plywoodboy

Ian Farrier

Well Stephen just remember that it was the TT's that proved the concept and acted as the base board that all others were built on. I'm biased of course as I sail a TT720 and they too are brilliant ... in there own way.

I wish I had video but the other day I went out sailing in company of MadHatter so a TT720 vs a F85sr, one of the earliest home built designs against the last and we had a ball. We were sailing circles around the F85sr all day.....true he had only his cruising jib up and wasn't trying hard and we had our racing jib and main with two reefs in... but never let truth get in the way of a good story. ;p

I thought it was a fitting tribute to a designer with such a broad spectrum of boats on the water.

BTW we had food and water for a couple days stay on ours too so we could have gone faster...LOL

16 hours ago, LionIsland said:

IFarrier, a friggin genius? 

Fuck yeah he was! 

Way way way beyond that!!!

With all due respect to some other great designers can anyone think of anyone who comes close to what Farrier achieved?  I can’t. 

Stephen. 

Can’t disagree Stephen.

having sailed or raced the 27,24, 25c, 28, 31, and 36 I only ever had one design argument with, Ian, and it was to his face with beers in our hands.  I argued that moving the mast further back in the boat would provide greater  safety on reaches and running, and he stated that it was true, but the engineering of the load dispersion from the mast base - away from the front beam bulkheads - was prohibitive.  I respect that, and appreciate that he would listen to a knucklehead like me openly and go down the rabbit hole in all the design consideration - which he had clearly run through his head a zillion times.

if anyone had their boat damaged in the recent hurricanes, but the central hull is ok, ping me, as I would be glad to buy it and put longer floats on it and get my dream 

the man was a mighty intellect, and a force of nature in supporting a movement.   

Iam probably the last one who bought F32SRX plans from Mr Farrier and i will start building in February 2018. Crew already hired and I hope that Farrier Marine  keep supporting builders.

It will be fastest boat on Baltics

Keep us posted on your build Roman.  And join the Fboat Yahoo group.  Ian moderated it and he has posted many helpful hints there, (though, AFAIK, there is no obvious/good way to "search" for past posts, you just have to scroll thru the ridiculously abbreviated thread titles).  But its a very active forum with a lot of smart people to help and carry on Ian's legacy.  Be aware that there is also a Fboats (plural) Yahoo forum which is not as active and Ian did not contribute to it, so I only look at it every few weeks.   Good luck with the 32.

Eric

5 hours ago, RomanV said:

Iam probably the last one who bought F32SRX plans from Mr Farrier and i will start building in February 2018. Crew already hired and I hope that Farrier Marine  keep supporting builders.

It will be fastest boat on Baltics

You can always look at my site to get some ideas.

My frind Rirchard has some unused plans of a F32SRX 

http://f32thriller.blogspot.nl/

23 hours ago, eric1207 said:

Keep us posted on your build Roman.  And join the Fboat Yahoo group.  Ian moderated it and he has posted many helpful hints there, (though, AFAIK, there is no obvious/good way to "search" for past posts, you just have to scroll thru the ridiculously abbreviated thread titles).  But its a very active forum with a lot of smart people to help and carry on Ian's legacy.  Be aware that there is also a Fboats (plural) Yahoo forum which is not as active and Ian did not contribute to it, so I only look at it every few weeks.   Good luck with the 32.

Eric

Thank You, I will.

20 hours ago, mowgli said:

You can always look at my site to get some ideas.

My frind Rirchard has some unused plans of a F32SRX 

http://f32thriller.blogspot.nl/

Thanks , I visited Your site already .You have lots of useful links there.