• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
nacradriver

Community Reputation Points

Apparently there's some kinda fuckedupness intrinsic in this rating system...or how do you explain this...-2085???

Screenshot_2017-11-17-17-51-34.png

8 hours ago, mad said:
21 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

You can see that he downvoted you.

He's got a large rash over the reputation system.

That’s not from the reputation system, that’s all the cougars. 

I was talking about DL, not DW.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grabbler said:

Apparently there's some kinda fuckedupness intrinsic in this rating system...or how do you explain this...-2085???

Screenshot_2017-11-17-17-51-34.png

She must have been active in 2010 when we had the system last enabled.

We probably a few misogynistic assholes that took the time and socks to systematically downvote her. If you remember, someone even took the time to clone her profile and pretend to be her. A someone who may be into gang downvoting with sock brigades, wood be my guess.

Yes, BJ, you are correct.  In faireness, things have changed since then. 

Having popped back in here for the first time in a while, I'm pleasantly surprised. That said, once upon a time I'd have a go at other women sailors, and I really regret that dynamic. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, NautiGirl said:

Yes, BJ, you are correct.  In faireness, things have changed since then. 

Having popped back in here for the first time in a while, I'm pleasantly surprised. That said, once upon a time I'd have a go at other women sailors, and I really regret that dynamic. 

Changed with you, or changed with some of the asshats on this forum?

A few of your worst attackers have either buggered off or been banned.

On 10/27/2017 at 4:48 PM, Bus Driver said:

Ah, so now we have a way for chickenshits to lob grenades under cover of anonymity.  

Be a fucking adult and own what you say.

This is bullshit.

Oyé, oyé

reality: we are all assholes, and shit like rating systems just doesn’t work. BJ, aren’t you a mod? Please turn it off.

SA is one of the few fora in which one can get good advice because of its honesty. Unfortunately, SA has begun to drift into another morph of CF, and having a rating system is yet another symptom of SA’s decline. Nobody with ever half a brain needs ratings to figure out who is worth reading; honest replies to spurious posts tell the tale. That is how Anarchy works in its purest form. Morons (for the most part) fear to enter here, and that is a good thing. CF is a good place for ‘em.

9 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I was talking about DL, not DW.

Don’t dare think how DL gets his rash :o

6 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Changed with you, or changed with some of the asshats on this forum?

A few of your worst attackers have either buggered off or been banned.

Both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NautiGirl said:

Both.

FYI yer BOX is Full :lol:

anyway, I tried to send the following:

Your latest post show maturity 

the likes BS is nothing more than, as if everyone was timewarped back to pre-skool and handed their old report card

I'm Not asking Anything about/of you

Jus sayin your post of late read as from a better person & welcome back

over and out !!

9 hours ago, Max Rockatansky said:

Oyé, oyé

reality: we are all assholes, and shit like rating systems just doesn’t work. BJ, aren’t you a mod? Please turn it off.

SA is one of the few fora in which one can get good advice because of its honesty. Unfortunately, SA has begun to drift into another morph of CF, and having a rating system is yet another symptom of SA’s decline. Nobody with ever half a brain needs ratings to figure out who is worth reading; honest replies to spurious posts tell the tale. That is how Anarchy works in its purest form. Morons (for the most part) fear to enter here, and that is a good thing. CF is a good place for ‘em.

No, I'm not a moderator. Haven't been for some time.

Scot turned it on. This is his zoo and his monkeys, not mine.

3 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

the likes BS is nothing more than, as if everyone was timewarped back to pre-skool and handed their old report card

over and out !!

Hey NG, nice to see you around here again. 

Unfortunately, you’re biggest fan/stalker is still here.  

33 minutes ago, mad said:
3 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

over and out !!

Yeah, if I was NG I'd have him blocked on messaging, too. He's a bit creepy in his approach to her.

As far as this incoherent dink's opinion on being a "better person", I think that's a hard pass.

10 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Is there anyone who doesn't have Woody on ignore?

A couple at least. People keep quoting him.

4 hours ago, mad said:

Thanks, bud.

I've been lurking on and off. I've more or less adopted the cruising lifestyle so not much to add or contribute here these days.

3 minutes ago, NautiGirl said:

Thanks, bud.

I've been lurking on and off. I've more or less adopted the cruising lifestyle so not much to add or contribute here these days.

Cruising as in "living on a boat and traveling to other places?"  Nice.

8 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Cruising as in "living on a boat and traveling to other places?"  Nice.

The Better Half took our boat south last winter. I'm not in a position to retire, so I had to make do with vacations, but spent 10 days in January in the BVI and 3 weeks in March in Guadeloupe/Les Saintes and Dominica. If things go as planned, he'll do the same thing in 2018,  though it sounds like he wants a bigger boat before he heads down there again. He's also talked of buying one down there, so who knows? Whatever makes him happy. :)

Fantastic way of life and a great way to travel, as you know. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NautiGirl said:

The Better Half took our boat south last winter. I'm not in a position to retire, so I had to make do with vacations, but spent 10 days in January in the BVI and 3 weeks in March in Guadeloupe/Les Saintes and Dominica. If things go as planned, he'll do the same thing in 2018,  though it sounds like he wants a bigger boat before he heads down there again. He's also talked of buying one down there, so who knows? Whatever makes him happy. :)

Fantastic way of life and a great way to travel, as you know. 

Nice! Let me know when you're going to go full time...

4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Nice! Let me know when you're going to go full time...

Well, Gumby won't let me bring the cats on the boat unless there's a zombie apocalypse so it'll probably be about 20 years until that happens. :lol:

3 minutes ago, NautiGirl said:

Well, Gumby won't let me bring the cats on the boat unless there's a zombie apocalypse so it'll probably be about 20 years until that happens. :lol:

Cat's aren't such a problem if you stick to the Caribbean, I think. So long as they stay boat cats.

2 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Cat's aren't such a problem if you stick to the Caribbean, I think. So long as they stay boat cats.

Other than the sail loft, the boat is the one place in his life that is cat hair free. He wants to keep it that way.

1 hour ago, NautiGirl said:

Other than the sail loft, the boat is the one place in his life that is cat hair free. He wants to keep it that way.

You can shave them, you know. It's not fun for anyone, but it's possible.

Far better than waxing, cats hate waxing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

You can shave them, you know. It's not fun for anyone, but it's possible.

Far better than waxing, cats hate waxing.

I see what you did there...

;)

WL

5 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

DL, when I go linke I gette alle my notifictiones.                            :)

About 580(or more) of my(640) downvotes are from about 6 jackasses......I guess the link is useless.....

• Downvote 5

38 minutes ago, Doug Lord said:

About 580(or more) of my(640) downvotes are from about 6 jackasses......I guess the link is useless.....

It is, because it takes us to our own notifications, not yours.

7 hours ago, Doug Lord said:

You really take this shit seriously don't you?

Did you get a lot of wedgies and swirlies as a middle school kid?

I suspect that idiot sock Mickey Rat accounts for a high percentage of yours so consider the source - do you really want to let your feelings be hurt by the dumbest special class kid in school?

Woody, could you put your socks away.   That's twice today I've had to "correct" your score.

DL, I'm doing my best to make that 7 jackasses, It's the least I can do, no need for thanks.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, floating dutchman said:

Woody, could you put your socks away.   That's twice today I've had to "correct" your score.

DL, I'm doing my best to make that 7 jackasses, It's the least I can do, no need for thanks.

You "are" one of my socks

fully in contention for #'er 1 Most Ignoring someone crown

I maybe overdewing the use of you ;)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

On 10/29/2017 at 3:15 PM, Ishmael said:

What's with all these stupid notifications? I'm getting notifications for three different threads now, and I still have notifications turned off. This is bullshit.

You're +68. I am - 24 (headed to -666) and I don't get notifications.

4 minutes ago, warbird said:

I stopped getting notifications after the Ed thankfully turned that option off.

3 hours ago, warbird said:

-666 is the Anti Devil 

count yer blessings 

• Downvote 2

On 11/22/2017 at 7:13 PM, Doug Lord said:

So you have 60 or so down votes from everyone else? Still pretty high.