• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Hugh Jorgan

Two sailors and dogs rescued after 5 months

9 hours ago, longy said:

Clean has also said he's got stuff.

Maybe his and hers photographs of them hanging from the ceiling together?? :unsure:

9 hours ago, longy said:

Clean has also said he's got stuff.

Maybe his and hers photographs of them hanging from the ceiling together?? :unsure:

3 hours ago, mad said:

Could be - he's had very little to say about this fiasco after the "interview".

3 hours ago, mad said:

30 minutes ago, longy said:

our youse sayeng he is smitten with thisse niew kitten?

10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Had stuff. They smoked it.

HWSNBN, Nicole, Reid, Hot Rod, Rimas, Appel... they're all on something and you'd have to take some yourself to ever consider interviewing them.

18 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

rMaybe he just spaced out and can't remember what they talked about.......

of they paid him not to publish.

What, she paid him out of the GoFundMe account?  I think it would take more than 5 bucks to shut Clean up. 

Maybe he took it out in trade.

2 minutes ago, Whisper said:

If so, I think he would have to change his name.  It can’t be clean.

Thanks for putting that thought in my head before I go to bed.  Bastard.

I think Alan Block washed his hands of this affair for several reasons:

• Many hours of interviewing revealed little new, except for an admission that "Force 11" and "killer sharks" was inaccurate, and that Appel is hysteric.  Block is more of a live interview reporter, not a "dig through records" type.
  • Somehow Linus Wilson, who copyrights everything on his website and plays the legal system like a harpsichord made Block skittish concerning libel/copyright lawsuits, of which he suffered a horrible one at the hands of D. M. Maieyers{deliberately spelled wrong}.  So Block  defensively deleted an interesting thread, and has been a mouse concerning this story ever since.
  • Appel also has been making not so veiled threats concerning legal action against anybody and everybody who worked on her boat, or libelled her in the UK media for starters. Pretty unlikely she's got the coin to do so, but you never know, some lawyer may may take up a case on  a contingency basis.
  • The voyage of the Sea Nymph is no longer news, no media coverage  in the last two weeks except that the nude motorbike photos were sponsorship promotions for her racing hobby, decades ago.  

Block doesn't ride dead horses; his sector is the racing scene, so he's moved on.

1 hour ago, soak_ed said:

What, she paid him out of the GoFundMe account?  I think it would take more than 5 bucks to shut Clean up. 

Maybe he took it out in trade.

Talk about trade deficit..

• Like 2

17 hours ago, longy said:

He's said plenty but it's been in a "between the lines" sort of way. There's a huge component of "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." But he's dropped plenty of hints in this thread about how he feels about the whole mishegoss.

6 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

He's said plenty but it's been in a "between the lines" sort of way. There's a huge component of "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." But he's dropped plenty of hints in this thread about how he feels about the whole mishegoss.

Probably the most accurate use of a yiddish word I've seen since my great granny died 30 years ago.  A+ for spelling it right too.

21 hours ago, axolotl said:

I think Alan Block washed his hands of this affair for several reasons:

• Many hours of interviewing revealed little new, except for an admission that "Force 11" and "killer sharks" was inaccurate, and that Appel is hysteric.  Block is more of a live interview reporter, not a "dig through records" type.
  • Somehow Linus Wilson, who copyrights everything on his website and plays the legal system like a harpsichord made Block skittish concerning libel/copyright lawsuits, of which he suffered a horrible one at the hands of D. M. Maieyers{deliberately spelled wrong}.  So Block  defensively deleted an interesting thread, and has been a mouse concerning this story ever since.
  • Appel also has been making not so veiled threats concerning legal action against anybody and everybody who worked on her boat, or libelled her in the UK media for starters. Pretty unlikely she's got the coin to do so, but you never know, some lawyer may may take up a case on  a contingency basis.
  • The voyage of the Sea Nymph is no longer news, no media coverage  in the last two weeks except that the nude motorbike photos were sponsorship promotions for her racing hobby, decades ago.  

Block doesn't ride dead horses; his sector is the racing scene, so he's moved on.

Dead as dead can be.

Allan interviewed these kooks as they puffed a "J", and it is what it is.

I don't see this thread with anymore traction, so I'm signing off.

She got her 15 minutes of fame.

See Ya Bitches, dead horse has been beaten to death.

At this point, this shit is a joke.............

11 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

I'e noticed that when folks quit something, it's not enuf to fade away. They usually leave with a hearty high ho fuck you.

And check in for the next couple of days to see if anyone noticed.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ishmael said:

And check in for the next couple of days to see if anyone noticed.

Huh, what happened?  Somebody got triggered and had to share the outrage?  Yawn.

2 hours ago, Autonomous said:

Dearth with dignity is a lie.

Agreed. Death is just that. Dignity or ANYTHING else is stuff we make up.

9 hours ago, soak_ed said:

There has definitely  been a dearth of dignity latley.  

I've noticed a plethora of prickishness on PA.

5 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

I've noticed a plethora of prickishness on PA.

Huh?:o  Prickishness on PA? :huh: What else is new!! :P

18 hours ago, soak_ed said:

There has definitely  been a dearth of dignity latley.  

Dignity has no place in this thread, considering the subject, i.e., the bender of Q-Tips.

Jennifer's disappeared and I'm feeling sorry for her, no visible means of support, one would assume all her dough sunk into the Sea Nymph, "lucrative" sod roof landscape architect door closed, organic farm a financial dud.  I want to help.  If she's lurking here she should  check out Second Life where she may be able to reinvigorate her dominatrix-coach (?) operation with little to no capital outlay assuming her dungeon (which I guess was in the basement of a Hawaiian friend's house) is still available.

jennifer.thumb.jpg.2f030e215f356e7a828b15cbe7c76490.jpg

Happy Holidays Jennifer!

All the bumping up posts, rehashing slutty little past experiences, posting the same old pixilated dominatrix beaver shots hoping to instigate a reaction after everything is already dead is just a futile attempt at resurrecting the DEAD.  Crazy Girl had her 15 minutes...

Let it go...

26 minutes ago, thereefgeek said:

All the bumping up posts, rehashing slutty little past experiences, posting the same old pixilated dominatrix beaver shots hoping to instigate a reaction after everything is already dead is just a futile attempt at resurrecting the DEAD.  Crazy Girl had her 15 minutes...

Let it go...

Nice bump.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Team Subterfuge said:

And what happened to the GPS plot Clean had some expert working on?

It showed a weird heart shape in the middle of the ocean.

• Like 1

SeaSlut.jpg.9eb8dcfa0e08e631861a698b76fbaf45.jpg

There aint shit in that file.  Just 3 days from Oct 23, 2017 to Oct 25, 2017.  And some Hawaii points from 2018.  Useless and proves nothing.  3 days...

22 minutes ago, DrewR said:

SeaSlut.jpg.9eb8dcfa0e08e631861a698b76fbaf45.jpg

There aint shit in that file.  Just 3 days from Oct 23, 2017 to Oct 25, 2017.  And some Hawaii points from 2018.  Useless and proves nothing.  3 days...

Yep. That's all that was on it, including the sd card.  Maybe they didn't even turn it on until they were on the warship

19 hours ago, thereefgeek said:

Let it go...

There are?? someone please tell me more!

16 minutes ago, hobot said:

There are?? someone please tell me more!

Knock yourself out.  I think she has two pages of videos at this link.  She posted it in the other thread to explain her “Bending Q-Tips” screen name.  No pixelation here.

https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/35347/speedqueen08/Cat0-AllCategories/Page2/DisplayOrder-asc/Limit10

20 hours ago, thereefgeek said:

Theire wase a prolbem. We tride do evreythinge we coud. :You no what I meane. Shese gone, and we coudentte do northing abote it.

Geez, ummm...thanks Whisper, just a skosh more information than I was anticipating.

4 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Yep. That's all that was on it, including the sd card.  Maybe they didn't even turn it on until they were on the warship

Au contraire my friend!  The GPS track timestamps shows the second by second track of the Sea Nymph  during the last three days of their voyage, a wealth of confusion:ge.thumb.jpg.e5731813f6f4c794b0e8e827167f8d65.jpg

Here's what we know:

• Appel was rescued on the 25th.
  • Appel had been towed for 24 hours and had requested a tow to Midway Island (Atoll).
  • Midway Island is 1,400 miles East of where Appel was rescued.
  • Appel said the Navy was given coordinates that were 60 miles off of their actual rescue location which delayed the rescue.
  • "the sailors were spotted by a Taiwanese fishing boat, which called the Coast Guard in Guam and began to tow them."

It appears from the track that the Sea Nymph was under sail (based on her meandering course) averaging 3.7kn heading west from  prior to 10/23-10/24  when @02:35Z she abruptly headed N for about 2 miles, then proceeded East on a steady course as if under tow for the next 24 hours or so at an average speed of 3kn for about 60 miles, then abruptly began drifting North for a while until rescued.

One could conjecture that the fishing vessel reported the Sea Nymph's location upon discovery around  02:35Z 10/24.  The tow probably was more like 4kn which meant after 15 hours or so  the Sea Nymph was cast off to drift north for several hours, about 4 miles before rescue.  That would explain the 60 mile error in her position initially reported to the Navy.

Here's the Official Navy chronology: 

On Oct. 24, they were discovered 900 miles southeast of Japan by a Taiwanese fishing vessel. The fishing vessel contacted Coast Guard Sector Guam who then coordinated with Taipei Rescue Coordination Center, the Japan Coordination Center, and the Joint Coordination Center in Honolulu to render assistance.

Operating near the area on a routine deployment, Ashland made best speed to the location of the vessel in the early morning on Oct. 25 and arrived on scene at 10:30 a.m that morning. After assessing the sailboat unseaworthy, Ashland crew members brought the distressed mariners and their two dogs aboard the ship at 1:18 p.m.

Here's a blowup of the encounter with the fishing vessel:

2.thumb.jpg.eafb716a3a179dbcab1c5dd17eba3268.jpg

40 minutes ago, hobot said:

Geez, ummm...thanks Whisper, just a skosh more information than I was anticipating wantned to see.

Adgreede, the unbleadhed bittes our disturbeng.

2 hours ago, axolotl said:

Au contraire my friend!  The GPS track timestamps shows the second by second track of the Sea Nymph  during the last three days of their voyage, a wealth of confusion:ge.thumb.jpg.e5731813f6f4c794b0e8e827167f8d65.jpg

Here's what we know:

• Appel was rescued on the 25th.
  • Appel had been towed for 24 hours and had requested a tow to Midway Island (Atoll).
  • Midway Island is 1,400 miles East of where Appel was rescued.
  • Appel said the Navy was given coordinates that were 60 miles off of their actual rescue location which delayed the rescue.
  • "the sailors were spotted by a Taiwanese fishing boat, which called the Coast Guard in Guam and began to tow them."

It appears from the track that the Sea Nymph was under sail (based on her meandering course) averaging 3.7kn heading west from  prior to 10/23-10/24  when @02:35Z she abruptly headed N for about 2 miles, then proceeded East on a steady course as if under tow for the next 24 hours or so at an average speed of 3kn for about 60 miles, then abruptly began drifting North for a while until rescued.

One could conjecture that the fishing vessel reported the Sea Nymph's location upon discovery around  02:35Z 10/24.  The tow probably was more like 4kn which meant after 15 hours or so  the Sea Nymph was cast off to drift north for several hours, about 4 miles before rescue.  That would explain the 60 mile error in her position initially reported to the Navy.

Here's the Official Navy chronology: 

On Oct. 24, they were discovered 900 miles southeast of Japan by a Taiwanese fishing vessel. The fishing vessel contacted Coast Guard Sector Guam who then coordinated with Taipei Rescue Coordination Center, the Japan Coordination Center, and the Joint Coordination Center in Honolulu to render assistance.

Operating near the area on a routine deployment, Ashland made best speed to the location of the vessel in the early morning on Oct. 25 and arrived on scene at 10:30 a.m that morning. After assessing the sailboat unseaworthy, Ashland crew members brought the distressed mariners and their two dogs aboard the ship at 1:18 p.m.

Here's a blowup of the encounter with the fishing vessel:

2.thumb.jpg.eafb716a3a179dbcab1c5dd17eba3268.jpg

So much for the warp speed tow.

And, if I were a Taiwanese rapist/murderer, the first thing I would do is notify the Coast Guard to let them know these specimens are alive and well before I slice them and dice them.

Is there anything left to their story?

19 minutes ago, Whisper said:

The bending Q tips claim appears to be true...

52 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Yes. 

After hooking up to the tow, the Taiwanese towboat made several course changes to the northwest early on in the tow, then settled down into an easterly direction for the remainder of the tow.   Why?

The Navy vessel after several hours of contact with the Sea Nymph apparently declared the vessel unseaworthy, who made that decision and why?

Where is the Sea Nymph now and where will she drift?  Given that she was afloat and seaworthy with no sails aloft and all through hulls bunged with solar panels powering the bilge pumps it could be months or years before she washes ashore.  It could be predicting her course will provide some conjectural entertainment.

12 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1mNBy-PJDVTblC1Jil3hKVE1fxfdlLYTo?usp=sharing

Everything that was on the GPS

Doesn't seem to be much there but you navgeniuses have at it

Yep.

That's the Garmin handhelds I know. Unless there's a secret NSA mode none of know about, they don't store much.

7 hours ago, Whisper said:

Knock yourself out.  I think she has two pages of videos at this link.  She posted it in the other thread to explain her “Bending Q-Tips” screen name.  No pixelation here.

https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/35347/speedqueen08/Cat0-AllCategories/Page2/DisplayOrder-asc/Limit10

She does take pretty good care of her assets. I'd give her a solid "8" on the Hot scale and a solid "10+" on the cra-cra scale.

hot_crazy_X_801px.png.01db5786eeb2ee5e4a19f3f4396fd87a.png

Looks like Appel's planning on firing up her sod roofing business,  partly out of her compassion for hurricane Harvey victims:

Jan 6th:

I've been hoping to find someone who needs help remodeling their hurricane Harvey flooded home to make a formal pitch... But I will make this an open letter instead.

Be Smart When You Fix the Pain

I feel for people who have lost their home or been inconvenienced by natural disasters. I've been in their shoes.

What's different between me and most people rebuilding from a disaster is the universally green design principles I utilize to not just rebuild, but make my life and living space healthier, more energy efficient, peaceful and more valuable.

I'd like to start a consulting business for homeowners, builders, contractors and design professionals so my knowledge and experience can benefit others.

Most problems I see are related to insufficient insulation, toxic chemicals in paint, floor coverings or furniture and inefficient lighting.

While these things make people sick, miss work or fun stuff and cost more in utility bills, they are super easy to fix.

Beyond that... Lots of windows are energy inefficient and they allow for excessive indoor heat gain in the summer... Racking up heavy cooling bills and overworking an air conditioner or conversely allowing heat loss in the winter and requiring more heating.

(In Hawaii, thermal windows actually require more cooling than single pane... So knowing what to use and where can make a huge difference.)

If a house flooded and windows need replacing, sometimes an addition or bay window with storage and bench seating is a proper update that can increase flow and property value.

I've been in too many houses with incorrect ventilation. This could be inefficient or insufficient or incorrectly placed vents. A quick look at the ductwork can often expose where improvements can be made with negligible and recoverable expense.

People miss energy efficient appliances or pick ones with super high watt requirements that are completely unnecessary. High watt appliances usually don't perform any better than their lower watt usage counterparts, which in many cases are less expensive to purchase.

On the outside: roofs should get AGR green roof so they are energy efficient and will probably never need to be replaced. Starting around $25 per square foot, they usually pay for themselves in less than 20 years (new roof plus one replacement usually spends more), with the additional energy savings and potential additional tax breaks available, often the green roofs have an even better ROI. 10# per square foot AGR green roofs can be retrofit on almost any residential roof and they have been proven to help reduce flood events by retaining rain, plus what comes off is significantly less polluted. Gutters, properly designed and installed rain chains and drainage as water features can also have a positive impact on foundation stability, mold growth on the building exterior and resale value.

A great landscape can improve energy efficiency and sell a property before the buyer enters the property. I've done this for many clients during the almost 20 years I was in professional practice. A bad landscape can fail a foundation, cause water to come inside, destroy wood floors, crack walls, cause toxic mold and ruin curb appeal or resale value.

For example, I watched a flip or flop on HGTV and in show #1 the landscaper proudly put nandina by the door. In show #2 the renovator bought the flip house and had the ugly bushy overgrowth cut out. Guess what mature plant was removed by the landscaper at house #2? Nandina.

If you are going to spend some money, at least do it smart.

While there are lots of solar restrictions, there are not many for wind power. I like both wind and solar and have had great experiences with both. Storage batteries don't blow up when properly placed. I.e.: not in confined areas with little air flow. In my experience, putting batteries in a wall or closet is a recipe for disaster whether it is on a boat or a single family residence.

These are just a few initial thoughts.

I have so much experience living off-grid and picking items based on health, ease of use and high efficiency that I know what I have learned can benefit others who would rather keep their hard earned money instead of using it for utility and health bills.

AGR Green Roof... Like sleeping under your grandmother's quilt

Applejacks Housing Hawaii... Emergency shelters, tiny houses that scale as you need it.

1 hour ago, Windward said:

Single pane windows out-perform double pane windows in Hawaii?

"(In Hawaii, thermal windows actually require more cooling than single pane... So knowing what to use and where can make a huge difference.)"

WTF!?!?  That makes no sense whatsoever!  But, given prevailing sea breezes, I would think the benefit on cooling savings to be minimal there of thermal over single?

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

"(In Hawaii, thermal windows actually require more cooling than single pane... So knowing what to use and where can make a huge difference.)"

WTF!?!?  That makes no sense whatsoever!  But, given prevailing sea breezes, I would think the benefit on cooling savings to be minimal there of thermal over single?

I dislike participating in thread drift, but the laws of physics are even obeyed in Hawaii:

Hawaiian Windows

35 minutes ago, axolotl said:

I dislike participating in thread drift, but the laws of physics are even obeyed in Hawaii:

Hawaiian Windows

Nothing she’s said about sailing, navigation, communications, her boat, depth of harbors, distress signals, Taiwanese fishermen, shark behavior, ocean currents, meteorology, or anything else has made any sense.

Why should she start making sense now?  If she were any good at her business ventures, wouldn’t she still be able to support herself?

GoFundMe isn’t doing much for her.

29 minutes ago, Whisper said:

That's for a libel lawsuit against the press, not an income source.

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

Nothing she’s said about sailing, navigation, communications, her boat, depth of harbors, distress signals, Taiwanese fishermen, shark behavior, ocean currents, meteorology, or anything else has made any sense.

Why should she start making sense now?  If she were any good at her business ventures, wouldn’t she still be able to support herself?

Good.

5 hours ago, Windward said:

Single pane windows out-perform double pane windows in Hawaii?

I had a WTF moment there as well. As much as I like environmentally friendly ideas, not sure I’d hire this ding bat when such simple things elude her. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Where does this apply as “8” on the hot scale??

394D6911-C7BF-4117-AE4E-4B6268AA6B48.jpeg

Shit that reminds me. I must get to the mail box. Thanks.

6 hours ago, axolotl said:

. I like both wind and solar and have had great experiences with both.

Particularly those force 11 winds.