Sign in to follow this  

41 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

I was hoping DR would get the Ferrari drive. Le Clarc will be fine but Dan would have push Vettel to be better CLC won't.  

I liked to watch when SV would complain about the Red Bull being unable to be driven and DR would have a good performance, adjusting to the car and making the most of it.  This is why I say that SV isn't as good a driver as some make him out to be, if the car isn't perfect, his performance drops.  Kimi is out driving him him in the last bunch of races.

1 hour ago, Movable Ballast said:

I was hoping DR would get the Ferrari drive. Le Clarc will be fine but Dan would have push Vettel to be better CLC won't.  

How come he didn't get a shot at it?  He certainly has way more seat time in this platform than Leclerc?  Maybe Dan wanted more salary than Charles?

58 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

How come he didn't get a shot at it?  He certainly has way more seat time in this platform than Leclerc?  Maybe Dan wanted more salary than Charles?

Just a guess, But I think Vettel veto'd it didn't want to compete against DR. CLC will not challenge Seb.

Just now, Movable Ballast said:

Just a guess, But I think Vettel veto'd it didn't want to compete against DR. CLC will not challenge Seb.

They were co-drivers at Red Bull, weren't they?  Didn't get on too well with each other?

1 hour ago, billy backstay said:

They were co-drivers at Red Bull, weren't they?  Didn't get on too well with each other?

yes, correct. Vettel said the car was in-drivable and DR drove the wheels off it.  

Lately I've been wishing leclerc was replacing vettel not kimi. 

well done to merc for their 5th consecutive wcc. 

Agree....the scurderia dropped it by hitching the wagon to SV.  I think LeClerc can grow into it with that equipment.  The best thing for Ferrari may be Leclerc getting faster than SV in a hurry.