Sign in to follow this  
Halcyon Yachts

Young sailor of the year award

The crew of Scaramouche have been nominated for the young sailors of the year award. The boys have done so well this year. If like me you think they deserve to win the young sailors of the year award then please vote for Greig City Academy by following this link:

http://awards.yachtsandyachting.co.uk/vote-now/

They were the first-ever state school to complete the infamous Fastnet Race. This is their story: 

https://youtu.be/p4hxrNpLS6k

Many thanks for supporting them!

Pete

Petey matey not only do you keep posting shit and refusing to buy an add in this place for your business you want people to vote for your clients crew members now!!! You truly must have some sort of disease that is not pronouncable. 

Give up on-line marketing yourself in places like this..my experience is if you are good at what you do, you only have enough time on your hands doing that, let alone scratching yourself to consider posting shit here.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Petey matey not only do you keep posting shit and refusing to buy an add in this place for your business you want people to vote for your clients crew members now!!! You truly must have some sort of disease that is not pronouncable. 

Give up on-line marketing yourself in places like this..my experience is if you are good at what you do, you only have enough time on your hands doing that, let alone scratching yourself to consider posting shit here.

Thanks Jack. I sailed around the Fastnet Rock this year with 8 incredible teenagers, all of whom grew up in inner city London and had very little access to sailing. Thanks to one very determined teacher the school now own a 1980's race boat called Scaramouche. The school and in particular those 8 students have done so well and have achieved so much. It seems odd that you don't think this sort of story is suitable for a sailing forum. It's exactly the kind of thing I personally like to read about and am very proud to have been able to help them. 

Here's what the BBC wrote about the project: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-40898518

Happy sailing!

Pete

Blah Blah..my suggestion didn't work it seems. In plain English mate self promote elsewhere or post here as a fan and rabid supporter. Make your mind up, you can't do both. 

I suggest the latter is more productive if the ideals you espouse are truly your endeavour. You will get more hits to your vote platform for these kids if you do.

I am a orphan, I have sailed and raced around the world for more decades than you have had eggs for breakfast so please your poor kids from an inner city London school that can afford owning a Fasnet Race offshore race boat, probably all have an iPhone and have parents earning money to go home to doesn't really cut it with me. Give me a break. You are doing their enthusiasm an injustice with your poor kids never ventured beyond the kerb connection.

Get fair dinkum if you really care for these kids and or promoting the sport and stop being a lazy self promoting fuck Pete.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Blah Blah..my suggestion didn't work it seems. In plain English mate self promote elsewhere or post here as a fan and rabid supporter. Make your mind up, you can't do both. 

I suggest the latter is more productive if the ideals you espouse are truly your endeavour. You will get more hits to your vote platform for these kids if you do.

I am a orphan, I have sailed and raced around the world for more decades than you have had eggs for breakfast so please your poor kids from an inner city London school that can afford owning a Fasnet Race offshore race boat, probably all have an iPhone and have parents earning money to go home to doesn't really cut it with me. Give me a break. You are doing their enthusiasm an injustice with your poor kids never ventured beyond the kerb connection.

Get fair dinkum if you really care for these kids and or promoting the sport and stop being a lazy self promoting fuck Pete.

It's not at all about them being poor kids, they're not. They are ordinary teenagers who have developed a passion for sailing. The final 8 were selected from a school of over 1000. They have given up numerous weekends and evenings to practice, all year round. On top of that they have been touring the country giving presentations to yacht clubs and we even had an hour with Prince Philip at Buckingham Palace. They have worked so hard to generate sponsorship and are exceptional ambassadors for the sport. I think they deserve an award... 

Pete