Sign in to follow this  
Sol Rosenberg

Washington Post 1, Project Veritas 0

Why does someone of such sterling stature and honesty as Former Judge Moore need the silly fake Bernie Bernstein robocalls and now the moronic James O'Keefe, whose integrity rivals Nailing Malarkey's, to try to discredit news outlets with phony victims?  Is that really representative of the integrity of the Alabama or national GOP?  I sure hope not.  

Why not try to discredit the Post with the truth, instead of obvious lies, if Moore is indeed innocent?  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/a-woman-approached-the-post-with-dramatic--and-false--tale-about-roy-moore-sje-appears-to-be-part-of-undercover-sting-operation/2017/11/27/0c2e335a-cfb6-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.57d2d18eedf7

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Why does someone of such sterling stature and honesty as Former Judge Moore need the silly fake Bernie Bernstein robocalls and now the moronic James O'Keefe, whose integrity rivals Nailing Malarkey's, to try to discredit news outlets with phony victims?  Is that really representative of the integrity of the Alabama or national GOP?  I sure hope not.  

Why not try to discredit the Post with the truth, instead of obvious lies, if Moore is indeed innocent?  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/a-woman-approached-the-post-with-dramatic--and-false--tale-about-roy-moore-sje-appears-to-be-part-of-undercover-sting-operation/2017/11/27/0c2e335a-cfb6-11e7-9d3a-bcbe2af58c3a_story.html?utm_term=.57d2d18eedf7

Malarkey LOVED James O'Keefe, and defended him aggressively.

O'Keefe can't help but stepping on his own dick every time he tries something these days.

4 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Malarkey LOVED James O'Keefe, and defended him aggressively.

O'Keefe can't help but stepping on his own dick every time he tries something these days.

I don't think it's so much O'Keefe but the fact his schtick has been worn out now. No-one is going to feel comfortable around new clients/sources that get too pushy about taking a stand on something politically sensitive anymore. Wouldn't matter if it is another Project Veritas "sting" or someone else trying it; no-one with half a brain extends that level of trust to strangers anymore.

I do like the fact that The Washington Post showed them exactly how an investigative journalism really works though. Tracking their "source" back to O'Keefe and nailing them to their failed sting was just golden.

57 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

I don't think it's so much O'Keefe but the fact his schtick has been worn out now. No-one is going to feel comfortable around new clients/sources that get too pushy about taking a stand on something politically sensitive anymore. Wouldn't matter if it is another Project Veritas "sting" or someone else trying it; no-one with half a brain extends that level of trust to strangers anymore.

I do like the fact that The Washington Post showed them exactly how an investigative journalism really works though. Tracking their "source" back to O'Keefe and nailing them to their failed sting was just golden.

Project Vertias is the Keystone Cops of investigative journalism.

Worse, really because they are generally going into a place where nothing is going on then trying to manufacture evidence that there was. Or distort the evidence to make it look like there was.

So they're like the Keystone Cops, if the KC was always trying to plant drugs and weapons on innocent people while ending up shooting themselves in the dick and getting the dime bag stuck up in one of their employees' asses.

15 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Project Vertias is the Keystone Cops of investigative journalism.

Worse, really because they are generally going into a place where nothing is going on then trying to manufacture evidence that there was. Or distort the evidence to make it look like there was.

So they're like the Keystone Cops, if the KC was always trying to plant drugs and weapons on innocent people while ending up shooting themselves in the dick and getting the dime back stuck up in one of their employees' asses.

Roscoe P. Coltraine was more creative, with his phony fire hydrant.  And his followers were more mature.  O'kweef is a moron.  

Newsweek story:

Trump Donated to Project Veritas Before Organization Tried to Trick Washington Post With Outrageous Roy Moore Claim

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-donated-project-veritas-organization-tried-trick-washington-post-723888

12 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Newsweek story:

Trump Donated to Project Veritas Before Organization Tried to Trick Washington Post With Outrageous Roy Moore Claim

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-donated-project-veritas-organization-tried-trick-washington-post-723888

Another news organization that needs to be bought.

I don't get it. What was their end game in this one? Did they have an underhanded plan to get the story run in the WaPo, and then pull the rug out by saying they invented the whole thing? Or were they going to disown the woman, pretend they never met her, and destroy her (and WaPo's) credibility by proving she was faking the whole story?

36 minutes ago, Nice! said:

I don't get it. What was their end game in this one? Did they have an underhanded plan to get the story run in the WaPo, and then pull the rug out by saying they invented the whole thing? Or were they going to disown the woman, pretend they never met her, and destroy her (and WaPo's) credibility by proving she was faking the whole story?

Ya, I think the plan was to punk the WaPo- discredit them and make them look dumb.  What's great is that the dumb little agent lady realized that she was now the story and that is when she bailed.

The project veritas people really aren't that crafty.  Remember when he was trying to set up some Hungarian non profit and didn't know that he hadn't hung up after he left a message.? 

“Hey, Dana,” a voice began. The caller sounded to her like an older American male. “My name is, uh, Victor Kesh. I’m a Hungarian-American who represents a, uh, foundation . . . that would like to get involved with you and aid what you do in fighting for, um, European values.” He asked Geraghty for the name of someone he could talk to “about supporting you guys and coördinating with you on some of your efforts.” Requesting a callback, he left a phone number with a 914 area code—Westchester County.

She heard a click, a pause, and then a second male voice. The person who had introduced himself as Kesh said, “Don’t say anything . . . before I hang up the phone.”

That piqued my interest,” Geraghty recalls. Other aspects of the message puzzled her: “Who says they’re with a foundation without saying which one? He sounded scattered. And usually people call to get funding, not to offer it.” Victor Kesh, she suspected, was “someone passing as someone else.”

She continued to listen, and the man’s voice suddenly took on a more commanding tone. The caller had failed to hang up, and Kesh, unaware that he was still being recorded, seemed to be conducting a meeting about how to perpetrate an elaborate sting on Soros. “What needs to happen,” he said, is for “someone other than me to make a hundred phone calls like that”—to Soros, to his employees, and to the Democracy Alliance, a club of wealthy liberal political donors that Soros helped to found, which is expected to play a large role in financing this year’s campaigns. Kesh described sending into the Soros offices an “undercover” agent who could “talk the talk” with Open Society executives. Kesh’s goal wasn’t fully spelled out on the recording, but the gist was that an operative posing as a potential donor could penetrate Soros’s operation and make secret videos that exposed embarrassing activities. Soros, he assured the others, has “thousands of organizations” on the left in league with him

The accidental recording reached farcical proportions when Kesh announced that he was opening Geraghty’s LinkedIn page on his computer. He planned to check her résumé and leverage the information to penetrate the Soros “octopus.” Kesh said, “She’s probably going to call me back, and if she doesn’t I can create other points of entry.” Suddenly, Kesh realized that by opening Geraghty’s LinkedIn page he had accidentally revealed his own LinkedIn identity to her. (LinkedIn can let users see who has looked at their pages.) “Whoa!” an accomplice warned. “Log out!” 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/05/30/james-okeefe-accidentally-stings-himself

20 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I think the first part of the question answers the rest....

Judge (And I use the term loosely) Moore has no sterling stature, nor any shred of honesty. He's a sleaze ball, and a damned good reason to question authority in such cases.

I would not stand trial in front of Moore.

1 hour ago, Nice! said:

They were going to Dan Rather the WaPo, but the post did what real journalists do and verified the story. So much for the questions about their original story on this topic. 

Wow... a news organization that actually researched a lead and found it to be fraudulent.    

Like them or hate them, this is good news.

Factories have pop inspections, service industries send people into stores to make sure they're treated properly... hell they even made a TV show about bosses going undercover in their own businesses....  

Good for the Washington post.

22 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

He managed to enhance the WaPo's reputation...which raises an interesting questions of which side he is really working for. Did Fake News turn him or has he been their boy all along?? 

39 minutes ago, Mark K said:

He managed to enhance the WaPo's reputation...which raises an interesting questions of which side he is really working for. Did Fake News turn him or has he been their boy all along?? 

O'Queef is not that subtle.

12 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

So it seems, but here's the question: If you were trying to infiltrate the RW media, would you adopt a sane and intelligent persona?

The main thing I am looking at is his perfect record as a rake detector. A blindfolded idiot would miss stepping on one every now an again.  

35 minutes ago, Mark K said:

So it seems, but here's the question: If you were trying to infiltrate the RW media, would you adopt a sane and intelligent persona?

The main thing I am looking at is his perfect record as a rake detector. A blindfolded idiot would miss stepping on one every now an again.  

He still gets funding and clicks, why does he give a shit?

And that's the interesting question - why does he still get funding? Like the American Nazi shitheads - who's funding those fuckfaces?

4 hours ago, Mark K said:
4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Wow. Ya think he's really an agent of the Deep State, sucking up resources from the righties and secretly working to undermine them?

That'd be cool.

I doubt it, but it would be really really funny.

-DSK

What would be funnier would be if he changed parties just before congress reconvenes, after the new year.....

11 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

What would be funnier would be if he changed parties just before congress reconvenes, after the new year.....

That would,be hilarious.  So many Republicans would suddenly hate him, so many Democrats would suddenly understand his ‘brilliance’.    

2 minutes ago, Lark said:

That would,be hilarious.  So many Republicans would suddenly hate him, so many Democrats would suddenly understand his ‘brilliance’.    

To be fair - the Republicans would have good cause to hate him & I highly doubt Democrats would do much more than give a bland "We look forward to working with Trump on policies X, Y, & Z". Not because of the usual partisan bullshit, but because Trump has already danced too long with "the one that brought him".

Let's face it, the GOP are having to smile whilst eating a shit sandwich almost every day because of the man. It's well known that no-one likes Trump, trusts him, or even thinks he's worth a pinch of snot outside the fact it's hard for him to veto the tax reforms Republicans want to pass. Oh, and perhaps Ruth will keel over soon allowing them to set the SCOTUS bench. As a man whose principles they can back however... nada. Just look at all the tap-dancing and avoiding the point TMSAIL, Dog, and company have to do trying to minimise how bad Donald makes their party look. More than enough reason to hate the guy when switching parties.

As for the Democrats, they're seeing all of this as it unfolds. They can see how intractable Trump is for the party that brought him to power... so they know how little influence they'd have over him switching parties. There is simply no benefit to sucking up to the man. He'll do what he wants anyway, he'd never survive another election, and his "base" (to whom he goes to for daily twitter validation) wants nothing to do with the Democrats. Their best play, regardless of whether you want to play politics or stick to principles, is to let him continue fucking up the Republican's image amongst the swing voters and pray Ruth lasts another three years.

1 minute ago, Bent Sailor said:

To be fair - the Republicans would have good cause to hate him & I highly doubt Democrats would do much more than give a bland "We look forward to working with Trump on policies X, Y, & Z". Not because of the usual partisan bullshit, but because Trump has already danced too long with "the one that brought him".

Let's face it, the GOP are having to smile whilst eating a shit sandwich almost every day because of the man. It's well known that no-one likes Trump, trusts him, or even thinks he's worth a pinch of snot outside the fact it's hard for him to veto the tax reforms Republicans want to pass. Oh, and perhaps Ruth will keel over soon allowing them to set the SCOTUS bench. As a man whose principles they can back however... nada. Just look at all the tap-dancing and avoiding the point TMSAIL, Dog, and company have to do trying to minimise how bad Donald makes their party look. More than enough reason to hate the guy when switching parties.

As for the Democrats, they're seeing all of this as it unfolds. They can see how intractable Trump is for the party that brought him to power... so they know how little influence they'd have over him switching parties. There is simply no benefit to sucking up to the man. He'll do what he wants anyway, he'd never survive another election, and his "base" (to whom he goes to for daily twitter validation) wants nothing to do with the Democrats. Their best play, regardless of whether you want to play politics or stick to principles, is to let him continue fucking up the Republican's image amongst the swing voters and pray Ruth lasts another three years.

A Democratic Supreme Court candidate doesn’t even deserve a vote.   I guess the Dems have no reason to pivot.   

4 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Why do the mainstream members of The Party need to keep New York's Finest around once they do the deed on tax cuts?  (There's no reform about it. It was never about reform, it was about cutting for the Best People).  I'm trying to figure out what use they have for him once that is done.  

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Why do the mainstream members of The Party need to keep New York's Finest around once they do the deed on tax cuts?  (There's no reform about it. It was never about reform, it was about cutting for the Best People).  I'm trying to figure out what use they have for him once that is done.  

For the time being, Trump is their useful idiot. If a few Republican senators grow a spine and vote against the tax cut for the Best Americans, all bets are off. 

1 minute ago, Sean said:

For the time being, Trump is their useful idiot. If a few Republican senators grow a spine and vote against the tax cut for the Best Americans, all bets are off. 

Trump is the date they brought to the dance.  they have to do the jig with them until he pukes on the dance floor and is dragged out by the bouncers.

3 minutes ago, Sean said:

1 minute ago, Spatial Ed said:

Trump is the date they brought to the dance.  they have to do the jig with them until he pukes on the dance floor and is dragged out by the bouncers.

Yep.  If The Party fails on cutting taxes for the benefactors, I expect to see some 25th Amendment action.  

12 minutes ago, Lark said:

A Democratic Supreme Court candidate doesn’t even deserve a vote.   I guess the Dems have no reason to pivot.   

Bingo. There is nothing in it for them. If Trump wants to piss off the Republicans, they'll be happy to let him veto their every bill... but he's got no leverage over them to make them smile whilst eating their way through his shit sandwich platter. Trump also knows this. He'll stick to the "I can always get worse" leverage he has against the Republicans. If not, he'll be out on his ass quicker than you can say "unanimous impeachment vote".

12 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Ginsburg. Republicans need him to nominate the right person to replace her. They need to keep Trump mollified until then or develop a spine, impeach him, and have Pence take over. Growing a spine is apparently harder for them than smiling through the shit he shovels in their direction on daily basis.

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Yep.  If The Party fails on cutting taxes for the benefactors, I expect to see some 25th Amendment action.  

There must be a back channel with the cabinet going on right now.  Support the 25th amendment vote, and Pence will keep you on.

21 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Bingo. There is nothing in it for them. If Trump wants to piss off the Republicans, they'll be happy to let him veto their every bill... but he's got no leverage over them to make them smile whilst eating their way through his shit sandwich platter. Trump also knows this. He'll stick to the "I can always get worse" leverage he has against the Republicans. If not, he'll be out on his ass quicker than you can say "unanimous impeachment vote".

Ginsburg. Republicans need him to nominate the right person to replace her. They need to keep Trump mollified until then or develop a spine, impeach him, and have Pence take over. Growing a spine is apparently harder for them than smiling through the shit he shovels in their direction on daily basis.

Pence can do that just as well, if not even more reliably.  He could probably do that for tax cuts for the Best Americans too.  

Pence can do that just as well, if not even more reliably.  He could probably do that for tax cuts for the Best Americans too.  

True, but that requires Trump abdicating the office or for the GOP to grow a spine. I don't see either of them as likely anytime soon.

The window for getting that tax cut through with fitty votes closes in just a week or two though. I would imagine that is the only thing preventing the 25th Amendment option now. 

3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I’ve been wondering about that,    I think Trump is the expendable diversion,   When the economy inevitably crashes while Grandpa suffers Medicare cuts, North Korea causes a radiation nightmare on an American ship that couldn’t dodge and Houston floods again Trump is very expendable.   They can regime change to Pence and still expect to win the midterm with their Gerrymandered districts.    If the shit boat sinks under the pinch hitter it’s hard not to admit their policies are failing.

3 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

True, but that requires Trump abdicating the office or for the GOP to grow a spine. I don't see either of them as likely anytime soon.

I don't think it's spine.  I think it's just wanting to keep Trump in place so he gets blamed once the po folks realize that they got sold out.  Once tax cuts for the Best Americans comes to fruition, I think you will see The Party become far less willing to put up with idiocy from the Pride of New York.  

Gee hey, just checked out the Project Veritas thing.  How fucking evil is that.  They openly describe their long-term sting strategy to bring anyone on the left down.

You guys really are fucked now.

54 minutes ago, random said:

Gee hey, just checked out the Project Veritas thing.  How fucking evil is that.  They openly describe their long-term sting strategy to bring anyone on the left down.

You guys really are fucked now.

Project veritas are some bumbling plonkers.  They aren't going to bring down anybody.  Russian meddling is a much bigger deal

19 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Project veritas are some bumbling plonkers.  They aren't going to bring down anybody.  Russian meddling is a much bigger deal

I had no concerns that they would be effective, but the simple existence of an organisation with such open negative aims ...

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

They do great work on behalf of people accused of diddling teenagers. 

Slinging fake news to the right wingnuts.

Looks like New York Attorney General Schneiderman doesn't care for Project Veritas, but it won't matter, the Mercers will pamper him with plenty of dough.

"Project Veritas, a conservative charity that uses deceptive techniques and undercover videos to expose what it calls dishonesty and corruption, is at risk of losing its ability to raise money in New York because it did not disclose that its founder had a criminal record, New York regulators said Thursday. 

The organization has until Dec. 14 to explain why it failed to disclose James O’Keefe’s 2010 criminal conviction on records submitted to the state, according to a letter the New York attorney general sent to the charity Wednesday. 

If it does not provide an explanation, the letter states, Project Veritas could lose its ability to raise money in New York, a hotbed for charitable giving and the state where the group has its offices. It was not immediately clear how much of the group’s fundraising could be affected. 

Stephen Gordon, a Project Veritas spokesman, said in a statement: “This is an intentional and malicious attempt to shut us down — but we will not be stopped! We attempt to comply not only with the letter of the law but also the spirit of the law in every state.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/ny-attorney-general-warns-project-veritas-its-fundraising-license-is-at-risk/2017/11/30/7fd2d742-d606-11e7-a986-d0a9770d9a3e_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_veritas-455pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.8885f5347bff