• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
arr4ws

looking for a melges 24!

Hey everyone ,

we just sold our J/88 to move back to a melges 24. So i am looking to for one!

Looking for a boat with good inventory , in very good shape. Id say 500+ hull number , but im not closed to anything really. Need a trailer . Im open to anywhere in north america.

contact me here in private message .

So was the 88 not the thing you were looking for? Know someone willing to part with a well equipped 20. 24s are tougher out here as the fleet is still very strong.

5 hours ago, Varan said:

So was the 88 not the thing you were looking for? Know someone willing to part with a well equipped 20. 24s are tougher out here as the fleet is still very strong.

I am looking for a 24. I did a sailing test on the 20 and its not my cup of tea! thanks!

Curious, what was it you didn't like about the J88 that you would prefer a M24?

On 12/12/2017 at 8:36 AM, DIYC said:

Curious, what was it you didn't like about the J88 that you would prefer a M24?

Different beast in my opinion.

I want to sail more and have less maintenance to do . J/88 need more crew as well .

13 hours ago, tweisleder said:

This was just posted.  One heck of a deal:

http://melges24.com/node/14560

It should not last long as there are not a ton of high quality used boats on the market.

Travis,

Know of any older, barn find style 24’s available?  Looking for one to wet sail in local phrf weeknight races.   Missed the one in Boston a few months back that was perfect for what I wanted to do

thanks 

5 hours ago, crashtestdummy said:

Travis,

Know of any older, barn find style 24’s available?  Looking for one to wet sail in local phrf weeknight races.   Missed the one in Boston a few months back that was perfect for what I wanted to do

thanks 

PM location and price ranges and I will send you what I see is out there....inventory is thin.

10 hours ago, tweisleder said:

Not for a boat that may only have the 2016 worlds on it.

In that case, it may indeed be a good deal. The 24 is such a great boat. Hard to believe it was designed like 25 years ago. A lot has changed over those years, but the melges 24 still doesn't look dated to me.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:36 AM, crashtestdummy said:

Travis,

thanks 

I had four buyers in waiting, two ready to bid the price up. Honored the original price.

Perhaps we can play “Where does Crashtestdummy live?”or you can put your location in your profile....