Sign in to follow this  
Bus Driver

Favorite Holiday Song?

It isn't Christmas without Johnny.  I don't for a minute believe in God but I believe in Johnny.  Voice of an angel right there.

On 12/19/2017 at 3:41 AM, Dog said:

One of my faves. Sarah McLachlan does a fine version of it on her Christmas album, along with some other excellent songs.

Though not exclusively a holiday song, here’s my favorite. I would love to have been one of the random crowd who wasn’t in on it. A beautiful suprise.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MidPack said:

Though not exclusively a holiday song, here’s my favorite. I would love to have been one of the random crowd who wasn’t in on it. A beautiful suprise.

IIRC the 1st time I saw this was when Point Break posted it and I would have also loved to have been in that crowd. Such a great moment in time and music.

I would appreciate christmas music if it was limited to Christmas Eve and day.  Am so over it already.   And kudos for Dog posting that Joni clip - a bittersweet moment in my life when that came out.

6 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

IIRC the 1st time I saw this was when Point Break posted it and I would have also loved to have been in that crowd. Such a great moment in time and music.

I would appreciate christmas music if it was limited to Christmas Eve and day.  Am so over it already.   And kudos for Dog posting that Joni clip - a bittersweet moment in my life when that came out.

One of my old bosses used to date her. I grew up in the same town - Saskatoon. I know all about the River. It goes all the way to Hudson Bay. I followed Joni west.

14 hours ago, MidPack said:

It’s amazing to me.....written by Schiller in 1785 and then incorporated into his 9th symphony by Beethoven in 1824.....almost 200 hundred years ago. It still brings people to their feet in joy at the pure beauty of the music. Stunning when you pause to consider.

On 12/22/2017 at 4:04 PM, chinabald said:

How have I not seen this before. This is great. 

It really is. And I'm pretty sure it was put together by a bunch of high school media students.