Sign in to follow this  
GOPClownCar

Yet more GOP election skullduggery!

What is it they're hiding this time around - Putin's fingerprints?

Georgia election server reportedly wiped in wake of lawsuit

Secretary of State Brian Kemp, a defendant in the case, says he had nothing to do with it.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/10/26/georgia-election-server-wiped-lawsuit/

There's something going on in Georgia. First, the state rejected help from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to inspect its voting equipment for potential hacker inroads. Strangely, the man responsible for this and a massive private data leak, Georgia's Secretary of State Brian Kemp, was placed on a DHS election cybersecurity panel. Now the Associated Press reports that a computer server important to a lawsuit against Georgia election officials has been wiped clean right after the suit was filed.

According to the report, the data wipe was revealed in an email sent from an assistant state attorney to the case's plaintiffs. The AP made a public records request for more emails and confirmed the wipe. The original lawsuit, by election reform advocates, was filed in order to have Georgia retire the outdated technology the state uses for elections. The server wiped is the same one that was shown to have a massive security issue by a security expert.

The AP says that it's not clear who ordered the data wipe, but the election center it's housed at in Kennesaw, Georgia, answers directly to Kemp. He's running for governor next year and is the main defendant in the suit mentioned above. His office has denied responsibility for the server erasure to the AP.

Republican loyalists may hate the guy with Kenyan ancestry, but they want to copy the Kenyan election system.   

https://apnews.com/877ee1015f1c43f1965f63538b035d3f/APNewsBreak:-Georgia-election-server-wiped-after-suit-filed   Not fake news.  Was it their Russian allies as suggested, or did they just let too many black people vote, so they had to delete a few 'mistakes'.     

44 minutes ago, Rockdog said:

Wiped? Like with a towel or something?

That was my first thought, as well.

It will be interesting to see how the folks who bitched about Hillary wiping her server act regarding this one.

57 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

Maybe they used Bleach Bitch. :D

Care to share how you responded when it came out how Hillary had wiped her server?

10 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Care to share how you responded when it came out how Hillary had wiped her server?

Same duopoly, no surprises here. How about yourself?  

9 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

Same duopoly, no surprises here. How about yourself?  

I was pissed when she fucked around with the private server, even though it violated no laws.  She feels herself above all of us and the laws written for us.  If she goes away today, it will be later than I prefer.

I'm waiting for those who bitched about her wiping a server to do the same for Georgia.  Of course, it'll never happen.  

11 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I was pissed when she fucked around with the private server, even though it violated no laws. 

How do we know that? Can we also assume that Georgia violated no laws merely because the wiped the server so there is no longer any evidence? 

1 hour ago, Mickey Rat said:

How do we know that? Can we also assume that Georgia violated no laws merely because the wiped the server so there is no longer any evidence? 

How do we know that she broke no laws?  Well, I would expect to see charges/indictments if she had.

Is Georgia required to keep record of election results?  Especially if the results are part of a lawsuit?  Sounds like they may have destroyed evidence.

19 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

How do we know that she broke no laws?  Well, I would expect to see charges/indictments if she had.

Sure, and the tooth fairy is real. :D 

27 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Sounds like they may have destroyed evidence.

SOP

Interesting indeed!

Let's hope that someone takes a hard look at the data in Wi, PA & MI before they wipe them clean too. It's pretty easy to adjust 77,000 votes in 14,000,000 if you're already inside the system!

Congressman Says It’s ‘Quite Possible’ A Special Election Was Stolen From A Democrat

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hank-johnson-georgia-special-congressional-election_us_59f9faa2e4b046017fb07bc2

In my lifetime

one president killed

his brother who would likely have won, killed

the alternative, impeached

an inneffective prez

a Prez with Alzheimer’s the last couple years of his presidency

a president impeached

an extra constitutional  election

a major war with falsified information used to start said war

1/2 the country gone bonkers cause a black man won

and now a possible 25th amendment solution

and the US says it has the strongest democracy. Sounds pretty 3rd worldish to me

• Downvote 1

On 10/29/2017 at 10:42 AM, Bus Driver said:

Is Georgia required to keep record of election results?  Especially if the results are part of a lawsuit?  Sounds like they may have destroyed evidence.

For anyone seriously interested in legal requirements - I'd suggest that reading up on NARA (National Archives and Records Administration) - 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Archives_and_Records_Administration