiser went off the reservation and started making all sorts of legal threats to try to get publicity for his awful blog and podcasts, so we got rid of him and the thread.

you could be talking about anybody!

16 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Is that cuz he likes slowbboats and not fast boats?  Isn't that discrimination, and isn't that illegal?  :-) 

15 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Ah yes.  Your "slow boat cruising" or whatever buddy.   He seemed a bit raw about something.

Shame to lose Jen's posts, though.  And what if I forget what "bent Q tip" refers to?

46 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Thank you for the "Clean" Up in aisle 69!!!

Well, you can always find that link again.  Sexclips.com/speedy08 or something like that?  Someone has to remember it.  Maybe Jen will pop in here.

Just now, MR.CLEAN said:

Well, you can always find that link again.  Sexclips.com/speedy08 or something like that?  Someone has to remember it.  Maybe Jen will pop in here.

speedqueen08, try to keep up, clean....

• Like 1

Good plan to put it all here. 

Hopefully it will all go away soon.  But thanks, Alan, for braving that innerview, and for the massive edits.  Such fortitude!

Even though I only got one seventh of the way through.  And gave up.

J

Thisse seemes so much licke the Nicolle thinge, startes when she crise unfairre treatmente, Cleane goes into bigg DEFENSE moade, then dleated threades. 

Historey repeeteng itselfe.            :)

14 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Well, the slow-boat guy was a fuckwit. 

Yes, he is.  But I didn’t see any blatant threats of litigation; perhaps they were deleted. I saw some misguided cautions, and he was clearly disturbed, but his comments could easily have been deleted.  It seems drastic to delete the entire thread after people asked earnest questions and she was making some effort to answer them.  Frankly, I saw more effort on her part to be responsive here than in any other interview or forum.

I think Snaggles is onto something.

Dammit, now I'll have to remember the crazy shit BentQTip spewed before Clean got nervous and pulled the curtain.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Wait! Jen is into scatalogical S&M? Of wait, I misread your statement there Clean. Got to clean my glasses.

10 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Yes, he is.  But I didn’t see any blatant threats of litigation; perhaps they were deleted. I saw some misguided cautions, and he was clearly disturbed, but his comments could easily have been deleted.  It seems drastic to delete the entire thread after people asked earnest questions and she was making some effort to answer them.  Frankly, I saw more effort on her part to be responsive here than in any other interview or forum.

There was a veiled threat of legal action. I doubt anything that would hold up. When Clean bans someone, he hits 'delete all' and everything gets wiped out. Same thing happened with Brent Swain.

Um, that would be the https://slowboatsailing.wordpress.com/ dude.  His latest post acknowledges Clean blew the beets that Ms. QTip was actually Appel. 

7 minutes ago, RKoch said:

There was a veiled threat of legal action. I doubt anything that would hold up. When Clean bans someone, he hits 'delete all' and everything gets wiped out. Same thing happened with Brent Swain.

Actually, according to BJ, it’s only Scot that uses the nuclear option when banning people. 

Just now, Monkey said:

Actually, according to BJ, it’s only Scot that uses the nuclear option when banning people. 

Clean claimed it was himself, this time...

1 minute ago, axolotl said:

Um, that would be the https://slowboatsailing.wordpress.com/ dude.  His latest post acknowledges Clean blew the beets that Ms. QTip was actually Appel. 

I was suspicious that Jen was posting.. She was using BendingQtips as her moniker...  Clean claimed that he did not think it was wise of her. I asked him directly (in the deleted thread) if this was really Jen.. and he CONFIRMED..    The thread got very active with Mr. Slow posting rather quickly (attacking CLEAN) and then... it VANISHED.....  so we are none the wiser... And BendingQtips did give some interesting responses.....

Ah well.. Time to move on.  It was REAL.. it was... not NICE ...   (What a train wreck..)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Clean claimed it was himself, this time...

I stand corrected. That’s an interesting turn of events. He’s said in the past he doesn’t do any of the flicks. 

33 minutes ago, Whisper said:

I kinda agree with your main para.  I think Clean, and ergo SA, gave these two souls a fairer shake than they had in the clickbaity world that is much of the non-Anarchy media. 

Clean seems to wish them well, so I will too.

I just wouldn't sail with them, nor advise others to...

8 minutes ago, h20man said:

I was suspicious that Jen was posting.. She was using BendingQtips as her moniker...  Clean claimed that he did not think it was wise of her. I asked him directly (in the deleted thread) if this was really Jen.. and he CONFIRMED..    The thread got very active with Mr. Slow posting rather quickly (attacking CLEAN) and then... it VANISHED.....  so we are none the wiser... And BendingQtips did give some interesting responses.....

Ah well.. Time to move on.  It was REAL.. it was... not NICE ...   (What a train wreck..)

She may very well rejoin this thread. The vast majority of posters have been shockingly polite in talking with her here. 

It’s far more interesting getting answers than just insulting her. 

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Hope they weren't a ............................... :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:lol:

5 minutes ago, Monkey said:

She may very well rejoin this thread. The vast majority of posters have been shockingly polite in talking with her here. 

It’s far more interesting getting answers than just insulting her. 

I agree.  I thought the deleted thread was working pretty well in terms of getting clarification and containment of the wild ass story.

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

It seems drastic to delete the entire thread after people asked earnest questions and she was making some effort to answer them.

Other than Clean, no one was asking earnest questions.

4 minutes ago, Jammer Six said:

Other than Clean, no one was asking earnest questions.

Well, you’re very wrong.  Too bad the thread is dead so I can’t show you what you missed.

Oh, and Clean asked no questions there.  He merely defended himself from various criticisms.

• Like 1

I'm still wondering what a typical day was like during the driftathon.

How does someone with her energy level NOT sail... somewhere.

The boat didn't look very broken to me. And if it were, this is what you do:

alessandrojuryrig.jpg

On 11/23/2014 at 2:41 PM, Great White said:

Don't know about the smallest, but this guy : http://www.alessandrodibenedetto.net/ sailed non-stop around the world and Cape Horn with a mini. He was dismasted and rigged a jury rig while underway to complete his sail up the Atlantic.

That's him in the pic, taken by a passing ship.

I also always wonder how long term voyagers shit. If two people use it for months on end, something bad happens to a marine toilet. This is particularly true if one of them starts out weighing 300 lbs.

I was going to say "no one was asking earnest questions", because that's the truth. But I knew this is SA, and it's full of silly motherfuckers, and that some fuckwit would have jumped up and said Clean asked earnest questions. So I worded it the way I did, knowing full well that it was still SA, that it was still full of silly motherfuckers, and that some fuckwit was going to be butthurt.

31 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

I'm still wondering what a typical day was like during the driftathon.

How does someone with her energy level NOT sail... somewhere.

The boat didn't look very broken to me. And if it were, this is what you do:

alessandrojuryrig.jpg

That's him in the pic, taken by a passing ship.

I also always wonder how long term voyagers shit. If two people use it for months on end, something bad happens to a marine toilet. This is particularly true if one of them starts out weighing 300 lbs.

Silly, You should know by now all 2 Girls need is One Cup

Someone else can stoop lower to post anyone of the Videos

The scary thing about listening to that whole podcast was that it reminded me of me when I went through a bit of a mental breakdown. Everything I heard just screamed “unintentional pathological liar with no experience being a pathological liar.”  I do not intend that to be an insult. I was that person during a severe bout of depression. It was weird and almost uncontrollable. 

The weird hesitations, the misdirections, the odd laughter, the mix and match of truth and nonsense .... it all just sort of adds up. 

Her boyfriend was quoted earlier that after a bad bike wreck she seemed to lose her sense of reasonableness, can't find the quote. No sense of linearity or consequences sort of thing.

2 minutes ago, Monkey said:

The scary thing about listening to that whole podcast was that it reminded me of me when I went through a bit of a mental breakdown. Everything I heard just screamed “unintentional pathological liar with no experience being a pathological liar.”  I do not intend that to be an insult. I was that person during a severe bout of depression. It was weird and almost uncontrollable. 

The weird hesitations, the misdirections, the odd laughter, the mix and match of truth and nonsense .... it all just sort of adds up. 

Her ex-boyfriend told the Daily Mail (maybe Guardian?) that she broke a bunch of bones in a motorcycle crash and suggested she sustained a head injury that affected her judgment.  I don’t know how credible that is, but it would not surprise me.

Also, she sounded stoned out of her gourd in the podcast.  Clean alluded to something other than beer being in use.  I did not watch the video, but it sounded like there were some deep inhalations during the podcast.

Her inability to focus, her willingness to ascribe motives to sharks (in their living room) and dolphins (checking up on them), etc. is indicative of something amiss.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Her boyfriend was quoted earlier that after a bad bike wreck she seemed to lose her sense of reasonableness, can't find the quote. No sense of linearity or consequences sort of thing.

You beat me to it

2 hours ago, Whisper said:

Her ex-boyfriend told the Daily Mail (maybe Guardian?) that she broke a bunch of bones in a motorcycle crash and suggested she sustained a head injury that affected her judgment.  I don’t know how credible that is, but it would not surprise me.

Also, she sounded stoned out of her gourd in the podcast.  Clean alluded to something other than beer being in use.  I did not watch the video, but it sounded like there were some deep inhalations during the podcast.

Her inability to focus, her willingness to ascribe motives to sharks (in their living room) and dolphins (checking up on them), etc. is indicative of something amiss.

I tried Watching but it was a just a Green line spiking up and down, over a black background :-0

Send Jen a pm if you have questions. She’ll probably answer them. I do have a sort of emergency spammer button that immediately erases all existence of someone, I don’t have a regular banning dashboard like Scot has. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I know someone who was conked on the head in motorcycle wreck.  Lost here sense of smell, and some think, other changes may have occured as well...

26 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I know someone who was conked on the head in motorcycle wreck.  Lost here sense of smell, and some think, other changes may have occured as well...

Traumatic anosmia is more common than most know. Frequently happens as a result of a fall that may seem otherwise innocuous. My brother dove out of a stroller when he was about two and another friend took a spill in a theater aisle as a late teen, never smelled a thing again.  

18 hours ago, h20man said:

It was pretty obvious that the thread was going to round down once "Jen" showed up.

I had assumed the thread deletion was the result of Clean vouching for QTip's authenticity and then getting a note from someone.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, some dude said:

Shame to lose Jen's posts, though.  And what if I forget what "bent Q tip" refers to?

It's an activity pass the time while drifting aimlessly at sea for 5 months.  You make little dolls, figures, crystal lattice structures, geodesic domes, towers, log cabins, buildings and whatnot with them.  

Make the daily pan pan calls on VHF.  No response.  Go back to bending Q-tips, feeding the dogs more oatmeal, etc.  Wow...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

It's an activity pass the time while drifting aimlessly at sea for 5 months.  You make little dolls, figures, crystal lattice structures, buildings and whatnot with them.  Make the daily pan pan calls on VHF.  No response.  Go back to bending Q-tips, feeding the dogs more oatmeal, etc.  Wow...

Damn, I was hoping for something far kinkier than that. 

2 hours ago, koblas said:

It was pretty obvious that the thread was going to round down once "Jen" showed up.

I had assumed the thread deletion was the result of Clean vouching for QTip's authenticity and then getting a note from someone.

I didn't want Jen to jump in here because of her self-destructive tendencies, but I was fine with that and would never delete that if the other thing hadn't happened.  But if anyone starts threatening people physically, verbally, or legally here, they're gone.  The reason I deleted the thread rather than just banning the loser in question is just insurance in case mr. slowdouche has a trust fund and a lawyer who knows it, 'cause even if they have no case they can really fuck up your year.   Don't ask me how I know.

15 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Make the daily pan pan calls on VHF.  No response.  Go back to bending Q-tips, feeding the dogs more oatmeal, etc.  Wow...

No time to fix the mast or teach the crew to sail properly!

• Like 1

So it seems at the end of all this despite cleans best effort we really haven't got much closer to the truth about this whole saga!! Clean have you had any luck on getting some positions so we can at least put a time line together?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, strop said:

So it seems at the end of all this despite cleans best effort we really haven't got much closer to the truth about this whole saga!! Clean have you had any luck on getting some positions so we can at least put a time line together?

Clean can send me the damn thing. If there's any data on it, I know I can get it off. 

5 minutes ago, oceaneer said:

Slow boat guy if you are out there and reading this.. you are a total ass hat.  Find some cold water and fall overboard with a winch handle or 2 tucked into you pocket and boots on.

Slow boat guy has/had no case, and I didn’t see anything near an actual threat—more like bluffing out of ignorance.  Maybe there were more concrete threats on the back channels.

He seemed harmless to me.

• Like 1

Wow, just listened to the podcast, and gotta say I was quite impressed with the interviewer and the interviewees.  I actually feel bad for them, now, and can see that they stuck it out, and kept trying, in their own special way, when others would have called Daddy, (or Uncle Sam) for a evac out of the failed dream attempt.  She committed to her dream, and went after it (which is something a lot of her critics can't say they've done.)  Sure, Mistakes were made, but who's fucking perfect?  The world would be a better place with people who chase their dreams to the end of the earth, which is probably why The Mass Media seized on this story.  I'm most ashamed  at how quickly I believed the editing and packaging of "the story", and how quickly I joined in calling  them "idiots" without looking for the truth,  which didn't seem to exist until Clean Took the effort to get to the bottom of it.

all i'll say is, put yourself in their shoes.  Theyd been at sea, in a desperate situation, for months on end, on pretty much their first blue water trip.  Things had not gone as planned, they got into some shit, and when someone jammed a camera in their face, they made some mistakes.  Like Nobody here has ever exaggerated a wind speed or wave size, or called something by the wrong name in the excitement of their first experience, then learned the err of their ways?  Yeah, some shit was funny, but with the amount of editing down the Media outlets did, its easy to see how this caught like wildfire.  But hey, you are clearly here to swing your dick unforgivingly, so carry on.

1 hour ago, strop said:

Uhm, I have. But then, I listened to Clean's interview.

3 hours ago, koblas said:

yes, i think we all have a sense of why the thread was really deleted.

Don't ask me how I know.

I think we all know how you know. Too bad though - it was just starting to get interesting.

• Like 1

I missed the overload on the dead thread, but I saw the SBS bullshit from early on. I invited her over from gofundme for a beer and didn’t get to the bar before closing time. My bad

I can see the head trauma being the reason for her “eccentric” ways now. Back in the 80’s my friend was in a terrible wreck and she was a completely different person after. Couldn’t smell, taste or hear out of her left ear. It was difficult to tolerate being around her because of the same type of stuff Jenn does. Not a bad person- just someone that has no limits/ filters.

Nothing against Jenn...at least she tried to answer the questions in her own way and I can respect that. 

https://drawception.com/panel/drawing/6nm83336/bent-qtip/

11 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

.../snip

I can see the head trauma being the reason for her “eccentric” ways now. Back in the 80’s my friend was in a terrible wreck and she was a completely different person after. Couldn’t smell, taste or hear out of her left ear. 

/snip...

And she could beforehand? Wow. (Sorry)

Reminds me of the old joke I once got to use:

"Doctor, will I be able to play the piano after the operation?"

"Don't worry, of course you will."

"That's fantastic, because I couldn't beforehand."

Yup. I was in the car behind her on I-95. Left front tire blew out and she rolled her truck and was ejected 50’in the air at least and came down on the guard rail a couple hundred feet down the road at 75 mph. I still can’t figure out how she survived...

GoFundMe still stuck @ $5.00USD.  No recent press releases 'cept stringer press parroting the "Questions about voyage" angle.

Compare and contrast with Stowe and Rimas.  All are fringe sailors but those two kept the media atwitter for years.  It appears the Appel is just a flash in the pan and will not gain more media attraction.   So sorry; I'm confused that she could skydive, race motorcycles, run an organic farm in Hawaii, an S&M operation and spend two years and $100,000USD+ to buy and refurbish a 50' sailboat.  I suspect Appel is scraping the bottom of the pot and will soon achieve indigent status.  Her early years, probably supported by her parent's (silver spoon) benevolence (landscape architecture school), which has been cut off by her Mom after Appel's recent activities.

On 12/7/2017 at 10:19 AM, oceaneer said:

Slow boat guy if you are out there and reading this.. you are a total ass hat.  

I'm back online after some travel days.  Seems Dr. Linus wasn't just threatening sa... The latest news from him has us getting a tow from the fishing vessel in May 2017... At least I have a reasonable explanation for f*in up my facts... Like being in shock

1 minute ago, Jennifer said:

I'm back online after some travel days.  Seems Dr. Linus wasn't just threatening sa... The latest news from him has us getting a tow from the fishing vessel in May 2017... At least I have a reasonable explanation for f*in up my facts... Like being in shock

Great you're back online! Ignore the trolls and poseurs and try to be more specific when responding to questions about your boat, refurbishments, rig and voyage experiences.  It'll  build cred amongst the posters that are not haters, just curious about technical details.

8 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

I have an obscenely long post to add about the truth in media. For those that need help getting to sleep I will post it in a bit.  If you get to the end... You will find the gold nugget.

don't threaten me with a good time !

On 12/6/2017 at 3:08 PM, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

Is that cuz he likes slowbboats and not fast boats?  Isn't that discrimination, and isn't that illegal?  :-) 

Slow boats and fast boats are not protected classes under the law. Discriminate at will.

3 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Did Clean get the GPS to spill it's guts yet?  I think someone asked about why we didn't jury rig... WE DID!!!!  The only time we weren't under some form of sail was when there was no wind.

Thanks for bringing up the GPS tracks issue!  Did you have a nav station mounted GPS with electronic charts (abandoned upon rescue), and some handhelds which hold data?  There's been references to the written ship's log but it was lost when abandoning ship?

There's interest in seeing your 5 month voyage track, unlikely preserved in a handheld GPS with storage limited to a few weeks at most.  Can you recreate your course either through a written log or your recollections? 

34 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Does anyone tighten rigging that isn't loose?   I didn't know brand new rigging bends a spreader in less than a week if it's done correctly. 

Sure,  all the time - how loose is 'loose' ?  Photos do not show a bent spreader.  You seem intent on placing blame on others for your inability to navigate.  No wonder riggers I know have turned away work - some customers just aren't worth it.  

You didn't answer my question in the earlier thread - did you open the seacocks to flood the boat of is it still drifting out there as a hazard to navigation ?

You also asked if certain wire sizes were adequate to the displacement of your boat - did the standing rigging fail ?  It appears intact in photos.

2 minutes ago, Great Red Shark said:

Sure,  all the time - how loose is 'loose' ?  Photos do not show a bent spreader.  You seem intent on placing blame on others for your inability to navigate.  No wonder riggers I know have turned away work - some customers just aren't worth it.  

You didn't answer my question in the earlier thread - did you open the seacocks to flood the boat of is it still drifting out there as a hazard to navigation ?

You also asked if certain wire sizes were adequate to the displacement of your boat - did the standing rigging fail ?  It appears intact in photos.

Be carefulle, they our gonig caulle you mystoginist.

57 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Thanks for bringing up the GPS tracks issue!  Did you have a nav station mounted GPS with electronic charts (abandoned upon rescue), and some handhelds which hold data?  There's been references to the written ship's log but it was lost when abandoning ship?

There's interest in seeing your 5 month voyage track, unlikely preserved in a handheld GPS with storage limited to a few weeks at most.  Can you recreate your course either through a written log or your recollections? 

garmin wall mounted chartplotter - stayed with boat

handheld came with me

paper log came with me

USCG has a 1 lat lon per day file that is copyright protected

I will give the details when I finish plotting it with the storms we encountered - which help make much more sense of our decisions - it was hurricane season and without the benefit of the weather station - much harder to predict a solid course back to hawaii

1 hour ago, Great Red Shark said:

You didn't answer my question in the earlier thread - of is it still drifting out there as a hazard to navigation ?

You also asked if certain wire sizes were adequate to the displacement of your boat - ?  It appears intact in photos.

Photos do not show a bent spreader. - you are right... it is a bent spreader bolt that allowed for too much fore/aft play - which then allowed the shroud to come out of its position and the seizing wire was no longer properly intact

did you open the seacocks to flood the boat - naw - even if they fail - if you look at the video from underwater - you can see the bunts I put in the "holes"

did the standing rigging fail - the backstay came unravelled - pictures are on the shutterfly account - you can't miss the 5/8" amsteel halyard wrapped around the backstay in the sunset pictures - it made a huge improvement - more than the ~200+lf of 1/8" amsteel I originally used to fortify the back of the mast to the stern tangs

... and now for the promised obscenely long first post about truth in media.... sleep well

Do I have a case against the media?

Not for calling the initial storm a Force 11. 

I was still in shock from the fishing vessel episode and the loss of my home and I am truly sorry.  There was a weather pattern and several media outlets pushed a “no storm” aspect.

Not for calling the sharks at night tiger sharks. 

We saw several different types of sharks during the trip.  It has been suggested that the type of animal we encountered at night were orcas as the pattern of behavior is consistent with what orcas generally exhibit.  I would add that the animals were not interested in me rather they were very interested in the dogs.  It would be educational to know if shark researchers have had large dogs on board when they are doing their research.  I found that the dogs had a significant impact on ocean life presenting itself to us because the sea creatures were curious about the four legged aboard.

During the day, I believe I saw 3-4’ Tiger sharks on both sides of the boat just north of the equator at 160W.  At night, it was too dark to see clearly.    

With addition of the traumatic situation we were in, one became the other while we were “ambushed” by the media.  I am going through the copious notes in the journal to write out the story as it happened day by day and will put it up when I am finished rehashing the adventure.  I find that the emotions since October 25th have been overwhelming at times and the exhaustion it causes is debilitating.

Was the event a hoax?  No.  The US Coast Guard had our gps positions that supported a slowly sailed course, (NOT ADRIFT), due to rigging problems with newly installed rigging, prior to the US Navy contacting the media. 

Do I think the public has been snockered by a twenty something with an axe to grind?  Yes.  Does that give me license to pursue action against the media that continued to purport false information about me?  Let’s look at some facts in just one article to determine the litmus of the argument.  Sorry for the long post, I am going to copy and paste the ENTIRE article and accept or refute each statement line by line.  I figure if I do not do this – nobody will know the truth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5063707/Bungling-yachtswoman-kinky-sailor-dominatrix.html

EXCLUSIVE: Truth about the bungling yachtswomen 'lost at sea for five months' - one was crash-prone 'kinky sailor' who paid for trip by working as a dominatrix - and the other had never sailed at all (and now they're planning to write a book)

Jennifer Appel, 48, and Tasha Fuiava, 27, say they were lost at sea for months before being rescued by the US Navy 900 miles off the coast of Japan on October 25

FALSE – we were not lost at sea, Tasha is not 27

The women said that they set out from Honolulu on a 50ft sailboat called the Sea Nymph on May 3 but a series of conflicting claims have been made since, causing confusion about their story

FALSE – I did not make conflicting claims.  Our story of the events have been the same, however, the media has chosen to pick and choose what to publish and when making the story appear to change.

Now DailyMailTV can reveal that Appel was a self styled 'kinky sailor' who set off from Hawaii in an 'unseaworthy' yacht after paying for the trip by working as a dominatrix and an exotic dancer

FALSE – worked in architecture – applejacks housing hawaii

Appel was also an erotic novelist, a landscape architect and organic farmer. The petite blonde had a history of maritime catastrophes as she crashed her first boat, the FSOW, in an accident in January 2012

FALSE – I was not at the helm for the incident

She had a motorbike accident in her early twenties that broke nearly every bone in her body and 'affected the judgment part of her brain', according to her younger boyfriend Roman Kalinowski, 27

FALSE – misleading statement of events, over a period of years racing, I broke nearly every bone but not all at once AND Roman Kalinowski is not a boyfriend
No actual medical documentation supports RK’s opinion that my judgment or brain has been impaired

A friend of Appel, who asked not to be named, said of her: 'She's not very bright – very ditzy and not very grounded. 'When I saw what happened to her, I wasn't surprised – she's never been very organized'

MISLEADING STATEMENT - Not sure about someone who refuses to be named – this could be entirely made up to facilitate the story line

Fuiava, who has never sailed before, decided to join Appel 'on a whim' after the two met only a few days before they left. A man who lived near her said she lost nearly half of her 250lb body weight at sea

FALSE – Fuiava met Appel in December 2016.  The trip did not start until May 2017. 

One of the two women found drifting 5,000 miles off course in the South Pacific was a self styled 'kinky sailor' who set off from Hawaii in an 'unseaworthy' yacht after paying for the trip by working as a dominatrix, DailyMailTV can exclusively disclose.

FALSE – as stated above

Jennifer Appel, 48, had been heading to Tahiti in French Polynesia to start a new life accompanied by Tasha Fuiava, 27, when the voyage went wrong.

FALSE – we were not moving to Tahiti – not sure where that came from

The women claimed they had been hit by a storm just after leaving port and then drifted helplessly for months as passing ships ignored their distress calls, before being picked up at the end of October by the USS Ashland 900 miles south of Japan.

FALSE – never stated that we were drifting helplessly for months

Those claims came under scrutiny when it was revealed that the 'storm' they said damaged their ship had never happened, and they failed to use an emergency beacon which would have alerted rescuers to their exact position.

MISLEADING STATEMENT – there was a storm, we did not need to use an epirb for a floating boat with food, water and limited navigational ability

On NBC's Today show on Wednesday, the pair admitted to being in contact with the coastguard after the ‘storm’ but said they had  decided to press on anyway and shrugged off Matt Lauer as he pointed out that 

FIRST TRUE STATEMENT in this article

They spoke at length and made a series of new claims which only served to heighten confusion about what actually happened.

FALSE – these were not new claims – they were just not presented in the initial media representation

Now DailyMailTV can reveal just how unprepared they were - and how far from being a skilled sailor, Appel's experience included spells as an erotic novelist, professional dominatrix and exotic dancer, as well as a landscape architect and organic farmer.

FALSE – “unprepared” given the length of time we did not request assistance

Friends told DailyMailTV that Appel now plans to turn her experience into a book - perhaps aptly, as one of her two erotic novels featured threesomes and same-sex couplings on a yacht.

FALSE – “Friends” is a bit of a stretch.  I may write a book about the entire experience, the sailing being only about half of the story but I still have not decided yet.

Appel and Fuiva had only known each other for a week when the Texas-born former landscape architect persuaded the 250lb Samoan security guard, who is 21 years her junior, to join her for the cruise to the South Pacific.

FALSE – as stated above

Friends in Hawaii said Appel hoped to start a new organic farm in French Polynesia, while Fuiava came along for the ride on 'a whim'.

FALSE – no plans for such endeavors

But while Appel had made short trips around the coasts of Oahu and Kauai, Fuiava, a former student at the University of Hawaii, had zero sailing experience.

PARTIALLY TRUE and MISLEADING STATEMENT – Tasha had no sailing experience but this failed to note Maui, Lanai, Koolawe also

And DailyMailTV can reveal that Appel had a history of maritime catastrophes: she acquired the Sea Nymph last year having written off her first boat, the FSOW, in an accident in January 2012.

FALSE – Sea Nymph was purchased in January 2015

Photographs obtained by DailyMailTV show the fate the FSOW suffered when Appel took it out in stormy seas - ending up smashed on the rocks at Magic Island, which sits at the western end of the famous Wakiki Beach.

FALSE – it was not stormy, look at the blue sky in the photograph

Appel had a male passenger and her dog Valentine on board for the doomed trip, which was made to test a new outboard engine purchased for an earlier attempt at an epic ocean crossing.

FALSE – Valentine is only 2.5 years old and was not yet born in 2012

Her much younger ex-boyfriend, Roman Kalinowski, 26, a DJ and professional blackjack player from Honolulu who dated Appel between 2011 and 2014, told DailyMailTV: 'Pretty much what happened is she bought a new outboard motor because she was preparing to go on a longer journey back then and she chose probably the worst day ever to test it out.

I ACQUIESCE – that statement does not make sense considering the actual facts of the event for which Kalinowski was not present

He continued: 'There was surf swell of maybe like 10ft or so – three or four meters just coming up the channel, big ass waves. She thought that would be a great day to test it out and then of course the motor dies as soon as she's in the channel and then one or two big waves and bam, her boat's right on the reef.

I ACQUIESCE – that statement does not make sense considering the actual facts of the event for which Kalinowski was not present

'She really was [lucky not to get hurt]. She had her dog on the boat too and another guy who was helping her sail and yeah, it's a miracle that none of them got hurt. But the boat was totally destroyed.'

I ACQUIESCE – that statement does not make sense considering the actual facts of the event for which Kalinowski was not present. 

Clifford Inn, of the State of Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources, said: 'She was on what we call a buoy run [to check the vessel is seaworthy] and it ran aground. It was a total loss.'

TRUE STATEMENT

It was more than just a lost boat to Appel, who had been living on the FSOW which she moored at the pretty Ala Wai Harbor in Honolulu.

TRUE STATEMENT

Appel, who was born and raised in Houston, Texas, moved to Hawaii in 2008.

FALSE – moving year is wrong, I was born in Manhattan, NY.

The 5ft 3in blonde went on to hold down a series of jobs in her home city, but wrote off a motorbike in her early twenties in a crash that broke nearly every bone in her body and, Kalinowski said, 'affected the judgment part of her brain'.

MISLEADING STATEMENT – I graduated from college and started my own design/build business that was incredibly successful.  It was an Aggie 100.  I was never employed other than as contract labor to another firm.  During the course of my life, I have owned more than 30 different street motorcycles not including the ones I raced in the 1980’s, 1990’s or 2000’s.  Kalinowski’s statement is a statement of opinion, not fact.

She would later work as a landscape architect and a skydiving instructor, and penned her first novel, The Original Niagara Falls Angel Falls: The Nephilim Stories Part One, in 2005 – re-released in a 'revised' edition in 2011.

TRUE STATEMENT

Written under the name LJ Leppa - her last name and initials written backwards - she described it as a distillation of her online dating experiences and her quest to 'find a possible mate or at least a person who would want to have fun sharing time well-spent together'.

TRUE STATEMENT

In the introduction, Appel, who holds a degree in landscape architecture from Texas A&M University, called herself 'a cougar who has been engaged four times but never married'.

TRUE STATEMENT

The book also includes a number of sultry photographs, among them one that shows semi-naked Appel spanking another woman and a second that depicts her totally naked and straddling a motorbike.

TRUE STATEMENT

Along with a smattering of autobiographical detail, including the claim that she was sexually abused by a neighbor growing up, most of the content is sex in a variety of locations – among them Hawaii, Orlando and Koh Samui.

TRUE STATEMENT - Your fantasy is my actual life

Some of the steamier scenes feature 50 Shades of Gray style bondage and domination, lesbian sex and graphic depictions of threesomes with married couples and younger lovers.

TRUE STATEMENT - The book referred to came out before 50 Shades of Gray

A typical paragraph reads: 'He bound her wrists and told her to submit. After he finished kissing her from head to toe and causing several gushing orgasms, he untied her wrists and laid her on the bed. Now it was her turn.'

FALSE – that excerpt was from a different book and the passage was not written by me, credit was given to the author for their part

Despite her literary hopes of success, the loss of the FSOW in 2012 meant a destitute Appel was briefly forced to sleep on friends' sofas.

PARTIALLY TRUE – not destitute, depressed and not interested in leasing an apartment on land

After running out of spare rooms, she moved in with Kalinowski at his family's Wakiki apartment for a few months but moved back to her native Houston, Texas, for almost a year after his disapproving mother asked her to leave.

MISLEADING STATEMENT – did move in with Kalinowski at his request; went to Houston when a family member died, was only there two months

On her return, in 2013, she was forced to rely on food stamps to survive after a second business, AppelJacks Housing, also failed to take off – as did a third: an organic farm in a remote part of Oahu.

MISLEADING STATEMENT with misrepresented facts, returned to Hawaii after the family situation in 2012, AppleJacks Housing Hawaii was viable in 2014 when the second organic farm was dissolved

That business, Jenn's Organic Farm & Garden, saw her spend over a year living in a tent on a half-acre plot squeezed between larger farms in Kunia Camp.

TRUE yet MISLEADING STATEMENT – the USDA Certified Organic Farm certified by ICS International was sandwiched between Syngenta and Monsanto owned property – a feat no one else has been able to duplicate.  Also the first to legally grow certified organic marijuana.  At this time, both Syngenta and Monsanto have sold their interests in the Kunia Research Facility so I don’t think anyone else will get a chance to prove they can duplicate the OG efforts.  While the Daily Mail article makes living in a tent seem dishonorable, in Hawaii on an on-farm enterprise, farmers do stay on property to protect their interests.  Since I did not own the property, it did not make sense to build significant structural improvements to the parcel.

Although still in a 'polyamorous relationship' with Kalinowinski, she was joined for part of it by Damon Ackerman, a 50-year-old therapist who was not dating Appel and who now lives in Kona on Hawaii's Big Island.

FALSE – I don’t even know how those three thoughts go together… or have relevance to anything

Close friend Matthew Sorensen, 34, told DailyMail.com: 'It was a little farm in Kunia growing arugula and kale and stuff. She was really into conservation and cultural preservation out here. Not just the environment but culture as well.'

I DO NOT KNOW Matthew Sorensen.

Appel's interest in the environment later led her to become obsessed with the Fukushima nuclear disaster, regularly measuring radiation in the land on her farm, which she then blogged about via her YouTube channel.

TRUE – rather than be an ostrich about radiation, I looked into creating nourishing food to remove bodily toxins created by radiation.  People survived Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Chernobyl and it was due to healthy food.  The science exists.  Putting it into practice is harder to come by in the US.

Her obsession with Fukushima also led her to become increasingly concerned about the food she ate, for a time eschewing rice grown after the disaster for fear of contamination.

TRUE STATEMENT - There is a faction of the country that believes radiation induced cancer has merit.  After working in hospital architecture for a period of years, I also believe this to be true.  Scientific factoid: Cancer cannot grow in an environment where the pH is 7.0 or higher. 

'I remember one time she found bugs in her rice store on her boat,' ex-lover Kalinowinski told DailyMail.com.

WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

'Rather than chuck the rice and get a new bag, she went through the rice for a few weeks picking out the bugs because the rice was grown before the Fukushima nuclear meltdown. She was convinced that any new rice was bad and radioactive.'

TRUE STATEMENT – rice grown in Thailand post 2011 that I have tested is more radioactive than pre-2011 rice grown in Thailand.  However, my data has led me to believe ‘fuel fleas’ regulate all things over time except pure O2.

FALSE – I doubt I spent weeks “picking out bugs”, it only took a short time to determine what was safe to salvage, the rest was composted, but what an odd thing to say about someone.

Appel's literary efforts were not enough to save her farm and by the end of 2015, it was no longer in business and Appel moved back to Honolulu – leaving a string of unpaid bills behind her

FALSE – the novellas were done long before the farm – these two things have nothing to do with each other, the farm bills were paid

Appel also found time to write an even raunchier follow-up to her erotic literary debut, this time setting the action on the high seas.

MISLEADING STATEMENT – the two novellas are mutually exclusive

The plot follows sailor Tad as he engages in a whirlwind romance with dominatrix LJ and her 'slave' Laurie.

'LJ and Laurie were leaning their backs against a mid-cabin bulkhead while they kissed, fingered ... each other. The growing steel c*** raged at the sight of them. He felt like his heart would explode in excitement.'

TRUE - If one reads the prologue it explains the ‘book’.  The odd number chapters were written by a guy who wanted to meet me and the even number chapters by me.  This excerpt comes from a ‘guy’ perspective.

Although still available to purchase online, Appel's literary efforts were not enough to save her farm and by the end of 2015, it was no longer in business with Ackerman relocating to the Big Island and Appel moving back to Honolulu – leaving a string of unpaid bills behind her.

FALSE - The novellas had nothing to do with supporting the farm.  Ackerman was not a partner in the farm, he offered to handle the Facebook aspect.  What unpaid bills is the reporter referring to?  The only person who has volunteered a request for money has been Kalinowsi.

Kalinowinski, who split up with Appel at the start of 2014, said: 'When she returned to the island in 2013, she started living in a tent on a half-acre of agricultural land in Kunia.

Answered above.  Interesting that a person who reportedly “split up… in 2014” would still harbor naked pictures of me and be willing to divulge them to a tabloid in 2017.  Don’t healthy people move on and stop looking at pictures from old relationships?

'I misjudged the value of her patent [for the green roof design] and paid for the land rental for almost a year in the hopes that she would be able to reimburse me for previous rent.

'She eventually gave up on trying to sell that patent, and no income came from this, but she owes me around $9,000 for slip rent and the land rental.'