Sign in to follow this  
Mrleft8

Voltage regulator blues

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Is the utility company still holding firm in their refusal to pay for the excess production that you feed back into the grid? 

i shall go on record as guessing they will Never

Pay for the Juice he makes And they charge him Grid/Dilevery fees

only to Sell to someone else at Full Max Amount

I Am putti g the effort in to allow him (or me) to sell extra to whoever we please

I have been told you can Donate your extra to low-income or whatever

 

in the meantime I would Kill the Solar and rundown the extra only keeping 1 days worth on the books

FUCK THE MAN !!!

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Is the utility company still holding firm in their refusal to pay for the excess production that you feed back into the grid? 

It's not exactly that...... They give me "credits."

About one third of what I pay for 1unit of energy, they will credit me for, for 1 energy unit that I send to them. (If I buy 3 units, and send them 9 units, it's equal. If I buy 3 units and send them 3 units, I will pay for 2 units. If I use 3 units, and send them 24 units, It's equal, but i get a credit of 6 units for next month )..... Once it becomes a non negotiable issue (IE: I have sent them as many units as I would use in a typical year, over what I actually use),then the parent company will negotiate with me a pay of schedule.

This is of course not the way this was presented to me beforehand.... Both verbally, and thankfully in email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps you should think about woodys suggestion.

Ask the power company if instead of storing up credits, could you transfer them to another account.

I'd absolutely love to hear their response.

They might not click onto the fact that you are selling them and let you.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, floating dutchman said:

Perhaps you should think about woodys suggestion.

Ask the power company if instead of storing up credits, could you transfer them to another account.

I'd absolutely love to hear their response.

They might not click onto the fact that you are selling them and let you.

I do have two other meters right next door, on the other part of the property..... All 3 bills come on one piece of paper....

Something to consider after I get this full month's bill (s)...... The other two meters are 99% for irrigation wells, and don't draw much power....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................... How is a magnet supposed to affect your electrical consumption?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...................... How is a magnet supposed to affect your electrical consumption?

If you have a really old meter, like from the 70's, with the spinning disk, the magnet locks the gearbox up,stopping the counters so free power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ya.............. My meter is 6 weeks old, and has WiFi that's interfering with my desktop computer. Gonna have to talk to those folks about that situation.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.... OH! on the plus side, I got the Diahatsu running today! A bad gap in the points. (Weird, I set them at .007, but they got somewhere around .0275 all on their own). Bad news is I need a fuel pump, and a carb rebuild kit..... At least it runs..... If nothing else maybe a 2 cyl. motorcycle carb will fit, and I can get an electric fuel pump..... One thing after another.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, floating dutchman said:

Ha.  The little cam thingy, it wears down......

It's more like dry rot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/12/2017 at 9:12 AM, Mrleft8 said:

.... OH! on the plus side, I got the Diahatsu running today! A bad gap in the points. (Weird, I set them at .007, but they got somewhere around .0275 all on their own). Bad news is I need a fuel pump, and a carb rebuild kit..... At least it runs..... If nothing else maybe a 2 cyl. motorcycle carb will fit, and I can get an electric fuel pump..... One thing after another.....

Maybe this might do

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daihatsu-Hijet-Carb-Carburetor-Repair-Kit-S80-S81P-S82P-S83P-/182440316853

If not have a look here

https://minitrucktalk.com/forums/daihatsu-hi-jet.4/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Year end review on the solar project:

 After 1128 hours, most of it in the deepest gloom of winter, with clouds, the holiday activities, etc, we bought from the electric co. 680kWhs. We sent back to them 1665kWhs. for a net gain of 985kWhs.

We'll see how this matches up with their readings on the electric bill in a few days, but all in all I'm pleased. I was hoping for a bit more, but the days are short, and it's better than the electric co. guy was telling me to expect.....

 No way to see what the solar installation co. thinks, as they've had their license yanked in the state of Florida, and are unreachable...... Duke and big business knocking off the little guy, or was there something else afoot?.....

 I'll see what I can find, but so far no arrest notices for any of the key players in the news...... I'm guessing permit irregularities caught up with them, and some irate customer turned them in.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 12:55 PM, nacradriver said:

Subaru 3.3. H6... going into a VW Vanagon... 

Oh!  I think this is what your wife really said...  Anyway have fun with your project..  I can sleep in mine if needed B)

 

Oh, do tell! The last Suby I had was a '73 with a 1300 (sedan body said '1400' though dealership in Topeka said otherwise, during a parts run from Emporia with the short block on board).  I always liked the way the engine handled low-end torque and popped over in -10F temps (one cylinder at a time).  This was 1984-5, of course.... FWD wasn't terribly common then, and this car ruled the snow.

There's enough room for that 6-cyl rocket inside the ass end of a Vanagon?  Cool!  Now, will it need to pass CARB emissions for a VW van, or does the van pre-date such pesky requirements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 12:55 PM, nacradriver said:

Subaru 3.3. H6... going into a VW Vanagon... 

Oh!  I think this is what your wife really said...  Anyway have fun with your project..  I can sleep in mine if needed B)

 

Oh, do tell! The last Suby I had was a '73 with a 1300 (sedan body said '1400' though dealership in Topeka said otherwise, during a parts run from Emporia with the short block on board).  I always liked the way the engine handled low-end torque and popped over in -10F temps (one cylinder at a time).  This was 1984-5, of course.... FWD wasn't terribly common then, and this car ruled the snow.

There's enough room for that 6-cyl rocket inside the ass end of a Vanagon?  Cool!  Now, will it need to pass CARB emissions for a VW van, or does the van pre-date such pesky requirements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2017 at 9:34 PM, atoyot said:

There's enough room for that 6-cyl rocket inside the ass end of a Vanagon?  Cool!  Now, will it need to pass CARB emissions for a VW van, or does the van pre-date such pesky requirements?

Yes.....  it was like it was made to go there.  I drove a 3.3L conversion a while back... Zoom-Zoom!!!:P

And yes to C.A.R.B. testing... I opted for the EJ22 in mine because there was already an Executive Order on file with the B.A.R and C.A.R.B for the conversion, and this was my first rodeo at doing this type of project...  a little different than R & R'ing a short or long block.  This made getting it past the initial inspection a lot easier for the coveted "white sticker"  and I was able to get my hands on a rebuilt engine with only 15K on it...  The referee really liked how clean my work was...  I wish I could post some pics but Photobucket is being a real asshole these days about sharing photos.. something I am kind of proud of..  the work that is.   When I took it to the referee we talked about the 6 cylinder Subi.. He noted that I can do it, and he'll inspect it, but don't expect it to pass on the first try... as he really needs to look it over..

Funny, these are more fuel efficient and cleaner running engines and yet they jump us through the hoops..  If I do get the hair up my ass to do the EZ30D or 3.3 I'll probably just register it out of state...  or in one of the California counties that doesn't have a smog inspection..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent.  Now, one can just upload to this site direct;  photobucket has indeed gone full asshole on hot-linking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought...........

 The last electric bill was $20...... The one before that $28............. The one before that (not including the half month confusing one) was $186...

 This in the deep dark of winter with lots of clouds and very (for here) cold night time temps.

And now, at the risk of getting this thread tossed into PA, I will merely comment that Trump's 30% tariff on solar panels from Asia is just plain stupid. It's not going to start any solar panel construction jobs here in the USA, It's not going to help any coal miners, and it's going to cost a lot of solar panel intaller's jobs.

 It's just stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Just a thought...........

 The last electric bill was $20...... The one before that $28............. The one before that (not including the half month confusing one) was $186...

 This in the deep dark of winter with lots of clouds and very (for here) cold night time temps.

And now, at the risk of getting this thread tossed into PA, I will merely comment that Trump's 30% tariff on solar panels from Asia is just plain stupid. It's not going to start any solar panel construction jobs here in the USA, It's not going to help any coal miners, and it's going to cost a lot of solar panel intaller's jobs.

 It's just stupid.

Donald is going to Buy America once he decides the timing is right to run it into a tree

He IS Doing what is right ................. ummm for him and his Elk

that unfortunately just ain't us :unsure:

BUT don't let That depress ya, All the other Powers that be are poised to FUCK us out of any benefit of   going solar  anything and everything anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad I got my solar before it became a liability........ So far.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Just a thought...........

 The last electric bill was $20...... The one before that $28............. The one before that (not including the half month confusing one) was $186...

 This in the deep dark of winter with lots of clouds and very (for here) cold night time temps.

And now, at the risk of getting this thread tossed into PA, I will merely comment that Trump's 30% tariff on solar panels from Asia is just plain stupid. It's not going to start any solar panel construction jobs here in the USA, It's not going to help any coal miners, and it's going to cost a lot of solar panel intaller's jobs.

 It's just stupid.

Happy for your system's succcess - but, while I suspect you're right, I hope your wrong in your supposition that the tariff's won't drive domestic production. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this