• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Ed

Google & Babel Yacht Brokers

From a Dutch advert translated by our friends at google: I particularly like that it has been stolen every winter.

Temporarily lowered! If we do business before 1 November, you can take the ship for EUR 15,000. Save me the heated winterstallation and 2 days of work (on and off, off and in the water).

Your own beautiful Waarschip 1010, well-equipped and holiday-ready! Extended skirt (+40 cm) with scoop (= swimming platform). Great sail, genua and gennaker from 2005, breeding 2007. Other older sails: High-aspect breeding, stormfuck, spinnaker. Stolen every winter. Rump painted in 2016, underwater ship bald + rocked and painted with 2-component primer in 2014. New tanks (diesel and water) both 65 liters of polyethylene in 2007. Navigation battery separated from battery refrigerator / power steering. New engine instrument panel in 2007. Cooling box 50 liter custom made, Peltier element 12v, detachable. Sleeps: 5, manual pump toilet, 2-burner stove (gas), sink with foot pump, solid screw shaft, 2-blade flap screw, water lubricated, trip coupler, 1 aluminum mast, chain anchor chain and line, swimming platform, sun tide, self-emptying deck, deck renovated in 2015, shore supply, electric system 12v, 220v shore power supply, 3x 220v power outlets, 2x light battery, 1x starter battery, Sterling battery charger 40a, Garmin 128 GPS, Icom m59 marphone, Sumlog log, depth gauge

i

Oh, and these Dutch guys did their own. Rapid turnover!

This fast and comfortable Dehler 44 has had only one owner since her lunch ...”

Now I really want a stormfuck, spinnaker.

Sails that breed would be so great too - just imagine new sails every other year for free!

I know the drug-related property crime rate in Amsterdam is out of control, but this boat was "stolen every winter."  They left out "recovered every spring," but I think it's implicit.  That they kept the boat on a high crime neighborhood would explain how the hull got "rocked" in 2014.

On 11/5/2017 at 7:44 AM, Panope said:

Ok, I know what a stormfuck is, but what is "high-aspect breeding?

Steve

Sex standing up. Sometimes called 'a quick fat-head up against the wall.'

8 hours ago, Bull City said:

^^ Leave it you, Diarmuid.

Too old for that kind of thing.  I've come to appreciate the  beauty of a low-aspect rig -- or ''yer basic Leysdown Gaffer'. It's a Sheppey kind of shippy.

(That one's for you, Mr. Ed.)

Crikey, but that’s a hostile shore, Leysdown. There’s a so called route there called the “overland passage” which is more accurate than its other name of the “four fathom channel”. Lots of sailors have gone down there, but maybe not in the way you’re thinking. 

Another doozie here, again a waarschip 1010

“Hoarse like a sun, falling like a bump?” Well I never. 

Fast and light-footed ship for a sporty sailer (headroom within 1.40 !)
2016 new code 0 (+ bowlbite) and HA 
Underwater ship of epoxy system provided.
Sail Track mast rail (hoarse like a sun, falling like a bump)
Version with bulb keel !!!
We have been sail delighted with her twelve years between landsend and Kopenhagen.
In connection with more free time (retirement) we are looking for something bigger

On 11/8/2017 at 11:25 PM, 140fulton said:

Or, in the vernacular of the thread, they go both ways.

I think this thread is going sideways.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Ed said:

Another doozie here, again a waarschip 1010

“Hoarse like a sun, falling like a bump?” Well I never. 

Fast and light-footed ship for a sporty sailer (headroom within 1.40 !)
2016 new code 0 (+ bowlbite) and HA 
Underwater ship of epoxy system provided.
Sail Track mast rail (hoarse like a sun, falling like a bump)
Version with bulb keel !!!
We have been sail delighted with her twelve years between landsend and Kopenhagen.
In connection with more free time (retirement) we are looking for something bigger

Those Waarschips sure seem to inspire some turgid prose.

3 minutes ago, Shu said:

I think some lifelines and non-skid might solve the self emptying decks problem.

Where's the challenge in that? Fuck that, it's not manly. Pour 10W30 all over the deck and then I'll show some respect.