• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
unbiased reporter

Australian skipper faces misconduct charge in Volvo race

Australian skipper faces misconduct charge in Volvo race

David Witt and Annemieke Bes on board Scallywag.

The Australian. 12:00AM December 7, 2017. NICOLE JEFFERY. Sports reporter. Sydney  @nicolejeffery

Australian skipper David Witt is facing a misconduct charge after an incident on the second leg of the Volvo Ocean Race.

It is understood that Witt will appear before an international jury at a hearing in Cape Town today to answer a complaint that he has breached Rule 69 of the racing rules of sailing.

The race organisers would say only that they would “provide an official communication after the hearing on Thursday’’.

Rule 69 says that “a competitor, boat owner or support person shall not commit an act of misconduct’’.

Misconduct is defined as “conduct that is a breach of good ­manners, a breach of good sportsmanship, or unethical behaviour: or conduct that may bring the sport into disrepute’’.

Witt, the skipper of Hong Kong-based yacht Scallywag, and his British helmsman Steve Hayles feature in a video that was posted to the team website during the second leg of the round-the-world race (from Lisbon to Cape Town) last month. The video purports to be a “breakfast show’’ and begins with Witt saying: “Adult warning: everything in this segment will ­offend most sections of the public domain.’’

Witt later introduces the only female crew member on board, Dutch Olympic silver medallist Annemieke Bes as “Doctor Clogs’’ and says they have a question for her from a viewer.

Hayles then says: “The question is: Our skipper David has a rash on his scrotum and they would like to know how these two are meant to apply the Sudocrem (an ointment)’’.

Bes, who is wearing a fake beard, is rendered speechless and Witt chimes in saying that the doctor is “mute’’ and “just does hand signals’’.

“So it’s in the Sudocrem and rubbing the Sudocrem like this,’’ he says while he pretends to remove cream from a jar and rub it into Hayles’ genital area.

The video was posted to the team’s website and automatically reposted to the Volvo Ocean Race website where it reportedly remained for several days before the race organisers removed it after complaints from the public.

The incident was then referred to the race’s protest committee.

A sailing website, www.sailingillustrated.com, broke the news of the hearing on Tuesday and posted a copy of the video to its Facebook page. However, the video was removed later that day. The original video was the subject of social media discussion within the sailing community for weeks.

Witt had attained a level of ­notoriety before the race even began when he declared, “There is no room for women on my boat”, in response to race rules that rewarded teams that included women with extra crew places.

“I’ve made my decision — we’re going with seven guys,’’ he said. “It’s hard enough to win the race, the last thing we need is to be part of a social experiment.”

However, he later backtracked and recruited Bes for the race.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/australian-skipper-faces-misconduct-charge-in-volvo-race/news-story/4a329510d99b5ab5991351e3dadc3363

hop over to a/c forum for the personal attacks the topic engenders........I call it the Weinstein / Lauer  Protocol  debate.

And the Jury found the complaints without merit. As they should. That's not to say WS's rules worked, the allegation and protest never should have been heard. 

On 7 December 2017 at 1:39 AM, allene222 said:

Dim Witt should keep up with what is happening in the world more.

Like stretchy spinnaker halyards.

Donno about a Rule 69 finding, but some sanction does seem to be in order. 

There are too many jerks with those behaviors in sailing, and they need to know it's not OK. 

As far as I am concerned, Witt DID bring the sport into disrepute. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

I agree with AJ and will add that the scene looked like it genuinely took Annemieke by surprise. Look, I've never been known for political correctness and have had my share of talking tos by HR... but the time and place of this ambush puts this bit of jocular racing banter into a different context entirely.

That falls squarely in the center of "creating a hostile work environment."  She's the only woman on board and if things got rapey out there, she'd be screwed. Women live with constant reminders that they are the weaker sex and that their well-being is more-or-less at the mercy of men. It will be hard to undo the ill-will and fear that that action initiated and it's probable that Annemieke will never feel comfortable on board now. I would not be surprised if she left the boat in Melbourne, if Witt remains. I don't know what sort of racing penalty should be applied, if any, but if I were a principal of Team Sun Hung Kai or an advertiser, I would fire Witt sooner as opposed to later. With extreme prejudice. Hell, I'd send a helicopter out there and winch his ass off the boat! This is not the sort of threatening behavior you want associated with your brand. At all. Ever.

I haven't read any of the misogyny thread here, but is this incident mentioned there? Because this is that. Period.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

And so what penalty would you impose?

1 hour ago, Somebody Else said:

I agree with AJ and will add that the scene looked like it genuinely took Annemieke by surprise. Look, I've never been known for political correctness and have had my share of talking tos by HR... but the time and place of this ambush puts this bit of jocular racing banter into a different context entirely.

That falls squarely in the center of "creating a hostile work environment."  She's the only woman on board and if things got rapey out there, she'd be screwed. Women live with constant reminders that they are the weaker sex and that their well-being is more-or-less at the mercy of men. It will be hard to undo the ill-will and fear that that action initiated and it's probable that Annemieke will never feel comfortable on board now. I would not be surprised if she left the boat in Melbourne, if Witt remains. I don't know what sort of racing penalty should be applied, if any, but if I were a principal of Team Sun Hung Kai or an advertiser, I would fire Witt sooner as opposed to later. With extreme prejudice. Hell, I'd send a helicopter out there and winch his ass off the boat! This is not the sort of threatening behavior you want associated with your brand. At all. Ever.

I haven't read any of the misogyny thread here, but is this incident mentioned there? Because this is that. Period.

The misogyny thread is all about this. There are about 5 going at last count. Endless opportunity for knights with shinning keyboards to ride in and save the poor damsel in distress. The clutching at pearls and mock outrage that this has given rise too has been high comedy. Yes Witty is a filter-less Oaf, but the real crime was posting it. Despite every hobbyist physiologist on here reading her mind, body language and facial expressions and reveling the hurt, and fear she felt, she is still happily on the team. A jury found he had no case to offer.

Now go and have a nice lie down until the pain subsides little flower.

• Like 2

Yes AB was speechless, but she was laughing. If AB was a prissy as some manginists on this forum, then when Witt stated that everyone will been offended, then she could have taken off her beard and not want to appear on the video. It's not like she just met him and did not know his sense of humour, and I'd highly doubt that he'd behaved up until the point they shot the video.  

52 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Yes AB was speechless, but she was laughing. If AB was a prissy as some manginists on this forum, then when Witt stated that everyone will been offended, then she could have taken off her beard and not want to appear on the video. It's not like she just met him and did not know his sense of humour, and I'd highly doubt that he'd behaved up until the point they shot the video.  

I'll buy that. Of course, the moment she decided to do this race, she knew what she was in for, be it hard work, constant ribbing and innuendo, etc. .

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

For that comment, you deserve lubeless butt rape.

Is it better with lube?

2 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

What sort of world do you live in to come up with that fucking delusional set of standards you’re judging people on??

Thats one of the most judgemental and offensive posts written on this subject so far!! 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

For that comment, you deserve lubeless butt rape.

And then you advocate rape!! 

You’ve got some serious fucking issues!

58 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

I'll buy that. Of course, the moment she decided to do this race, she knew what she was in for, be it hard work, constant ribbing and innuendo, etc. .

And you know this how exactly?

10 minutes ago, mad said:

What sort of world do you live in to come up with that fucking delusional set of standards you’re judging people on??

Thats one of the most judgemental and offensive posts written on this subject so far!! 

+1 He must sail with some complete fuckwits, unless they are his personal feelings when onboard with female crew. Out of all the shit written on this subject in different threads, this is the most disturbing.

41 minutes ago, mad said:

• A world where the president of the USA says he "grabs them by the pussy."
  • A country where the rate of government officials resigning or being fired because of sexual misconduct as exploded in this year.
  • A world where millions of women post #metoo to their Facebook pages.
  • A country where allegations of "creating a hostile work environment" will result in job termination, often without proof or a hearing.

Is it different where you live?

11 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:
  • A country where the rate of government officials resigning or being fired because of sexual misconduct as exploded in this year.
  • A country where allegations of "creating a hostile work environment" will result in job termination, often without proof or a hearing.

Yes, it’s called the rest of the world, and generally we don’t like to be judged in the same light as you. 

Most of your comments seem to be in direct connection with issues in your country, the rest of world is by no means perfect, or better in some places, 

Good luck your current President and the current situation, we wish you well. 

Care to address your rape comments??

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The misogyny thread is all about this. There are about 5 going at last count. Endless opportunity for knights with shinning keyboards to ride in and save the poor damsel in distress. The clutching at pearls and mock outrage that this has given rise too has been high comedy. Yes Witty is a filter-less Oaf, but the real crime was posting it. Despite every hobbyist physiologist on here reading her mind, body language and facial expressions and reveling the hurt, and fear she felt, she is still happily on the team. A jury found he had no case to offer.

Now go and have a nice lie down until the pain subsides little flower.

Fuck you, you miserable Australian piece of shit.

You are the Trump and Roy Moore of your cuntry.

I hope you die of a slow and painful disease of your tiny, shriveled unused cock.

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, sunseeker said:

I hope you die of a slow and painful disease of your tiny, shriveled unused cock.

i'm pretty sure PA is a few aisle's down.

31 minutes ago, bigrpowr said:

i'm pretty sure PA is a few aisle's down.

So as an American you want to support these Aussie pieces of shit that pollute this forum?

DoRag was right. 

These worthless Aussies ought to form their own site.

Not to say I think all Aussie males are worthless pieces of shit, I know few who would likely kick some of of the Aussies in this forum in the balls, if they could be found, because they make the cuntry look bad.

There’s about four or five guys here who end up dominating a thread, all the time, and it just gets tiresome. They are pathetic grown men, acting like spoiled little boys whose mommy is always there to clean up after their mess.

This has nothing to do with Political Anarchy, I just used Trump as an example of how pathetic they are as human beings.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, sunseeker said:

So as an American you want to support these Aussie pieces of shit that pollute this forum?

DoRag was right. 

These worthless Aussies ought to form their own site.

Not to say I think all Aussie males are worthless pieces of shit, I know few who would likely kick some of of the Aussies in this forum in the balls, if they could be found, because they make the cuntry look bad.

There’s about four or five guys here who end up dominating a thread, all the time, and it just gets tiresome. They are pathetic grown men, acting like spoiled little boys whose mommy is always there to clean up after their mess.

This has nothing to do with Political Anarchy, I just used Trump as an example of how pathetic they are as human beings.

who are these Aussie pieces of shit you speak of ? you just brought up politics , not sure what that has to do with applying cream to a rash. i'm here to talk about sailing , not politicians .

3 hours ago, sunseeker said:

Now now cupcake calm down. I have no idea who Roy Moore so you are shooting blanks again. And speaking of shooting blanks hows that GF of yours? Are you guys still together? I know things were difficult after she banged one of my countrymen but its not our fault that she enjoyed sex for the first time. You just got to learn to make it last more than 60 seconds mate. I guess she realized then how small your dick actually is when she saw a full sized one for the first time as well. That must have been an awkward conversation to have. Anyway mate Merry xmas to you and give her one for us Aussies. Come to think of it you better give her 10. Try to string a few together.

2 hours ago, sunseeker said:

If you really did know any Aussies you would know that we don't kick people in the nuts like a girl. A fuckwit like you would get a good smack in the mouth. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

That falls squarely in the center of "creating a hostile work environment."  She's the only woman on board and if things got rapey out there, she'd be screwed.

what the fuck sort of world do you live in?

2 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

what the fuck sort of world do you live in?

Yes the rape comment gives a fair view of his mindset. 

Apparently repeated posting of a video depicting a non-consensual sex act in the work place and submissive BDSM fetish to peoples auto play social media channels is a great way to promote the sport. That and telling us about how the ritualised brutalising of the 'wogs on passing the equator went.

Nothing to see here apparently. Certainly not something that might offend, well, you know, any where the first is illegal and the second would normally require age verification. Not even worth the investigators time to turn to a hearing really.

All good fun. Case dismissed. Lets move on.

2 minutes ago, rgeek said:

Apparently repeated posting of a video depicting a non-consensual sex act in the work place and submissive BDSM fetish to peoples auto play social media channels is a great way to promote the sport.

wow - that sounds like fun -- who did that one?

1 minute ago, rgeek said:

Apparently repeated posting of a video depicting a non-consensual sex act in the work place

Don't let the truth get in the way of your outrage Princess. 

9 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

She's the only woman on board and if things got rapey out there, she'd be screwed. Women live with constant reminders that they are the weaker sex and that their well-being is more-or-less at the mercy of men.

I have read some shit on this subject but you take the cake. The most offensive and demeaning weasel words about Bessie and the crew going. Give yourself an uppercut cunt because if they weren't  busy they would track you down and do it themselves. My guess is she would demand first go at knocking that head full of puss off your fuckin shoulders.

Just now, LB 15 said:

Don't let the truth get in the way of your outrage Princess. 

I'm outraged by your outrage at my outrage. I mean I'm literally in tears of frustration. Will you dry them for me?

1 minute ago, rgeek said:

I'm outraged by your outrage at my outrage. I mean I'm literally in tears of frustration. Will you dry them for me?

Here you go cup cake - use all you want.

advanced-toilet-paper.jpeg

You see all kinds of things that others don't. Like 'a non-consensual sex act'. You do know what an actual sex act looks like don't you? Should we draw you a picture?

0f3fc38682c5f33f2309e2af15b8eeb3--dirty-drawings-couples-couple-drawings-sex.jpg

Absolutely. It a completely natural conclusion that Hayles wanted it.

Anyhow it's been proven that that is categorically not what was shown, so happy days.

(BTW it's best to take your undies off just in case that's as far as you've got in the study book)

Fuck, a new thread with some newly outraged wankers.

I haven't yet found a female who (having watched the video) can understand the outrage you fuckwits are going on with.

Geek, Sunseeker and Somebody Else, please just fuck of with your babying and PC view of the world. Get a grip.

The video isn't that offensive to anyone who sails or hangs around here. AB holds her own as well.

Is it a great way to promote the sport and create characters? Like fuck

Was the handling of the hearing a joke? Lets just settle at, hardly surprising.

What a bunch of idiots!

So it was offensive enough to be considered (and dismissed--I get that) for a RRS Rule 69 violation, but legally: nothing? What backwater do you live in, cave man? 

Well why don't you call the cops? If it's good enough for Dawn it is good enough for you.

dont forget to tell them how badly your feeling have been hurt. 

My feelings aren't hurt.

You should understand that unwanted sexual behavior in the workplace is a huge issue in the USA right now and that people are losing their jobs and being sued in record numbers. Careers destroyed because some of the lads were just having a bit of fun. I can not believe that none of your news is covering this.

The reactions to hostile work environments are either too harsh or not harsh enough, depending on who is talking. But the repercussions are real. Men are tip-toeing around at work for fear of getting fired or sued. Women are seriously angry about being the target of unwanted sexual jokes, sexual advances, power inequality, etc. and they have found muscle in the legal system. I didn't write the laws; I just have to live under them.

16 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Donno about a Rule 69 finding, but some sanction does seem to be in order. 

There are too many jerks with those behaviors in sailing, and they need to know it's not OK. 

12 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

7 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

I'm going to go with these guys on this, then I'll go watch the vid - oh wait, it's been taken down.

But from the comments here it seems that there really are a fuck ton of misogynistic assholes out there (and on here) who really still just don't fucking get it with respect to the casual and colloquial way in which many men regard and refer to women, consciously or sub-consciously. Sexual innuendo is one thing and it has it's place, but context and setting is everything. Although Somebody Else makes some assumptions regarding Annemieke's state of mind and feelings, the basic premise is 100% correct. One woman on a boat full of men in the middle of fucking nowhere, we have to hope and trust that they all have the integrity and balls to be real men and live up to our expectations. But as evidenced by recent allegations and cases that have come to light, even the most revered and respected people can turn out to be rotten apples. A lot of shit can and has happened at sea, not all of it was rough weather, and not all of it is known. 

Let the flaming begin.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

You should understand that unwanted sexual behavior in the workplace is a huge issue in the USA

And WTF does that have to do with anything on that video???

You haven't seen it ,have you?

14 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:

My feelings aren't hurt.

You should understand that unwanted sexual behavior in the workplace is a huge issue in the USA right now and that people are losing their jobs and being sued in record numbers. Careers destroyed because some of the lads were just having a bit of fun. I can not believe that none of your news is covering this.

The reactions to hostile work environments are either too harsh or not harsh enough, depending on who is talking. But the repercussions are real. Men are tip-toeing around at work for fear of getting fired or sued. Women are seriously angry about being the target of unwanted sexual jokes, sexual advances, power inequality, etc. and they have found muscle in the legal system. I didn't write the laws; I just have to live under them.

This highlights the issue well. Many guys don't understand where the fine line is, "Oh she and I are good friends. We have an understanding" Really? Are you sure? And I mean really fucking sure? We spend so much time at work, that our work colleagues become our friends, but are they really our friends or have they simply take the place of friends? Friends can choose to leave if you are not to their liking. For colleagues, it's not so easy.

• Downvote 1

Watch the video fuckwit. It is on the front page if you scroll down to page 2.

Then comment.

13 minutes ago, DtM said:

Watch the video fuckwit. It is on the front page if you scroll down to page 2.

Then comment.

Thanks for the pointer, Arschloch.

My feelings aren't hurt.

It's a big issue here as well and that's why every one wants in on the act - even when none of that has any bearing on this. You are over in the man hands thread giving it to her as hard as anyone and yet here you are choking with mock outrage about the treatment of a woman. You know you are a cunt right?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DrWatson said:

This highlights the issue well. Many guys don't understand where the fine line is, "Oh she and I are good friends. We have an understanding" Really? Are you sure? And I mean really fucking sure? We spend so much time at work, that our work colleagues become our friends, but are they really our friends or have they simply take the place of friends? Friends can choose to leave if you are not to their liking. For colleagues, it's not so easy.

All this and you haven't even seen the video? What are you fucking a clairvoyant or something? 

6 minutes ago, Sir Max said:

And the misogynists come flocking, this reminds me of a time when people thought cigarettes weren't carcinogenic.

If you remember that you should be old enough to know better. Go find a real issue to vent you Faux outrage on dickhead.  It is your elk that protest to much that are the biggest worry. Deflecting perhaps?

3 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

All this and you haven't even seen the video? What are you fucking a clairvoyant or something? 

I'm not referring to the video at this point. I'm more referring to the lack of clarity a lot of guys have about what is perceived as harassment.

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

If you remember that you should be old enough to know better. Go find a real issue to vent you Faux outrage on dickhead.  It is your elk that protest to much that are the biggest worry. Deflecting perhaps?

I rest my case. 

1 hour ago, DrWatson said:

I'm going to go with these guys on this, then I'll go watch the vid - oh wait, it's been taken down.

But from the comments here it seems that there really are a fuck ton of misogynistic assholes out there (and on here) who really still just don't fucking get it with respect to the casual and colloquial way in which many men regard and refer to women, consciously or sub-consciously. Sexual innuendo is one thing and it has it's place, but context and setting is everything. Although Somebody Else makes some assumptions regarding Annemieke's state of mind and feelings, the basic premise is 100% correct. One woman on a boat full of men in the middle of fucking nowhere, we have to hope and trust that they all have the integrity and balls to be real men and live up to our expectations. But as evidenced by recent allegations and cases that have come to light, even the most revered and respected people can turn out to be rotten apples. A lot of shit can and has happened at sea, not all of it was rough weather, and not all of it is known. 

Let the flaming begin.

So you are claiming that she was endanger of being raped as well! You may have issues being alone with women but don't try and paint all men as having the same sick urges you do. Go fuck 'someone else' he has rape fantasies as well. You can take it turns to play the women victim. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrWatson said:

I'm not referring to the video at this point. I'm more referring to the lack of clarity a lot of guys have about what is perceived as harassment.

Speak for yourself you fucking oaf, and don’t drag the rest of us into your personal bigoted, shit filled sewer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrWatson said:

Although Somebody Else makes some assumptions regarding Annemieke's state of mind and feelings, the basic premise is 100% correct. One woman on a boat full of men in the middle of fucking nowhere, we have to hope and trust that they all have the integrity and balls to be real men and live up to our expectations

what the fuck is wrong with you and Somebody Else?

Can't either of you have a non-sexual working relationship with women ?

You two, by insinuating that the men of the volvo can't keep their dicks in their pants, and would force themselves on their crewmates, are by far the lowest commenters on these various threads.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Max said:

I rest my balls on my boyfriends chin.

1 minute ago, duncan (the other one) said:

You two, by insinuating that the men of the volvo can't keep their dicks in their pants, and would force themselves on their crewmates, are by far the lowest commenters on these various threads.

Funking A! These clowns really do have issues with women. Any women who is alone with a group of men is at risk of being raped apparently. Obviously they shouldn't be alone with these two twisted fucks.

4 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

So you are claiming that she was endanger of being raped as well! You may have issues being alone with women but don't try and paint all men as having the same sick urges you do. Go fuck 'someone else' he has rape fantasies as well. You can take it turns to play the women victim. 

Calm down, Mate. I'm not claiming she was in danger of being raped - but the potential is there. It's everyone's denial of that potential, and the vehement defence that it's not a potential, that's what people here are calling out. Maybe you know someone on the boat and can vouch for their upstanding character, and that's good, and although I've never met you, I'd weirdly trust your judgement on that from having read the tone of a lot of your posts. But even best friends are angry when they find out their mate raped their daughter. It happens. Not saying it's going to happen here. But it definitely happens. There's no need insult and suggest I might have trouble being alone with women, I'm just pointing out that a lot of guys, and I've not named anyone here on SA, don't know where the line between harmless banter and sexual harassment lies.

So, a serial misogynist gets to be POTUS, and the news is full of US men of power demeaning and debasing women. 

And the rest of the world is now the problem.

Ever heard of cleaning up your own back yard first gentlemen? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrWatson said:

I'm not claiming she was in danger of being raped - but the potential is there.

There's as much potential as Witty being hit by an asteroid, or the next cop you see bailing you up against a wall and rogering you with their nightstick.

Stop projecting the 'all males are rapists' bullshit

• Like 1

Holy fuck.

LB, to borrow a phrase - Fuck I love this place.

These guys have been watching too much porn is the only explanation. They're story line is  about the same.

8 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Yes I can and do have perfectly good non-sexual working relationships with women. I'm just pointing out that what a lot of guys perceive as banter is perceived by many women as a sexual advance, or "over the line".

Women anywhere are at risk of being raped. It's shit, yes. And no i don't look at every guy as a potential rapist. But to pretend it isn't a possibility is putting all our heads in the sand.

Women anywhere are at risk of being raped.

So you'll also mention the huge risk of there being a mass murderer amongst one of the crew, and it'll end up being a voyage of the damned?

But to pretend it isn't a possibility

.. maybe all the female volvo sailors should have been provided with some mace or tasar guns?

4 minutes ago, charisma94 said:

Holy fuck.

LB, to borrow a phrase - Fuck I love this place.

These guys have been watching too much porn is the only explanation. They're story line is  about the same.

DrWatson is the quiet Swiss guy who ends up having a dungeon in his basement.

Not saying he does - but we shouldn't pretend it doesn't happen.

5 minutes ago, DrWatson said:

Calm down, Mate. I'm not claiming she was in danger of being raped - but the potential is there. It's everyone's denial of that potential, and the vehement defence that it's not a potential, that's what people here are calling out. Maybe you know someone on the boat and can vouch for their upstanding character, and that's good, and although I've never met you, I'd weirdly trust your judgement on that from having read the tone of a lot of your posts. But even best friends are angry when they find out their mate raped their daughter. It happens. Not saying it's going to happen here. But it definitely happens. There's no need insult and suggest I might have trouble being alone with women, I'm just pointing out that a lot of guys, and I've not named anyone here on SA, don't know where the line between harmless banter and sexual harassment lies.

In fact I do know some of the crew and you can dance about all you want, you are claiming they are capable of raping her. Any man with a dick is capable of rape I guess ( counts Randumb out) but if you want women to live in a world of fear then go ahead and keep beating that drum. All men are rapists. 

The women in my life are more than capable of making their own judgments. They are mature adults. Please try an act like one yourself. Go find a real issue.

6 minutes ago, DrWatson said:

Yes I can and do have perfectly good non-sexual working relationships with women. I'm just pointing out that what a lot of guys perceive as banter is perceived by many women as a sexual advance, or "over the line".

Women anywhere are at risk of being raped. It's shit, yes. And no i don't look at every guy as a potential rapist. But to pretend it isn't a possibility is putting all our heads in the sand.

You need to see someone about your issues before you act on them. Until them I recommend cold showers and close your porn hub account. 

1 minute ago, Sir Max said:

This has been added to the deposition, keep talking you make my case stronger you geriatric fuck. 

trolldad.jpg

On the gin tonight mate? Makes you sad- try a beer.

Just now, charisma94 said:

Deposition??

He has been watching too much suits. He fantasises that Megan Markle wants it real bad. Like all chicks do apparently. That's why they spend time with men, knowing they are all capable of rape. 

I was at the IGA before. There was no one there but the cute girl behind the counter and two other male customers. Naturally we immediately thought of raping her but since it was late I just paid for my tomatoes and left. 

Where should I sent my man card too?

13 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

DrWatson is the quiet Swiss guy who ends up having a dungeon in his basement.

Not saying he does - but we shouldn't pretend it doesn't happen.

Of course. 

Did he just say that????

Remember Dennis Conner repeatedly calling the all-women crew on Mighty Mary all the way through the AC trials "the lesbo boat"?  

What did the almighty US do about it?

Made him the poster boy of US sailing for the next decade or more. 

And for some moral high grounders here, misogyny is the rest of the world's fault.