• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
kent_island_sailor

Misogyny in sailing?

You’ll learn to fit right in and I don’t want you to take my Cliffy from me. It took me 2 whole weeks of aholing and trolling LB and J_S to earn my place in the Pantheon of Claven

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

You’ll learn to fit right in and I don’t want you to take my Cliffy from me. It took me 2 whole weeks of aholing and trolling LB and J_S to earn my place in the Pantheon of Claven

It’s a little-known fact.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 5:32 PM, GC&GC said:

as a newbie can i ask whether LB and Random are consenting sock puppets ?   I only have so much money for popcorn.

Hey G, don't look now, but you've been promoted to full blown Anarchist!  :D

as a newbie can i ask whether LB and Random are consenting sock puppets ?   I only have so much money for popcorn.

Hey Tex,   I like your style.    Take a read of  Conrad Black in National Review.    Also do you own a Henry Mare's Leg 44 Mag ?    you should get one.   great holsters also available.   totally legal in Canada the home of  Lib'tards .   Be careful in what you post about Cdns  as they specialize in stalking  but won't  visit you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salt Life said:

Hey look, you’ve been promoted to new sock puppet of the week! <_<

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, mad said:

Hey look, you’ve been promoted to new sock puppet of the week! <_<

Wow!  What an original thought...  You must be one of them there geniuseseses.   

32 minutes ago, GC&GC said:

Hey Tex,   I like your style.    Take a read of  Conrad Black in National Review.    Also do you own a Henry Mare's Leg 44 Mag ?    you should get one.   great holsters also available.   totally legal in Canada the home of  Lib'tards .   Be careful in what you post about Cdns  as they specialize in stalking  but won't  visit you.

No G, I'm afraid I don't have one of those.  But those Henry's are sweet!  You should see my arsenal and thousands of rounds of ammo though.  If I posted pix it would cause these libs heads to spin off...

I wish you would.   A good buddy of mine,  now deceased sadly,   used to get serial number 2 or 3 of each new S&W  released.   Number 1 goes to the Pres.  I am told.    Stay free in life and speech.    Don't take the trolls like Ish etc seriously.    If you are enjoying sailing don't hesitate to follow posts by Robert Perry on these pages.    Take a look at the 4 carbon cutters.    

1 hour ago, Salt Life said:

Wow!  What an original thought...  You must be one of them there geniuseseses.   

Just a shame you weren’t 

Grow the fuck up and own what you say. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Dave doesn't like me. I can't understand why.

Dave doesn't like you because he can't figure out who you are. Dave doesn't like any one.

• Downvote 1

Wow, that was easy! Click me twice and downvote me twice. Thanks cg cg.

If it weren’t for you and your new buddy we wouldn’t get to hear the noise from PA way over here in bashing girl land. Guns and ‘tards are yours to own- just move them on down the line...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

What’s interesting, to me anyway, is that it is usually minority groups that are victims of some sort of oppression. I can remember jokes about Jews, coloureds, Irish, cripples, pikies (gypsies), gingers, ‘poofters’, tramps (bums); the list goes on. These jokes were the then acceptable face of a whole bunch of ‘isms’, yet many a comedian made a career out of them.

Thankfully today we seem to have outgrown such crude humour, except when it comes to women. And that can be read two ways, which makes it a joke, so no doubt some on here, looking to be offended, will respond accordingly. 

The question is, what did I mean? Am I thankful women are still the butt of jokes, or thankful purile jokes targeting the vulnerable are on the decline and hopefully jokes targeting women will follow suite?

Oh shit, done it again! I just labelled women ‘vulnerable’ by association. 

34 minutes ago, Para Handy said:

Thankfully today we seem to have outgrown such crude humour, except when it comes to women. And that can be read two ways, which makes it a joke, so no doubt some on here, looking to be offended, will respond accordingly. 

Nothing to do with 'being offended' necessarily  I can see inappropriate language about women and not be offended, but that does not stop me from pointing out when someone has crossed the line.

The 'Offence' card is a strawman.  No one is required to be offended for misogynistic posts to be called for what they are.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Para Handy said:

What’s interesting, to me anyway, is that it is usually minority groups that are victims of some sort of oppression. I can remember jokes about Jews, coloureds, Irish, cripples, pikies (gypsies), gingers, ‘poofters’, tramps (bums); the list goes on. These jokes were the then acceptable face of a whole bunch of ‘isms’, yet many a comedian made a career out of them.

The question is, what did I mean? Am I thankful women are still the butt of jokes, or thankful purile jokes targeting the vulnerable are on the decline and hopefully jokes targeting women will follow suite?

Oh shit, done it again! I just labelled women ‘vulnerable’ by association. 

The war on humor.  Nothing is funny anymore.

You included the Irish and gingers in your list, which goes to show that even white males and females were fair game.  Everyone was subject to comedic observation, not just protected minorities.  Everyone had the capacity to laugh at themselves.  Now everyone is butthurt and comedy is dead.

8 hours ago, Whisper said:

The war on humor.  Nothing is funny anymore.

So why would that be any more effective than the other social wars?  You know, drugs and terror?  They just got stronger!

Seems the only people complaining are those who can't now make tasteless sexist jokes the women had to pretend to laugh at, without being called on it.

• Downvote 1

14 hours ago, random said:

Nothing to do with 'being offended' necessarily  I can see inappropriate language about women and not be offended, but that does not stop me from pointing out when someone has crossed the line.

The 'Offence' card is a strawman.  No one is required to be offended for misogynistic posts to be called for what they are.

So no one was offended. Come on rainy face man up. You are very easily offended. Why else would you have made 14k winey, bitchy shit posts?

15 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

So no one was offended. Come on rainy face man up. You are very easily offended. Why else would you have made 14k winey, bitchy shit posts?

Reed wat i sed fukhed.

• Downvote 1

Are you sure LB? Seems it is all feigned. Never met an argument he didn't wish to engage. All in the name of showing off. Even if it doesn't paint him in the best of light. What is important to random is you take notice.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Nowe wearer alle regulare poesteres, nobodey shoude be dismiste ore mottiefes questtioned.                             :)

And it's Christmas. Good will to all persons.

1 hour ago, BillDBastard said:

Are you sure LB? Seems it is all feigned. Never met an argument he didn't wish to engage. All in the name of showing off. Even if it doesn't paint him in the best of light. What is important to random is you take notice.

If you are not a sock, you are new here.  So you do not understand that nothing I post is feigned, no need to do that when I am anonymous and can post what I want with in the rules.  

I have not been offended by any of the posts here, but I can and do call them for what they are.

Your reaction is typical of those here who find alternate views a brain strain, "they must be trolling!".   No.  e.g. the posts #327 and #333 above are straight up, that's how I see it.  I am only responding to this so that you and others here cannot make yourself feel better by brushing the comments aside as disingenuous.  Sorry about that, they are real.

Deal with it, lay back and think of England.

1 minute ago, random said:

If you are not a sock, you are new here.  So you do not understand that nothing I post if feigned, no meed to do that when I am anonymous and can post what I want with in the rules.  

I have not been offended by any of the posts here, but I can and do call them for what they are.

Your reaction is typical of those here who find views alternate views a brain strain, "they must be trolling!".   No.  e.g. the posts #327 and #333 above are straight up, that's how I see it.  I am only responding to this so that you and others here cannot make yourself feel better by brushing the comments aside as disingenuous.  Sorry about that, they are real.

Deal with it, lay back and think of England.

Isn't that the advice they used to give rape victims?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BillDBastard said:

Seem to have  hit a nerve to illicit such a response.

Got it in one as they say..

Elicit. Illicit is something else entirely.

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Isn't that the advice they used to give rape victims?

Not that I am aware of.  I thought it was used for married women "who considered sex to be a chore".  Or so men at the time thought anyway.  I guess the men weren't good at it.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Seem to have  hit a nerve to illicit such a response.

Got it in one as they say..

A necessary part of your education.  The only thing you achieved was to look more of a newbie than you are.

Thank me latter.

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, random said:

Not that I am aware of.  I thought it was used for married women "who considered sex to be a chore".  Or so men at the time thought anyway.  I guess the men weren't good at it.

I guess it was "if you're going to be raped, lie back and enjoy it". I assume that was coined by some alpha-male type.

Edited by Ishmael
verbiage trim

Just now, Ishmael said:

I guess it was "if you're going to be raped, lie back and enjoy it" or some such. I assume that was coined by some alpha-male type.

Need to make it clear that my use of it was nothing to do with getting raped.  It was about doing wifely duty even if you don't enjoy it

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, random said:

Need to make it clear that my use of it was nothing to do with getting raped.  It was about doing wifely duty even if you don't enjoy it

A fine distinction, sometimes. However, I'll take it as intended.

6 hours ago, random said:

So why would that be any more effective than the other social wars?  You know, drugs and terror?  They just got stronger!

Seems the only people complaining are those who can't now make tasteless sexist jokes the women had to pretend to laugh at, without being called on it.

Learn to read, dumbfuck.

8 minutes ago, Whisper said:
6 hours ago, random said:

Learn to read, dumbfuck.

Yep, you are one of those.  Did women pretend to laugh at your jokes?

• Downvote 1

Couple of points: 

--my wife finds Cruising Forum and its ilk far, far more offensive, with their pedantic 'admiral' references (f.ex.) than SA, by far. 

-- I haven't seen anything from the women who are here. So for men to comment on whether the women are offended is, well,  at best... speculation 

13 hours ago, random said:

A necessary part of your education.  The only thing you achieved was to look more of a newbie than you are.

Thank me latter.

While you may be quite fond of self flattery, the casual observer sees it as little more that self falatio. A talent you can be and are most proud of it would seem.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BillDBastard said:

While you may be quite fond of self flattery, the casual observer sees it as little more that self falatio. A talent you can be and are most proud of it would seem.

Yes it is truely facinating to see people like you get so disoriented when they get outside their comfort bubble. They are so used to the circle jerk of opinions they usually inhabit that they go all abusive when their world views get warped.

Interesting little fantasy you have shared with us.  :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, random said:

Yes it is truely facinating to see people like you get so disoriented when they get outside their comfort bubble. They are so used to the circle jerk of opinions they usually inhabit that they go all abusive when their world views get warped.

Interesting little fantasy you have shared with us.  :lol:

An emoji mate? Seriously? They are the Internet version of canned laughter. But no need mate. We don't need anyone to point out your posts that deserve laughing at. And happy non denominational 1st world guilt day. Have a good one. 

LB your pal there is a classic hybrid, not only does he fancy himself as too cool and thus liberal, he also ticks all the boxes of too stupid to realize he is too stupid to understand. Danger there is he thinks he is very clever on top of way too cool. That heady combo of ignorance, lack of logic and common sense, with an over abundance of egomania makes for a curious cocktail. Lord save us if he ever wields any sort of power or command of others. 

But I fear all this is lost on our dear boy, too stupid rues the day for his mere existence.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

LB your pal there is a classic hybrid, not only does he fancy himself as too cool and thus liberal, he also ticks all the boxes of too stupid to realize he is too stupid to understand. Danger there is he thinks he is very clever on top of way too cool. That heady combo of ignorance, lack of logic and common sense, with an over abundance of egomania makes for a curious cocktail. Lord save us if he ever wields any sort of power or command of others. 

But I fear all this is lost on our dear boy, too stupid rues the day for his mere existence.

Me an LB frendes.   Our you talkling abote me? 

I woude sitte downe an cry.......my frend BDB threathens with intimitiateng talkle licke that.                                                       :)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Nah, you are tew cenzitife Snigglet.

Sew u noh how this stuvf vvorks, if you hovea your moose over the A t5o theright osa givenpost and hitz entra, it adds to the like poster cownt. Howz dew you register a negative vowt

/

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Nah, you are tew cenzitife Snigglet.

Sew u noh how this stuvf vvorks, if you hovea your moose over the A t5o theright osa givenpost and hitz entra, it adds to the like poster cownt. Howz dew you register a negative vowt

you allreddey figgurre thet oute.                                      :)

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I woude sitte downe an cry.......                                                    :)

Not in the stairwell, Shirley???

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

A holliday deceratted stairwell if you dointe minde.                                :)

Not at all Snags...baubles on the balusters and knick-knacks on the newels??? 

Merry Christmas to your good self...:)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Grabbler said:

Not at all Snags...baubles on the balusters and knick-knacks on the newels??? 

Merry Christmas to your good self...:)

Saime to you an youres my deare Grabbler.                                 :)

• Like 2

WOW~  Wha' hoppen the Original intent for this thread?  We wuz 'asposed'a be talkin' about mistreating the "Fairer Sex" (never seen my Ex-MIL, didja? Came with her own posting placards!) and here we're into tradin' insults and sendn' each 'nother Harpy Christ's ass massages... it's positoovely disheartening!

Well, I gues that, "When in Rome, eat a Roman"  still applies, so

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Gay Porn Christmas Anarchy is twelve doors down.

(can you still say stuff like that on anarchy?)

This is the last bastion of freedom of opinion, so hold your balls tight and have a blast this Christmas

4 hours ago, Frayed Knot Arts said:

WOW~  Wha' hoppen the Original intent for this thread?  We wuz 'asposed'a be talkin' about mistreating the "Fairer Sex" (never seen my Ex-MIL, didja? Came with her own posting placards!) and here we're into tradin' insults and sendn' each 'nother Harpy Christ's ass massages... it's positoovely disheartening!

Well, I gues that, "When in Rome, eat a Roman"  still applies, so

Too bad about all the lichen, she should spend more time indoors.

Paging Captain world famous yachting photographer Gigi. People are being harassed over here. We need some screen shots, stat!

On 12/23/2017 at 10:41 PM, Ishmael said:

I guess it was "if you're going to be raped, lie back and enjoy it". I assume that was coined by some alpha-male type.

I believe that started with a channel 7 weatherman in NYC back in the 70's, who seemed to take a few shots before the news started..  the main story was about a rape of young girl and he came back with that comment..  the anchorman jumped over the desk and was strangling him on camera..  

18 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I believe that started with a channel 7 weatherman in NYC back in the 70's

Way way older than that.

On 12/21/2017 at 3:16 PM, Salt Life said:

No G, I'm afraid I don't have one of those.  But those Henry's are sweet!  You should see my arsenal and thousands of rounds of ammo though.  If I posted pix it would cause these libs heads to spin off...

love it when people talk to themselves..