• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
southerncross

VOR Leg 2 Lisbon to Cape Town

28 minutes ago, Herman said:

All bunks are shared. Wonder how that smells after a week.

Yup. Fun also that Charles seemed to trick Xabi into responding. Almost seemed that Xabi blushed Bit of 'gotcha' fun.

edit oops, apologies. Thread has moved on

So after reading up on 2 days of racing in this thread, I see that I missed that people are

• bored with OD
  • bored with naviguessers
  • bored with Asshole4ever
  • bored with mams
  • bored with the dragrace.

So anyone interested in my noodle chicken recipe wok-style?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

So after reading up on 2 days of racing in this thread, I see that I missed that people are

• bored with OD
  • bored with naviguessers
  • bored with Asshole4ever
  • bored with mams
  • bored with the dragrace.

We's got dem drag racing blues.

• Like 2

question: What are the crew trimming when they on the forward, windward drum... And are they cross sheeting to a windward drum for the jibs?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, southerncross said:

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 7.46.26 PM.png

Help me Southern please.

What's the difference between the two graphs apart from not looking the same?

Is one more averaged and the other more peaky....

And of course if so why..

7 minutes ago, Team_GBR said:

And back to the racing.... DF has pulled some separation from Mapfree and there is now about 14.5nm between them, the most we have seen for a while. Some of that is because Mapfre has headed up a bit trying to get some leverage but I suspect some is speed related. Have Mapfre got a problem or is it a tactical move? Looking at the conditions and forecast, I suspect DF will head up a bit and I am struggling to see how Mapfre will gain from their move.

Wondered that too. Quick Squid check showed they might gain 2nm in six hours. Too, in the Live there was banter about sail config, so possibly they tried a different mode. 

6 minutes ago, Herman said:

...thanks,, but I'm already working up a chicken cumin casserole in the slow cooker. 

Rainy day here,,, and there's absolutely no way I'm going to eat freezedried mush, just to keep in th'spirit.  :mellow:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rogerfal said:

Help me Southern please.

The bottom one shows a longer time period (not looking at it at the moment).  On the bottom one to the right there are two brackets that show the clipped section in the above graph.  The top one shows the section I clipped to show relative boat speeds for the most recent and shorter time period.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rogerfal said:

Help me Southern please.

The top graph is the blow-up from the bottom graph. The selected bit is bottom right between the dividers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Team_GBR said:

Have Mapfre got a problem or is it a tactical move?

You will see over last 10 hours or so they have moving left and right..just looking for a passing lane... Others happy to tailgate except the Paintwagon might have something on.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Liquid said:

question: What are the crew trimming when they on the forward, windward drum... And are they cross sheeting to a windward drum for the jibs?

Good question.

When the drag race is on methinks we need all the data along with calibration certificates.. Plus exact sail set up to boot..

Too much IP this early in the race..

8 minutes ago, Herman said:

The top graph is the blow-up from the bottom graph. The selected bit is bottom right between the dividers.

Gotcha

Thanks

You too Southern

12 minutes ago, Liquid said:

Do you mean this set up?

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 11.00.29 PM.png

2 minutes ago, southerncross said:

BTW Gabart is hitting a 851 24 hour run (solo, South Atlantic, 100' Tri) and wearing crocs.

and laughing his socks off..

What next?

4 hours ago, Kenny Dumas said:

MAPFRE did a gentle right turn in the breeze and then came back up above DF, gained a couple nm.  Seems like another good example of sailing a course (the routing) vs sailing the local wind.  Incorporating the AIS info from the lead boat should help that strategy also.  I wonder what tools the nav has for this?

Do you define "sailing a course" as sailing a fixed compass course that was suggested by the routing (without adapting to shifts)? 

I'd think they're always sailing the "local wind", i.e. the fastest angle, with boat speed targets based on their detailed polars, and adapting to every tiny shift regardless of COG. 

Or did I get you wrong? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, k-f-u said:

Do you define "sailing a course" as sailing a fixed compass course that was suggested by the routing (without adapting to shifts)? 

I'd think they're always sailing the "local wind", i.e. the fastest angle, with boat speed targets based on their detailed polars, and adapting to every tiny shift regardless of COG. 

Or did I get you wrong? 

Say more please Kenny

4 minutes ago, couchsurfer said:

Rainy day here,,, and there's absolutely no way I'm going to eat freezedried mush, just to keep in th'spirit.  :mellow:

Well lucky for you today is the VOR Low-Carbon Cooking Show brought to you by Greenpeace. Sophie Ciszek on Mapfree is today's contributer and explains how she put together this wonderful ommlette using only ingredients found at sea. 

Thanks Conrad, well the eggs were the hard bit. Have you ever tried to catch a seagull with a boathook and a headlamp? However the really hard bit was extracting it from Vila's underpants as he was charged with getting it to lay a few eggs...the Spainard seemed to like that a bit too much for my liking, so I made Xabi put his hands down there. Anyway it was a team effort really Tukey had to dive over mid gybe and scoop up plankton....that took 10 gybes so he was pretty rooted. Pablo has the biggest melon so his job was intercepting flying fish at night..he sporting 2 black eyes today and not happy. As a family show I won't tell where the cheese came from.  Enjoy.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Well lucky for you today is the VOR Low-Carbon Cooking Show brought to you by Greenpeace. Sophie Ciszek on Mapfree is today's contributer and explains how she put together this wonderful ommlette using only ingredients found at sea. 

Thanks Conrad, well the eggs were the hard bit. Have you ever tried to catch a seagull with a boathook and a headlamp? However the really hard bit was extracting it from Vila's underpants as he was charged with getting it to lay a few eggs...the Spainard seemed to like that a bit too much for my liking, so I made Xabi put his hands down there. Anyway it was a team effort really Tukey had to dive over mid gybe and scoop up plankton....that took 10 gybes so he was pretty rooted. Pablo has the biggest melon so his job was intercepting flying fish at night..he sporting 2 black eyes today and not happy. As a family show I won't tell where the cheese came from.  Enjoy.

Fuck knows what goes on in your head but generally what comes out is some mix between challenging and creative.......

No explanation required :)

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, southerncross said:

BTW Gabart is hitting a 851 24 hour run (solo, South Atlantic, 100' Tri) and wearing crocs.

25 minutes ago, rogerfal said:

and laughing his socks off..

What next?

......not t'mention running out the boom for a batten repair,,,, with seemingly no lifeline  ........ at 34kts!   :mellow:

4 minutes ago, rogerfal said:

No explanation required :)

please,,,, nooooooo!!   :wacko:

10 minutes ago, couchsurfer said:

please,,,, nooooooo!!   :wacko:

Lovin the spirit - I mean the beer..........

Night ALL

When reaching N-S, you generally pick a course and trim sails to that course.

In E-W mode... just kidding

Somewhat seriously:  Up in the lulls, Down in the puffs (call me Captain Obvious, but they asked for more)

On free legs, it's usually fastest to pick your course, but head up in the lulls and run down with the puffs, for two reasons:

1.  You spend more time in the puffs since you run down with them in the same direction they're moving, and of course, when you reach up in the lulls, you get to the new puff sooner, so spend less time in the lulls.

2.  Reaching up in the lulls keeps your speed higher in most conditions.  You give up a little speed in the puffs by running down, but gain more by not sailing slowly in the lulls.

This REALLY works and is easily forgotten, or not used, because it's fun to head up in the puffs and go fast.  (then you wank in the lulls)

It's hard to know in these conditions what is a short term variation vs long term.  (oscillating or persistent)  So it's easiest to just pick a course and trim sails to it. The routers all get the same answer based on macro weather gradients, but there are always short term variations in wind angle and speed superimposed on the macro.  The fastest approach should be to wander above and below the course but it doesn't seem they do that as much as I'd expect. 

• Like 1

Copy that, am on the same page.

The juice is factoring that into a leg of some hundreds of miles.. Don't forget were you want to end up...

Proper tricky.

3 minutes ago, southerncross said:

Geez Kenny.  All that work and he's already nodded off to bed.

NotquitebutIreallyshould

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kenny Dumas said:

When reaching N-S, you generally pick a course and trim sails to that course.

In E-W mode... just kidding

You had me for a moment! Like your work!!:D

3 minutes ago, Team_GBR said:

You had me for a moment! Like your work!!:D

Really last post

Every forum needs one, well maybe not.

Am not dissing any recent posters.. Jack n Mad inc.

11 minutes ago, southerncross said:

Nice video from the OBR on Brunel

OBR:  So when they have to make a decision do we follow or do our own thing?"

Cape: "Do our own thing."

http://www.volvooceanrace.com/en/raw/2333.html

Wow, Thanks for that find. All these years following Cape, and those couple of seconds where he explains his thinking are the best glimpse into nav thinking I've seen yet (not that that is significant)

aside: the link worked. Safari cache problem earlier.

5 minutes ago, stief said:

Wow, Thanks for that find. All these years following Cape, and those couple of seconds where he explains his thinking are the best glimpse into nav thinking I've seen yet (not that that is significant)

aside: the link worked. Safari cache problem earlier.

We shall see who is bold and who is not.

Mapfre has been boat testing IMHO looking for that extra gear Dongfeng has (with no success).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southerncross said:

Mapfre has been boat testing IMHO looking for that extra gear Dongfeng has (with no success).

Sounds likely. Still getting a sense of Vila's 'style', or whatever it's called, and good to see DFRT hinting they may still know of a mode others haven't found. IIRC, we are about the same spot in the race last time  where someone speculated about an 'extra gear'.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, couchsurfer said:

MAPFRE did a gentle right turn in the breeze and then came back up above DF, gained a couple nm.  Seems like another good example of sailing a course (the routing) vs sailing the local wind.  Incorporating the AIS info from the lead boat should help that strategy also.  I wonder what tools the nav has for this?

1 hour ago, k-f-u said:

Or did I get you wrong? 

50 minutes ago, Kenny Dumas said:

So it's easiest to just pick a course and trim sails to it. The routers all get the same answer based on macro weather gradients, but there are always short term variations in wind angle and speed superimposed on the macro.  The fastest approach should be to wander above and below the course but it doesn't seem they do that as much as I'd expect. 

Firstly contrary to popular belief they all aren't sitting there looking at the same exact routing outcome for a million reasons too long to go into here.

In plain speak a "route" is simply a series of proposed COG's that will put the boat at a series of positions relative to anticipated TWD and TWS over time, having regard to anticipated SOG over that time interval. The result being if you sit on that moving COG and atain that SOG you always end up at those positions down the runway on schedule.

The problem then is actual TWD and TWS will always vary to anticipated and naturally produce a different result. The navigator will also have other real time variables to consider such as current, wave state etc and what he predicts might be a variance to forecast either from what he sees in the sky, barometric pressure reading or other sources such as a satelight pic that is more recent than forecasts. Then there is tactical decision making having regard to boats around you to be done to overlay the above.

After working through all that it is then simply a case of driving fast with a given sail plan to targets either VMG or Polar BS generated depending on TWA to a general COG plus or minus and which will change over time and move with the shifts. As you can see constantly shifting conditions makes the Nav's job constant and very demanding.

• Like 1

Now you're just messing with my head. I was able to read through it, and never had to turn on the squelch filter once. Immediately suspected I misread, but couldn't see where on rereading. 

Bottom line: thanks, (I think :) )

6 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Firstly contrary to popular belief they all aren't sitting there looking at the same exact routing outcome for a million reasons too long to go into here.

In plain speak a "route" is simply a series of proposed COG's that will put the boat at a series of positions relative to anticipated TWD and TWS over time, having regard to anticipated SOG over that time interval. The result being if you sit on that moving COG and atain that SOG you always end up at those positions down the runway on schedule.

The problem then is actual TWD and TWS will always vary to anticipated and naturally produce a different result. The navigator will also have other real time variables to consider such as current, wave state etc and what he predicts might be a variance to forecast either from what he sees in the sky or other sources such as a satelight pic that is more recent than forecasts. Then there is tactical decision making having regard to boats around you to be done to overlay the above.

After working through all that it is then simply a case of driving fast with a given sail plan to targets either VMG or Polar BS generated depending on TWA to a general COG plus or minus and which will change over time. As you can see shifting conditions make the Nav's job constant and very demanding.

In other words, poke your head out once in a while.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southerncross said:

In other words, poke your head out once in a while.

...and if you had eaten Sophie's omlette, you might be poking it out more regularly than required.

4 hours ago, random said:

Thanks for the down vote Maddy, does that make you feel better?  I'd return the complement but I after a couple of clicks decided the system was for pussies.

You get the vote for shitting in other threads. 

And the fact that you’re blatantly trolling.

• Like 2

Quick ee/vor/squid check: screenie shows probable positions for the 1:00 update coming up (#benchmarking). Wondering what we'll actually see. 

Screen Shot 2017-11-14 at 6.58.38 PM.png

Mad said:  You get the vote for shitting in other threads.   And the fact that you’re blatantly trolling.

Sorry disappoint you Maddy, but my contributions are honest.  Please refrain from PM'ing me, call me a cnut in public, not privately, but maybe that's an Aussie thing you should be aware of. 

When I said that the decisions Witty has made show a lack of leadership I meant it.  I have spent a lot of time leading people in business and on my own boat.  Those who disagree with my comments prefer to discount my opposing views as trolling because it makes them feel less challenged.

I'm thinking that some first timers on SW may have been looking forward to being initiated into an exclusive equator fraternity, now instead they have to deal with the complications of that going unobserved.  I can't see that being a morale booster for the team.

17 minutes ago, stief said:

Wondering what we'll actually see. 

Why are the updates always delayed?  Are they asleep?

Akzo making a move.

15 minutes ago, random said:

When I said that the decisions Witty has made show a lack of leadership I meant it.  I have spent a lot of time leading people in business and on my own boat.  ...........

I'm thinking that some first timers on SW may have been looking forward to being initiated into an exclusive equator fraternity, now instead they have to deal with the complications of that going unobserved.  I can't see that being a morale booster for the team.

...I thought your earlier comment on Witt was more to the point....

.........a good leader would have used that bit of theater as a bit of distraction, a reboot for moral,,,, makes sense.   

13 minutes ago, southerncross said:

Why are the updates always delayed?  Are they asleep?

Drip.    Feed.   :mellow:

32 minutes ago, stief said:

Quick ee/vor/squid check: screenie shows probable positions for the 1:00 update coming up (#benchmarking). Wondering what we'll actually see. 

Steif, looks like the move on Azko was correct.  We'll have to wait to see about the others. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, southerncross said:

Steif, looks like the move on Azko was correct.  We'll have to wait to see about the others. 

Update is now more recent that that screeny....the Paintwagon is definitely now on the move presumably to put a bit in the bank in advance of the breeze heading them a tad down the track,  and willing to forgo some BS to do it. Leaders see that paintspot on AIS now so what do they do.. keep going quick to get to more pressure  sooner, or follow ???

Still no update in my ee/vor or spreadsheet received  here (2:14 AM UTC), though RaceExperts show a 0:100 table. Sigh.Probably local problem, unless others on the spreadsheet mailing list didn't get the spreadsheet either. Sorry for the noise.

24 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Update is now more recent that that screeny....the Paintwagon is definitely now on the move presumably to put a bit in the bank in advance of the breeze heading them a tad down the track,  and willing to forgo some BS to do it. Leaders see that paintspot on AIS now so what do they do.. keep going quick to get to more pressure  sooner, or follow ???

Akzo about 40 miles away from Brunel, so not likely to be on AIS.

Anyway, despite the general mood here the leg is quite interesting in my book. Dongfeng impressive in holding off the attentions of Mapfre. Main story is Brunel's comeback though. Not easy to pull that one off in a one design fleet of this quality. Seems they could be contenders after all.

• Like 1

The "gains" are illusory unless they're primed to get around the high pressure in front of everyone. Going south instead of south south west is dangerous if you don't have the opportunity to sail around the high pressure. 

@Zander same. Brunel was hanging on to Akzo, and now caught Vestas. Definitely a remarkable comeback. What's been impressive is the even keel on the updates. 

2 hours ago, stief said:

GFS not any better

whatever.thumb.jpg.e60deadc91da52d28311023b9e85cd41.jpg

1 hour ago, Zander said:

Akzo about 40 miles away from Brunel, so not likely to be on AIS.

Zander tracker shows 15nm to leaders and 8nm to Brunel???? Backmarkers around 50nm so they the only ones not in AIS range.

Thanks Varan, looks like your ee/vor (forss tracker) also didn't get the 0100 update, and is still based off the update from 5 hrs ago.

I'm off to bed, so will have to check again if my computer gets an updated spreadsheet. Cheers

Now that it has quieted down here, it is good to see the discussion move back to racing. Still a well grouped pack up front...yep.jpg.ae69d3d6728e99507ebb7ef92f28de77.jpg Decent speeds.

DF seems on a mission, more straight lined than the others. Like they know where they want to go. Still anyone's game.

Looking forward to the long southern ocean legs, but probably less exciting here without marine traffic, busy Magellan Straits, fluky air and lead changes, just good old fashioned 40 kt sailing in towering waves. Serious "badassery".

2 hours ago, Varan said:

GFS not any better

whatever.thumb.jpg.e60deadc91da52d28311023b9e85cd41.jpg

To me, that image makes no sense at all.  O/D boats with the same Polars, will yield the same routing solutions.  If Df and Brunel harden up to the wind, then so do Mapfre and Vestas.

IMO, the  teams with significantly different solutions will be Plastic and Scally.  Akzo will have a slightly diff solution, though my hunch would be that routing would closely shadow the top four.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Zander tracker shows 15nm to leaders and 8nm to Brunel???? Backmarkers around 50nm so they the only ones not in AIS range.

That is true in the DTL table, which may be based on distance to Cape Town. I used the measuring tool in the Geovoile tracker and the distance shows up at around 40 miles. 

3 minutes ago, Zander said:

I used the measuring tool in the Geovoile tracker and the distance shows up at around 40 miles. 

I thought there was an intermediate WP in the tracker now to lessen that error?

Super quick and dirty routing. The routing would likely be similar for all teams. If DF goes now or in the next several hours it becomes an even more level field.  DF loses all the distance leverage they have.  On the other hand if Akzo or even Plastic go before DF, they stand to make big gains, based on the leverage they would gain.  If Scally goes first, Witless will be walking with a hobble for a loong time!

Routecomps.JPG

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Not needed anymore, since they are all on your side of the planet now!

5 hours ago, random said:

Mad said:  You get the vote for shitting in other threads.   And the fact that you’re blatantly trolling.

Sorry disappoint you Maddy, but my contributions are honest.  Please refrain from PM'ing me, call me a cnut in public, not privately, but maybe that's an Aussie thing you should be aware of. 

When I said that the decisions Witty has made show a lack of leadership I meant it.  I have spent a lot of time leading people in business and on my own boat.  Those who disagree with my comments prefer to discount my opposing views as trolling because it makes them feel less challenged.

Unless you have spent time with him you can't really tell if he's a good leader or not. You can of course have opinions, everybody does, but stating it as a fact is still stupid.

45 minutes ago, NORBowGirl said:

Unless you have spent time with him you can't really tell if he's a good leader or not. You can of course have opinions, everybody does, but stating it as a fact is still stupid.

All I have to go on are his actions, they are the only facts here.  They speak for themselves.

Edit: and if you have spent time with him, all you have are opinions.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

To the best of my knowledge, there was one temporary waypoint located somewhere in the doldrums to help make sense of the post-Madeira gybing. So I assume the next waypoint is Capetown

3 minutes ago, Zander said:

To the best of my knowledge, there was one temporary waypoint located somewhere in the doldrums to help make sense of the post-Madeira gybing. So I assume the next waypoint is Capetown

Subsequent to that another waypoint was activated. I'm not sure if it's still active. Will see if I can find a link.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, random said:

All I have to go on are his actions, they are the only facts here.  They speak for themselves.

Edit: and if you have spent time with him, all you have are opinions.

In fact I have spent time with him, but not raced with him, so I don't really have an opinion on how he is in that role. I guess that since people are different, there's not just 1 way to lead them.

I have some experience with people who claim to be great leaders, though. They never are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hitchhiker said:

Not needed anymore, since they are all on your side of the planet now!

?????.my planet is like your rubix cube and we all get automatically teleported to keep it in balance so we don't crash into earth...when in the yellow zone things tend to go a bit aspergus for me.

1 minute ago, NORBowGirl said:

In fact I have spent time with him, but not raced with him, so I don't really have an opinion on how he is in that role. I guess that since people are different, there's not just 1 way to lead them.

I have some experience with people who claim to be great leaders, though. They never are.

You repeatedly infer things that were never said.  First,  I offered no facts other than Witty's actions, i.e. no equator event.  I think he will regret that. Not surprised you have not raced with him given what he said recently.  No room for women on his boat he said.

Then I never said I was a 'great leader' or even inferred that, because I am not.

But it's interesting to hear from you though, we never know what extrapolation comes next.

The karma is weighing Witty down, will be interesting to see if the same crew continues for the next leg.

Re south atlantic waypoint I don't think it's active anymore. Using the tracker measurement tool DTF corresponds with the value given in the data table.

2 minutes ago, random said:

You repeatedly infer things that were never said.  First,  I offered no facts other than Witty's actions, i.e. no equator event.  I think he will regret that. Not surprised you have not raced with him given what he said recently.  No room for women on his boat he said.

Then I never said I was a 'great leader' or even inferred that, because I am not.

But it's interesting to hear from you though, we never know what extrapolation comes next.

The karma is weighing Witty down, will be interesting to see if the same crew continues for the next leg.

When you bring up your own leadership, commenting on how you mean that another leader is bad,  it's not to tell people you're a bad leader, is it?

Witty has always had women on his Scallywag team, also Annemieke has raced with them previously. He wouldn't take on a female crew just for the sake of it (the new rule), if he didn't know her well from before (or any male unfamiliar crew, for that matter). The only candidate, Annemieke, was with another team at the time,  but when she became available of course he wanted her to join his team. So the statement is said in a context and now being abused.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NORBowGirl said:

When you bring up your own leadership, commenting on how you mean that another leader is bad,  it's not to tell people you're a bad leader, is it?

Witty has always had women on his Scallywag team, also Annemieke has raced with them previously. He wouldn't take on a female crew just for the sake of it (the new rule), if he didn't know her well from before (or any male unfamiliar crew, for that matter). The only candidate, Annemieke, was with another team at the time,  but when she became available of course he wanted her to join his team. So the statement is said in a context and now being abused.

‘There’s no room for women on my boat’

Witt was dead against the idea months before the race, saying he didn’t want to carry extra weight and wasn’t going to be part of a “social experiment”.

“The least amount of people you can really sail on the boat is seven, so you want seven strong guys. It’s practical I think,” he says.

Ranfuck for a team you have no interest in other than wanting them to get the wooden spoon, you sure spend a lot of fucking time talking about and inviting argument about all things Witty. Did he cut your lunch or something?. 

3 minutes ago, random said:

‘There’s no room for women on my boat’

Witt was dead against the idea months before the race, saying he didn’t want to carry extra weight and wasn’t going to be part of a “social experiment”.

“The least amount of people you can really sail on the boat is seven, so you want seven strong guys. It’s practical I think,” he says.

Yes, he didn't want just any female, but then Annemieke who he already knew became available. Do you have a reading problem? Have you never changed your mind after the circumstances change? 

I certainly got the impression Witty did not want ANY women on his boat. Whatever the reason for the change I'm glad it's happened.

Witty was under pressure from multiple directions to have a female on the boat.  He had to cave while attempting to retain some macho.  So he made a deal for someone he knew.  No biggy, he probably had no choice, not his money being spent.

6 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Ranfuck for a team you have no interest in other than wanting them to get the wooden spoon, you sure spend a lot of time talking about and inviting argument about all things Witty. Did he shag your girlfriend or something?. 

Yes, but she said he was a dud.

15 minutes ago, rogerfal said:

Last couple of days Bunel looks concentrated and tuned in. Boatspeed is good, a little late but definitely not too late. I look forward to rest of this leg, who knows they might be in contention for the win of it. 

Yep.

waypoint.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rogerfal said:

Re south atlantic waypoint I don't think it's active anymore. Using the tracker measurement tool DTF corresponds with the value given in the data table.

You sure? It does not say Capetown yet @ 07Z pos report.

Schermafdruk 2017-11-15 09.29.23.png

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

You sure? It does not say Capetown yet @ 07Z pos report.

Schermafdruk 2017-11-15 09.29.23.png

No I'm not.

How does the waypoint sit on the direct route from the boats current position?

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

46 minutes ago, rogerfal said:

Re south atlantic waypoint I don't think it's active anymore. Using the tracker measurement tool DTF corresponds with the value given in the data tabl

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

Yep.

waypoint.jpg

I would be lost in space without you fine gentleman. Thank you.

40 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Ranfuck for a team you have no interest in other than wanting them to get the wooden spoon, you sure spend a lot of fucking time talking about and inviting argument about all things Witty. Did he cut your lunch or something?. 

34 minutes ago, random said:

Yes, but she said he was a dud.

Well why your fixation with him, do you think he may return to finish the sandwich???... not to mention taking out your frustrations on the Nordic Princess. You need to take a time out son. mmm I should be a Moderator.

9 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I would be lost without you fine gentleman. Thank you.

Just measured DFRT @ 07Z to CT directly via a great circle, it's 3121 nm, pos report gives DTF 3155 nm. Via the virtual waypoint 3144 nm. 

So the waypoint seems not to have been taken out yet.

DFRT via waypoint to CT.png

great circle DFRT to CT.png

• Like 2