• Announcements

    • Zapata

      Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

      Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
kent_island_sailor

Misogyny in sailing?

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Alan H said:

It's sad, you know?  First of all, the site is significantly more grown-up and less constantly asshole  than it was 7-8 years ago.

I have a thread going in Fix-It anarchy about a rudder I'm building and it's absolutely great. I mean....fantastic. Guys are sharing tons of insights, sources for materials, experiences. I'm blown away. THAT is what SA could be, and sometimes is.

But then you go to the General Anarchy page and see "show us your wifes tits" and "I hate it when women flush tampons down my head" and comments about how some guys wife needs medical attention. hahahahaha. You look at the front page and see comments about Dawn Rileys ample butt.

Yeah, that's hard-hitting sailing journalism. That's what makes SA so so so much better than those other sailing sites. Um....

No.

I don't expect it to change. But the eds should probably understand that at least for me, every time I see stuff like that I reconsider..."do I really want to participate in that?  Is the good stuff worth the bad stuff?"

That comment was in response to what seemed like a women with medical issues that needed help. Turned out it was hypothetical and she really didn't do the things that were posted. FYI

There was no hahahahaha attached either and you do me a disservice when you make it look like I said that. Also note I started this thread!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nolatom said:

Leave SA out of it for a moment, if that's possible, though I do think it showed the two rescued women more respect than the remainder of the general media did, by a longshot.

Sailing itself, at least in the last century when it has been more a pastime than a commercial cargo-carrying necessity, should be the last place where women get dissed or harassed because of gender.  Racing sailboats (most of them, anyway), is an arena where women have been beating men straight-up for how long?  70 years?  From racers such as Timmy Larr and Jane Pagel, to cruisers like Tami Oldham Ashcraft who jury-rigged and nursed a crippled delivery boat to Hawaii solo, after a hurricane that killed her fiancé and dismasted and nearly sunk the boat?

I've had my clock cleaned not infrequently by women sailors, winter and summer, from the 1960s onward.  So I don't get where "it" comes from.  Maybe from the commercial waterfront, which has always been a boys' town, and still is mostly?  But not from the kind of sailing celebrated on SA.  Also, it doesn't have the same "I have to endure this shit, 'cause I need this job" factor that other shoreside venues have.

I'm not saying it ain't there.  But I don't see how it can be justified based on sailing itself.

 

The FP aside, sailing in general is desperate enough for ANYONE to participate I cannot imagine how a women that wasn't absolutely obnoxious could NOT get a ride or get into a club. Female officers and commodores are so common I wouldn't think it would even cause a mention. The one real area that they suffer in IMHO is the professional level where absolute strength and weight is paramount for grinder or ballast jobs. A grinder is essentially a human version of an electric motor and few women have the HP of a big hulk of a guy and if you want a human version of a lead weight, likewise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alan H said:

It's sad, you know?  First of all, the site is significantly more grown-up and less constantly asshole  than it was 7-8 years ago.

I have a thread going in Fix-It anarchy about a rudder I'm building and it's absolutely great. I mean....fantastic. Guys are sharing tons of insights, sources for materials, experiences. I'm blown away. THAT is what SA could be, and sometimes is.

But then you go to the General Anarchy page and see "show us your wifes tits" and "I hate it when women flush tampons down my head" and comments about how some guys wife needs medical attention. hahahahaha. You look at the front page and see comments about Dawn Rileys ample butt.

Yeah, that's hard-hitting sailing journalism. That's what makes SA so so so much better than those other sailing sites. Um....

No.

I don't expect it to change. But the eds should probably understand that at least for me, every time I see stuff like that I reconsider..."do I really want to participate in that?  Is the good stuff worth the bad stuff?"

Are you suggesting there is sexism or misogyny in either of the bold sections?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mark Set (BIMBO Local 713) said:

I've been reading for a month before i started posting so i knew what i was in for. Just a suggestion, i'd rather not have porn randomly pop up while im at work. 

It used to be contained to threads with “Friday” in the title only, but unfortunately over the years this has been forgotten by some of the newer refugees from WBF etc.  

Youll get a feel for the threads over time, or failing that. Stop surfing the internet at work! Just saying. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, allene222 said:

But you set the standards.  You own it and you have set limits.  It is just that you have chosen to set your standards very low.  Your site has a ranking 10 times higher than mine so I am in no position to tell you how to run your business.  Mine is close to Quantum Sails, yours close to West Marine.  More power to you.  But the net is that your site is extremely sexist.  One could argue it is more because of your inaction than action but as you can see even that would in fact get an argument.

That's the 2nd plug for your forum in about 10 posts. What kind of stories do you carry on your front page? 'Bungy cord - the perfect kite halyard?'. Tuning up your 3kn shitbox? How to make a dogs bowl into a galley sink? Buy an add Al.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, freewheelin said:

i'm not sure how this is surprising or how this is the one example you were able to find. there is literally and entire thread devoted to whether some sailor on youtube got a boob job or not.

dont-let-the-door-hit-you-where-the-good-lord-split-you1.jpg?w=263

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, allene222 said:

@Editor Please google "forum code of conduct" to get some examples of what other sites do.  You can believe in free speech and still have some rules beyond don't out people and whatever the hell that first rule means.  

This can still be a great sailing forum without being offensive to half the population.  You just need to set some reasonable standards.  Free speech has limits, always has.  They just need to be defined appropriately.

So you with your own tiny nothing forum site are giving advice to the worlds largest sailing forum. Shouldn't you be over motedating your site in case someone offends someone else. Good god man someone might have used the word 'tits.'!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mark Set (BIMBO Local 713) said:

I've been reading for a month before i started posting so i knew what i was in for. Just a suggestion, i'd rather not have porn randomly pop up while im at work. 

like this?

CGyNqRzXAAA8YzS.jpg:large

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

So you with your own tiny nothing forum site are giving advice to the worlds largest sailing forum. Shouldn't you be over motedating your site in case someone offends someone else. God got man someone might have used the word 'tits.'

Our theire anney ortheres on that sitte bessides alleene and herre husbinne?                       :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JimC said:

No its not, its just some crap a bunch of newbies made up. There was nothing like that on the real SA forum.

But you just cant tell kids today...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Anywhere there is Men and Money there will be Misogyny.
Pile a bunch of guys on a boat and .................bada bing bada boom

Thanks for your sensitive insight  'Meat Wad'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Alan H said:

Seriously?  The standard response to new people on this site is "show us your wife's tits".

And you expect women to be comfortable here?  In this thread one guy already tried to be funny about tampons. It's crude and juvenile. Is it ILLEGAL?  Probably not. So if it's not illegal, there's no problem, right?  I mean, that seems to be the operating system. If it's not illegal, then it's good.

Dudes bellow "Where's your sense of humour?".   My response is to roll my eyes, 'cause if by now you can't figure out that being a juvenile asshole is not going to win you points in the world, then I really can't help you.  If you're 50 years old and you still haven't figured it out then nothing I'm going to write is going to make any difference.

There's an ongoing advertising point on Sailing Anarchy, which is that those other guys are "sanitized" and "we're better than they are" and "we tell it like it is". I have news for folks.... being a juvenile asshole is NOT the same thing as being a realistic reporter.   Clean / Ed. you could have written the article about whatever rule/infraction the Dawn Riley was protesting WITHOUT the comment about her ass.  The comment about her ass added exactly nothing to the content of that article. NOTHING.  All it did was show what YOU are like, rather than anything about Dawn  Riley, the infraction being investigated, or anything else.

Upshot was, I read that front page article and I thought again about whether I really want to spend time on this site. Do I want to support a site where a significant number of the participants think it's funny to make tampon jokes and the site editor/owner makes comments about Dawn Rileys butt?  I didn't post here for about 5 years for the reason that I just didn't want to be associated with juvenile shit like that.  I'm back for now, but the more I see "show us your girlfriends tits" ...or comments like  they guy above who asked if another participants wife needed oil absorbent tampons, the harder it becomes to participate.

What is it about people named Alan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mad said:

It used to be contained to threads with “Friday” in the title only, but unfortunately over the years this has been forgotten by some of the newer refugees from WBF etc.  

Youll get a feel for the threads over time, or failing that. Stop surfing the internet at work! Just saying. 

It is friday somewhere...

 

2db906ad818069a7b2baa6426bd7cce2--lesbiansex-pictures-bw-photography.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Our theire anney ortheres on that sitte bessides alleene and herre husbinne?                       :)

I will say that one of the nice things about SA is that you can block people so you don't have to listen to their carp.  I missed LB 15's post but I see that he doesn't care for me.  I don't recall what he said that made me block him but I am sure the feeling is mutual.  My forum is basically a way for people to talk to me.  It clearly never took off and is nothing compared to SA.  I probably should never have brought it up.

I have been thinking more and more about the advice of others on this thread reinforced by the nice photo just posted.  Most of the people on this site are really nice folks.  But there are just too many assholes so I am done.  I don't like it and I am leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, allene222 said:

I will say that one of the nice things about SA is that you can block people so you don't have to listen to their carp.  I missed LB 15's post but I see that he doesn't care for me.  I don't recall what he said that made me block him but I am sure the feeling is mutual.  My forum is basically a way for people to talk to me.  It clearly never took off and is nothing compared to SA.  I probably should never have brought it up.

I have been thinking more and more about the advice of others on this thread reinforced by the nice photo just posted.  Most of the people on this site are really nice folks.  But there are just too many assholes so I am done.  I don't like it and I am leaving.

So you can't read my posts because you have me on ignore yet you have responded to what I posted.

Bye bye Allan. Go enjoy the silence of your own forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, allene222 said:

I will say that one of the nice things about SA is that you can block people so you don't have to listen to their carp.  I missed LB 15's post but I see that he doesn't care for me.  I don't recall what he said that made me block him but I am sure the feeling is mutual.  My forum is basically a way for people to talk to me.  It clearly never took off and is nothing compared to SA.  I probably should never have brought it up.

I have been thinking more and more about the advice of others on this thread reinforced by the nice photo just posted.  Most of the people on this site are really nice folks.  But there are just too many assholes so I am done.  I don't like it and I am leaving.

My carp are very quiet. You have neighbours with noisy carp? I can send you a raccoon to deal with that.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hand knit quilts are down the hall in the closet to keep you old ladies a little warmer here in the endless winter of despair forum

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

like this?

CGyNqRzXAAA8YzS.jpg:large

Don't think that's porn but really the sample size is a bit small to be definitive. Post more samples....

FKT

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

So you with your own tiny nothing forum site are giving advice to the worlds largest sailing forum. Shouldn't you be over motedating your site in case someone offends someone else. God got man someone might have used the word 'tits.'!

200.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people get ball busting, some get butt-hurt by ball busting. The latter probably shouldn't hang out here. Misogyny though, stupidly overused word. Much of the time it's not misogyny. How to tell? Check out how the dude reacts when, after he said some crass shit to the chick on the bow, she busts his balls in response. The misogynist gets all butt-hurt because the chick is acting like a man (and probably has a big ass); the asshole has a hearty laff and you can see his respect for the chick on the bow increase so obviously it might as well be a colored bar over his head.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine a sailing club bar where someone yells show us your GFS tits when you walk in, and there are random porn pics on the walls and scattered round the tables. Doesn't stop there being serious conversations with good people going on at some of the tables, but in general what sort of place is it?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JimC said:

Imagine a sailing club bar where someone yells show us your GFS tits when you walk in, and there are random porn pics on the walls and scattered round the tables. Doesn't stop there being serious conversations with good people going on at some of the tables, but in general what sort of place is it?

 

 

The kind I want to visit more often?  Oh.  Wait.  That's not right it is.

P.S. - the content of this thread has greatly improved.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

What is it about people named Alan?

They go first a lot. That fucks with their nerves, their self esteem and their ability to piss in a public restroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 9:03 AM, Editor said:

Are you inferring that I hate women? That's a fucking insult. And I don't hate Dawn Riley. I don't even know Dawn Riley, but Dawn Riley hates us. You should ask her why she hates us. It is a hell of a story. You really think i'm a misogynist because of the phrase that you highlighted? That's funny.

So why did you say she had a big arse?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimC said:

Imagine a sailing club bar where someone yells show us your GFS tits when you walk in, and there are random porn pics on the walls and scattered round the tables. Doesn't stop there being serious conversations with good people going on at some of the tables, but in general what sort of place is it?

 

 

A place that the regulars enjoy but you are free to walk out of anytime?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, random said:

So why did you say she had a big arse?

Probably eats too much and maybe doesn't exercise enough but it could just be in her DNA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep looks like the cultural immune system has kicked in and all the usual misogynists have rallied to the cause.

We don't want no steeeeeking women around here , next thing will be that they want to go sailing FFS!.

If they get too full of themselves just start accusing them of have fat arses, or claim that no one likes them (everyone is saying that).  Then they can be harassed with sexual overtones just to keep them scared and if they complain they can get banned for life and accused of having no sense of humour, didn't fit in with the crew or couldn't sail!

Fuck this is a great place!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you still around, random? Why don't you finally open your private sailinginquisition.com page and forum instead of boring us all the time? The domain name is available!

This is sailingANARCHY FFS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LB 15 said:

That's the 2nd plug for your forum in about 10 posts. What kind of stories do you carry on your front page? 'Bungy cord - the perfect kite halyard?'. Tuning up your 3kn shitbox? How to make a dogs bowl into a galley sink? Buy an add Al.

He doesn't need to "buy an ad."  

His website isn't selling anything, it's a completely free service that many of us use for consolidated wx reports, finding used sails, manuals and a variety of miscellaneous information related to sailing. Maybe you should look at it before commenting.

If you disagree with his views on misogyny in sailing, that's fine but if you can't debate him on the topic at hand, without resorting to ad hominem attacks, then perhaps you should reconsider your response or your position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2017 at 5:45 PM, Editor said:

no it isn't. some of the content in the forum might be. clean and i are far from sexist. 

I do seem to remember a picture of your ex-girlfriend on this site and you make some not so flattering comments about her.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an aside, I don't see a lot of misogyny in the sport overall, at least not on the boats I sail on, or the club I'm a member of. Personally, I'm completely down with that.  Whether misogyny exists in what folks would call the "higher levels of the sport" I dunno, as I don't move in those circles and never will.

SA, however, is 85% cool and 15% juvenile, mostly for the pure joy of being juvenile. That's a lot better than it used to be, it used to be more like 50/50.

You can block people now?  I didn't know that. Might be handy.  Or not, there are other solutions.  Anyway, nuff of this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i love a misogyny after a hard day of sailing.  Makes the muscles feel better.  There's a misogyny parlor down the road from me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Editor: If you keep this up, denying you're a misogynist or a sexist, an “Algorithm is gonna get you: All the buzz at AI’s big shindig,” https://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21732081-machine-learnings-big-event-all-buzz-ais-big-shindig

But then I remember that this website exists only for traffic, and only for the crotch-thinkers. The number of hits on the site is all that counts, and misogyny and/or sexism creates a lot of buzz, n'est-ce pas, mon petit chou?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alan H said:

You can block people now?  I didn't know that. Might be handy.  Or not, there are other solutions.  Anyway, nuff of this thread.

The ignore function was introduced when the first wave of snowflakes turned up. Some people lack the self control to just scroll past something they don't want to read. They are like a fat chick who has to put a lock on her fridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Captain Gigi said:

@Editor: If you keep this up, denying you're a misogynist or a sexist, an “Algorithm is gonna get you: All the buzz at AI’s big shindig,” https://www.economist.com/news/science-and-technology/21732081-machine-learnings-big-event-all-buzz-ais-big-shindig

But then I remember that this website exists only for traffic, and only for the crotch-thinkers. The number of hits on the site is all that counts, and misogyny and/or sexism creates a lot of buzz, n'est-ce pas, mon petit chou?

Hi Gigi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ajax said:

He doesn't need to "buy an ad."  

His website isn't selling anything, it's a completely free service that many of us use for consolidated wx reports, finding used sails, manuals and a variety of miscellaneous information related to sailing. Maybe you should look at it before commenting.

If you disagree with his views on misogyny in sailing, that's fine but if you can't debate him on the topic at hand, without resorting to ad hominem attacks, then perhaps you should reconsider your response or your position.

Well bully for him. I don't care if his website gives 2 billion a year in aid to Africa, cures cancer and makes the blind see again, he is still a winey dickhead and this is still sailing anarchy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ajax said:

If you disagree with his views on misogyny in sailing, that's fine but if you can't debate him on the topic at hand, without resorting to ad hominem attacks, then perhaps you should reconsider your response or your position.

Look, many here only know ad hominem attacks, please don't take their fun away by attaching a complicated name onto what they are doing.  They just think that's what you do.

This site is a 'mens shed' for grumpy old who men who haven't had a fuck for quite some time, and may never again, as seen in their constant sexual innuendo.  They need all the support they can get and shutting them down could be detrimental to their health, could be dangerous.  Think heart attack.

All they know is personal attack while offering no content, but that's ok, it keeps them away from the foetal position in a dark room and that's a good thing.

Never forget, that there is nothing more efficacious for a old man's ego than insulting others, particularly women (they are all bitches anyway) , it works, proven.  As evidence, note that there are posters here with tens of thousands of posts composed entirely of put downs!  They are still alive and thriving thanks to that.

So please be more considerate in what you ask for, think of the feelings of others before you click Send.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's difficult coming  to terms with what some people have written here. Sexism, offended, bullied, and all that PC nonsense.. As Hon.Ed. says everywhere, its free speech. If you don't like it, hey, don't read it. The few rules seem OK. I don't live in USA ,the land of the free, but from some of your comments its easy to see why Trump is having trouble making America great again. Maybe Scott can ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, of course there's misogyny in sailing, and yes, there's plenty of it here too.  It seems the most sensitive snowflakes are those out to defend the sport and the site against any improvement on that front, lead by the editor who had a remarkably defensive reaction (complete with straw man argument) to what was a pretty mild OP. 

To whoever said this was one of the most sexist places on the web, I'm sorry to say it certainly gets worse.  However, many of us would hope that SA could be a positive force on this front (both in the sport and on the web), rather than defend sexism with some silly nonsense about free speech.  As has also been said, there's some good stuff in here -- in spite of the bad, not because of the bad.  I used to come here daily, but now I rarely dip into the forum, and sophomoric crap on this thread is a reminder of why I don't bother.

"Boys will be boys" -- maybe, but when they grow up, my boys better not think it's ok to speak about women the way some people do around here.  I hope when some of you grow up, you'll think better of it, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, EthanB said:

However, many of us would hope that SA could be a positive force on this front (both in the sport and on the web), rather than defend sexism

You mean that having the Editor claim a prominent women in the sailing community has a fat arse and the SA jounalist claims that she sucks at her job and everyone hates her ... is a good sign?

Mmmmm

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, LB 15 said:

So you with your own tiny nothing forum site are giving advice to the worlds largest sailing forum. Shouldn't you be over motedating your site in case someone offends someone else. Good god man someone might have used the word 'tits.'!

Turn on your messaging pussy boy and get the pipe out of your cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meat Wad said:

Turn on your messaging pussy boy and get the pipe out of your cunt.

It is on as far as I know, but i may have enabled the fuckwit blocker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, random said:

Look, many here only know ad hominem attacks, please don't take their fun away by attaching a complicated name onto what they are doing.  They just think that's what you do.

This site is a 'mens shed' for grumpy old who men who haven't had a fuck for quite some time, and may never again, as seen in their constant sexual innuendo.  They need all the support they can get and shutting them down could be detrimental to their health, could be dangerous.  Think heart attack.

All they know is personal attack while offering no content, but that's ok, it keeps them away from the foetal position in a dark room and that's a good thing.

Never forget, that there is nothing more efficacious for a old man's ego than insulting others, particularly women (they are all bitches anyway) , it works, proven.  As evidence, note that there are posters here with tens of thousands of posts composed entirely of put downs!  They are still alive and thriving thanks to that.

So please be more considerate in what you ask for, think of the feelings of others before you click Send.

Now just stop crapping on Basketcase...........he tries very hard.........he is smart and he is nice and one day he will succeed........he is just struggling........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EthanB said:

Yes, of course there's misogyny in sailing, and yes, there's plenty of it here too.  It seems the most sensitive snowflakes are those out to defend the sport and the site against any improvement on that front, lead by the editor who had a remarkably defensive reaction (complete with straw man argument) to what was a pretty mild OP. 

To whoever said this was one of the most sexist places on the web, I'm sorry to say it certainly gets worse.  However, many of us would hope that SA could be a positive force on this front (both in the sport and on the web), rather than defend sexism with some silly nonsense about free speech.  As has also been said, there's some good stuff in here -- in spite of the bad, not because of the bad.  I used to come here daily, but now I rarely dip into the forum, and sophomoric crap on this thread is a reminder of why I don't bother.

"Boys will be boys" -- maybe, but when they grow up, my boys better not think it's ok to speak about women the way some people do around here.  I hope when some of you grow up, you'll think better of it, too.

The old 'I used to come here all the time, but know I only drop by occasionally to post that I don't come here any more' line.

There is this bar I don't like, but i do pop in occasionally to tell them I don't like the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Misogyny is an overused word these days. It's all too often used when sexism is the correct word. I suspect that the people who are the most vocal at crying misogynist are infact misandrists.

 

mfDWhm8.gif 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, random said:

You mean that having the Editor claim a prominent women in the sailing community has a fat arse and the SA jounalist claims that she sucks at her job and everyone hates her ... is a good sign?

Mmmmm

Well it certainly got the clicks happening. This site is a business, not a charity dipshit. The Ed didn't start it as a community service for snowflakes.

Arseclown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GC&GC said:

Now just stop crapping on Basketcase...........he tries very hard.........he is smart and he is nice and one day he will succeed........he is just struggling........

You are right, D.W. i have my issues. The biggest is i dont like you, and i know things. I know things about 'free speech', and im willing to share them for a lot less then you willing to pay for sloop's real name.

 You fucking dinosaur. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/12/2017 at 5:39 AM, Alan H said:

  I'm back for now, but the more I see "show us your girlfriends tits" ...or comments like  they guy above who asked if another participants wife needed oil absorbent tampons, the harder it becomes to participate.

Alun or should I call you Alain?

Welcome back and to assist your participation there has been a recent upgrade to SA Forums. The newbie can now respond to the partner titty call by simply selecting and pushing the appropriate SUYGFT and emoticon friendly button. Do that and all is sweet.

( . )( . )

( o Y o )

(*)(*)

( ^ )( ^ )

\ o /\ o /

( o )( O )

(.)(.)

(@)(@)

( + )( + )

oo

( $ )( $ )

(*o )( o )    zit on the tit.

and because this place now promotes gender equity.

8>

8-->

8------->

Now please go ahead and browse in comfort in this new age of understanding and respect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Alun or should I call you Alain?

To assist your participation there has been a recent upgrade to SA Forums where the newbie can now respond to the partner titty call by simply selecting and pushing the appropriate SUYGFT and emoticon friendly button. Do that and all is sweet.

( . )( . )

( o Y o )

(*)(*)

( ^ )( ^ )

\ o /\ o /

( o )( O )

(.)(.)

(@)(@)

( + )( + )

oo

( $ )( $ )

(*o )( o )    zit on the tit.

and because this place now promotes gender equity.

8>

8-->

8------->

Now please go ahead and browse in comfort in this new age of undrrstanding and respect.

The forum will be offensive to those in the LGBQTI community who do not conform to the idea that gender is binary.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Alun or should I call you Alain?

To assist your participation there has been a recent upgrade to SA Forums where the newbie can now respond to the partner titty call by simply selecting and pushing the appropriate SUYGFT and emoticon friendly button. Do that and all is sweet here in this new age of understanding and respect.

( . )( . )

( o Y o )

(*)(*)

( ^ )( ^ )

\ o /\ o /

( o )( O )

(.)(.)

(@)(@)

( + )( + )

oo

( $ )( $ )

(*o )( o )    zit on the tit.

and because this place now promotes gender equity.

8>

8-->

8------->

Now please go ahead and browse in comfort.

Those are needle dicks. These are more realistic:

8====>

8====}      reservoir tip

8####}     ribbed for her pleasure

8====@    uncircumsized

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IStream said:

Those are needle dicks. These are more realistic:

8====>

8====}      reservoir tip

8####}     ribbed for his pleasure

8====@    uncircumsized

Fixed and I defer to your experience on this subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, IStream said:

Those are needle dicks. These are more realistic:

8====>

8====}      reservoir tip

8####}     ribbed for her pleasure

8====@    uncircumsized

0     no show

999999999900oo_..    all talk no action

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2017 at 11:42 AM, Mark Set (BIMBO Local 713) said:

banning posting pornographic pics would be a good start, but I'm new here....

Yeah, y'are.  So show us yer tits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/12/2017 at 2:37 PM, allene222 said:

@Editor Please google "forum code of conduct" to get some examples of what other sites do.  You can believe in free speech and still have some rules beyond don't out people and whatever the hell that first rule means.  

This can still be a great sailing forum without being offensive to half the population.  You just need to set some reasonable standards.  Free speech has limits, always has.  They just need to be defined appropriately.

To a true anarchist/libertarian, no it doesn't - if it has any limits, it is not free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Frayed Knot Arts said:

Yeah, y'are.  So show us yer tits.

I don't want them banned, but I do want them in Friday or NSFW labeled threads. No big moral issue, just too many tits in the proxy cache and SA will disappear from work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VWAP said:

fuck this thread needs boobs

 

BHlw8dnCMAAbVBS.jpg:large

VWAP   why did you post this picture of Basketcase ?    He has issues.    He hates me and now he will hate you.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GC&GC said:

VWAP   why did you post this picture of Basketcase ?    He has issues.    He hates me and now he will hate you.

Hate is a strong word, major. I just dont like you and dont like how you portray yourself...... kind of above everyone else.  Almost like you lived on a hill looking down when in reality you are less of the Thurston Howell III that you think you are and more of an