Sign in to follow this  

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, derelicte said:

I think dan will be at rbr next year as he won't have any other competitive choice. merc and ferrari won't sign him as they want a solid #2 driver that will follow orders and I don't see him signing up for that. now if alonso calls it quits he might be swayed by maclaren, but that is probably a long shot...

ferrari needs a more consistent 2nd driver if they want to win wcc but I'm not sure dr is that person. my $0.02.

Wouldn't Ricciardo leaving RBR for McLaren be a huge step backwards, to a slower car?

possibly. he said he wants to do what hamilton did and switch to a mid field team on the cusp of greatness and win a wdc but I'm not sure that is going to happen again anytime soon. realistically mac is the only team with deep enough pockets to pay him what he feels he is worth.

23 hours ago, derelicte said:

possibly. he said he wants to do what hamilton did and switch to a mid field team on the cusp of greatness and win a wdc but I'm not sure that is going to happen again anytime soon. realistically mac is the only team with deep enough pockets to pay him what he feels he is worth.

One of my good mates here at work is Italian, and a devoted Tifosi.  He follows the Italian press on this, and told me that it's a sure thing, according to them, that Danny Ricciardo will be piloting a Ferrari next year.  EDIT, Obviously in Kimi's place....

That was a fun race. Too bad seb screwed up again though and made it an easy win for lewis. Even kimi put in a good drive but then again it is contract time so that was to be expected.

I guess we'll see where dr ends up but I have a hard time believing it will be ferrari as long as seb is there. plus leclerc is doing really well with sauber and he has to be on ferrari's radar. toto is claiming both of their drivers are going to resign so there isn't a seat for him at merc. we'll find out soon enough.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 1:05 PM, billy backstay said:

One of my good mates here at work is Italian, and a devoted Tifosi.  He follows the Italian press on this, and told me that it's a sure thing, according to them, that Danny Ricciardo will be piloting a Ferrari next year.  EDIT, Obviously in Kimi's place....

What are the over/under odds on that bet?

Crazier things have happened in F1 Silly Seasons, but Ricciardo is no Barrichello.

And Bottas has to be the biggest bargain in F1. 

Not to mention Leclerc has his contract with Ferrari, he's "under loan" to Sauber, and it was Ferrari that installed Leclerc at Sauber to begin with as part of their engine deal.

Every season there are always hyped rookies, but Leclerc looks like the real deal, and he will be in a Ferrari.  The question is 2019 or 2020.

Leclerc is the real deal. A graduate of Ferrari’s Driver Academy, those in the know say his natural ability and speed is eclipsed only by a monumental urge to win. His pedigree is also startling. One of only three Monégasque to make it to F1 (along with Louis Chiron and Olivier Beretta), he began karting aged just four, urged on by his father Hervé, a sometime F3 racer. He bunked off school one day to visit a kart track owned by the late Jules Bianchi’s father, and that was that. Bianchi became his mentor, as he ascended through the motorsport ranks via Formula Renault 2.0, European F3, and Formula 2.

He won that championship last year – the youngest driver ever to do so and the first rookie since Nico Hülkenberg in 2009 – in emotionally supercharged circumstances. Not only did he lose Bianchi (who died in the wake of his shocking crash at Suzuka in 2014), but his father also passed away, three days before the fourth round in Baku. Leclerc subsequently took pole position and won the first race, and was P2 in the second. Not many 19-year olds have that sort of fortitude.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/formula-one/could-charles-leclerc-be-f1s-next-superstar

2 hours ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

What are the over/under odds on that bet?

Crazier things have happened in F1 Silly Seasons, but Ricciardo is no Barrichello.

And Bottas has to be the biggest bargain in F1. 

Not to mention Leclerc has his contract with Ferrari, he's "under loan" to Sauber, and it was Ferrari that installed Leclerc at Sauber to begin with as part of their engine deal.

Every season there are always hyped rookies, but Leclerc looks like the real deal, and he will be in a Ferrari.  The question is 2019 or 2020.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/formula-one/could-charles-leclerc-be-f1s-next-superstar

I'm interested to see where Leclerc goes...here's hoping.  He has a better story than, Max "I'm here because my daddy said so" Crashstappen.

On 6/25/2018 at 11:12 PM, WCB said:

I'm interested to see where Leclerc goes...here's hoping.  He has a better story than, Max "I'm here because my daddy said so" Crashstappen.

I disagree!  Yes, Max is very young and impetuous, taking chances that he need not.  Behind that is the first young drive to come along in decades that much natural instinct.  Please name another?  Sure, his Dad may have greased the skips a bit, but he is a very talented driver, in his own right,  He just needs to dial it down a notch or two....

2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

I disagree!  Yes, Max is very young and impetuous, taking chances that he need not.  Behind that is the first young drive to come along in decades that much natural instinct.  Please name another?  Sure, his Dad may have greased the skips a bit, but he is a very talented driver, in his own right,  He just needs to dial it down a notch or two....

And I respectfully disagree. I think the ability of the car gets him out of trouble far more and if he was in one of the lesser cars, he'd already be a reserve driver. He keeps piling into other cars, putting his car where it doesn't belong. I wouldn't call that instinct.  I'd call that an oh shit moment.

5 hours ago, WCB said:

And I respectfully disagree. I think the ability of the car gets him out of trouble far more and if he was in one of the lesser cars, he'd already be a reserve driver. He keeps piling into other cars, putting his car where it doesn't belong. I wouldn't call that instinct.  I'd call that an oh shit moment.

Nope its how you create respect, so they let you pass, its working :)

4 hours ago, LeoV said:

Nope its how you create respect, so they let you pass, its working :)

It couldn't be part of Red Bull's strategy because with each crash, you see Horner looking annoyed and he's shaking his head.

3 minutes ago, WCB said:

It couldn't be part of Red Bull's strategy because with each crash, you see Horner looking annoyed and he's shaking his head.

Agree.  I think Max still needs to demonstrate he can mature into a reliable top 5 finisher with regular podiums without losing the edge.  A lot of young drivers show up blindingly fast but they DNF due to mistakes far too often. DK was blindingly fast but accident prone at first but then appeared to lose his edge.  I think Max will stay fast as he continues to mature and tempers his aggression just a bit. 

3 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Agree.  I think Max still needs to demonstrate he can mature into a reliable top 5 finisher with regular podiums without losing the edge.  A lot of young drivers show up blindingly fast but they DNF due to mistakes far too often. DK was blindingly fast but accident prone at first but then appeared to lose his edge.  I think Max will stay fast as he continues to mature and tempers his aggression just a bit. 

I imagine that Max will mature at some point too, it's bound to happen, either between experience or constant stern talks from his team and sponsors, but the question is what comes of it.  It's like Dani Pedrosa from MotoGP if you follow that.  He was the big Spanish hope for the WC and he was never able to put together more than a string of injuries. He's now out for Jorge Lorenzo which should make it interesting next year.

Rumor at Red Bull Ring is that Kimi and Leclerc may be swapping seats before the Belgian GP (26 August). If true, that would be a shocker.  

During practice this morning they were saying that Max has driven the last two rounds in a calm manner and that his father wasn't present at either round.  They say his father is back at Austria so they'll see what happens...fireworks!

11 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Rumor at Red Bull Ring is that Kimi and Leclerc may be swapping seats before the Belgian GP (26 August). If true, that would be a shocker.  

I would think that Kimi would retire, rather than accept a demotion?  He surely doesn't need the money!!   Up until my recent 63rd birthday, I never thought that I would want to quit working for an income, but it's seeming more attractive each passing week.........

On 6/25/2018 at 11:12 PM, WCB said:

On 6/28/2018 at 11:09 AM, Innocent Bystander said:

Ralf?  Quick...for three laps/corners, then BOOM.

On 6/29/2018 at 2:55 PM, WCB said:

During practice this morning they were saying that Max has driven the last two rounds in a calm manner and that his father wasn't present at either round.  They say his father is back at Austria so they'll see what happens...fireworks!

They also said Mercedes were going to walk away after the first lap, hee hee hee hee jajajajajajajaja......

On 6/29/2018 at 9:14 AM, Innocent Bystander said:

That's just to shove a cattle prod up Kimi's arse.  Like every season.

And as usual, it worked.  The last time I actually saw that guy driving with his heart was at Lotus, and then they stiffed him his salary.

So the Scuderia, private jets and yachts it is.  Just every now & then he has to bring it.  I was pulling he would win and almost, but 2nd will do.

Whose leading the Contructors again?  Kimi has one more season left in a Ferrari.

6 hours ago, peejay said:

Great day for Haas.

FOR 'MURICA!

once again merc "strategists" screwed up but ultimately it didn't matter. when was the last time merc had a 2 dnf that wasn't a result of a crash between the two? 

kimi is frustrating. he can drive but only when it is contract time. I think ferrari needs to let him go. hopefully haas has gotten their issues sorted and this trend continues. 

Sky announcers came up with 1955 since Merc had 2 mechanical DNFs in the same race. Lewis fronted up for a post race interview but didn’t actually say anything. 

Haas had a good result, keeping in mind there were only 3 cars on the lead lap at the end and 3 of the probably top finishers had mechanical DNFs. 

it is rare races like these that the back markers need to capitalize on. even alonso grabbed a couple of points.

14 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Nice race by Max and yes, Kimi woke up. Who would have predicted a double mechanical from Merc?

They said they were new spec engines; I guess they didn't do enough testing?

5 hours ago, derelicte said:

bottas had a transmission failure.

Lewis did not want to be in that car if he wasn’t up front.  If his engine or tranny had blown up. I would have thought he did it on purpose.  I’m guessing fuel pressure is hard for a driver to cause that problem unless he dials up the fuel rate and burns all fuel and ends up with no pressure since there is no fuel to pump.

he was pissed off,  rightfully so, but his whining about it reminded me of the way Danica would whine about the cars when she was driving nascar.  Shut up and drive.  Drive the wheels off the car.

being they will be at silver stone next,  I have no doubt that he will be driving like a man possessed.

he did sound pissed on the radio and I don't blame him. that was a pretty simple call to make and they blew it and cost him the race.  plus this wasn't the first time they screwed up like this and he paid the price. 

but that's racing and I'm sure ferrari will return the favor at some point this season. they have a knack of doing that. 

2 hours ago, derelicte said:

he did sound pissed on the radio and I don't blame him. that was a pretty simple call to make and they blew it and cost him the race.  plus this wasn't the first time they screwed up like this and he paid the price. 

but that's racing and I'm sure ferrari will return the favor at some point this season. they have a knack of doing that. 

It's surprising that neither Mercedes nor Ferrari have called you to run their strategy programs as they keep fucking up, whilst you find its easy with your 20/20 hindsight..it didn't cost your hero the race, a mechanical did, they obviously need to work on reliability as Hamilton only recently had his last one...in 2016...

Oh ...they won the last four Constructors and your boy three WCs...and I don't hear anyone at Mercedes whining like a bitch when 'hard as a motherfucker' occasionally fucks up...

I am still not so sure the VSC call cost LH the race.  If you look at how pasted his tires were, I am doubtful he would have been able to stay out front either.  The Merc was hardest on the tires on Sunday and me thinks if they had pitted for Softs during the VSC on lap 14 he most likely would have had to stop again around lap 60.  LH had newer softs once he did stop and SV just drove right past him.  MVs tires were toast by the finish and with LH out front as a carrot it wouldnt surprise me if MV would have tried to chase him down and wrecked both of their tires in the process.All of that plays into a possible win for KR.

It is all conjecture, but blame James Vowles for making a bad call all you want, but it didnt cost LH the win.

We need a wet race at Silverstone!!

MS

I gotta say, bad call on 10 sec to Kimi.

Hamilton had to have known that in the first 3 or so corners it was going to be close. It's a fast course and people push in the first lap. IF he had just gone wider Kimi would have still locked up and went sideways Ham would have sped away and the 2 Bulls would have passed Kimi too.

I say bullshit to it being a brit event and a brit princess got  pushed partially of his own fault.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

I gotta say, bad call on 10 sec to Kimi.

Hamilton had to have known that in the first 3 or so corners it was going to be close. It's a fast course and people push in the first lap. IF he had just gone wider Kimi would have still locked up and went sideways Ham would have sped away and the 2 Bulls would have passed Kimi too.

I say bullshit to it being a brit event and a brit princess got  pushed partially of his own fault.

Maybe if you had watched the rest of the broadcast you would have seen KR admit to making a mistake, give a Finnish apology and said the penalty was fair....just saying...

1 hour ago, ro! said:

Maybe if you had watched the rest of the broadcast you would have seen KR admit to making a mistake, give a Finnish apology and said the penalty was fair....just saying...

What nobody seems to mention beside Kimi making a mistake, is that Hamilton royally screwed the start and let two cars pass him.  Once he realized this one wasn't a gimmie, he drove one hell of a race.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ro! said:

his mistake we going to fast?
Doesn't that happen in every F! start and first lap?

Hamilton is too experienced to not know that.
Besides if it was a mistake, it was not on purpose and a 10 sec penalty for a mistake is absurd.

his mistake we going to fast?
Doesn't that happen in every F! start and first lap?

Hamilton is too experienced to not know that.
Besides if it was a mistake, it was not on purpose and a 10 sec penalty for a mistake is absurd.

The penalty from the stewards was because Kimi caused an avoidable accident....don't expect you to understand that...

Hamilton said....Kimi apolagised and I accept it, sometimes we say dumb shit and learn from it...

you not so much..

23 hours ago, ro! said:

The penalty from the stewards was because Kimi caused an avoidable accident....don't expect you to understand that...

Hamilton said....Kimi apolagised and I accept it, sometimes we say dumb shit and learn from it...

you not so much..

I've seen far worse where nothing was done.

5 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

I've seen far worse where nothing was done.

Of course you have....

Again...Kimi admitted fault, apolagised and said the penalty was fair and Hamilton accepted and moved on..but you can't seem. let it go...

I'm all done with pig wrestling....

Sebbo's German Curse continues with it's perfect track record.

Heh curious 17sec pit stop for Bottas as well, so much for "No Team Orders" at Mercedes.  I wonder if Lewis added some secret riders in his contract after Nico nipped "his" WDC.

Nice race. Unprobable result. And the rain adding some randomness.

59 minutes ago, Dilligaf0220 said:

Sebbo's German Curse continues with it's perfect track record.

Heh curious 17sec pit stop for Bottas as well, so much for "No Team Orders" at Mercedes.  I wonder if Lewis added some secret riders in his contract after Nico nipped "his" WDC.

I was pulling for botas to make the pass. But given the history the pair have for wrecking each other.  Probably a smart call to settle them down.

bummer for Vettel 

Awesome race!  One of my mates, from Italy is Tifosi and he hates Lewis!!  It was good to rub his nose and pointing out that Lewis is perhaps a better driver, as Ferrari's were faster this weekend.  Wonder where they found that extre 25 HP in their electrics?  Sorry for Vettel though, that was a bad mistake.

It's good to see Mercedes pit strategy work finally, with a little help from mother nature.  Bottas has a lot of class, and took the team orders without protest.  It would have made for an exciting last few laps if they let them race to the end though. Glad Hamilton won, good to see Vettle lose it.

another great race. the back and forth of this season has been fantastic. but I hope this isn't the beginning of seb's unraveling. it's that time of the season... :(

after the last few exciting races, this one was a bit of a bore. some nice passing by danny ric, though. 

• Like 1

maybe he is sick of drinking out of his shoe so by switching to renault he is guaranteed to never be on the podium again?

Let’s hope Lauda pulls through this time too. A lung transplant is not a small matter

1 hour ago, mad said:

What does he know about Renault that we don’t? 

F1 neophyte here. I see where he was peeved about the big deal that Max got, compared to his offer. What team is next behind RB in the constructor standings?  Renault. Getting more money is a given. Could trying to take the next team back and bump them over RB play into it, or is it just money?

^ The official story is he wanted just a one-year contract, so he'd be free when a slot opens at Mercedes or Ferrari. And RB insisted on two years

4 hours ago, mad said:

Renault has a history of success - eventually- and they are in this for the long run.  Maybe he doesn't trust that Honda will find a lot of power before the next big change in 2021.  Renault, other than RBR's engines) have been reasonably reliable, the new aero coming that may work against RBR all may have played.  Add in the contract issues, taking second seat behind Max, keeping his options open for the future and Renault likely offering a bigger check.   

+1

I had a feeling something like this was in the works.

Whats not to like? DR the late braking King paired with the steady journeyman hulk. Renault are improved. and DR is out from under the "potential" of Max. 

Sainz will land somewhere why not McLaren? alongside Alonso? Does Alonso have another year at McLaren?

Who goes to RB? With a new Engine they are going to need some maturity, not sure if Max is that guy or any one on the junior team.

Here's a wild assed idea... Alonso or Kimi to RB ? Sainz  to McLaren/Ferrari

Gotta love silly season

VM

31 minutes ago, vibroman said:

+1

I had a feeling something like this was in the works.

Whats not to like? DR the late braking King paired with the steady journeyman hulk. Renault are improved. and DR is out from under the "potential" of Max. 

Sainz will land somewhere why not McLaren? alongside Alonso? Does Alonso have another year at McLaren?

Who goes to RB? With a new Engine they are going to need some maturity, not sure if Max is that guy or any one on the junior team.

Here's a wild assed idea... Alonso or Kimi to RB ? Sainz  to McLaren/Ferrari

Gotta love silly season

VM

And we thought silly season was going to be boring this year with most seats already claimed.  If nothing else, DR tossed in a wrinkle.  

54 minutes ago, vibroman said:

my guess is gasly will get the call up. that's a pretty safe move.

4 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Renault has a history of success - eventually- and they are in this for the long run.  Maybe he doesn't trust that Honda will find a lot of power before the next big change in 2021.  Renault, other than RBR's engines) have been reasonably reliable, the new aero coming that may work against RBR all may have played.  Add in the contract issues, taking second seat behind Max, keeping his options open for the future and Renault likely offering a bigger check.   

I agree. Even the great Adrian Newey can't fix slow.  

Max has allegedly had potential for years now and gets the biggest payments, don’t blame Dan one bit for going to Renault for more bucks. Who would want to be Max’s bumboy and the Renault engines seem to be less troublesome in cars other than RBR.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:21 AM, mad said:

1)  That it will piss off his old boss that he has been playing contract hankey pankey with all season.  That has to be the cherry on that sundae.

And he hasn't thrown a ripple into the silly season, he's chucked a cinder block into a small pond and giggling all the way to the bank.

Alonso going to RBR has ZERO chance of happening, on a Fantasy F1 pool sure, but F1 politics being what they are it ain't ever going to happen.

Then there is Stroll Sr. organizing the syndicate to take over Force India.

3 hours ago, derelicte said:

it probably means that there will be a vacant seat at williams for 2019 on. not that there's anyone urging to go there, but..

On 8/8/2018 at 11:41 AM, Trovão said:

it probably means that there will be a vacant seat at williams for 2019 on. not that there's anyone urging to go there, but..

Ocon is a contracted Mercedes driver, and Mercedes is really pushing to have a B Team similiar to Red Bull/Toro Rosso & Ferrari/Haas.  Apparently they've been eyeing Williams AND FI's money woes so realistically they are both in a contest to be the "Baby Benz" team.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Lance is driving in a Force Stroll before the end of the season.

Which could be pretty much the beginning of the end for Williams. 

Stroll isn't just a pay driver, Lawrence "Daddy" Stroll is a marketing genius for luxury brands that has been an F1 paddock fixture for decades, and he's brought atleast 3/4 of Williams sponsorship.  Martini, Oris, all gone for next season.

• Like 1

I hope this isn't the end of williams. I'm sure they can find another paying driver out there somewhere.

Stroll seems to make force India independent

Merc B team seems a logical choice?

Not sure if Frank would go for that as they have been the most vocal against the B team Concept

On 8/3/2018 at 7:21 AM, mad said:

I'm guessing it's more about what he knows about Honda.

On 8/14/2018 at 12:19 PM, Mr. Squirrel said:

Silly season just took another turn

Alonso out of F1 after 2018

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-will-not-race-in-formula-1-in-2019/3158671/

I also saw a link to a story that Kimi has signed for 2 more years at Ferrari, but I cant find the link

MS

well, so it is goodbye to (one of ) the best driver(s) in the grid.

This morning McLaren announce Sainz as Alonso's replacement. 

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/sainz-to-race-with-mclaren-in-2019/3159457/

MS

Did anyone see the response to Ferrari's new power unit from Mercedes ? Quite shock it seems. Vettel blew by Hamilton like VB and MV took the rest of the field. Then drove away. 

That being said, barring rain for the next few races it should be a nail biter at Abu Dhabi. 

Thoughts fellow Fans ?

Been like that for the last 4 GP's only luck (lack thereof)  preventing Ferrari victory. Merc troubled by lack of traction out of slow speed corners leading to lower top end and high Deg on rears. Next two will be tough as well. Ferrari must have some trick mapping going on and rumored to have found extra HP in the battery deploy. Monza may not be the slam dunk everyone is thinking about however as fewer slow speed corners. All to play for

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:48 PM, Trovão said:

well, so it is goodbye to (one of ) the best driver(s) in the grid.

Alonso seems to be doing very well in endurance racing now! 

Vettel's power advantage was quite a change-up!  Kimi did not seem to have the same power though?  Next few races will be very interesting!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Prof Anthrax said:

Vettel blew by Hamilton

Hamilton stayed in 7th gear, which left him as a sitting duck.

Merc have got so used to having the superior car they come across as accusatory when it comes to Ferrari going one up on them, maybe I am wrong but I have not seen other teams accusing Mercedes of cheating when they were winning races by 30 seconds, now Ferrari have found a .01 of a second per lap advantage Hamilton implies that Ferrari are doing something not quite above board.

13 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

Merc have got so used to having the superior car they come across as accusatory when it comes to Ferrari going one up on them, maybe I am wrong but I have not seen other teams accusing Mercedes of cheating when they were winning races by 30 seconds, now Ferrari have found a .01 of a second per lap advantage Hamilton implies that Ferrari are doing something not quite above board.

I don't recall exactly when, but in one of the past few races the Ferraris had faster cars for that particular race, but were not really able to capitalize on it, and the following race, Merc was back on top.

Kimi really got fucked in quali and then fucked again at the start along with ricciardo. Hamilton on first lap was a mystery. Guess it was just a brain fart.

Yawner after the Hamilton then did not get it done on the restart but for one thing.

Vettel and Hamilton on the few laps before the pit stop were on the gas and going at it hard. Those cars are fast and those guys can drive the hell out of them given half a chance.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Major Tom said:

I heard the Hamilton piece and his words were they (Ferrari) must have some trick parts on the car. I believe the context of the rest of the conversation,  and the way I interpreted the word "trick" was to describe fancy or cool parts, not cheating parts. Perhaps envy rather than accusatory was the mood.

• Like 1

I watched from a bar in Vettle's home town of Heppenheim which is near my sailing club, That was fun.
They change the sign when you come in to the town to "Vettelheim"

• Like 1

That was a nice victory for seb and ferrari. a few more of those and the last couple of races are going to be very exciting unlike the last few seasons. can't wait!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 7:26 PM, vibroman said:

I heard the Hamilton piece and his words were they (Ferrari) must have some trick parts on the car. I believe the context of the rest of the conversation,  and the way I interpreted the word "trick" was to describe fancy or cool parts, not cheating parts. Perhaps envy rather than accusatory was the mood.

I have seen where LH and TW have both said they mean trick in the cool sense, not the cheating sense.  MB has some trick parts too, they just arent as trick as the Ferrari bits at the moment.

MS

• Like 1

Going to be an awesome race tomorrow, a bunch of records broken during qualifying, and almost a smile from the Iceman!

• Like 2

What an unpredictable race, won’t make anymore comments until everyone has had a chance to watch it. Enjoy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vibroman said:

Wow Race of the year !!!

Who'd a thunk it !!!!

Indeed it was!!

12 hours ago, vibroman said:

Wow Race of the year !!!

Who'd a thunk it !!!!

I Thunk it was exciting, at the beginning but after  Kimi's tires went off, it was over...............................on antoher note

2 hours ago, Henley Hornbrook said:

I do think penalties should be more consistent. LH was as culpable as MV was. 

It is pretty obvious that this race was in the bag for Mercedes. Both incidents were caused by the Merc drivers and the decision was in favor of the Merc drivers.

Both LH and VB stuck their nose somewhere where they could not fit and accidents resulted. 
I think this series is already decided.

F! will suffer for the lack of one and the other decision.

I Thunk it was exciting, at the beginning but after  Kimi's tires went off, it was over...............................on antoher note

It is pretty obvious that this race was in the bag for Mercedes. Both incidents were caused by the Merc drivers and the decision was in favor of the Merc drivers.

Both LH and VB stuck their nose somewhere where they could not fit and accidents resulted. 

There is no way that at Monza the jury decided in favor of LH over SV. SV was completely at fault and the issue was that they only called it a racing incident instead of giving SV a drive through for causing an incident. 

As for MV, same deal, I don't see how you can see that he didn't cause that. He moved right to block, then a big sweep back to the left to block (two moves in defense not one) and collided with Bottas. The SKY commenters even said, I wonder if MV will change his tune about the incident once he sees the replay.

and having just finished watching the race, MV, as the petulant child that he is, refused to steer down the access road and left his car on the grid in protest of his five second penalty.  

I'm no max fan if you can't tell but I thought he had turned a page in the last few races but today he was back to the same old.

7 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

Err no. The video footage showed quite clearly that LH gave the required Car width of space, (after, all the contact did not occur till after the apex of the first part of the chicane)and MV did not hence the non penalty and the penalty. I tend to agree with most of the pundits that SV was somewhat at fault in the LH incident. The notion that the stewards would favor anyone, let alone Mercedes in Monza of all places is a little bit Silly. I think once the red mists subside both MV and SV will realise their mistakes.

Great race with lots of cars running close for long periods. Shows what can be done if they take all the downforce off the cars.  (And have more tracks like monza)

Clearly in both cases the Mercs were there, and Vettel and Verstappen were in the wrong.  I agree with the no penalty for Vettel.  If there had not been a safety car then he would have been royally screwed for his comeback.