Hugh Jorgan

Two sailors and dogs rescued after 5 months

20 minutes ago, Great White said:

I think she said that she pounded bungs into the thru hulls from underwater. She also commented about water coming in when they were towed. Water could be coming in thru the stuffing box or deck leaks. Interesting that the boom was reported broken. Could it have been rolled? Or just wear and tear from rolling?

Yeah, gooseneck broken off.  Spreader looks just fine tho... Hatch appears to be wide open.  

1 hour ago, frozenhawaiian said:

shitbags boat still floating, still a hazard to navigation so much for "24 hour from sinking" fucking idiot.

I dointe remebber "24hrs frome sicking" I thouht she eclaimed the ywerre "24hrs frome dyeng".  I coude be rongue.

2 hours ago, frozenhawaiian said:

shitbags boat still floating, still a hazard to navigation so much for "24 hour from sinking" fucking idiot.

Nah she's too busy fixing dishonesty in the media or some shit. 

• Like 1

She should be made to pay the cost of going and getting POS off the ocean.

4 hours ago, Great White said:

I think she said that she pounded bungs into the thru hulls from underwater. She also commented about water coming in when they were towed. Water could be coming in thru the stuffing box or deck leaks. Interesting that the boom was reported broken. Could it have been rolled? Or just wear and tear from rolling?

the companionway hatch is open. That alone should be enough with an occasional squall for the thing to take on water, roll, take on some more. I wonder if she bunged the bilge outlet too. In any case, yeah the rig is still up so maybe she owes the rigger a little apology. Boom wasn't lashed and the sail was still on it, so with the rolling, the gooseneck probably broke. Looks like the boom has a decent chance of punching a hole through the hull if it's not hitting the part she reinforced.

No matter how you slice it it was irresponsible to neither scuttle it nor protect it for future salvage - I mean, you couldn't pull the companionway closed?

Just stupid and a waste. I'm glad TTTOP saw it during daylight - they weren't that far away from it and it probably wouldn't have shown up on radar.

6 hours ago, southerncross said:

Seems to be going just as well without the motor mouthed clusterfuck on boat.

• Like 2

Ain't  it great we can get hi-rez drone footage of SEA NYMPH by a passing by major  OTW race boat (named  "Turn the Tide on Plastic", YCMTSU) months after she was abandoned?  What are the odds of that?  Here's what I observed should have been done:

• Hatch open as noted above.  Really dumb.
  • Sails furled on forestay and boom; really dumb.  Store all hamper down below, including disconnecting the boom and put it below.
  • Solar power panels and wind generator still operational, should have been (had been?) shunted to the bilge pump(s) & battery charger.
  • Unplug the (allegedly) bunged cockpit drains & bilge seacocks.  Seal all ventilation deck penetrations.
  • Get all the junk off the deck, bow anchor, dinghy(s), etc., preferably overboard.
  • Drain all FW & fuel tanks overboard (not visible).
  • Hoist the vessel not under command shapes on a halyard, and if the solar/wind power electrics were working, two red lights in the rigging, if available (unlikely) or at least the normal underway lights, or at the very least the anchor light.
  • Jettison all heavy crap, including doors, tables, toilet(s), ship's stores, etc., and assuming the pumps are energized all light stuff that can get down into the bilge and clog the pumps (books, bedding, cushions, clothes, dunnage, etc.).  Essentially strip the boat.  . 
  • Lock the rudder amidships (not visible). 

Appel had plenty o' time to button up this boat for a long ghost ship voyage, what with daylight, light weather conditions and a crowd of bored Navy guys willing to do the grunt work.  It appears in spite of less than bristol abandon ship preparations and claimed imminent  rig failure and/or water intrusion problems the SEA NYMPH has fared well over the last few months but her bow down trim does not bode well for the next month or two's survival.  

There's been lots of conjecture about how crappy a Starratt&Jenks 45 is, but this one seems to be doing yeoman's duty as a ghost ship, in spite of an alleged 6+ tons of fiberglass & steel(?) reinforcement (according to Appel) which I suspect only reduced freeboard.  Now that the SEA NYMPH's position is known will Appel mount a recovery effort?  I think the odds are close to zero.

I'm so amazed that TTOP found the sea nymph. Also amazed that she's still afloat with that shit job of abandoning. Sturdy vessel, knows how to avoid reefs all on her own to boot! A shame that she's been left to ghost.

19 minutes ago, TonyFromSheepsheadBay said:

I bet Ajax already sent her gofundme $50!

Aw dammit! He got her another case of qtips! 

6 hours ago, axolotl said:

Ain't  it great we can get hi-rez drone footage of SEA NYMPH...

[a laundry list of items that an EXPERIENCED sailor would have done]

...close to zero.

How can Man-Hands be expected to button up the boat when she can't even button up her own mouth?

Another fractal mistake...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, axolotl said:

Ain't  it great we can get hi-rez drone footage of SEA NYMPH by a passing by major  OTW race boat (named  "Turn the Tide on Plastic", YCMTSU) months after she was abandoned?  What are the odds of that?  Here's what I observed should have been done:

• Hatch open as noted above.  Really dumb.
  • Sails furled on forestay and boom; really dumb.  Store all hamper down below, including disconnecting the boom and put it below.
  • Solar power panels and wind generator still operational, should have been (had been?) shunted to the bilge pump(s) & battery charger.
  • Unplug the (allegedly) bunged cockpit drains & bilge seacocks.  Seal all ventilation deck penetrations.
  • Get all the junk off the deck, bow anchor, dinghy(s), etc., preferably overboard.
  • Drain all FW & fuel tanks overboard (not visible).
  • Hoist the vessel not under command shapes on a halyard, and if the solar/wind power electrics were working, two red lights in the rigging, if available (unlikely) or at least the normal underway lights, or at the very least the anchor light.
  • Jettison all heavy crap, including doors, tables, toilet(s), ship's stores, etc., and assuming the pumps are energized all light stuff that can get down into the bilge and clog the pumps (books, bedding, cushions, clothes, dunnage, etc.).  Essentially strip the boat.  . 
  • Lock the rudder amidships (not visible). 
  • Leave the GPS.
  • Take lots of photos
  • Write your press statment
  • Get your story straight.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ryley said:

the companionway hatch is open. That alone should be enough with an occasional squall for the thing to take on water, roll, take on some more. I wonder if she bunged the bilge outlet too. In any case, yeah the rig is still up so maybe she owes the rigger a little apology. Boom wasn't lashed and the sail was still on it, so with the rolling, the gooseneck probably broke. Looks like the boom has a decent chance of punching a hole through the hull if it's not hitting the part she reinforced.

No matter how you slice it it was irresponsible to neither scuttle it nor protect it for future salvage - I mean, you couldn't pull the companionway closed?

Just stupid and a waste. I'm glad TTTOP saw it during daylight - they weren't that far away from it and it probably wouldn't have shown up on radar.

No, but the pump is jammed on Q-tips.

• Like 1

In a thousand years the boat will be found on the floor of the Pacific by a submersible drone.

And that fucking spreader will still be very much fixed to that mast.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, blunted said:

In a thousand years the boat will be found on the floor of the Pacific by a submersible drone.

And that fucking spreader will still be very much fixed to that mast.

Of course...that's cuz Jen fixed it.:P

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Son of a Sailor said:

About as fast as Rimas "sails"

TTT on plastik sailed jesterday ~ 151,5E     11°N

1080sm/2700h =~0.4kn   ???

It appears you are not the only ones who don't know the truth about our situation and do not want me to get my boat back.

TTT on Plastic says clearly - in the video - that they know who the owner is - yet they did not contact me  -

I called USCG Guam to find Sea Nymph's current location and thank the woman who initiated the rescue after she learned that the "collision" which the fishing vessel called in had not yet happened and Guam hung up on me and blocked my number.

The red picture is Super Typhoon Lan (2.0) the second half after it crossed Japan and turned back to sea - this is what pushed us south from 32n and into the encounter with the fishing vessel - it was worse than superstorm sandy

The Navy came to rescue us from the fishing vessel -  the person who FOIAed my SAR calls knows that and so do the USCG individuals who bleached the names from the call - and all of us who participated in those calls

The Navy then gave me the option to try and fix what was damaged but we ran out of time because of Typhoon Saola - it would have sucked to force anyone or dog to endure that - the boom had an amsteel wrap on the gooseneck in prep - so those must have been insane winds or a direct hit

I am very happy to know Sea Nymph survived Typhoon Saola - that is why we boarded the Ashland - we could not  outrun the oncoming Typhoon in our current state.

As for the nice, friendly, straight line "tow" - since none of you looked at the raw data and posted it here - I will

Screenshot_2018-02-14-18-09-55.png

1 minute ago, Jennifer said:

It appears you are not the only ones who don't know the truth about our situation and do not want me to get my boat back.

TTT on Plastic says clearly - in the video - that they know who the owner is - yet they did not contact me  -

I called USCG Guam to find Sea Nymph's current location and thank the woman who initiated the rescue after she learned that the "collision" which the fishing vessel called in had not yet happened and Guam hung up on me and blocked my number.

The red picture is Super Typhoon Lan (2.0) the second half after it crossed Japan and turned back to sea - this is what pushed us south from 32n and into the encounter with the fishing vessel - it was worse than superstorm sandy

The Navy came to rescue us from the fishing vessel -  the person who FOIAed my SAR calls knows that and so do the USCG individuals who bleached the names from the call - and all of us who participated in those calls

The Navy then gave me the option to try and fix what was damaged but we ran out of time because of Typhoon Saola - it would have sucked to force anyone or dog to endure that - the boom had an amsteel wrap on the gooseneck in prep - so those must have been insane winds or a direct hit

I am very happy to know Sea Nymph survived Typhoon Saola - that is why we boarded the Ashland - we could not  outrun the oncoming Typhoon in our current state.

As for the nice, friendly, straight line "tow" - since none of you looked at the raw data and posted it here - I will

Screenshot_2018-02-15-22-41-53.png

have you ever been "towed" like this?

he also knew how to go "straight" - he just didn't do it very often

he went faster after we stopped 3x to empty the bilge and ... he knew what what was happening behind him

and the hatch is black lexan - its closed

Screenshot_2018-02-08-15-26-34.png

Screenshot_2018-02-08-15-26-40.png

Screenshot_2018-02-08-15-26-57.png

Screenshot_2018-02-08-15-27-36.png

Screenshot_2018-02-08-15-27-46.png

52 minutes ago, Jennifer said:

Unintentional comedy is always the best kind.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Unintentional comedy is always the best kind.

sorta like a drunk guy at a party  that goes home with a lady boy then tries to convince everyone that saw it that it was really a chic...no matter how hard jen tries she'll never live it down  even with hundreds of charts n graphs 

that was the intended location - but it was about to be in dire straits

as you can tell by the plot points - we were not drifting aimlessly - we were not adrift

Screenshot_2018-02-16-17-03-26.png

Screenshot_2018-02-16-16-39-50.png

some days we went faster than others but on a pretty regular basis I was up the mast to make a re-patch on that damn "perfect" spreader installation

top speed we could get without losing the shroud at the tip was under 5 kts

amazed it held

7 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Screenshot_2018-02-15-22-41-53.png

Enough with the typhoon horseshit.  It’s a big ocean; neither of them affected your boat.  At most, it experienced them in their tropical depression stages.

My god, you’re insane.  Why do you insist on doubling and tripling down with your nonsense?

When you were dubbed Crazy Jen, they were laughing at you, not with you.  That is the emphatic consensus in Hawaii, the state where you have been distrusted for many years.

Should have never needed a tow because she shouldn’t have shanghai’d the 3 unwitting crew for 5 months and then she lies about the shroud tip to all.

Some wire and a brain could have fixed any problem up there

Great,we might still get the chance to inspect the keel reinforcements Jen spent so many of her evening's secretly laminating,complete with "storage compartments "

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jennifer said:

Why don't you contact the race committee and find out the location of your boat.  Then you can mount your recovery effort.  Seems like a good boat.  Looks a bit bow down right now.

• Like 1

Donovan, you took the words right out of my mouth.

But no, Jen is sooooo important and famous everyone should contact her.

11 hours ago, Jennifer said:

some days we went faster than others but on a pretty regular basis I was up the mast to make a re-patch on that damn "perfect" spreader installation

amazed it held

bullshit

13 hours ago, Jennifer said:

yeah, we're trying to make sure you don't get your boat back.  Its a big conspiracy and we're all in on it.  SA, the Navy, the VOR, Rimas, everyone.   we planned it all out ahead of time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Donovan said:

Why don't you contact the race committee and find out the location of your boat.  Then you can mount your recovery effort.  Seems like a good boat.  Looks a bit bow down right now.

If she really wanted to get her boat back, that would make perfect sense.  But, does she have the resources to pay for the assistance such an exercise will require?  Somehow, I doubt it.  And I still believe that the name of the boat would be more appropriate to her background as "See Nympho"!! :D

35 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

If she really wanted to get her boat back, that would make perfect sense.  But, does she have the resources to pay for the assistance such an exercise will require?  Somehow, I doubt it.  And I still believe that the name of the boat would be more appropriate to her background as "See Nympho"!! :D

The best people are saying it.

so now she wants to go back to the sharks living room..I though they were only 24 hrs away from certain death??..will the rig fall down once she arrives??and what about all those nasty fisherman that are just waiting for lost chics at sea?? Is the Navy going escort her back??

18 hours ago, Jennifer said:

amazed it held

you sir, are a moron .

18 hours ago, Jennifer said:

as you can tell by the plot points - we were not drifting aimlessly - we were not adrift

which was the time/date of the course change to south?  plot points  207..208

6 hours ago, billy backstay said:

And I still believe that the name of the boat would be more appropriate to her background as "See Nympho"!! :D

What is it with sailors and reading comprehension?

Can you say “tautology?”   :unsure:

I didn’t think so...

I am so lost in her bullshit I need a recap. If the boat was sailing fine (up to 5 knots FFS!) why did she call for help in the first place. Where exactly were they going?  Why was she 24 hours away from death?

What a fruit loop.

21 hours ago, billy backstay said:

If she really wanted to get her boat back, that would make perfect sense.  But, does she have the resources to pay for the assistance such an exercise will require?  Somehow, I doubt it. :D

mid april the boat will drift only 60sm south of guam... if it swims like in the past months

haribo

Jen, 

You don't have the skill to sail it into port let alone the means. 

Your best option would to ask the next people to see to sink it. 

And you have had your 15 mins of fame and that hasn't gone well for you. The next 15 will be even worse.

On 2/17/2018 at 4:42 AM, Jennifer said:

that was the intended location - but it was about to be in dire straits

Screenshot_2018-02-16-17-03-26.png

From a casual read of this thread as well as other news about your ordeal it would appear that you have been aimlessly adrift for most of your life

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jammer Six said:

Because she's more interesting than any of you fuckers.

Well played sir, well played.

57 minutes ago, Blitz said:

Well played sir, well played.

Coming from Jammer though, it loses a lot of its impact.

• Like 1

Appel, please look at our earlier and our posts before posting bullshit:

• There was no Typhoon endangering your boat; the one you speak of was way North of your position when rescued and not salient. 
  • The SEA NYMPh was not in danger of sinking or dismasting when you abandoned it; witness that the mast is still aloft and the boat  is afloat months later as reported by a VOR boat recently
  • The 5 second positions based on your GPS logs in the last three days  available integrated  into average boat speed does not indicate massive speed differences when being towed, just jitter in the GPS signal. 
  • The dangerous horrible tow by the fisherman  and alleged possible raping/killing by them is BS.  There's a good record of them contacting  authorities which would obviate  any subterfuge.

Telling lies over and over does not make them true.  It doesn't work on GoFundMe either, as you have learned.  I judge you as a bullshitter which you hope will generate income from the 2% of the clueless, both the sailors and "turf roof architecture" types.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, axolotl said:

Good luck.

I hope you don't mean that !!

Batshit crazy

14 hours ago, Jammer Six said:

Because she's more interesting than any of you fuckers.

You need to get out more.

7 hours ago, axolotl said:

Appel, please look at our earlier and our posts before posting bullshit:

• There was no Typhoon endangering your boat; the one you speak of was way North of your position when rescued and not salient. 
  • The SEA NYMPh was not in danger of sinking or dismasting when you abandoned it; witness that the mast is still aloft and the boat  is afloat months later as reported by a VOR boat recently
  • The 5 second positions based on your GPS logs in the last three days  available integrated  into average boat speed does not indicate massive speed differences when being towed, just jitter in the GPS signal. 
  • The dangerous horrible tow by the fisherman  and alleged possible raping/killing by them is BS.  There's a good record of them contacting  authorities which would obviate  any subterfuge.

Telling lies over and over does not make them true.  It doesn't work on GoFundMe either, as you have learned.  I judge you as a bullshitter which you hope will generate income from the 2% of the clueless, both the sailors and "turf roof architecture" types.  Good luck.

It's the same tactic SPAM people use - ie. i have 100M in a nigerian bank account, and its all yours if you send me a $500 fee.  Send it to enough idiots and some will buy it.

The upside from Apple and (where is her bitch) is entertaining threads.

Carry on

I don't know if this had been posted elsewhere, but this contains lengthy audio of debrief of Jennifer by USCG while she was still aboard USS Ashland.  Debrief starts around 7:20ish.

15 hours ago, LB 15 said:

You need to get out more.

Getting out more would make you fuckers even less interesting. 

Sailing today in fog, dead calm and tiny, tiny snow flurries.

30 minutes ago, Coastie Dad said:

Well, lookee here! 

I decide to join a sailing forum, and danged if JAMMITUPHIS6 is here too, talking trash to other people. Small world, it is...Small world.

Don't quote him, please. Abuse him all you want, but don't quote him.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Abuse him all you want, but don't quote him.

Dinte they saye abote the Gimpe in Pulpe Fictione to?                                         :)

On 2/20/2018 at 4:21 AM, BrickTopHarry said:

I don't know if this had been posted elsewhere, but this contains lengthy audio of debrief of Jennifer by USCG while she was still aboard USS Ashland.  Debrief starts around 7:20ish.

I got 15 minutes into it and couldn’t take the stupidity any longer.  The moron is incapable of listening to questions and answering what was asked versus what she wants to talk about.

In Clean’s interview, she was obviously stoned.  Was she also stoned on the Navy vessel?  Or just brain damaged?

I am very interested in her lost antenna. It must be one-of-a-kind.  After all, it was supposed to handle VHF, sat phone, SSB, and more—maybe even comms to Starfleet Command into the future.  Where does one find this one size fits all 4’ masthead gem?  Could I use it to ascertain the feelings of 40-50 foot sharks when I invade their livingroom?

Maybe I’ll sample the second 15 minutes of absurdity today.

Jennifer Appel:  You are delusional AND intentionally dishonest, AND exceptionally ignorant, AND highly UNintelligent.

1 hour ago, toddster said:

So... basically you are recommending that Jenn runs for Congress?  When is the filing deadline?  

The hell with Congress, she's got the goods to be the next President.

LIstened to the entire SAR radiotelephone debrief and must say those guys have the patience of Job.

On 20.2.2018 at 3:44 AM, axolotl said:

what ever the sailing/drifting destination was, I think this wather forecast of typhon-lan the 21-okt-2017 06z was a very good reason to change the curse to south (she was ~pinpoint 208 at this day)

typhon-lan.PNG

and also this forcast of tropical storm saola, the 26-okt-2017 18z was not very confortable,

26 is the day after the rescue, sorry I found no forcast 25-okt 2017, but we do not know, abaut her exact wether infos

(please, drink one beer for every writing mistake!) haribo

tropical-storm-saola.png

50 minutes ago, haribo said:

and also this forcast of tropical storm saola, the 26-okt-2017 18z was not very confortable,

Too far away to affect the SEA NYMPH due to her lamentable boat speed.  Please read the situation concerning typhoon Lan which Appel claimed was the (a?) reason for abandonment of the boat:  Typhoon Lan

Tropical Storm Saola is also not pertinent, also too far away from the SEA NYMPH's rescue location to cause wind/sea conditions be above 25-30kn and moderate seas.  The Navy rescue ship which transported Appel/Fativa to Japan was delayed by one or two days due to heavy seas because they transited the storm's track soon after its passage.

3 hours ago, axolotl said:

LIstened to the entire SAR radiotelephone debrief and must say those guys have the patience of Job.

Probably took the Yachtsman course down in Brisbane, Manley area

It’s one of the virtues they teach by default 

• Like 1

Um... I've lost track of the exact story, but with no means of communication, how was Jenn staying on top of the weather forecasts, in order to make these savvy strategic decisions?

Oh, wait... do I care?  n/m

• Like 1