• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Hugh Jorgan

Two sailors and dogs rescued after 5 months

Oh sweet Jesus....at the 38:30 mark (vid above)....they braved 40-50 foot shark which destroyed another boat because they saw pieces of it three days later.

mark 39:30 sheds some light.....

38 minutes ago, SVTankGirl said:

She claims the mathematical calculations resulted in the rigger DOWNSIZING.  Stays I'm assuming??  The way she said it immediately made me think.... insurance scam 

well the "proof"sits out there in the "devils triangle":... ....the actual problems began when....she was born....

4 minutes ago, captpiratedog said:

well the "proof"sits out there in the "devils triangle":... ....the actual problems began when....she was born....

Shoulda been Award winners! Poor dogs!

Maybe this is they're attempt to get noticed and appear on future season of "Survivor" or some such idiotic show.

2 hours ago, NickDG said:

cbcbcvbvcc.jpg.b95b955cd69af3cb4356478bb03aedcb.jpg

Well, she certainly hit on all the sailing disaster B-movie buzzwords in her interview: "devil's triangle (from which boats that enter "rarely leave" with anyone alive, she said"; hit by a "white squall"; a ferocious pack of "tiger sharks" everywhere; a killer "Force 11 storm" that came out of nowhere; mysterious "10 knot currents"...gripping white knuckle movie drama stuff.

Can someone site any instance where sharks have sunk a 37-foot sailboat?

Tiger Sharks may reach a length of 16-feet; none recorded in the 30-50-foot range the lesbians/thespians purport.

In the other wacky drifter/grifter thread, bplipschitz mentions "Man Hands the Liar, and her Nubian Friend". Let's try her Hawaiian friend, what do you say?

The whole "empowered" tale of victory combined with the anthropomorphizing of the sharks: just fuck me sideways, you ignorant, reality-denying morons. To wit:

"We were very slowly maneuvering through their living room and they came by to slap their tales and let us know that we needed to move along and we did not understand their language at first so they ... decided to use our vessel to teach their children how to hunt."

Quite a fantasy tale. It sounds like she's trying to set up a book or movie deal. There will be a good bit of blowback as their stories are exposed as fanciful lies. I wonder if she's completely mental.

17 hours ago, weightless said:

I just watched the interview. I suppose it ought to be embedded here. Though, even as a sea story told by newly rescued sailors it's running a bit wide of objective reality.

1) there was no force 11 storm.

2) they got to the Line Islands but they were unable to replace one bolt because they couldn't get inside the lagoon? Huh? They were in Kiribati for some period of time? They couldn't get help? Call home? Fly home?

3) they found a 10 knot West set? There often is a strong West setting current in those parts but 10 knots is unheard of.

4) they survived the Devil's triangle? Hey me too :). Multiple times. And lots of folks I know have as well. Maybe that's just survivor bias? Maybe it's that I never heard of the D's T so I wasn't properly in tune with the terror of it? One of the unknown unknowns?

I dunno. They're tired and they've been at sea for some time. A bit of food and rest can reground a person. Or, maybe I'm misinterpreting what they're saying.  Anyway, I'm reasonably familiar with the waters they've traveled and I can't make head nor tail of their tale.

They really seem to think they accomplished something.  Even boastful, I would say.

15 minutes ago, Beer Can said:

They really seem to think they accomplished something.  Even boastful, I would say.

Yea , like Rimas. Too stupid to be embarrassed by their ignorance, proud of their 'accomplishment'. Give them a Dunning-Kruger participation award.  I hope they try again...would be another epic 230 page thread laughing at their clown act.

i can't make it past 2:00 of their bullshit...my hats off to those who were able to watch the whole 11 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Beer Can said:

I like the part where she talks about how she sailed in the wrong direction for a full day.

Seeing as how they ended up 90 deg off course and 5000 miles from Tahiti, I'd say they spent much more than a day going the wrong direction. 

Fucking drama queens and attention whores.

'The sharks even seemed to have a plan of attack, using their numbers and strength to try to capsize the vessel.'

' “I’m telling you I’ve never seen any Stanley Cup winner come even close to the precision these five sharks had,” Appel says. “Three would get on one side and two would get on the other side, and they would make waves and try to knock down the boat.” '

OMFG.

From an article in, yes, People magazine...where this whole story belongs:  https://www.google.ca/amp/people.com/human-interest/jennifer-appel-tasha-fuiava-rescued-at-sea-after-five-months-speak-out/amp/

5 hours ago, SVTankGirl said:

Here is another link with interviews.  I'm not going to go through it again to find the exact spot, but the blonde says to a reporter she paid a rigger and electrician to do stuff on the boat.  The electrician for reliable comms and the rigger for the appropriate rig.  The thing that caught my attention was how she explained the re-rigging (or whatever it may of been).  She claims the mathematical calculations resulted in the rigger DOWNSIZING.  Stays I'm assuming??  The way she said it immediately made me think of the setup for a liable scapegoat.  I thought this before reading the insurance scam ref above, too.  If anyone knows the locals guys who worked on this boat I'd give them a heads-up.

After spending far too much time listening to the blonde I'm convinced she experiences reality on a perpendicular plane then many of us.

Apparently the Devil's Triangle has relocated??  The Navy ship interview I swear she said 0/160W.  Isn't it traditionally just off Japan to the Marianas then NE of Luzon??  The typhoon freeway, if you will.

fuck it....as a community service the rigging bit is at 25 minutes in....

I like the channel 2 news reporter who says, "clearly you are very experienced" and "you clearly were as well-prepared as you could be".

Listened to the long phone interview.  I don't want to be harsh, but they are so damn proud of themselves.  For what?  Maybe it's just the euphoria of being rescued, but the self-congratulatory tone is a bit much to take.  The Appel one who doesn't stop talking admitted that she had no idea what she was doing and the other woman had never even sailed before they started their "voyage."  The talkative one says that when her friends told her she was crazy she said it's okay, the US Navy can always rescue me. 

Blue water sailing is all about preparation, fixing things and improvising.  With all that time they couldn't jury rig some kind of sail to get them moving?

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

Quite a fantasy tale. It sounds like she's trying to set up a book or movie deal. There will be a good bit of blowback as their stories are exposed as fanciful lies. I wonder if she's completely mental.

this sort of makes sense now

174509-If-You-re-Stupid.jpg

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jud - s/v Sputnik said:

'The sharks even seemed to have a plan of attack, using their numbers and strength to try to capsize the vessel.'

' “I’m telling you I’ve never seen any Stanley Cup winner come even close to the precision these five sharks had,” Appel says. “Three would get on one side and two would get on the other side, and they would make waves and try to knock down the boat.” '

OMFG.

From an article in, yes, People magazine...where this whole story belongs:  https://www.google.ca/amp/people.com/human-interest/jennifer-appel-tasha-fuiava-rescued-at-sea-after-five-months-speak-out/amp/

It's so frikkin ridiculous.  I guess this was the plan all along.

5 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

I had to Google that word, not sure that helped as this is what I got!!!

Image result for fremdschämen

scarey...............reminds me of my ex.........legs and mouth open full of gin, bad language and incomprehensible logic to suit the silly grin

24 minutes ago, 167149 said:

scarey...............reminds me of my ex.........legs and mouth open full of gin, bad language and incomprehensible logic to suit the silly grin

Yeah, and what was the downside?

Why hasn't anybody called out their bull shit yet?  I can't believe the news stories regarding this as some amazing act of courage and survival.  35' sharks working together to capsize their boat?  Really???

Either the blond is bat shit crazy or this is all some kind of put-on or something.  I'm leaning toward crazy.

Nuts.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

Why hasn't anybody called out their bull shit yet?  I can't believe the news stories regarding this as some amazing act of courage and survival.  35' sharks working together to capsize their boat?  Really???

Either the blond is bat shit crazy or this is all some kind of put-on or something.  I'm leaning toward crazy.

Nuts.jpg

She is building up the story to ensure they get a big money deal doing an exclusive with Ellen. 

21 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

It's because no one has ever sailed into the fearsome Devil's Triangle (around E160* at the Equator, she said) and come out alive to tell the tale. The American media is in awe of their Voyage Into The Abyss And Back.

1 hour ago, Beer Can said:

I like the channel 2 news reporter who says, "clearly you are very experienced" and "you clearly were as well-prepared as you could be".

Yeah, you know he's gonna do some good research...

When asked about hailing other passing vessels she says that they can see for eight nautical miles from their boat, then states that she knows that maritime law only requires another vessel to help if within five nautical miles. I was not aware that you could tell a vessel calling for a mayday to pound sand if they didn't have their emergency with five miles of you.

She had to work on her boat at night in order to avoid the men from telling her what to do. She hires a man to re-rig and he downsizes the rigging? So this is what caused the spreader bolt to break? There are mast steps leading all the way up the mast of this boat that she "built", they drifted across the equator but could find no time to safely go up the mast and make repairs?

How were they making four knots against a "10 knot" current if they were unable to raise any sails and unable to use the engine?

I was also impressed that they could tell the sex of the five dolphins that visited them after the "shark attack".

They thought the boat might sink in the next 24 hours but the video shows it high in the water. They hope to recover it later, noting that they "turned the bilge" on.

These morons are a disgrace to sailors.

20 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

Why hasn't anybody called out their bull shit yet? 

"I am nobody, who are you?"

Why the Fourth Estate hasn't called out their bullshit is more to the point. Sadly, the simplest answer to that question is horrifying.

Reporters usually don't know squat about sailing or boats, they just regurgitate what the interview subject says. Don't know the right questions to ask.  It's usually marine-related websites that start pointing out inconsistencies, and the media then starts questioning the story. I think much of the women's story will collapse in a week or so. 

Sharks...I'm not an expert. I think a Great White can grow to about 30'. Never heard of a 50' shark. AFAIK, the large sharks are lone predators, schools of sharks are much smaller ones, and close to shore. Not uncommon for a shark to follow a boat, even for many days. I don't think they'd hang around a drifting boat without a food supply, but I've never been adrift at sea.  I've heard of them rubbing the hull, but hasn't happened to me.   Never heard of them in an organized attack on a boat. Killer whales, maybe, but not in tropics. 

Their storm tales sound like gross exaggerations. Force 11? Didn't happen. Probably F 6 or 7.  One had been sailing a bit over a year, according to her mother. The other had no experience. Classic Dunning-Kruger. And now they're relishing in the attention they're getting....ignorance shouldn't be getting positive feedback. Kudos goes out to cruisers who competently and quietly complete passages without the drama.

And yea, the blonde is bat-shit crazy. 

• Like 1

People keep saying the boat is 37 ft. Am I the only one thinking it is bigger, a lot bigger.?

Based on the cockpit I think 48 - 50 ft is more like it.

4 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Reporters usually don't know squat about sailing or boats, they just regurgitate what the interview subject says. Don't know the right questions to ask.  It's usually marine-related websites that start pointing out inconsistencies, and the media then starts questioning the story. I think much of the women's story will collapse in a week or so. 

Sharks...I'm not an expert. I think a Great White can grow to about 30'. Never heard of a 50' shark. AFAIK, the large sharks are lone predators, schools of sharks are much smaller ones, and close to shore. Not uncommon for a shark to follow a boat, even for many days. I don't think they'd hang around a drifting boat without a food supply, but I've never been adrift at sea.  I've heard of them rubbing the hull, but hasn't happened to me.   Never heard of them in an organized attack on a boat. Killer whales, maybe, but not in tropics. 

Their storm tales sound like gross exaggerations. Force 11? Didn't happen. Probably F 6 or 7.  One had been sailing a bit over a year, according to her mother. The other had no experience. Classic Dunning-Kruger. And now they're relishing in the attention they're getting....ignorance shouldn't be getting positive feedback. Kudos goes out to cruisers who competently and quietly complete passages without the drama.

Oh, and didn't she say they met the force 11 their first night?  I guess she didn't have time to look at her I-Phone or the local news for a weather report before setting off.

Just now, Beer Can said:

Oh, and didn't she say they met the force 11 their first night?  I guess she didn't have time to look at her I-Phone or the local news for a weather report before setting off.

She said Force 11 storm was 50-70 knot winds.  Blithering idiots, and attention whores....

16 minutes ago, TQA said:

People keep saying the boat is 37 ft. Am I the only one thinking it is bigger, a lot bigger.?

Based on the cockpit I think 48 - 50 ft is more like it.

Hard to tell because the photos seem distorted. I'd guess about 45'. Hull is an early 70s style, like a Morgan 45 or Columbia/Coronado 45. Deck is a late 70s/early 80s mid-cockpit style. A couple stories quote peep saying the blonde 'built' the boat. Quite impossible. She just 'refitted' it. Apparently rather poorly, at that. 

50' makes sense...I think that much room is necessary to store a year's supply of toilet paper for two women...

26 minutes ago, hoppy said:

She is building up the story to ensure they get a big money deal doing an exclusive with Ellen. 

As agent, my firm, EpicStar Productions, has exclusive media rights, including but not limited to movie, book and television appearances --this includes talk show format (e.g., Ellen), as well as serialized/fiction productions.  (We do not, as of the present, represent regarding live speaking appearances.)

We have not yet finalized dates for film production, but several deals are currently in the works for a made-for-TV special as well as talk show rounds.  It is also our belief that merchandizing and promotional opportunities exist for a range of products.

Thank you for your interest in the incredible story of Sea Nymph.

• Downvote 2

15 minutes ago, Beer Can said:

First night...they would have been no more than 100 miles out. A 3 day force 11 storm would have made the island news. There's already been weather maps posted showing no such storm. 

A call to NWS Honolulu would confirm that there was no storm in the area, there wasn't even a gale. That's just history. A  call to the Kiribati consulate would tell us if they were in the Line Islands for a significant period. A call to a marine biologist, a call to a navigator, a web search on her background...  Given how trivial that reporting is a skeptical person might be led to the conclusion that the media would rather not know. Maybe the story is worth more if it isn't debunked? It bothers me less that a crazy person is trying to milk a disgraceful performance for some money than that the media is eating it up.

12 minutes ago, weightless said:

A call to NWS Honolulu would confirm that there was no storm in the area, there wasn't even a gale. That's just history. A  call to the Kiribati consulate would tell us if they were in the Line Islands for a significant period. A call to a marine biologist, a call to a navigator, a web search on her background...  Given how trivial that reporting is a skeptical person might be led to the conclusion that the media would rather not know. Maybe the story is worth more if it isn't debunked? It bothers me less that a crazy person is trying to milk a disgraceful performance for some money than that the media is eating it up.

If it bleeds, it leads!!  This is just one notch below violence in attracting eyeballs......

Our exclusive rights are based on this being a based-on-a-true-story real-life experience, about overcoming all the odds to survive, two against a harsh, unforgiving, malevolent sea.

The fact remains that this is all based on a true story of two women sailing out of Hawaii en route to Tahiti.  That truth cannot be disputed.

The rest is subject to interpretation, including that by the participants themselves (which also varies).  In that sense, it is a real-life based-on-a-true-story story.  In short, not every single detail may meet your definition of "real".

Peter Xavier, Agent

EpicStar Productions                   Hollywood, California

2 minutes ago, p2x4x said:

Our exclusive rights are based on this being a based-on-a-true-story real-life experience, about overcoming all the odds to survive, two against a harsh, unforgiving, malevolent sea.

The fact remains that this is all based on a true story of two women sailing out of Hawaii en route to Tahiti.  That truth cannot be disputed.

The rest is subject to interpretation, including that by the participants themselves (which also varies).  In that sense, it is a real-life based-on-a-true-story story.  In short, not every single detail may meet your definition of "real".

Peter Xavier, Agent

EpicStar Productions                   Hollywood, California

Rimas the Russian and Reid Stowe are, or were also sailors, but I don't see anyone clamoring to tell their stories.  These women are no better than them, and arguably much worse in the "Seamanship" department

13 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Rimas the Russian and Reid Stowe are, or were also sailors, but I don't see anyone clamoring to tell their stories.  These women are no better than them, and arguably much worse in the "Seamanship" department

As exclusive agents, we recognize a sellable story.  It is based on a true-life story, of two bold women attempting to sail from Hawaii to Tahiti.  Other events  beyond that simple fact in the 5-month saga, are entirely subject to interpretation (and even reinterpretation, depending).  It's malleable, which gives it sell-ability. Moreover, it also boldy showcases the derring-do U.S. Navy in the Make America Great Again era.  It'll make millions.

• Like 1

Hmmm...a fictional account of the fictional claims of a couple fuckwits. Does two 'fictions' equal true? 

11 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Hmmm...a fictional account of the fictional claims of a couple fuckwits. Does two 'fictions' equal true? 

In Donald Trumps America???  Abso-fucking-lutely!!

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, RKoch said:

Well, consider that a former reality TV star currently is president of the United States, one of whose key advisers famously coined the phrase "alternative facts, the zeitgeist for the Make America Great Again era.

EpicStar Productions, LLC, as exclusive agents, believes that this is a story with real legs to it.  So, yes, the story is true, as far it being based on two women sailors attempting to sail from Hawaii to Tahiti (yet most unfortunately ending up lost and some 5,000 miles west of their destination, the how and why and other such tedious nautical explanations of which are of extremely limited interest to our largely high school-educated target media audience.)

It's the bare bones of their story that will ensure its success:  two bold women, setting off against a seething malevolent ocean, bent on their destruction --succeeding, with the help from our courageous US Navy sailors who mounted a daring midnight-hour rescue, in the face of appalling adversity to return to Americam Soil and Civilization, helping to Make America Great Again one small victory at a time.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2017 at 11:42 AM, J T said:

Devil's Triangle?  0 x 160 degrees ?  Boats go in but they very rarely come out?  Oh, my aching ass.  I have never heard such a pile of shite.  There is absolutley no way these two spent 5 months on that boat floating around down to the equator and back to Japan.  Not to say that either of them look good -- but they don't look like they've  been through a 5 month harrowing experience. 

No Fucking Way.

Somebody in Hawaii has to know them.  If she spent 2 years building that POS with a black girlfriend, she didn't do it without making some kind of scene.

Yes, the blondish one is well known.  I do not know her, but I know several who do.  They will confirm everything you are thinking.

4 minutes ago, p2x4x said:

Well, consider that a former reality TV star currently is president of the United States, one of whose key advisers famously coined the phrase "alternative facts, the zeitgeist for the Make America Great Again era.

EpicStar Productions, LLC, as exclusive agents, believes that this is a story with real legs to it.  So, yes, the story is true, as far it being based on two women sailors attempting to sail from Hawaii to Tahiti (yet most unfortunately ending up some 5,000 miles west of their destination, the how and why and other such tedious nautical details of which are of extremely limited interest to our largely high school-educated target media audience.  

It's the bare bones of their story that will ensure its success:  two bold women, setting off against a seething malevolent ocean, bent on their destruction --succeeding, with the help from our courageous US Navy sailors who mounted a midnight-hour rescue, in the face of appalling adversity to return to Civilization, helping to Make America Great Again one small victory at a time.

Have you ever heard of Donald Crowhurst?  do a quick search, then get back to us on how many millions these two losers story will rake in.....

1 minute ago, SVTankGirl said:

Now, now Billy.....I think Ms. Appel is a MAGA Girl.  ;-)

IMG_7946.JPG

I am not at all surprised!!  Donald will probably make her Ambassador to Tahiti!!!

8 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Have you ever heard of Donald Crowhurst?  do a quick search, then get back to us on how many millions these two losers story will rake in.....

Mr. Backstay,

I'm all too familiar with the very successful film "A Voyage for Madmen" and the earlier book upon which it draws, "The Strange Last Voyage of Donald Crowhurst."  (You will also note that Ms. Appel makes direct reference to Mr. Crowhurat in her press conference in one of the video links posted above, (Lost At Sea, an embedded YouTube link).  Have a listen yourself:  Ms. Appel knows very well who sailor and seething madman Donald Crowhurst was.) 

EpicStar Productions, LLC is committed to telling the stories, real or fictionalized of those who lived them or who embellished them.

2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Well, he had to die to sell his story. Don't think a fraudster that lived would have much credibility.

OTOH, the devolping story of a couple of a couple of Trump-supporting carpet munchers  setting out ignorant and ill-prepared might be sellable. Make America Grift Again.

5 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I am not at all surprised!!  Donald will probably make her Ambassador to Tahiti!!!

Not sure Trump or the women can find it. And I think there's already trouble with a Trump appointed ambassador there. 

21 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

Believe me, my office has been in touch with the White House since the night of the rescue to try to secure a Presidential reception.  Our efforts have been warmly received.  It is our belief that a recognition of their accomplishments would not be amiss, and that some sort of designation (such as Ambassador for Sport) might even be appropriate.  

In any event, we believe their incredible story of individual survival against the incredible odds, lost at sea despite their daily Herculean efforts to turn the tide in their favor, dovetails well with the Trump/MAGA narrative.

Crowhurst at least was trying to avoid attention. Couldn't bring himself to perpetuate his myth in person. I think comparing these two morons to Crowhurst is not fair to Crowhurst.

1 hour ago, RKoch said:

Hard to tell because the photos seem distorted. I'd guess about 45'. Hull is an early 70s style, like a Morgan 45 or Columbia/Coronado 45. Deck is a late 70s/early 80s mid-cockpit style. A couple stories quote peep saying the blonde 'built' the boat. Quite impossible. She just 'refitted' it. Apparently rather poorly, at that. 

50' makes sense...I think that much room is necessary to store a year's supply of toilet paper for two women...

Morgan designed a 45ft boat of that type in the late 1970s. This looks like it.

http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=2123

12 minutes ago, p2x4x said:

Believe me, my office has been in touch with the White House since the night of the rescue to try to secure a Presidential reception.  Our efforts have been warmly received.  It is our belief that a recognition of their accomplishments would not be amiss, and that some sort of designation (such as Ambassador for Sport) might even be appropriate.  

In any event, we believe their incredible story of individual survival against the incredible odds, lost at sea despite their daily Herculean efforts to turn the tide in their favor, dovetails well with the Trump/MAGA narrative.

Were you involved when your lying clients concocted this phony scheme?  Already on retainer before they left the dock?  Did you give them wardrobe and styling tips to ensure  they maximized the photo ops as they climbed the ladder?

Dude, you’re conspiring to perpetrate a fraud.

I don't get why people are making such a big deal about the "force 11" weather the first night out.

Anyone who has sailed in the Alenuihāhā Channel will attest that the wind and the seas can be strong and rough. Usually stronger and rougher than the Molokai Channel. It's so common that it doesn't show up as events on normal weather records. Every so often NOAA will register a small craft warning for the area. The wind frequently tops 40 knots and gusts over 50 are not uncommon. Now if they simply let the boat drift (like Rimas or like they supposedly did later) they would be out of it in a few hours.

I chalk up "force 11" and "2 days and 3 nights" to be poor seaMANship bolstered by exaggeration. 

20 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Were you involved when your lying clients concocted this phony scheme?  Already on retainer before they left the dock?  Did you give them wardrobe and styling tips to ensure  they maximized the photo ops as they climbed the ladder?

Dude, you’re conspiring to perpetrate a fraud.

The greatest fraud is disbelieving the existence of the Devil's Triangle.  They passed through its perilous maw - and lived. 

Our first episode will be called Oahu to Tahiti: Patadise Bound. The second and third are White Squall and Devil's Triangle.  Sorry - no spoilers for the remaining episodes.

As to wardrobe and styling tips, they already had that sorted out.  They're naturals, really, the camera "likes", as we say in the biz (though we are considering de-enhancing Ms. Appel's manhands in close up shots).

1 minute ago, p2x4x said:

The greatest fraud is disbelieving the existence of the Devil's Triangle.  They passed through its perilous maw - and lived. 

Our first episode will be called Oahu to Tahiti: Patadise Bound. The second and third are White Squall and Devil's Triangle.  Sorry - no spoilers for the remaining episodes.

Mate, ya've got an office leak.  I was informed of the episode particulars on 'Megalodon: Revisited'.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:45 PM, Maxx Baqustae said:

And a 10 knot current. Where?

next to the 30 foota sharkswith the super smell sense.  don't you hear good?

14 minutes ago, p2x4x said:

As to wardrobe and styling tips, they already had that sorted out.  They're naturals, really, the camera "likes", as we say in the biz (though we are considering de-enhancing Ms. Appel's manhands in close up shots).

You are one of the better trolls on this site. Sounds to me like you are writer The Onion rejected.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, some dude said:

next to the 30 foota sharkswith the super smell sense.  don't you hear good?

Of course, what a silly bunt I are! 

1 hour ago, Whisper said:

Yes, the blondish one is well known.  I do not know her, but I know several who do.  They will confirm everything you are thinking.

Yes please do. I watched the regional news last with there heroic tale and I'm sure many bought it. It's  not fair to real sailors.

8 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

You are one of the better trolls on this site. Sounds to me like you are writer The Onion rejected.

LOL!

Thanks.  It's incredible what some people believe...or don't believe.

Are you telling me you don't believe in the Devil's Triangle? Or Devil Sea (魔の海 Ma no Umi), as the Japanese call it.  It's probably only because their vessel was aptly named "Sea Nymph" that the sea devils who rule that patch of unruly ocean there let them pass relatively unscathed.  I'm not aware of anyone else that has survived passing through there - at least, I'm not aware.  In any case, I'm sure we can all agree that Ms. Appel has a very vivid imagination, a quality not to be under-appreciated.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Sea

IMG_5191.PNG

21 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

I don't get why people are making such a big deal about the "force 11" weather the first night out.

Anyone who has sailed in the Alenuihāhā Channel will attest that the wind and the seas can be strong and rough.

The big picture WX around that time was light westerly ahead of a weak trough. So, not typical or strong trades. I have sailed the Alenuihaha. It can blow very hard and the sea state can be quite horrid in and to the South of the Alenuihaha. Gales there are common but they never go unrecorded. It does not blow a gale every day there. Some days are calm. So, an interested person could look up the weather and see...  Now, there could easily have been local weather. A thunder storm, or squall line as the front passed over but the synoptic would show a three day event. I do not believe there was such an event.

14 minutes ago, p2x4x said:

LOL!

Thanks.  It's incredible what some people believe...or don't believe.

Are you telling me you don't believe in the Devil's Triangle? Or Devil Sea (魔の海 Ma no Umi), as the Japanese call it.  It's probably only because their vessel was aptly named "Sea Nymph" that the sea devils who rule that patch of unruly ocean there let them pass relatively unscathed.  I'm not aware of anyone else that has survived passing through there - at least, I'm not aware.  In any case, I'm sure we can all agree that Ms. Appel has a very vivid imagination, a quality not to be under-appreciated.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil's_Sea

IMG_5191.PNG

Yeah, you actually had me for a second.  Damned hangover injured my brain for a moment.  Oops.

17 minutes ago, p2x4x said:

As to wardrobe and styling tips, they already had that sorted out.  They're naturaks, really, the camera "likes", as we say in the biz.

I can facilitate nearly limitless amounts of financial backing.  I have many many contacts of the biggest names, the best names all of whom are known to be the best in the financial side of production with whom I have already spoken about this arduous ordeal, and the frankly remarkable survival of these two ardent adventurers in the adversity of the alien environment of mother nature.  All of these big names in Hollywood, think very highly of me and know that I am very well educated and one of the smarter and more astute members of Sailing Anarchy, despite some fake news mongers out there who think I am an Asshat, which I am clearly not, because of my amazing and quite frankly outstanding IQ, and my inimitable style with other members of this site and the international sailing community in which I am very highly regarded.  I would be more than willing and capable to help your pitifully small and unknown production company take on a new persona as the grandest, most well known and highly regarded Production Company, that will make Weinstein Productions look like haswannabeens.  Feel free to contact me so that we can launch your company into the golden heights it so deserves along with Appel and Fuiava, who have eclipsed the likes of Hillary and Tensing, Shackelton and crew, Morecambe and Wise, Two Ronnies, Edna and Patsy, to name just a few.  

I know that this is just the beginning of a beautiful and lucrative relationship.

As an aside I have a close friend, with five year old twins that is interested in sending them on a 6 month circumnavigation via the North and South poles in a West Wight Potter.  I can arrange the exclusive rights to this voyage which will go down in the annals of yachting adventures, and make all previous adventures moribund and inane.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hitchhiker said:

I can facilitate nearly limitless amounts of financial backing.  I have many many contacts of the biggest names, the best names all of whom are known to be the best in the financial side of production with whom I have already spoken about this arduous ordeal, and the frankly remarkable survival of these two ardent adventurers in the adversity of the alien environment of mother nature.  All of these big names in Hollywood, think very highly of me and know that I am very well educated and one of the smarter and more astute members of Sailing Anarchy, despite some fake news mongers out there who think I am an Asshat, which I am clearly not, because of my amazing and quite frankly outstanding IQ, and my inimitable style with other members of this site and the international sailing community in which I am very highly regarded.  I would be more than willing and capable to help your pitifully small and unknown production company take on a new persona as the grandest, most well known and highly regarded Production Company, that will make Weinstein Productions look like haswannabeens.  Feel free to contact me so that we can launch your company into the golden heights it so deserves along with Appel and Fuiava, who have eclipsed the likes of Hillary and Tensing, Shackelton and crew, Morecambe and Wise, Two Ronnies, Edna and Patsy, to name just a few.  

I know that this is just the beginning of a beautiful and lucrative relationship.

As an aside I have a close friend, with five year old twins that is interested in sending them on a 6 month circumnavigation via the North and South poles in a West Wight Potter.  I can arrange the exclusive rights to this voyage which will go down in the annals of yachting adventures, and make all previous adventures moribund and inane.

What this post is really telling you is that Harvey Weinstein doesn't have too much on right now. Every barrell has a bottom.

2 hours ago, p2x4x said:

As exclusive agents, we recognize a sellable story.  It is based on a true-life story, of two bold women attempting to sail from Hawaii to Tahiti.  Other events  beyond that simple fact in the 5-month saga, are entirely subject to interpretation (and even reinterpretation, depending).  It's malleable, which gives it sell-ability. Moreover, it also boldy showcases the derring-do U.S. Navy in the Make America Great Again era.  It'll make millions.

Ha Ha Ha.......It’s April 1st right..?

The only thing accurate in the story is, the gullible non sailing audience eating it up..

Those were the healthiest four ship wrecked, dogs and people I’ve ever seen pictures of.

great scam, keep playing it.....

ps, did you all sit around together over a drink and read the crowhurst story aloud, then set it all up ?

44 minutes ago, Keith said:

Ha Ha Ha.......It’s April 1st right..?

The only thing accurate in the story is, the gullible non sailing audience eating it up..

Those were the healthiest four ship wrecked, dogs and people I’ve ever seen pictures of.

great scam, keep playing it.....

ps, did you all sit around together over a drink and read the crowhurst story aloud, then set it all up ?

I personally downed two White Squalls, followed by a Devil's Triangle chaser.  Blitzed after that, I dreamed up the whole 5 months with Tasha, who willingly followed along to escape her dreary security guard job at our marina.  It must've been dreary to want to set sail  with two big dogs, on the open ocean, and her having zero sailing experience...

Another White Squall, bartender!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Boat looks like one of the Starrett-Jenks kit boats. RKoch should be able to confirm this since they came from his neighborhood.

It resembles the Starrett Jenks, but I can't confirm that. 

Background:

Starrett Jenks bought the Morgan 45 molds, and sold them as kit boats, with some stages of completion optional. It was quite a racket, as not only did they charge a hefty price for a boat only 20% done, but also rented out yard space to DIYers that could run into a decade or more of rent payments. Most were the original aft cockpit, but at some point a mold was built for a center cockpit. Finished product varied widely as to the abilities of the amateur builders, tastes, and available funds.

Heres a couple pics of center cockpit versions I snagged off the net. Looks pretty close, it would be my bet but I'm not 100% certain.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg