southerncross

VOR Leg 2 Lisbon to Cape Town

4 minutes ago, PIL007 said:

While we are all on stealth may I ask where you all are living...?    I'm in Cronulla Sydney

To the right, just under the "2xxxx posts"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Sorry, no idea how to hot link the raw stuff.
It's downloadable with Firefox, so someone could upload it to YouTube and embed it here, but wow, a lot of work in front of the 'puter, for no real added benefit.

Thanks. Last time, you showed  how we could link with image Bank login IIRC,  but my request for a login there has been sitting in their new 'help ticket' queue for a month.

DOH! Links available to RawContent vids in JBC's spreadsheet. Face palm. 

4 minutes ago, stief said:

Thanks. Last time, you showed  how we could link with image Bank login IIRC,  but my request for a login there has been sitting in their new 'help ticket' queue for a month.

Now that you mention it...
This is from the Broadcast Room:

https://video.volvooceanrace.com/general-assets/video/vnr--breeze-coming-on-for-leaders-with-cape-town-finish-on-the-horizon/a/b8772750-cb9d-4102-bd96-7b57b6ae67c8

But it's just a link, because its embed feature uses HTML or so, which is not accepted by this forum (as long as you're just a poster). So, I usually download the VNRs and re-upload them to my YT account and embed them here.

• Like 2

For the DFRT fans, their website has pretty good articles. Think there are a few more details than found upthread (still catching up).

So it looks as though the pecking order is forming even if Dongfeng is going to have to fend off Vestas all the way. But Caudrelier is still concerned about that mountain. “In Cape Town you have a fantastic mountain called Table Mountain,” he said with a big smile while working the cockpit grinder. “Very famous – but the wind don’t like the mountain because the (finish) comes to the bottom of the mountain and there is no wind when we arrive.”

Stu Bannatyne, the Kiwi seven-time Volvo Ocean Race veteran who has played a key role with his heavy weather driving skills on this leg, summarised the challenge of the final stages for Dongfeng as she continued eastwards under grey skies towards the African coast.

“Obviously we were pretty disappointed to fall behind from a controlling position, but just hard work from all the team has got us back into it and we’ve got a real race on our hands now with Vestas who are just a few miles behind us,” he said. “MAPFRE are a decent chunk ahead but certainly not out of reach (at that point they were 18 miles ahead). As we know, in the final day or two into Cape Town, the weather can do all sorts of interesting things, but we remain positive and we just keep chipping away,” he added.

More here

3 hours ago, stief said:

Like the others, MAPF already thinking ahead. Spreadsheet only just came out, so forss' tracker still refreshing.

Robbie G - Always contained - consummate professional..

Love it

• Like 1

Feeling compelled to do a bit of VOR bashing.

Comment from "Race Experts"  Who the fuck are they addressing - our absent friend would probably be delirious but I can't think of anyone else who posts on this forum who would.......

RACE EXPERTS CUT THE CRAP - YOU KNOW WE KNOW YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT......SO MUCH OF WHAT YOUR OUTPUT IS FANTASTIC - PLEASE KEEP DOING WHAT YOU  ARE GOOD AT AND DON'T BELITTLE YOURSELVES WITH SUCH NONSENSE

1630 UT Tracker Update - @DongfengRacing go into stealth mode, are they looking for a final move to make to overtake MAPF and take the lead? only 170 Miles until all boats are removed from stealth mode. #watchlog

But on the other hand perhaps the experts are looking to make new careers in marketing........

Oops? What boats are in stealth again . . . .  Pro VMG readings. :) 

The stealth thing is fine between the boats but seriously for followers of the race it's a joke..

Very kind of VOR to keep putting the data out though.

1 minute ago, rogerfal said:

Oops? What boats are in stealth again . . . .  Pro VMG readings. :) 

The stealth thing is fine between the boats but seriously for followers of the race it's a joke..

Very kind of VOR to keep putting the data out though.

This is not the data you are looking for :) 

Shall we move on? Hate to ruin a good thing. How's the prostate? I'm heading for a shitty weekend preparing for a colonoscopy Monday. Race finish should d be interesting. Probably keep me running  . . . 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stief said:

Shall we move on? Hate to ruin a good thing. How's the prostate? I'm heading for a shitty weekend preparing for a colonoscopy Monday. Race finish should d be interesting. Probably keep me running  . . . 

Take your laptop or tablet to the toilet, you be spending a lot of time there in the next few days. Just saying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forestdawg said:

Take your laptop or tablet to the toilet, you be spending a lot of time their in the next few days. Just saying.

Feel drained just thinking about it. How does that song go . . " you'rve lost that eeeeeempty feee-eeling . . "

• Like 1

How come you took your post down Stief..No matter

Good luck with the clear out.

46 minutes ago, stief said:

I'm heading for a shitty weekend preparing for a colonoscopy Monday. Race finish should d be interesting. Probably keep me running  . . . 

I foresee some downtime in our future once this leg finishes.  Wondering if you could supply some entertainment for us by hiding a few small items in your colon just before the colonoscopy?  Get a video of your conversation with the good doctor afterward and post it for us?  Maybe some small shackles, split rings, and a turnbuckle or two? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Varan said:

They are late! Still waiting for VOR update..... Do do do doooo do do doooo.nnnne.

fify

This "live tracker 24h before the finish" seems not to work that well. Contraband tracker predicts 14-15h to go for MAPFRE.  Lets see if "no stealth 200nm before the finish" works any better........

That said, the race for the last 3 places is certainly on. 45-46h for them

8 hours ago, couchsurfer said:

...yah,,, someone please remind me again why the stealth boats go invisible to the viewers,,, us?   :mellow:

Like all things in the modern world we live in, the Tracker was subjected to an exhaustive Risk Analysis in terms excessive viewer energy consumption and their well being . 

It was found that a unacceptable proportion of race fans would become obsessed and this would lead to monster power bills, global warming and the Netherlands going underwater. In addition this race fan obsession would bring on a total breakdown in their lives, jobs lost, marriages broken, health spiralling downwards etc. In the US the added risk of a class action being brought against the RO for all these outcomes magnified the problem.

The answer was simple, turn the lights out. By introducing malware into the tracker, excessive log ons and viewing one particular teams data would indicate things were getting out of control in fan land. The RO would then simply cancel the Tracker data feed from that particular team, albeit effecting all users, responsible Tracker users or not. 

The notion that teams are actually going into Stealth Mode out on the race track is pure fabrication.

The mantra of the VOR being "Stopovers to the Extreme & Clean"  has been fullfilled.

• Like 3

On 23/11/2017 at 12:30 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Smart and expected thing for Witt to do is just put Scallyskirts in between Teapot and Dee and the finish and he is safe. Wonder if going dark suggests he has a Plan B and is going to attack Brunel with a high risk option?

If only they listened to you Jack. They may have tried doing that but certainly stuffed it up big time.! Dead last now

2 hours ago, stief said:

Don't do it!! 

There is a smear test which is just as accurate, much less invasive and much much less expensive.

do your research, Colonoscopy's are not the only answer.

• Like 1

Leg 02, Lisbon to Cape Town, day 18, A day of near southern ocean duelling with Akzonobel onboard Turn the Tide on Plastic.

Photo by Sam Greenfield/Volvo Ocean Race. 23 November, 2017

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 1.51.23 AM.png

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, PIL007 said:

This race is now done..... time to focus on Gabart

Just passed Cape Leeuwin.

New record from Ushant to Cape Leeuwin:  19 days 14 hours 10 minutes.

• Like 1

Set your clock boys.  It's going to be a stellar finish.  30 Knots predicted.

• Like 1

....^^....that'll reduce concern over windshadow..  :)

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Like all things in the modern world we live in, the Tracker was subjected to an exhaustive Risk Analysis in terms excessive viewer energy consumption and their well being . 

It was found that a unacceptable proportion of race fans would become obsessed and this would lead to monster power bills, global warming and the Netherlands going underwater. In addition this race fan obsession would bring on a total breakdown in their lives, jobs lost, marriages broken, health spiralling downwards etc. In the US the added risk of a class action being brought against the RO for all these outcomes magnified the problem.

The answer was simple, turn the lights out. By introducing malware into the tracker, excessive log ons and viewing one particular teams data would indicate things were getting out of control in fan land. The RO would then simply cancel the Tracker data feed from that particular team, albeit effecting all users, responsible Tracker users or not. 

The notion that teams are actually going into Stealth Mode out on the race track is pure fabrication.

The mantra of the VOR being "Stopovers to the Extreme & Clean"  has been fullfilled.

yah,, was thinkin somethin like that.

1 hour ago, Varan said:

31.6 nm and no more stealth. Brunel slide back further.

...and not a moment too soon.  <_<

...''dunno if I'll ever be able to stand on flat ground after this.  Tabletop indeed.''   :huh:

m107529_crop110015_800x800_proportional_1511474106AAE4.jpg

• Like 1

...''AAaargH''.....life of a modern day pirate

m107522_crop110015_800x800_proportional_15114732066CC3.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stief said:

Finally. Stealth off

....awww well,, not so good   :mellow:

200 to go for  Mapreader...........  Dogfang...39      Vespa....54        ...the Dutch Shoe..... 105DTL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, random said:

How many crew changes on Scally?  Someone has to pay.

Don't know, I would say that a calm evaluation would show that they did about as well as could be expected. Same is true for most other teams. Turn the Tide and Vestas probably doing a bit better than hoped for. Brunel and Akzo a bit less. Brunel had a very short lead up time but sailed a very good second week. Akzo, well they replaced the core of their crew.

For Skallywag, Brunel and Akzo, I would guess that changing crews is the same as throwing away newly gained experience and time as a team. So unless there is more interpersonal drama than we see, or someone desperately wants off, I would not expect changes. The question is also who you can get as an improvement over the current crew on short notice. Maybe in Melbourne some teams may go for a shake-up.  Brunel may leave the patient with the broken toe on shore for the next leg unless that person is very core crew.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Varan said:

Battle in the back...

dude.thumb.jpg.ec875c879b489b9c44f61c138f11879a.jpg

Nice that they have each other for company. Looks less lonely that way, and they should learn faster than when out alone.

2 hours ago, random said:

How many crew changes on Scally?  Someone has to pay.

Actually of all the teams it probably has the greatest chance of any for leaving Cape Town with the same bodies that sailed it there. 

Final routing for this leg. Euro/Gfs, 3 hr steps, 0.5res, 5 days out.  Estimated TWS at the fin between 18 and 25. J3/J4.  

Is this a portend of things to come between the top four and the bottom three?

Edit: Two things: 1. I did not adjust for UTC so add 8hrs. 2. I've had some beer and wine and I'm a little late in routing so subtract an hour! 

23rdpic.JPG

23rdsummary.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, couchsurfer said:

...need to save a screenshot of Scullwagger's current 3rd place on the dashboard.

....as good as they ever show!?   :huh:

Screenshot_20171123-111551.thumb.png.78e2c39637f2f6e057e55a1ace5fc38e.png

Probably :-)

12 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Actually of all the teams it probably has the greatest chance of any for leaving Cape Town with the same bodies that sailed it there. 

I agree Jack, Witty has always said this is about doing the race with a bunch of mates he has sailed with a long time whereas the other teams are full on pros recruited to do a job.

For example DFRT (I know but as I have said before I know the team so only likely I would use an example from them) took Marie Riou on the Sydney Hobart as a sort of final test. She has turned out to be a great choice. And as a balance Xabi on Mapfre took the likes of Rob Greenhalgh who he sailed the last race with before. Bowwe tapped up Capey for the same reason - both these world class sailors who are phenomenal at their respective roles were also a good fit for the team - basically similar motivation to Witty, the skippers knew they could get on well with them.

Top 3? Probably no changes other than planned rotation, maybe Black for Horace on DFRT. TTOP - young team probably stay the same except for any planned rotation. Akzonobel - underperformed and maybe some hard looks at who starts the leg to Melbourne. Vestas? Well nobody I know had them tagged for a podium position and here they are looking like one of the only 3 boats to have done so, have to give them credit for that so again, other than rotation no one is going to be asked to step off that boat.

So largely same same I reckon but up for hearing any conflicting ideas.

Just my thoughts

SS

• Like 2

The only question I have around changes to Witty's crew is that for some of his mates, this is the first real extended blue water racing they have done and next they face the Southern Ocean. Will anybody decide it isn't for them? I know pros who would have got off past editions if they felt they could have maintained their careers. It certainly isn't for everybody.

Sounds about right to me.
Planned rotations happen. Dee said previously that she wants to rotate the U30 a lot.
Injuries likely sit the leg out. Double points means less experiments.
Beyond that, we'll find out. Hard to tell if there was major drama.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Comsdown said:

Teams have to keep the same crew from Cape Town to HK, Melbourne only a pitstop no crew change allowed unless due to injury.

Thanks, was not aware of that. Still don't expect too many changes apart from medical issues and planned rotation.

4 minutes ago, Comsdown said:

Like stoping at the gas station for the loo.

VOR site has Melbourne as a "compressed stopover", not sure if the "pitstop" rules apply for those. I am sure someone more dedicated to reading the rules can enlighten me.

1 hour ago, Team_GBR said:

The only question I have around changes to Witty's crew is that for some of his mates, this is the first real extended blue water racing they have done and next they face the Southern Ocean.

GB, gee that is a bit of a throwaway line. 

Nearly half the crew have been around before, one was on the winning boat last edition and for the round the orange newbies maybe each with up to a decade or maybe 50,000 nm of offshore experience. 

Hardly a tour for mates that might not be up for it and some crew other teams would kill for. 

They just need to work out what makes these boats go and for the Southern Ocean Witty keeping the rig in the boat as he will no doubt be chasing record daily runs.

.....that's a tight pack for the 3 tail-enders,,, a 3 mile spread,,, 440 miles back.    ...and I dare say the finish order for the first 4 seems mostly locked in, (saving breakages.)    

3 hours ago, Comsdown said:

Have to say Witt does look fatigued a lot more so then the rest in all the photos and videos coming out, there are also a lot of negative talk from him about being last, obviously not going well but voicing it out all the time to the crew is a mood dampener..

....the other side of 'wears heart on sleeve'   :mellow:

2 hours ago, Zander said:

Don't know, I would say that a calm evaluation would show that they did about as well as could be expected. Same is true for most other teams. Turn the Tide and Vestas probably doing a bit better than hoped for. Brunel and Akzo a bit less. Brunel had a very short lead up time but sailed a very good second week. Akzo, well they replaced the core of their crew.

For Skallywag, Brunel and Akzo, I would guess that changing crews is the same as throwing away newly gained experience and time as a team. So unless there is more interpersonal drama than we see, or someone desperately wants off, I would not expect changes. The question is also who you can get as an improvement over the current crew on short notice. Maybe in Melbourne some teams may go for a shake-up.  Brunel may leave the patient with the broken toe on shore for the next leg unless that person is very core crew.

Seems like a pretty decent synopsis.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

...barring some reluctance to bother carrying on.  :huh:

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

Because Witt has no reserves? 

The have reserves. Because they have invested as a group time to work out hopefully how to go quicker..so chopping and changing in Capetown means that investment goes out the window and they have to start over.

13 minutes ago, couchsurfer said:

barring some reluctance to bother carrying on.  

Your picking that out of your arse unless you name one or more that fit that mindset.

We'll do it live !

Pretty lame this after fucking us over with 6 hr and random updates, and the stealth nonsense.

Anyway, thank you so much for your kind consideration ...

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Your picking that out of your arse unless you name one or more that fit that mindset.

....if a picture says 1000 words,,, i'll bet it's crossed witty's mind,,, except he has sponsors to pleeze.   :mellow:

...you really think he'd bother if it was his own game!?

...where are you based Raspow?.... gettin to be a ....NIGHTSHIFT here    :)

:)

12 hours ago, couchsurfer said:

...''grind, grind, grind the winch,,,    likeley till I scream,, merrily merrily merrily merrily,, life is but a ...(dream)''    :rolleyes:

m107498_crop110015_800x800_proportional_1511462405D997.jpg

...don't worry PIL buddy,, done fer now!  :rolleyes:   

Thank fuck for that! To speed up loading the page on my phone it’s going to be ignore time soon. <_<

Shang your probably on the way home early fighting the traffic in your Dongfeng Yueda Kia while picking up the last remnants of your hair and super gluing them to your scalp. 

To help you out I kick started the mainframe and punched a few cards especially for you and let the Fortran hamster do its work. Anyway the answer is, saving breakage, the Dong looks good to hang onto second. 

As you probably don't believe me and are a I need proof sort of guy, here are the data inputs in long hand that your housemaid can run off and check if need be.

7b4db3eb83b448ff0ba2d26b385d830a--math-formulas-energy-level.jpg

10 minutes ago, mad said:

Thank fuck for that! To speed up loading the page on my phone it’s going to be ignore time soon. <_<

okay,,,maybe get a better fackin phone,,, or  bye bye  :)

• Downvote 2

39 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Hey randumb... you're suffering from RGS (repetitive giff syndrome)..it is treatable.

unnamed (1).gif

Looks more like Couch after swallowing his cigar, moments before his death.  Oh no, hope he survives a little bit...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Shang your probably on the way home early fighting the traffic in your Dongfeng Yueda Kia while picking up the last remnants of your hair and super gluing them to your scalp. 

To help you out I kick started the mainframe and punched a few cards especially for you and let the Fortran hamster do its work. Anyway the answer is, saving breakage, the Dong looks good to hang onto second. 

As you probably don't believe me and are a I need proof sort of guy, here are the data inputs in long hand that your housemaid can run off and check if need be.

7b4db3eb83b448ff0ba2d26b385d830a--math-formulas-energy-level.jpg

uh oh,,, I see there's an extra prime in the second row from the top.   If this is the case, and the rest is correct it's likely  there's soon  to be a meteor strike with complete implosion of the earth within 10,9,8,7,......                           :wacko: :o

33 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Looks more like Couch after swallowing his cigar, moments before his death.  Oh no, hope he survives a little bit...

...thats worth one lick point to you ,,,

..............only if you can send me a couple of pounds of that Fiji 'Butter' yer on about otherwise you'll soon see a MASSIVE downvote     <_<       :)

Forecast in Cape Town suggests wind to the finish. Sparing breakages it seems passing lanes are all closed for the top 4. Unless Vesta has some almighty afterburners.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zander said:

Forecast in Cape Town suggests wind to the finish. Sparing breakages it seems passing lanes are all closed for the top 4. Unless Vesta has some almighty afterburners.

..I note we're all adding the disclaimer...'barring breakages'...... surely one team will do us good.     :D

2 minutes ago, couchsurfer said:

..I note we're all adding the disclaimer...'barring breakages'...... surely one team will do us good.     :D

Would hate to ruin someones day with a jinx

• Like 1

Phone? what's this phone shit? haven't these people heard of this computer thingy? but do by all means continue, probably ill advised but I think I'm going to do an all nighter on this approach to CT, I don't sleep worth a fiddly fuck these days anyway & I have a fairly fresh can of snuse, beer in the fridge & old Star Trek on the telly.

And I'm re reading "Mona Lisa Overdrive"

4 hours ago, Comsdown said:

Teams have to keep the same crew from Cape Town to HK, Melbourne only a pitstop no crew change allowed unless due to injury, Also have to load all food in CP till HK not sure how much all the food weighs but TTOP will be significantly heavier..

Im guessing we will see lots of crew changes after this leg for fresh crew, Since no chance for melbourne shake-up. 

Also will be interesting to see who has the broken toe on Team Brunel, hopefully they are on the mend already and will not have to miss out on the two legs to HK. 

Melbourne is not a Pitstop, crew changes have already been confirmed for some teams from there to HK.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, random said:

So who will be 'too sick to continue' on Witty's boat?

Witty's lookin pretty pussed!         ...not t'mention some of his stalwart crew.   :wacko:

m107409_crop110015_800x800_proportional_1511377504EFD1.jpg
m107309_crop110015_800x800_proportional_15112761133C11.jpg

m107466_crop110015_800x800_proportional_15114497556E4F.jpg

m107411_crop110015_800x800_proportional_15113778044E4F.jpg

m107379_crop110015_800x800_proportional_15113502091F78.jpg

m107377_crop110015_800x800_proportional_1511350205CCC0.jpg

m107344_crop110015_800x800_proportional_15112947061300.jpg

m107345_crop110015_800x800_proportional_15112947088275.jpg

m107343_crop110015_800x800_proportional_1511294704FCBF.jpg

m107311_crop110015_800x800_proportional_15112761162672.jpg

m107310_crop110015_800x800_proportional_15112761154991.jpg

m107269_crop110015_800x800_proportional_1511258104604E.jpg

crew looks very tired - maybe bored .... ?  

....funny to see Gabart down by the South Pole - alone but looking relaxed and great in crocs...  - and hes passed Cape Leeuwin now.... 

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, SeaGul said:

crew looks very tired - maybe bored .... ?  

Remember the OB's are just not uploading random pics. They are quite often trying to tell a snapshot story that often is not truly representative of what's always happening on board. Pretty hard job being a good OB.

Charles shows he's a classy guy.

an hour ago

Skipper Charles Caudrelier on board Dongfeng on the final push:
"Mapfre is far ahead and even if i hope for a come back on the tricky finishing line, I don't wish MAPFRE this terrible end.
"MAPFRE and us did a fantastic race since the start, they did one less mistake and deserve this first place.
"But on board we want the second one and we fight for it. Vestas is not far... We should be close and the finishing line is the last trap.
"On board everybody is waiting to see the table montain.
"This leg is my favorite and for me the most interesting and dificult one but she is also the longest and she has been so intensive, since 3 weeks now we are racing like in inshore mode, we have always been in close contact with a boat and fighting to be faster.
"This is really a terrible pressure.
"Happy to have a short break tomorrow and eat good food.
"3 weeks of freeze dry is really too much for a french man.
"My kids and a hamburger and I will be the happiest man of the world."

from  the race blog

17 minutes ago, random said:

Yep, this aint a two day Hobart with a piss-up at the end.

NOOOOOoooo,, Witty laughed off a social experiment to begin with,, then signed a contract with the devil  .   What could possibly go wrong!?  

now 'e's the rat in a maze., gotta stay ON!! :wacko:   :o  :blink:    :(

I predict a massive intake of bad South African beer for th'next leg.   

21 minutes ago, couchsurfer said:

NOOOOOoooo,, Witty laughed off a social experiment to begin with,, then signed a contract with the devil  .   What could possibly go wrong!?  

now 'e's the rat in a maze., gotta stay ON!! :wacko:   :o  :blink:    :(

And not only Bananas Beer.
Guess it's in the pocket for Mapfre.
Or some very strange currents and windpockets may occur in front of the coast of SA.
Fingers crossed. Mapfre made the best navigation decisions and maintained boat speed.
5a17f02a24ccf_VOR2411.thumb.PNG.368a35538cf24806bfb60dcc709378b7.PNG
Bananas beer for Team Akzo Nobel.

15 minutes ago, schakel488 said:

And not only Bananas Beer.
Guess it's in the pocket for Mapfre.

you have no idea what it means to approach tabletop in 30 kts,, do you!?   :o

...just ask Whittey. ,,he knows.   :o

1 hour ago, animeproblem said:

Phone? what's this phone shit? haven't these people heard of this computer thingy? but do by all means continue, probably ill advised but I think I'm going to do an all nighter on this approach to CT, I don't sleep worth a fiddly fuck these days anyway & I have a fairly fresh can of snuse, beer in the fridge & old Star Trek on the telly.

And I'm re reading "Mona Lisa Overdrive"

Ah, snus. Totally addicted. Given that you mean the nicotine snus.

4 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

Copenhagen long cut, wintergreen, been experimenting with nicotine since I was about 10, conclusion: it works!

It's delicious :) and perfect for sailing :) 

Agreed & in the ironworking trade always keeps your hands free, most jobs these days are officially tobacco free, however no general contractor has ever come up with a "pinch detector" & for that matter neither have airlines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stief said:

Charles shows he's a classy guy.

from  the race blog

Hahaha couldn’t help remembering this after I saw that “hamburger” wrote by a guy with such a strong French accent:

24 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

Copenhagen long cut, wintergreen, been experimenting with nicotine since I was about 10, conclusion: it works!

Especialy the sparks that come of cigarettes that are blown into crispy white sails give me the jitters.
My longs are like those white sails as well.

1 hour ago, couchsurfer said:

you have no idea what it means to approach tabletop in 30 kts,, do you!?   :o

...just ask Whittey. ,,he knows.   :o

What you said about that's not a race for two or three days is true.
I never went racing longer then that.
Must be killing.  I remember some stats about how much weight the crewmembers lose during one leg.
And this leg is the longest!

But the ladies are more involved in smoking I guess.
Which is good fun as well.  

15 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

On a different subject, that patch of HP the trailing group has to pass through looks, agonizing.

It should move to the East of them, at least I frigging hope it does. Then it will be who takes the widest route around the Table Mountain shadow...or too wide...

• Like 1

For those wondering about the height of Table Mountain... 

There was an old saying that "The Climb Troubles Me".. and using the count of letters in each word, that's 3,582 feet.

37 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

On a different subject, that patch of HP the trailing group has to pass through looks, agonizing.

21 minutes ago, Potter said:

It should move to the East of them, at least I frigging hope it does. Then it will be who takes the widest route around the Table Mountain shadow...or too wide...

That hole will move NE in front of them then evaporate giving them a W/NW flow at first then backing to the south over the weekend which will favour being south or where the Paintwagon is now. I suspect Hayles will move Scallyskirts in behind the Paintspot to get past Dee and the Do Not Litters. Will be agonising to watch.

2 hours ago, couchsurfer said:

Ha! ain't no such thing!

3 hours ago, couchsurfer said:

okay,,,maybe get a better fackin phone,,, or  bye bye  :)

More shit to scroll past.....................

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

That hole will move NE in front of them then evaporate giving them a W/NW flow at first then backing to the south over the weekend which will favour being south or where the Paintwagon is now. I suspect Hayles will move Scallyskirts in behind the Paintspot to get past Dee and the Do Not Litters. Will be agonising to watch.

I see it now, I was sitting across the room looking at the tracker (zoomed out) & had the "aha" moment.