• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
robalex117

Congrats to new St. Francis YC Commodore Theresa Brandner

First Women Commodore for that club.  I don't know her,  but well done.  

Can somebody in the know give us the scoop  why she was elected  Commodore over the current Vice,  instead being elected  as the new Rear Commodore.

Well-liked J105 sailor and one of the few women drivers in that fleet.  Good for her, and from my limited interaction with her, good for St Francis too.

I don't know why this didn't happen a long time ago. Women are vastly superior organizers and men are born loafers. Now the ladies can run the organization and run the kitchen too.

4 hours ago, Glenn McCarthy said:

Don't know her, but big props!  We need tons more women running things in sailing.

Much to the chagrin of this website.

Chicago has (amongst others) Janet Baxter, Amy Neill, and Alice Martin.  I have great respect for each of them.  Please don't paint with such a broad brush. 

16 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

We had our first woman commodore at Seattle Yacht Club last year, about time I say and congrats to StFYC.

About 20 years behind CYC Seattle.  I think CYC is on its 4th or 5th.

In Frisco it's surprising they haven't had a Commodore that is/was BOTH long ago  :)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

In Frisco it's surprising they haven't had a Commodore that is/was BOTH long ago  :)

You are a fucking moron.  Go back to old lady perv pics at the track....

And take that super annoying signature line gif with you.

• Like 1

You know, I grew up in Los Angeles.  We called it "LA".  I called San Francisco "Frisco".  When I moved up here, I was told that it is called "The City" and asked how would I like it if someone called Los Angeles "LA".  Point being, don't call San Francisco "Frisco"

2 hours ago, allene222 said:

You know, I grew up in    Los Angeles    LA.  We called it "LA".  I called San Francisco "Frisco".  When I moved up here, I was told that it is called "The City" and asked how would I like it if someone called Los Angeles "LA".  Point being, don't call   San Francisco  Frisco "Frisco"

Image result for hells angels frisco

Fixed from DAGO !!

I wood just go with Frisco and leave it with that

"They" who beg to differ, have No Beef with You or Aye

tell them to Honk at and Call-Out the next Gentleman they sea  riding a Harley with a Triple Rocker MC Patch 

and challenge them to a gentlemanly discussion over a glass of WHINE regarding the preferred Noun to be used for Frisco :o:lol::lol::lol::huh::mellow::lol::lol::blink::wacko::unsure:

Doesn't matter to me as I live in Sunny, Warm (during the day) and Dry ................. DAGO B)

• Downvote 1

Our second woman commodore just finished her term - job very well done. 

She is now known as the "Commodorable" 

1. Well Done StFYC.  This the smartest thing they've done since they banned Alan Block.

2. Real SF natives call it "' 'Frisco" much to the chagrin of wannabe locals/transplants

3. Go away woody

On 12/6/2017 at 4:19 PM, Rainier said:

You are a fucking moron.  Go back to old lady perv pics at the track....

And take that super annoying signature line gif with you.

You can lose his signature line by clicking on the light grey x with down arrow on the right. It's just under the light grey horizontal line separating the post from the "signature". You will see, "Ignore signature preferences".

Then again you could ignore him altogether...

And.... If you don't quote him in your comment, those of us that do have him on ignore won't be exposed to his (half) wit.

• Like 1

So with a woman Commodore, have they opened the "Men's Bar" to women?  (I haven't been there for many years so maybe it was done awhile ago)?