• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

So a couple weeks ago I ran my two miles at lunch and got back to the locker room and the hot water was out so I had to muscle through a very cold 57F shower. Pretty much just standing next to it and splashing but it was shocking especially the face and hair. So I get my clothes back on and go back to the desk to eat a sandwich and as I walk past my teams desks I sneeze and it feels like I have something up my right nostril but deeper in my sinuses.  I spend the rest of the day with my right eye tearing up mildly and every once in a while trying to dislodge what feels like something in my sinus though its just really subtle. Anyway now its two weeks later and I have a mild headache which feels like its behind my right eye and what feels like light pressure and then light pressure off and on in my right ear. However its a non progressing deal. The bitch nurse practitioner I accidently said yes to seeing on friday would not prescribe anitbiotics because she read something in a book about infections healing themselves and i did not have a fever even after I said I had waited 10 days with a headache and pressure and knew something was not healing itself. She said to take excedrin and that antibiotics dont stop pain. I walked out and told the staff they needed to get rid of that smart alec. So now I have slammed my head with afrin and sudafed and run again today hoping I could make sometjing happen. Nada. Pain is also above my right ear. Very localized spot. I will likely go back and see a doctor I know well.

just another reason I Don't Run

likely you got a Nosewig kinda like an Earwig only ......................

overuse of antibiotics is NOT a good thing & they won't do anything for the wrong problem

Just now, SailBlueH2O said:

yeah.id.come here for advice...

ya never know where the next big Idea Is going to come from. I tried all the non antibiotic hammers Including trying to martini the thing to death friday night.

43 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

So a couple weeks ago I ran my two miles at lunch and got back to the locker room and the hot water was out so I had to muscle through a very cold 57F shower. Pretty much just standing next to it and splashing but it was shocking especially the face and hair. So I get my clothes back on and go back to the desk to eat a sandwich and as I walk past my teams desks I sneeze and it feels like I have something up my right nostril but deeper in my sinuses.  I spend the rest of the day with my right eye tearing up mildly and every once in a while trying to dislodge what feels like something in my sinus though its just really subtle. Anyway now its two weeks later and I have a mild headache which feels like its behind my right eye and what feels like light pressure and then light pressure off and on in my right ear. However its a non progressing deal. The bitch nurse practitioner I accidently said yes to seeing on friday would not prescribe anitbiotics because she read something in a book about infections healing themselves and i did not have a fever even after I said I had waited 10 days with a headache and pressure and knew something was not healing itself. She said to take excedrin and that antibiotics dont stop pain. I walked out and told the staff they needed to get rid of that smart alec. So now I have slammed my head with afrin and sudafed and run again today hoping I could make sometjing happen. Nada. Pain is also above my right ear. Very localized spot. I will likely go back and see a doctor I know well.

Ouch. I am sorry to hear you have this. You need a good ENT doc, could be a couple of things. I had sinus headaches for a long time, very difficult to cope with.

How are you at irrigating your sinuses? This can be good idea anyway, and it could solve the problem. You need to mix up a neutral saline solution, a half teaspoon of salt to a cup of distilled water (wouldn't hurt to boil it first, use it warm). Take a couple of deep breaths and get used to the idea of having water fill up your nose. 

Even healthy sinuses will often rinse out stringy green crap. The more you manage huck up in there, the cleaner it will get. I hate it but do this when I am beginning to get a cold and it stops most colds too (thanks Mrs Steam). It sounds extremely weird but clean is healthy. The problem is not mucus production, it's blockage. When you stop mucus production with antihistimines, you can help the pain but the problem gets worse.

I hope this helps, but if it doesn't I hope you get relief soon.

-DSK

Thsnks dsk. I had one of those bottles and it seemed I made things worse a couple times. My wife threw it out. Her dad the family doctor had prescribed it! Funny thing about this is that my breathing pathways in my nose have been unaffected. This feels deeper up behind my right eye. I am sending my son to get that rinsing thing though. Anything at this point.  Thanks for menti8ning it.

I used to get regular sinus infections, and would take antibiotics once it got bad enough and the doc could be convinced to prescribe them.  However, antibiotics aren't the best cure IMHO.  The problem is sinus irritation and once they get irritated and swell you have blocked sinus passages and a lovely warm, moist incubator for whatever kind of microbe decides to party.  

The answer is to stop the inflammation with ibuprofen and then dry up the sinuses with decongestants.  Works every time for me now, although it is a peculiar kind of hell before it works.

Wasabi............. and if that doesn't help, just snort a line of Cinnamon.

If it doesn't kill you, you'll feel great by comparison the next day.

Get a"Z-Pack" (script only), the atom bomb of sinus infections. It will be gone in 3 days...

Seriously now, you're in SC. You need to go out in some big surf.

That will blow everything out of your sinus cavities right now. Not kidding here.

1 hour ago, Dorado said:

Seriously now, you're in SC. You need to go out in some big surf.

That will blow everything out of your sinus cavities right now. Not kidding here.

True dat.

So I am stting at a coffee bar somewhere near mission beach after bodysurfing 8 to 10 ft faces on sandbars just north of the mission beach jetty in the winter of 83/84. The fiberglass junkies had to walk out the jetty to put in. One other guy and I were bodysurfing with fins and could just dive down and hold the bottom with hands and feet. Super powerfull waves. I caught two freefalling four feet and skipping down the face like a flat stone with my chest cutting to the right before ducking out and grabbing the sand. Last wave when I was tired I tried to backpedal out of but stopped too soon. The silence as you get sucked over the falls has to be experienced to be believed. I took the elevator straight down to the sand bottom right side up like jumping off of an 8 foot fence onto sand before being summarily picked right back up and spun a few times. Anyway at this coffee bar I am relaying the experience in a farily indifferent and hopefully cool manner to a young woman when my sinuses release a couple ounces of seawater onto the bar mid sentence. Not the kind of punctuation one desires in any circumstances to say the least. So I did what any 21 yo would do and ate 5 tacos and went to windansea in the afternoon with the sun out and surfed the left into the beach while the 20 guys with boards duked it out surfing the right. Dorado I know youre serious. Good idea.

Since I've just gone thru my 3rd surgery to roto-root out my sinuses due to polyp growths ( and a bent septum this time) I can address this with some authority. Irrigation is the best fix. Use gravity feed or for the serious sufferers I use a waterpick unit with a different tip (just a soft foam cone to wedge into snout). This WILL flush out all the accumulated snot that is preventing your sinus cavities from draining. It is a bit weird to get used to, but once adjusted to it's easy & quick. Pre-made salt packets are available, most of the time I pour salt onto my palm until it looks right then dump it into the tank. You need to be close the correct saline for most comfort, but there is a large range in tolerable concentrations. Use body temp water. Exhaling gently thru nostrils while flushing keeps saline from dripping down the back of your throat - which can make you choke if enuff flows thru. Alternate nostrils until the flow is clear.

Medications don't really cure the symptoms - most of the discomfort is a snot wad lodged in a passage. Anti-biotics will get rid of the green snot but the nose may take a while on it's own to clear the blockage. Same with other drugs, they'll work around the problem, but not fix it directly

7 hours ago, silent bob said:

Sinus-Rinse-Kit-FRONT_2.png

I love it, and I hate it.  But it clears me up.

I had sinus surgery 3 years ago and wish I hadn't put it off for so long....anyway I've been using this NeilMed irrigation bottle daily ever since ....excellent results and have not had a cold or stuffed up sinus  since.....of course I'd prefer to be body surfing in Pacific Beach

Any chance you talked to a Doctor? They generally know about medical stuff.

You don't want an infection that goes to your brain...

7 hours ago, longy said:

Since I've just gone thru my 3rd surgery to roto-root out my sinuses due to polyp growths ( and a bent septum this time) I can address this with some authority. Irrigation is the best fix. Use gravity feed or for the serious sufferers I use a waterpick unit with a different tip (just a soft foam cone to wedge into snout). This WILL flush out all the accumulated snot that is preventing your sinus cavities from draining. It is a bit weird to get used to, but once adjusted to it's easy & quick. Pre-made salt packets are available, most of the time I pour salt onto my palm until it looks right then dump it into the tank. You need to be close the correct saline for most comfort, but there is a large range in tolerable concentrations. Use body temp water. Exhaling gently thru nostrils while flushing keeps saline from dripping down the back of your throat - which can make you choke if enuff flows thru. Alternate nostrils until the flow is clear.

Medications don't really cure the symptoms - most of the discomfort is a snot wad lodged in a passage. Anti-biotics will get rid of the green snot but the nose may take a while on it's own to clear the blockage. Same with other drugs, they'll work around the problem, but not fix it directly

kinda like waterboarding ;-)

I suffered from chronic sinus issues for years. Eventually The Quack was persuaded to give me a course of Zithromax. Three days later, I woke up without a headache for the first time in 2 or 3 years. Now, when I get a head cold, my sinuses re-infect and, after a month or so of "wait and see if it clears up", I make a repeat trip and get another prescription, which fixes the issue in days.

The problem is some study or other that was done. The result of the study appears to have persuaded doctors that antibiotics don't improve the outcome of the average sinus infection. Which is nice to know, especially if you have an average nose. If your nose is somehow not average, you get denied treatment.

They need to teach statistics and how to read research output properly in medical schools.

While I'm waiting for The Quack to decide that I have suffered long enough, I take long-release Mucinex-D, which is the size of a horse pill and hard to get down, then makes your head spin for 2 hours like having 6 cups of coffee. Then you can settle down for a 4 or 5 hours of headache-free work before it starts to wear off.

Irrigation...  the smaller units are usually about 10 bucks.  comes with saline packets.   had a cyclist friend get me started on it....

Yes the first few times its abnormal feeling.  but once you are used to it. 

When I feel things starting to clog.  I'll mix up a batch when I take a shower  and blow the tubes out.

I tried irrigation on the theory that it would wash the snot out. However, the pressure it not caused by impacted snot, because snot is squashy. The pressure is from inflamed tissue. Irrigation does provide some temporary relief, but I found that it was only temporary. Also, I ended up having salty water discharge from my nose at awkward times, like when bending to pick up a dropped item or tying my shoes.

9 minutes ago, Wet Spreaders said:

I tried irrigation on the theory that it would wash the snot out. However, the pressure it not caused by impacted snot, because snot is squashy. The pressure is from inflamed tissue. Irrigation does provide some temporary relief, but I found that it was only temporary. Also, I ended up having salty water discharge from my nose at awkward times, like when bending to pick up a dropped item or tying my shoes.

My ENT told me that his patients that return post surgery with sinus issues are mostly those that discontinue the daily nasal irrigation...he also recommends using a small drop of Johnsons Baby shampoo in the water along with the saline packs....BTW it is a very harsh feeling without the saline pacs....the discharge at inopportune times...I usually after 10 minutes or so I bend over into the tub and let that stuff drain out

16 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:
26 minutes ago, Wet Spreaders said:

My ENT told me that his patients that return post surgery with sinus issues are mostly those that discontinue the daily nasal irrigation...he also recommends using a small drop of Johnsons Baby shampoo in the water along with the saline packs....BTW it is a very harsh feeling without the saline pacs....the discharge at inopportune times...I usually after 10 minutes or so I bend over into the tub and let that stuff drain out

Yeah, forgot to warn him about that. It's amazing how much water you can carry around up there, makes me wonder if the original purpose for the human sinus was so we could cross deserts or some shit like that.

-DSK

15 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Fist off smart alec Bitch Nurse was probably right in not giving you a magic pill that would cure you of all your ills..but this is my opinion...  In their defense... in the course of the past week they have probably seen 20 other cases like yours, probably have received the latest news from the CDC and the local Health Department on what is new in the way of infections coming down the road, etc....  And as you noted it is a non-progressing deal....  And, I tend to agree with her on taking antibiotics if you system is already in full gear fighting it..  With sinus and upper respiratory, it is very hard to tell if the infection is bacterial or viral...  this is usually determined by the length of the infection.. viral usually clears up in 10 days... bacterial will linger around usually longer.

Also, like you I was of the thought that if you body is not right hit the gym and sweat it out...  It finally took a baseball to my head to break this habit...  this is one of the worse things you can do... give it a break for a couple of days and let your system fight the infection without taxing it in other ways.

By the way.... I stayed at a Holiday Inn last week B)

5 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Fist off smart alec Bitch Nurse was probably right in not giving you a magic pill that would cure you of all your ills..but this is my opinion...  In their defense... in the course of the past week they have probably seen 20 other cases like yours, probably have received the latest news from the CDC and the local Health Department on what is new in the way of infections coming down the road, etc....  And as you noted it is a non-progressing deal....  And, I tend to agree with her on taking antibiotics if you system is already in full gear fighting it..  With sinus and upper respiratory, it is very hard to tell if the infection is bacterial or viral...  this is usually determined by the length of the infection.. viral usually clears up in 10 days... bacterial will linger around usually longer.

Also, like you I was of the thought that if you body is not right hit the gym and sweat it out...  It finally took a baseball to my head to break this habit...  this is one of the worse things you can do... give it a break for a couple of days and let your system fight the infection without taxing it in other ways.

This.

and the irrigation/Nettie pot. Also drink lotsa good ole water.

The inopportune river of water out the nose.....when you surf this is not an uncommon occurence at all. Once in high school enjoyed a twilight surf session followed by a quick shower and a date. In the movies, leaned over to whisper in her ear and.....bingo.....a river down the front of her dress. It literally ended the date....that second. My only thought at the time was.....”what?! Never dated a surfer before?”  At least didn’t have to drive her home.

11 minutes ago, Point Break said:

The inopportune river of water out the nose.....when you surf this is not an uncommon occurrence at all. Once in high school enjoyed a twilight surf session followed by a quick shower and a date. In the movies, leaned over to whisper in her ear and.....bingo.....a river down the front of her dress. It literally ended the date....that second. My only thought at the time was.....”what?! Never dated a surfer before?”  At least didn’t have to drive her home.

Or after an afternoon of body surfing.... when you're leaning over serving a customer a filet and lobster tail dinner and the water drips all over plate....  What... you didn't want some seafood seasoning????    What the hey... I was tired of working there anyway and the tips were lousy..

5 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Or after an afternoon of body surfing.... when you're leaning over serving a customer a filet and lobster tail dinner and the water drips all over plate....  What... you didn't want some seafood seasoning????    What the hey... I was tired of working there anyway and the tips were lousy..

:lol:

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:

Yeah, forgot to warn him about that. It's amazing how much water you can carry around up there, makes me wonder if the original purpose for the human sinus was so we could cross deserts or some shit like that.

-DSK

probably for catching whiffs of menstrual pheromones

3 hours ago, Wet Spreaders said:

I suffered from chronic sinus issues for years. Eventually The Quack was persuaded to give me a course of Zithromax. Three days later, I woke up without a headache for the first time in 2 or 3 years. Now, when I get a head cold, my sinuses re-infect and, after a month or so of "wait and see if it clears up", I make a repeat trip and get another prescription, which fixes the issue in days.

The problem is some study or other that was done. The result of the study appears to have persuaded doctors that antibiotics don't improve the outcome of the average sinus infection. Which is nice to know, especially if you have an average nose. If your nose is somehow not average, you get denied treatment.

They need to teach statistics and how to read research output properly in medical schools.

While I'm waiting for The Quack to decide that I have suffered long enough, I take long-release Mucinex-D, which is the size of a horse pill and hard to get down, then makes your head spin for 2 hours like having 6 cups of coffee. Then you can settle down for a 4 or 5 hours of headache-free work before it starts to wear off.

See my earlier post.  This was my algorithm until I figured out that there is a better way.  The concern is that eventually the microbes will develop resistance to Zithromax.  When you think about it, you start with a viral infection (cold, flu) and then end up with a bacterial infection.  That's why the doc wants you to wait - Zithromax does nothing for the viral infection so taking it early in the infection cycle won't help. 

I think you'd be better off fighting the inflammation and then drying it up with decongestants.  And we can all rest easier that the microbes won't be developing antibiotic resistance.

10 minutes ago, dash34 said:

See my earlier post.  This was my algorithm until I figured out that there is a better way.  The concern is that eventually the microbes will develop resistance to Zithromax.  When you think about it, you start with a viral infection (cold, flu) and then end up with a bacterial infection.  That's why the doc wants you to wait - Zithromax does nothing for the viral infection so taking it early in the infection cycle won't help. 

I think you'd be better off fighting the inflammation and then drying it up with decongestants.  And we can all rest easier that the microbes won't be developing antibiotic resistance.

As a "By the Way".....most sinus infections are viral not bacterial so antibiotic wouldn't help anyway. The only way to tell the difference is to culture the snot. Most common approach is to treat as above sans antibiotic unless you get worse or make no progress. Then they'd likely culture (which takes a few days to come back) and thEN prescribe the matching antibiotic. The old days of giving you a wide spectrum and fine tuning after the culture are over.

3 hours ago, nacradriver said:

This was my go to as well, 3 hours in the gym and I would be good, worked every time until the time I contracted pneumonia and was in bed for 2 weeks with 100+ fever.  35 pounds later I was better so I guess it worked that time too  

2 minutes ago, DarthSailor said:

This was my go to as well, 3 hours in the gym and I would be good, worked every time until the time I contracted pneumonia and was in bed for 2 weeks with 100+ fever.  35 pounds later I was better so I guess it worked that time too  

So you got hit with the baseball bat too.... huh!!!  Not as bad as yours, but going back and getting a shot everyday for three days was a pain in the ass... literally..    At least the nurse was cute...

3 hours ago, NaptimeAgain said:

If u are irrigating your nose consider the fluid source.  Or just google brain eating amoeba.

really are y'all using straight tap water? at least filter it, the chlorine and chloramines is the burning..

you think Nothing could be worse than having Weird Sinuous 

how about having THIS stuck in yer head till it clears :o:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

really are y'all using straight tap water? at least filter it, the chlorine and chloramines is the burning..

I use distilled. Its a bit of a pain cuz I warm it in the microwave first and then take it into the shower.....and the chances of getting a brain killer from tap water is pretty low but does exist. I figure being a retired fireman brain damage has already occurred...............:lol:

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

As a "By the Way".....most sinus infections are viral not bacterial so antibiotic wouldn't help anyway. The only way to tell the difference is to culture the snot. Most common approach is to treat as above sans antibiotic unless you get worse or make no progress. Then they'd likely culture (which takes a few days to come back) and thEN prescribe the matching antibiotic. The old days of giving you a wide spectrum and fine tuning after the culture are over.

You are possibly right but this seems to contradict all the anecdotal evidence I have as a long-term sinus sufferer.  Why did the Zithromax always help?  Was it a repeated coincidence that the Zithromax was prescribed exactly three days before the body stopped the viral infection on its own?  Why did the doctors prescribe it, if they knew that the infection was likely viral?  Makes no sense to me.

Nevertheless I agree that antibiotics are not the way to go.

7 minutes ago, dash34 said:

You are possibly right but this seems to contradict all the anecdotal evidence I have as a long-term sinus sufferer.  Why did the Zithromax always help?  Was it a repeated coincidence that the Zithromax was prescribed exactly three days before the body stopped the viral infection on its own?  Why did the doctors prescribe it, if they knew that the infection was likely viral?  Makes no sense to me.

Nevertheless I agree that antibiotics are not the way to go.

There are certainly individual variances so it’s certainly possible your case was at one tail or the other of the curve. Also, i know zero about chronic sinus infections so I’d hesitate to try to generalize about your individual experience. It is certainly possible that your immune response dealt with the virus concurrently with you taking the antibiotic and they had nothing to do with each other. It’s also possible you individually had a chronic recurring bacterial infection. Just curious, was it ever cultured? 

4 hours ago, dash34 said:

Was it a repeated coincidence that the Zithromax was prescribed exactly three days before the body stopped the viral infection on its own?  Why did the doctors prescribe it, if they knew that the infection was likely viral?  Makes no sense to me.

Probably the same reason a pediatrician will do it for kids with an ear infection...  started out as viral infection.. cold... runny nose etc...  however, the mucus helped it to evolve to a bacterial infection.. 

Your MD probably knows of your condition and susceptibility to a bacterial infections hence the Rx's the antibiotic...  But, and I am just thinking out loud here... for your sinus condition... you may want to try keeping your fingers out of your nose..  :o  :lol: 

25 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

polyps and hemorrhoids in one visit  

Possibly in contact momentarily.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Point Break said:

There are certainly individual variances so it’s certainly possible your case was at one tail or the other of the curve. Also, i know zero about chronic sinus infections so I’d hesitate to try to generalize about your individual experience. It is certainly possible that your immune response dealt with the virus concurrently with you taking the antibiotic and they had nothing to do with each other. It’s also possible you individually had a chronic recurring bacterial infection. Just curious, was it ever cultured? 

The first few times, yes, but not the latter episodes.  The doc would just ask how long I had been suffering, and I would never go to the doc unless I had had it for at least three weeks.  To be clear, with a better strategy for dealing with them now it has been several years since I have had antibiotics.  I can recall a long period of time where there would be one or two episodes every winter which I would treat with Zithromax.  As a high school teacher I get exposed to a lot of viral colds and have learned to keep my fingers out of my nose.... :o

Sometimes physicians prescribe antibiotics to meet patient expectations and maybe get higher ratings from them.  Serious adverse reactions are unlikely and the drugs are relatively cheap.  I had a boss who advised the incoming first year med students to always give the patient with back pain a followup task that you knew they would never really accomplish.  When the patient comes back with ongoing symptoms, ask if they completed task X.  When they admit they haven't, blame that and tell them to get going on it.  By then the issue has resolved on its own. The "art" part of medical practice.

51 minutes ago, dash34 said:

The first few times, yes, but not the latter episodes.  The doc would just ask how long I had been suffering, and I would never go to the doc unless I had had it for at least three weeks.  To be clear, with a better strategy for dealing with them now it has been several years since I have had antibiotics.  I can recall a long period of time where there would be one or two episodes every winter which I would treat with Zithromax.  As a high school teacher I get exposed to a lot of viral colds and have learned to keep my fingers out of my nose.... :o

First....High School Teacher? Respect. Tough important job.

Sounds like your Doc was dialed in on your individual case. That’s priceless when you have a Doc that knows you and your issues that well.

Actually, when I lived in Hawaii and was in the ocean almost daily, sinus's stayed under control. Got enuff of a rinse thru normal aquatic activities to stay open. As soon as I moved to Cali & stopped going in the ocean they got progressively worse. A good wipeout with spin cycle would flush out all passages!

So the tylenol recommendation works for symptom suppression and has gotten me through work for two days.ive been rinsing daily for three days and then doing afrin at night. Headache pain is reduced but underlying all this is the fact that there is something not right still behind my right eye. No release. Back to the doc in the box tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

So the tylenol recommendation works for symptom suppression and has gotten me through work for two days.ive been rinsing daily for three days and then doing afrin at night. Headache pain is reduced but underlying all this is the fact that there is something not right still behind my right eye. No release. Back to the doc in the box tomorrow. 

Said above, but check the teeth. My dad had some nasty recurring sinus pain for years, antibiotics to treat, finally found some weird infection in the tooth. A root canal later, no more sinus issue.

Lot of this shit going around!  A month ago, caught a cold or sinus infection while on vacation in Europe with a bunch of mates, most of who also caught it.  Finally after 3 weeks and still got it, called the Doc who could not see me until a week later, this past Monday.  So, now I have full bottle of Levaquin, but the cold is better now, nearly gone, so going to save them for next time, when I won't have to wait a week to see the doc............

12 hours ago, Raz'r said:
13 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Said above, but check the teeth. My dad had some nasty recurring sinus pain for years, antibiotics to treat, finally found some weird infection in the tooth. A root canal later, no more sinus issue.

Glad to hear things are better, hope you get to the bottom of it.

-DSK

18 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Dointe go crazey withe afrin, ist habbit formeng.

11 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Dointe go crazey withe afrin, ist habbit formeng.

No it isn't (sniff). I use it all the time (Sniff, sniff). It just makes your sinuses used to being saturated with (Sniff) Afrin (Sniff) all the time (Sniff).

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

No it isn't (sniff). I use it all the time (Sniff, sniff). It just makes your sinuses used to being saturated with (Sniff) Afrin (Sniff) all the time (Sniff).

Kevin Dubrow from Quiet Riot wasn't a cocaine addict, he just really liked the way it smelled!