• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
nacradriver

Community Reputation Points

20 minutes ago, Son of a Sailor said:

Woody - To quote Lloyd Bentsen . . . I served with Lesbian Robot. I knew Lesbian Robot. Lesbian Robot was a friend of mine. Woody, you're no Lesbian Robot:lol:

I met him a couple of times. Nice guy.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, soak_ed said:
30 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I met him a couple of times. Nice guy.

Who, Bentsen?

No, Lesbian Robot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chinabald said:

The anti satin. What is that? Canvas? 

Poly tarps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chinabald said:

The anti satin. What is that? Canvas? 

The opposite of this, I guess.

49e2e4501d8d7a53ea8db1efdff9efd2.jpg

• Downvote 1

Interesting pattern?  And it goes on.  Looks like the only contribution from some is down-voting en mass.

image.png.28c2fd5daa41a7bd898cf9e600867509.png

2 minutes ago, random said:

Interesting pattern?  And it goes on.  Looks like the only contribution from some is down-voting en mass.

image.png.28c2fd5daa41a7bd898cf9e600867509.png

Image result for not this again

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

What did I ever do to that rat?   :blink:

I only looked at it because the post of mine down-voted was completely neutral.  Baffling.  Looks like he's on a mission regardless of the post content.

2 hours ago, random said:

I only looked at it because the post of mine down-voted was completely neutral.  Baffling.  Looks like he's on a mission regardless of the post content.

Another Da Woody sock?

12 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Another Da Woody sock?

You and Captain GiGi are the only ones I'm using

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soak_ed said:

What did I ever do to that rat?   :blink:

I don't think he's downvoting you, is he?

But he is hard right stupid, so it's not hard to set those guys off. He had to do something now that he smashed up his Keurig.

3 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I don't think he's downvoting you, is he?

But he is hard right stupid, so it's not hard to set those guys off. He had to do something now that he smashed up his Keurig.

Especially since he destroyed his microwave and his toaster before he got the right appliance.

• Like 1

Over 500 downvotes(!)--given by a few asshole nutcases-the same ones who have attacked me for years with ignorant bullshit! I have nothing but contempt for the system and the participants in my lynching!!!!

And now one single person has over 2 pages to her "credit"! 

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/notifications/

• Downvote 7

3 minutes ago, Doug Lord said:

Over 500 downvotes(!)--given by a few asshole nutcases-the same ones who have attacked me for years with ignorant bullshit! I have nothing but contempt for the system and the participants in my lynching!!!!

You do realise thats just a list of lots of people responding to lots of threads??

Have another down vote for being idiot. 

1 hour ago, mad said:
1 hour ago, Doug Lord said:

You do realise thats just a list of lots of people responding to lots of threads??

Have another down vote for being idiot. 

And being a pompous dumbass named "Doug"

I don't exactly worry about being mistaken for him, but it's bad enough sharing a name with other not-very-good Dougs and then this mega-twit shows up here.

-DSK

1 hour ago, Doug Lord said:

You realize that you need somewhere around 20 upvotes to be classified as a Whiner don't you?

2 hours ago, Doug Lord said:

Seven people* are responsible for 471(90% of totalvotes) down votes. That is a LYNCH MOB! And that is proof that this system is bullshit and totally meaningless.

* that is: exceptional assholes

• Downvote 5

Or there's being Stuck @ 666 :unsure:

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Doug Lord said:

Seven people* are responsible for 471 down votes. That is a LYNCH MOB! And that is proof that this system is bullshit and totally meaningless.

Foiled Again !! :)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Doug Lord said:

Seven people* are responsible for 471 down votes. That is a LYNCH MOB! And that is proof that this system is bullshit and totally meaningless.

Not wanting to engage in a internet shitfight with someone I don't know over something absolutely meaningless, I am curious...genuinely so....what is the impact to you of "downvotes"? How exactly does it change your world. I mean......If I have 12,000 down or up votes on some internet BB..........it does not impact me or change my life in any aspect. I'm just wondering why it seems to mean so much to you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Not wanting to engage in a internet shitfight with someone I don't know over something absolutely meaningless, I am curious...genuinely so....what is the impact to you of "downvotes"? How exactly does it change your world. I mean......If I have 12,000 down or up votes on some internet BB..........it does not impact me or change my life in any aspect. I'm just wondering why it seems to mean so much to you.

I haven't really decided what it means-the only thing I'm real clear on is that this system allows, even encourages, the modern version of a lynch mob. 90% of total votes by just 7 people is an injustice and that pisses me off. If it can happen to me-it could happen to anybody.

• Downvote 10

6 minutes ago, Point Break said:

TRUMP tweeted that Likes will be 1/2 of FICO scores starting Jan 2018

so there's that

FUCKING STUPID !!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2uRAslQ.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Doug Lord said:

I haven't really decided what it means-the only thing I'm real clear on is that this system allows, even encourages, the modern version of a lynch mob. 90% of total votes by just 7 people is an injustice and that pisses me off. If it can happen to me-it could happen to anybody.

But unless it matters to you how is it an injustice? I mean the whole website is just meaningless entertainment. I guess I must just view it differently. Carry on. Thanks.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Doug Lord said:

Lynch mob - really?   Smear campaign - you bet!

50 minutes ago, Doug Lord said:

I'd say it's more like the holocaust than anything.

DL has basked in his insufferability for almost a decade at this point. That its finally being verified via metrics now should be no surprise.

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

But unless it matters to you how is it an injustice? I mean the whole website is just meaningless entertainment. I guess I must just view it differently. Carry on. Thanks.

ya i hit the un-like Just because that post looked nekid w/o one :rolleyes:

I hit like on another to cancel it out .............

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

But you rightfully deserve it Doug, that’s the difference. 

I've had FL on ignore for YEARS now and now you'all's gotta start quoting him....

Every time I look at a Woody post I feel dumber. Every once in a while I just open the Ignore Door and there it is.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Every time I look at a Woody post I feel dumber. Every once in a while I just open the Ignore Door and there it is.

You reminde me of thisse guye.                :)

4 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

White guys just get tasared?

18 hours ago, Doug Lord said:
18 hours ago, Point Break said:

It could also be that people genuinely don't like you. Seven accounts downvote stalking you is pretty high, I mean I've got a LOT of people that hate me here and I only attracted Da-Woody as a downvote stalker. Keep in mind this was before the votes were made public too; it seems these people don't care that they are seen doing what they are doing.

You will recall that I fielded Reports from users for years. I've never seriously interacted with you in any threads that I recall...but I have dealt with a LOT of reports about you and had to clean up the messes. If memory serves you've also been given a few extended breaks from here.

So I've known of you by reputation, and I've seen some of your worst posts. Seeing you get downvoted heavily doesn't surprise me at all given the sentiments I've had expressed over the years via people howling to get rid of you.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

It could also be that people genuinely don't like you. Seven accounts downvote stalking you is pretty high, I mean I've got a LOT of people that hate me here and I only attracted Da-Woody as a downvote stalker. Keep in mind this was before the votes were made public too; it seems these people don't care that they are seen doing what they are doing.

You will recall that I fielded Reports from users for years. I've never seriously interacted with you in any threads that I recall...but I have dealt with a LOT of reports about you and had to clean up the messes. If memory serves you've also been given a few extended breaks from here.

So I've known of you by reputation, and I've seen some of your worst posts. Seeing you get downvoted heavily doesn't surprise me at all given the sentiments I've had expressed over the years via people howling to get rid of you.

I don't know BJ-theres a big difference  between me and you-since I started here I've always advocated for new technology which pissed off the people that didn't like foils or movable ballast or new boats using this tech. I remember when a famous Mothie said there could be no foilers bigger than a Moth. I was attacked then by some of the Dark 7 because I said that was wrong. I  said there would be foiling keelboats and was ridiculed because of saying that- and lo and behold Hugh Welbourn designed the first foiling keelboat in 2015. I said there would be foilers in the Americas Cup way before there were. I said foiling would change every aspect of sailing way before it did. Each time I made a point like that I was attacked by the same lowlifes that downvote me now. Now they see their chance to get back at me for emphatically disagreeing with the status quo and they're going for it.

I posted about the foil system on the Fire Arrow and was attacked because of that and my insistence that it was a tremendous advance in trimaran design. And lo and behold some multimillion dollar trimaran programs have adopted similar systems.

I've made some asinine posts and been wrong-but I've been right 100 times more than I've been wrong. There's a lot more going on here besides some low life "not liking me".

• Downvote 6

And, we still haven't heard from the most popular guy, Gouv, liked 1500+ times. Gouv, you got some 'splaining to do. Put the cap back on that can o' thinner and give us de scoop, please.

3 hours ago, Doug Lord said:

I don't know BJ-theres a big difference  between me and you-since I started here I've always advocated for new technology which pissed off the people that didn't like foils or movable ballast or new boats using this tech. I remember when a famous Mothie said there could be no foilers bigger than a Moth. I was attacked then by some of the Dark 7 because I said that was wrong. I  said there would be foiling keelboats and was ridiculed because of saying that- and lo and behold Hugh Welbourn designed the first foiling keelboat in 2015. I said there would be foilers in the Americas Cup way before there were. I said foiling would change every aspect of sailing way before it did. Each time I made a point like that I was attacked by the same lowlifes that downvote me now. Now they see their chance to get back at me for emphatically disagreeing with the status quo and they're going for it.

Note to newbies- this is all Doug Lord's imaginary self-serving bullshit......

I posted about the foil system on the Fire Arrow and was attacked because of that and my insistence that it was a tremendous advance in trimaran design. And lo and behold some multimillion dollar trimaran programs have adopted similar systems.

I've made some asinine posts and been wrong-but I've been right 100 times more than I've been wrong. There's a lot more going on here besides some low life "not liking me".

No, you've been a bullying zealot and an insufferable pompous ass, and you've tried hard to suppress any opinion other than your own. You've told world champion sailors that they know less than you about sailing. You've tried to equate your little toys (which don't even sail, apparently) with America's Cup foiler technology, including telling SA'ers who have worked in design offices that they're wrong and you're right. And you don't know basic physics or basic design principles, you're just a conceited dumbass.

Doug Lord, you've worked hard to kill any discussion of foiling that doesn't revolve around you and your idiocy. This place would be better if you took a fucking hint and went away.

-DSK

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

And, we still haven't heard from the most popular guy, Gouv, liked 1500+ times. Gouv, you got some 'splaining to do. Put the cap back on that can o' thinner and give us de scoop, please.

47 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

He gives good, useful advice.

Gouv knows more about the working guts of fiberglass than any living man (or beast). And is an invaluable font of knowledge about early one-designs. Plus he's funny as hell.

+1 !!!

-DSK

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

He gives good, useful advice.

He also has a bunch of socks who ran up the numbers in the last "Like Button" go-round. Apparently those points stayed attached through several software upgrades, unlike such useless things as the Search function.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

He also has a bunch of socks who ran up the numbers in the last "Like Button" go-round. Apparently those points stayed attached through several software upgrades, unlike such useless things as the Search function.

I've always had trouble getting on the same page with Gouv. He's doubtless good at his day job, and I hope he keeps it. The rest? He can be funny or not. I recall his last melt down and there was no fun there. There, there was no fun.

7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Jesus fucking Christ. You really are the total package American Seppo asshole. If we were in Hollywood instead of the internet I’d call you Harvey.

You’re a fucking nasty ass fat toad.

• Downvote 5

15 minutes ago, FillYourBoots said:

Jesus fucking Christ. You really are the total package American Seppo asshole. If we were in Hollywood instead of the internet I’d call you Harvey.

You’re a fucking nasty ass fat toad.

Why thanks, Grumpy. I love you too.

Coming from one of the biggest twats I've ever had the pleasure of flicking, this means a lot to me.

5 hours ago, Doug Lord said:

All that is your perception of things. It doesn't necessarily reflect reality.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FillYourBoots said:
18 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Why thanks, Grumpy, I love you too.

I don’t get it? WTF is wrong with you????

Bigger question, Grumpy, is WTF is wrong with you?

You've done nothing but bitch about this place for years. I can't remember the last time you joined a sailing discussion. And you hate all the moderators and admins, former and present, because they don't kow-tow to your bitching and moaning about how things should be done.

I don't understand your fascination with the place or why you keep coming back again and a again with new socks after you've been banned repeatedly.

It's not in my power any more to ban you now, which is why you can still read this.

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

No, you've been a bullying zealot and an insufferable pompous ass, and you've tried hard to suppress any opinion other than your own. You've told world champion sailors that they know less than you about sailing. You've tried to equate your little toys (which don't even sail, apparently) with America's Cup foiler technology, including telling SA'ers who have worked in design offices that they're wrong and you're right. And you don't know basic physics or basic design principles, you're just a conceited dumbass.

Doug Lord, you've worked hard to kill any discussion of foiling that doesn't revolve around you and your idiocy. This place would be better if you took a fucking hint and went away.

-DSK

That's just incredible garbage!!

• Downvote 4

58 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Bigger question, Grumpy, is WTF is wrong with you?

You've done nothing but bitch about this place for years. I can't remember the last time you joined a sailing discussion. And you hate all the moderators and admins, former and present, because they don't kow-tow to your bitching and moaning about how things should be done.

I don't understand your fascination with the place or why you keep coming back again and a again with new socks after you've been banned repeatedly.

It's not in my power any more to ban you now, which is why you can still read this.

I asked first you fat cunt. WTF is wrong with you????

i don’t give a fuck who you think I am. I’m not interested in your fat ass fantasies.

• Downvote 4

58 minutes ago, FillYourBoots said:

I asked first you fat cunt. WTF is wrong with you????

i don’t give a fuck who you think I am. I’m not interested in your fat ass fantasies.

You attacked me, you miserable shitstain. I don't owe a delusional, nasty piece of garbage like you anything.

Oop's thought this was the Best Rock Steady Song Intro thread :o:o:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::)

carrie on :rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

Missed it again by ........ that much :unsure:

• Downvote 1

Figured by now someone would have voted me Up or Down at least by 1 :unsure:

AssWholes the LOT of ya !!!! :angry:

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

Figured by now someone would have voted me Up or Down at least by 1 :unsure:

AssWholes the LOT of ya !!!! :angry:

an you wondere why we macke a specialle effortte foure you.........                     :)

5 hours ago, Doug Lord said:
8 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

That's just incredible garbage!!

So you agree that you're a bullying zealot and an insufferable pompous ass? Or do you not know what those words mean?

Tell you what, start by proving you understand basic physics..... how does a foil generate lift? Hint- a good start is to define the forces.

Anybody want to bet he can do it?

-DSK

• Like 2

Doug, I try so hard to not get involved in your ranting but to even care about these silly points shows a level of self absorption that is disturbing.

Let it go.

• Like 1

I  don't know Doug from a funky ass mutt from the dog pound, but I almost gave him a down vote for all his whinging.  

• Like 1

I thought he was just pissed that it was only 6 or 7 people doing it so I downvoted every post of his I could find just to spread things around.

Are you saying that isn't what he wanted?

10 minutes ago, floating dutchman said:

Had to put woody back to 666 while I was there too.

635386849055727603.jpg

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DtM said:

Maybe Doug can get to -666 to balance out Woody !!

- 560 and counting it appears

20 hours ago, Doug Lord said:

I don't know BJ-theres a big difference  between me and you-since I started here I've always advocated for new technology which pissed off the people that didn't like foils or movable ballast or new boats using this tech.

There must be another explanation.

In addition to advocating and using really "out there" tech, Paul Larsen acts a bit goofy at times and even emphasized the point by wearing a speed cap that looked suspiciously like a dunce cap in one of his videos.

And yet he seems to evoke a different response than you do. Why?

(For those unfamiliar, I'm a huge Sailrocket fan.)

Maybe because he doesn't spend a lot of time on SA advocating unpopular ideas?

• Downvote 8

13 minutes ago, Doug Lord said:

"Aye, there's the rub"...

20 minutes ago, Doug Lord said:

He also never repeat posted on multiple threads claiming that his ideas were being used by other projects, or giving them ridiculous names! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

I just scrolled up, gave him a few down votes, seems to be pissing him off.

Had to put woody back to 666 while I was there too.

I finally have someone to ignore now that I paid 5 min attention to Da Woody and saw what he's about, so I've left the downvoting to you sir, and it seems to be going well. Keep up the good work. :D

4 hours ago, Doug Lord said:

I'd be willing to bet that he can at least give a basic explanation of "LIFT"

People who go on and on about how brilliant and innovative they are, when they are in reality clueless fat clucks, are inherently annoying. I just thought I'd help you out by explaining this to you.

-DSK