• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

So, we’re looking for all of the abandoned Santana 20’s to grow the Colorado fleet. Let me know if you see one. 

Also, I personally am looking for a new deck or a new deck Santana ready to go. 

6 hours ago, Olyjeff said:

Flasher in Olympia is for sale. 

Do you know anything about this boat ?? I bought a used spin, the bag says Flasher, 1979 on it. I was wondering where it came from.

56 minutes ago, V21 said:

Do you know anything about this boat ?? I bought a used spin, the bag says Flasher, 1979 on it. I was wondering where it came from.

Yes, Flasher raced in Olympia and Portland for many years. The owner passed away last year. Flasher is stored in the dry storage at swantown marina and I believe is for sale. 

6 hours ago, JohnnyG said:

I know of one twenty miles south of Breckenridge that’s looking for a new home. 

I’ll send you a message. 

16 minutes ago, V21 said:

Was it number 1979 ? Do you know if it ever had an asym, blue and white ?

There were only about 1,000 santanas made. Nor did the have asym. 

3 minutes ago, readyjimm said:

There were only about 1,000 santanas made. Nor did the have asym. 

People do make mods / non o/d sails for their boats. The boat I'm using it on never had an asym either. I think you are right about the numbers though, looks too high

16 hours ago, Olyjeff said:

Yes, Flasher raced in Olympia and Portland for many years. The owner passed away last year. Flasher is stored in the dry storage at swantown marina and I believe is for sale. 

What??!! Glenn passed away? Holy fuck that just ruined my night. I don't think I'd spoken to him in the last three years but last time he was doing OK and adding pizza franchises. FWIW, Flasher is a pretty damn good boat.

-Snap

1979 could refer to the year the sail was made (most sailmakers put a date on the bag so you know whether you're using the most recent one or not, when you have multiples aboard or in storage). Weren't many assyms made back then, unless cruising style as Sled mentioned.

5 hours ago, Stiffler's Mom said:

Several scattered around Texas. 

New Deck Boats??

Yea, I am gonna swoop in and grab at least 3 of the new decks that are hanging around TX.  I will sell one to ya for a couple lowers..   :D