• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
tane

Mike Peyton

yes, immortal cartoons...

eight bells & thank you for the many, many hearty laughs, MP! before we started sailing on salt water for the first time you prepared us for what we landlubbers had to expect. bon voyage!

And he was as nice and wise and kind in the person as in the cartoons. I only met him once but he had the knack of making you feel like old friends. 

The man lived to 90.

Somewhere in the middle in 4 years he:

He fought Rommel in the North African desert where he was involved in a bayonet charge

Escaped from German Prison Camp Stalag 8, 

Joined the Russian army

Marched into Berlin where he re-joined his old regiment.

Well lived, Sir.

34 minutes ago, captain_crunch said:

greeting-card-in-front-of-the-fleet-by-mike-peyton.jpg

I sold my last boat after I saw that one - it hit way too close to home. :D

I'm just about caught up on the house so I'm boat shopping again.

On 12/22/2017 at 2:06 PM, tane said:

MP's cartoons accompanied our evolution from austrian "dry-sailors" to cosmopolites, from raw newbies to bluewater "old hands"

Peyton_kraut_1975.jpg

I have a copy of that book at home.  An absolute classic!

Gave this, framed, to my then GF for one of her teenage birthdays. I was crewing a mirror dinghy for her at the time.

images.jpeg.a71a3d3187889d6fdb24ef21a2c39c56.jpeg

Just passed 29 years married to the same woman.

Not saying there's a connection