• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
nacradriver

Community Reputation Points

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

Why did you decide to stop selling those? I remember you wrote that you were happy with the quality control and the prep from McG. Roger's retirement?

It wasn't really my choice to start or stop. I'd sell what the dealership carried.

But yes, MacGregor was better than Catalina, Com-Pac, Hobie or Precision at getting us a complete, intact, and undamaged boat on the first try. OTOH, the others were varying degrees of better about correcting anything that was wrong. If a boat arrived with something wrong I'd far rather be dealing with Precision (I'd drive it up there and they'd deal with it) or Hobie. If I'm a customer with a warranty issue, Hobie wins that race by a lot.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

It wasn't really my choice to start or stop. I'd sell what the dealership carried.

But yes, MacGregor was better than Catalina, Com-Pac, Hobie or Precision at getting us a complete, intact, and undamaged boat on the first try. OTOH, the others were varying degrees of better about correcting anything that was wrong. If a boat arrived with something wrong I'd far rather be dealing with Precision (I'd drive it up there and they'd deal with it) or Hobie. If I'm a customer with a warranty issue, Hobie wins that race by a lot.

Say what you will about the boat, Roger knew how to make money with a mold. He had a businessman's approach to the production on those. I have a lot of respect that he was able to keep a relative amount of safety on a too-cheap build, and then price it so that he made money but also kept the price low enough to sell them for a couple generations.

Given that, WTF happened with his daughter? Why didn't she just continue selling the boat with the existing brand instead of switching the production to Tattoo? For whatever Macgregor was, people at least recognized the name. And Tattoo isn't a new boat, isn't she using the same molds?

It's all part of the reason why I'm saving my shekels for a Sage. Aside from being made in my neighborhood, I like to spend time around objects that are built with high precision and quality control. The difference of course, is that Sage is actually pretty fast and apparently sails very well for a boat that costs less than a Toyota Corolla.

• Downvote 1

What's with all these stupid notifications? I'm getting notifications for three different threads now, and I still have notifications turned off. This is bullshit.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

What's with all these stupid notifications? I'm getting notifications for three different threads now, and I still have notifications turned off. This is bullshit.

Hearres anorther............     :)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Hearres anorther............     :)

Somoune tooke awaye a pointte, I thicke we no who didde that...............              :)

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

41 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Go further down the page. And the button for comm rel notifications is locked

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

Somoune tooke awaye a pointte, I thicke we no who didde that...............              :)

Got it back for ya Snags...

4 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

Thanks to the Owner and Webmaster of Sailing Anarchy for disabling the Like icon on my User account. Seeing as this feature was seriously abused in the past, wrote one long-timer, it prevents the present fuckwits—you like using the name now, don't you, @LB 15? Thought you would—from messing with real women sailors on this website. I had already disabled the Comments and Follows fields on my blog, knowing full well that the SA women attackers would have a field day with what I wrote. Kudos, techies, for pre-empting the fuck buddies.

Like.png

Sorry, still works.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

Well, that didn't last long, did it? I retract my 'kudos,' misfits.

Well, that didn't last long, did it. I retract my 'kudos,' techies.png

That was me. I tried it to see if you were really successful at removing the notifications etc. Sorry.....both sorry you were not, because I'd ;love to set that up as well, and sorry to introduce the "unhappy".

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Point Break said:

That was me. I tried it to see if you were really successful at removing the notifications etc. Sorry.....both sorry you were not, because I'd ;love to set that up as well, and sorry to introduce the "unhappy".

I deleted my vote. I think having a "like" button here is a waste of time. May as well just have one "fuck you" button and be done with it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

Thanks to the Owner and Webmaster of Sailing Anarchy for disabling the Like icon on my User account. Seeing as this feature was seriously abused in the past, wrote one long-timer, it prevents the present fuckwits—you like using the name now, don't you, @LB 15? Thought you would—from messing with real women sailors on this website. I had already disabled the Comments and Follows fields on my blog, knowing full well that the SA women attackers would have a field day with what I wrote. Kudos, techies, for pre-empting the fuck buddies.

Hmmm. Can you say gender bias? Affirmative action?

You tried to play in the big leagues and got brushed back. There's no crying in anarchy.

man up!  or something.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

Feeling a little crabby today, huh? You think SA is 'big leagues?' So why is there a 'Whiner' category on the Leaderboard? Btw, SA is a site for loser hacks that we're studying. Could you be one of them? Want to participate?

Who is this "we"?

29 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

Like.png

What the Fuck are you on about? Are you claiming i have messaged you? Well feel free to post any pm's you like from me you deranged bitch. You have a blog as well? Well i would have as much interest in commenting on that as I would have in reading anything written by a nobody attention whore like you. Why don't you get a pateron account like all the other attention seeking wanabes?

Now post those PM's from me you lying cunt of a thing.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

Feeling a little crabby today, huh? You think SA is 'big leagues?' So why is there a 'Whiner' category on the Leaderboard? Btw, SA is a site for loser hacks that we're studying. Could you be one of them? Want to participate?

I'm always crabby, the blues come and go. I was unaware of this thread until this A.M. so can't comment on that. I know for sure tho that your bitching about the language and tone of the site is silly. It's a voluntary space but noooooooo! Captain Gigi is gonna change dat shit!

I doubt it, Sweet Cheeks. You'll be slinking away soon with that cute little butt tweak you've mastered.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Captain Gigi said:

What are you smoking today, @LB 15? A Sunday special blend? No further comment until you start using words with more than one syllable and four letters.

So where are the pm's you claim I have sent you? Put up or shut the fuck up you lying pos.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

Erratum, fuckwits.png

LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!  What did you do with your AC/DC sock puppet? Did the Mods bin it?

• Like 4
  • Downvote 2

I see how this rating works. If the power-that-be likes the comments, it slaps up a Like or Dislike icon on your post. If it doesn't like it, it removes all icons. Ah, ain't anarchy grand?!

And there is nothing you hate more than being ignored...

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

I see how this rating works. If the power-that-be likes the comments, it slaps up a Like or Dislike icon on your post. If it doesn't like it, it removes all icons. Ah, ain't anarchy grand?!

Maybe it should have a lieing pos rating. How are you going with those PM's? Can't find them?

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Captain Gigi said:

Thanks for not ignoring what I say, post, LB 15.

I wouldnt be that cruel. Now you have claimed I harassed you in a PM. So either post it or fuck off. Oh yes and I have reported you for that as well. 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 2

Aw, if there are any PMs with my name on them, we all know you wrote them, @LB 15. Anything I had/have to say to you, I did/do so publicly. Methinks a setup is being planned by you(?). Planning on having me "BANNED?"

Huh? So you are now claiming I didn't send you any PM's? So why did you claim a few posts ago that i did? And yes I am hopping to have you banned. Accusing someone of being a sexual predator is as bad as calling someone a pedo, so yep i hope you are banned. 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 2

You are in a snarky mood today, aren't you, love?

Why would I be? Just because some loser tries to pimp some blog by accusing me a harassing her doesn't mean i get snarky. In case you haven't noticed i love a good shitfight.

Now how about those PM's petal? 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

We'll all be ignoring you soon, Sweetie. This is kinda fun right now tho but it won't end well for you.

^ This.

Did we ever see her cans?

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, charisma94 said:

^ This.

Did we ever see her cans?

I think in one post somewhere she revealed she is pretty old.  Like way old.  Are you sure you want to see them?  Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong if you do want to...

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Perverts. Wanting to see a 74-year-old, Jewish woman's tits. You're all nothing but perverts. And someone (whose name y'all know) claims to be receiving harassing PMs from me, too? Wishful or perverting thinking, boyz?

You doint sonde licke oldere pearson, I thick thast anorthere lie.                                           :)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Perverts. Wanting to see a 74-year-old, Jewish woman's tits. You're all nothing but perverts. And someone (whose name y'all know) claims to be receiving harassing PMs from me, too? Wishful or perverting thinking, boyz?

I will own up to being a pervert but I think it is clear from what I wrote that I don't need to see your tits.  I was giving Charisma98 the benefit of the doubt, because you know, there are probably some perverts out there that have a fetish for septuagenarian Jewish women's tits.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Thissis alle parte of Chenn-trailles                                  :)

Dick Cheney? Knew he was behind it. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, Timo42 said:

Dick Cheney? Knew he was behind it. :ph34r:

Wait a minute.  Capn' Gigi is Dick Cheney's sock puppet????

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Uncooperative Tom said:

Says everything where the broker is fixing shit and sorting build issues  before the buyer gets his brand new boat!! 

1 minute ago, soak_ed said:

Wait a minute.  Capn' Gigi is Dick Cheney's sock puppet????

That would explain a lot...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

I will own up to being a pervert but I think it is clear from what I wrote that I don't need to see your tits.  I was giving Charisma98 the benefit of the doubt, because you know, there are probably some perverts out there that have a fetish for septuagenarian Jewish women's tits.

I prefer old Episcopalian titties meself. Jes sayin.

• Downvote 1

@Zapata, bring down your hammer on these po' boys who are picking on me, a little, 74-year-old, Jewish woman, who knows what's what. The SA rating system didn't work in the past, and it looks like your tweaking has done nothing for it now. (Caveat: This is not 'whining,' just doing my bit in keeping the SA site clean.)

cc: @LB 15

Ya know, I generally like ladies significantly younger than myself, but I am open minded.  At first you annoyed me, but you are kinda spunky.  I am only 12 years younger than you and I don't have a pot belly and I have my own teeth.  I'll be coming to the US in the spring, my daughter is going to deliver twins this winter.  So you know, well, just sayin'.

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, mikewof said:

Say what you will about the boat, Roger knew how to make money with a mold. He had a businessman's approach to the production on those. I have a lot of respect that he was able to keep a relative amount of safety on a too-cheap build, and then price it so that he made money but also kept the price low enough to sell them for a couple generations.

Given that, WTF happened with his daughter? Why didn't she just continue selling the boat with the existing brand instead of switching the production to Tattoo? For whatever Macgregor was, people at least recognized the name. And Tattoo isn't a new boat, isn't she using the same molds?

It's all part of the reason why I'm saving my shekels for a Sage. Aside from being made in my neighborhood, I like to spend time around objects that are built with high precision and quality control. The difference of course, is that Sage is actually pretty fast and apparently sails very well for a boat that costs less than a Toyota Corolla.

So how long have you been on first name terms with Roger?

1 minute ago, mad said:

So how long have you been on first name terms with Roger?

C'mon Mad, it's Mikey.  There isn't anybody or anything that he doesn't know.  Just ask him!

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Ishmael said:

I have 117 unread notifications, I just ignore them. 

14 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

Strange how you now claim I've sent you Personal Messages, since I've Ignored you, and only know about and respond to your messages when I go offline. Are you implicating yourself, dearie?

Ain't the SA site grand?.png

You're digging faster. You need to know that you don't get to rank your own posts, so you only see them on other's posts.

• Like 1

Wishful thinkin', m'boy, wishful thinkin'.

I'm hurt.  I am a very sensitive guy.  I just want you to know that. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Not me. 

Nope, you're wrong. The only icons that appear on my posts are Dislike icons now, the Like icons only appear on those disagreeing with what I post; the environment is changing, as we speak. <sigh>

@Zapata, where are you?

You're missing the point and I'm giving up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Gigi said:

Like.png

Well I added a like, just to see if it worked. 

How did you discover that the Ed and the non-existent webmaster had blocked this??!!

they can't even sort the spam, post numbers, or a new pink media flag. 

What are you smoking today, @LB 15? A Sunday special blend? No further comment until you start using words with more than one syllable and four letters.

And there goes the rating thing again. 

Somerhing tells me we're not hearing all of the story between you two? Care to let us know? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

And there is nothing you hate more than being ignored...

For that comment, I'm voting you down a point. Anything more would be an insult. 

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

I wouldnt be that cruel. Now you have claimed I harassed you in a PM. So either post it or fuck off. Oh yes and I have reported you for that as well. 

You got an upgrade point for that one, nobody likes a squealer. 

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Huh? So you are now claiming I didn't send you any PM's? So why did you claim a few posts ago that i did? And yes I am hopping to have you banned. Accusing someone of being a sexual predator is as bad as calling someone a pedo, so yep i hope you are banned. 

Details please?

vote changed accordingly. 

3 minutes ago, mad said:

You got an upgrade point for that one, nobody likes a squealer. 

Coming from a guy whose avatar is a pig, well, that's just terribly ironic isn't it?

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

I'm just going with the you being a troll theory now. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

C'mon Mad, it's Mikey.  There isn't anybody or anything that he doesn't know.  Just ask him!

Good point, what was I thinking of? 

Wait for the obligatory stalking accusations next 

50 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

It's now all just too, too silly even for my even-tempered psyche. Taking my keyboard, and going home.

You get a like for that one. 

ps, I kept voting for you, maybe that's what broke the scoreboard. 

Sorry 

22 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

Coming from a guy whose avatar is a pig, well, that's just terribly ironic isn't it?

You win a vote and a gold star. :lol:

Nope, you're wrong. The only icons that appear on my posts are Dislike icons now, the Like icons only appear on those disagreeing with what I post; the environment is changing, as we speak. <sigh>

@Zapata, where are you?

Well rest assured princess sandy, I haven't added either way to your fascination with your number of likes. Now how are you going producing those imaginary pm's you claim I sent you? You know, the ones where I sexually harassed you? 

Good lord I just read your latest post! Did you watch 'happy days' when you were younger? Do you recall an episode with the Fonz water sking?

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Maybe it should have a lieing pos rating. How are you going with those PM's? Can't find them?

LB, it's spelled PMS - all caps and no apostrophe.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Give it a rest, @LB 15. You've become more than tedious. Here are my SA Archived Messages. Nowhere are there messages to or from you. Give it up, boy.

This is my SA Messages Archive, @LB 15. You're delusional or maybe live on another plane somewhere. (Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 7.36.10 PM).png

You PM with Gouv and you call me creepy...

• Like 5
  • Downvote 2

It's now all just too, too silly even for my even-tempered psyche. Taking my keyboard, and going home.

We need to gather our forces and get her rating changed from total douchebag to whiner.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

LB, it's spelled PMS - all caps and no apostrophe.

Yes and I am getting a whiff of cheap gin on her breath.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

I am a lawyer. @LB 15@SloopJonB

Well you have the unintelligible writing and the asshole parts of that trade down pat.

Oh, and the liar part too - several posts back you said you were taking your ball & bat and going home

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Captain Gigi said:

I am a lawyer. Just to save time, let's just all agree that I am right and you are wrong, @LB 15 and @SloopJonB.

IMG_3315.JPG

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

Women don't get a vote on Sailing Anarchy, just "software malfunctions" that mansplain why not. No, true to form there's the DownVote icon, but still no Like icon on yet another of my posts.

Women smart enough to figure out how to do it get full voting privileges here - just like the men.

Apparently you ain't got it.

Surprising for a "lawyer".

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

I actually thought you were an intelligent Canadian once,

what a sarcasm font looks like.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

don't know who to cheer for Cptn Gspot or the Dodgers or Fucking Sucking chargers

all looking about the same

• Like 3

'My ignore list has been hacked' 

Must be like that scene in the walking dead when they left the prison gate open.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

No, it'll give satisfaction to @LB 15, who's threatened to have me BANNED for fictitious PMs he claims I sent him despite me revealing my archived SA Messages, where there's no evidence of any Messages to or from him. He's been into the drink tonight, I think.

Great argument Gigi. Do you normal drink this much before you go to court?

• Like 5
  • Downvote 2