Sign in to follow this  
Bus Driver

Fuck the Elderly and Infirm

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Make your fucking mind up then.  Is being in the military "sucking off the gov't tit" or not?   You make it sound like you and you alone were the only one who worked hard and put in long days.  That's BS and you know it.  Every benefit a military member uses was promised them as a condition of service.  College benefits, health care, etc were promised up front.  Regardless of the reasons for joining, those benefits were part of the package.  That is NOT sucking off the gov't tit.  Unlike you, the majority of the people in the military who joined put their life on the line or knew it could be a high risk of going into combat in exchange for those benefits.  At least they did something to earn them.  Unlike the sponges who actually do suck off the gov't tit just for existing and did nothing in return to earn it.  

YOU, sir, are a disgrace to the uniform for saying that a service member is sucking off the go'vt tit for using college benefits or the other entitlements they were promised as a condition of serving.  There is ZERO shame in using what you worked for and what you were promised.  Seriously, please go fuck yourself.  

Hahahahahahahaha.  :lol:  

Coming from a common heartless mercenary working for oil money that's good.  Took all of that expensive training from the US  and is now available to the highest bidder, he goes where the money is.  He is just sucking off of another government's tit.  He doesn't care as long as the payment is prompt.  There is always another boat to buy, you know.

JB, the amoral suck cuck.

Stay out of the desert, you obviously got some sand in your panties.

3 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Um..did you mean to use purple?

You've spent your life investing and are now claiming that to which you are entitled..You're taking nothing.

Sometimes I wonder whether americans have a really really warped sense of self worth..or if your just being sarcastic.

No, I am a taker now.  I feel embarrassed to get the disability pay. Sure, the Army fucked me up and it pretty much limited my work and leisure options in life, and probably my life expectancy as a result, but it still feels odd to get money from the government for it.  I really wanted to stay in until retirement.  But I need a place to live and food, so I take it.  It's not like I'm getting rich.  As far as Social Security, I paid in for more almost 45 years.  I get 70% of my full benefit for getting it 4 1/2 years early but if I live long enough, I'll end up a net taker, getting more out than I paid in.  I have a few health issues so it's debatable if I'll get to that point.

I got paid for working for the government for 20 years between the Army and civil service.  I paid US taxes on that money for those years, so in effect I guess I am getting some of my money back this way. 

People like JB get retirement pay from the military then they use their government training and go work for a company overseas and their first $100,000 in income is exempt from US income tax.  Sweet deal.  Now that's a real taker!  

Before you and Jeffie start the fur flying and end up sulking in your respective corners, I'd like to point out that there will always be someone to question the morality of anyone who voluntarily joins the services when their country is not directly under attack or going to the aid of a vulnerable populace..and thats bloody subjective too.

Peace.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

No, I am a taker now.  I feel embarrassed to get the disability pay. Sure, the Army fucked me up and it pretty much limited my work and leisure options in life, and probably my life expectancy as a result, but it still feels odd to get money from the government for it.  I really wanted to stay in until retirement.  But I need a place to live and food, so I take it.  It's not like I'm getting rich.  As far as Social Security, I paid in for more almost 45 years.  I get 70% of my full benefit for getting it 4 1/2 years early but if I live long enough, I'll end up a net taker, getting more out than I paid in.  I have a few health issues so it's debatable if I'll get to that point.

I got paid for working for the government for 20 years between the Army and civil service.  I paid US taxes on that money for those years, so in effect I guess I am getting some of my money back this way. 

People like JB get retirement pay from the military then they use their government training and go work for a company overseas and their first $100,000 in income is exempt from US income tax.  Sweet deal.  Now that's a real taker!  

Like I said..Americans seem to have a weird lack of self value...or the opposite. nothing in between..no just being..no simple acceptance of differences..I'll never understand it.

If I work in a job that fucks my body and mind and forces early retirement..too right..I bloody well have earned it for as long as my aching joints and damaged tissue keep me living.

Bah!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, warbird said:
7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I don't know - I'm retired, too young to collect SS, and I'm paying my own freight, too.

AND I actually have some empathy for other human beings that I didn't directly spawn, which must make a commie libtard.

Empathy? Empathy is a "feeling" That is fuxking rich BJ, you have fucking feelings, nice. It takes "empathy" and $1 to buy a cup of hot coffee for a cold homeless guy. Nice, you got half of it. Let me shake your hand halfway (or not). Come home, sell the boat, ring a Salvation Army bell around the Red Kettle at Walmart. You are a 'tard with or without lib 

Boy SOMEONE gets testy when it's pointed out what a selfish prick he is.

I pay my taxes without whining (unlike you), and I am OK with social programs that help people out (unlike you). Because you clearly don't give fuck one about anyone but yourself or your immediate family, it you come off like a totally callous prick. Maybe you aren't, but it sure is how you talk. Own it, it's the Republican/Trump ethos in 2017. Fuck the poor, they deserve what they get, right? Come on, you know you believe it, just own it.

I won't give a nickel of my money or a second of my time to a discriminatory religious group like the Salvation Army. There are way worthier causes out there than those hypocrites.

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Nice “taker” rant..

Its not "taking" if you earned it and were promised it from the beginning.

11 hours ago, warbird said:

You did not pay for them alone, we all pay  Thru state, fed, and local taxes. Fuel, license, permits. Dont go all dick head  here. I was involved in distribution delivery 10 years ago. Why do you accuse ME of being a taker? I am retired. I am to young to collect SS. I am paying my own freight. So I must be an evil R .

Ah good. Now we're getting somewhere finally, now that you've turned off the bonehead-rightie parrot.

"We all pay" and that's relatively fair because we all use it, and we all benefit. Now, who benefits more? I get convenience, you get both convenience and profit....... and for your profit, you need a MUCH more expensive road capable of carrying heavier loads. So basically, I (and all other private car drivers) pay for a lot more road than I need. Is the share you pay proportional to your benefit? I'm suggesting that it's not, for several reasons.

When you take more benefit than you pay for............................ guess...........

-DSK

7 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I'd like to point out that there will always be someone to question the morality of anyone who voluntarily joins the services when their country is not directly under attack or going to the aid of a vulnerable populace..and thats bloody subjective too.

Do you also wait until your house is on fire before you buy insurance?

7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I won't give a nickel of my money or a second of my time to a discriminatory religious group like the Salvation Army. There are way worthier causes out there than those hypocrites.

???

First time I've ever heard anything like that. Do they discriminate against sober people or something?

Care to elaborate?

55 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

It was a broad comment.

54 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

???

First time I've ever heard anything like that. Do they discriminate against sober people or something?

Care to elaborate?

My Daughter has the same issue..she claims they discriminate against rainbow's....that's sad.

Dunno about the USA, but the Salvo's have always had their detractors here, claims that they collect from drunks down the pub (when they are vulnerable) but won't help them etc.

I'm too old for such niceties these days..they're not my favourite but where would the inner city homeless be without the Salvo's? 

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

???

Care to elaborate?

They have a LONG and documented history of discriminating against LGBT folks, non-Christians, atheists etc. in terms of employment and policy. In spite of accepting Federal funds. They also worked very closely with the GW Bush Administration to gain special privilege and exemptions to allow them to continue their discriminatory practices.

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/19/nyregion/salvation-army-settles-lawsuit-on-religious-discrimination.html?_r=0

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/zinnia-jones/the-salvation-armys-histo_b_4422938.html

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/12/salvation-army-anti-gay-christian-church-not-worthy-support/

https://www.advocate.com/religion/2017/12/08/salvation-army-we-meet-human-need-without-discrimination

https://www.atheistrev.com/2016/11/why-i-don-donate-to-salvation-army.html

38 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

My Daughter has the same issue..she claims they discriminate against rainbow's....that's sad.

Dunno about the USA, but the Salvo's have always had their detractors here, claims that they collect from drunks down the pub (when they are vulnerable) but won't help them etc.

I'm too old for such niceties these days..they're not my favourite but where would the inner city homeless be without the Salvo's? 

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/view-from-the-street/why-i-wont-be-supporting-the-salvation-army-this-christmas-20161207-gt5ohs.html

10 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Thank's, that's probably what my girl was talking about.

Like I said, they are not my first choice..they were pretty instrumental in having safe injecting rooms in the city canned back in the Howard years too..Howard appointed one of their guys to head a committee and he got what he paid for. 

However, when you work in an area with the homeless growing at an alarming rate, you take whatever you can get resource wise...I don't Donate to them..and their Opp shops are a tad expensive :)

6 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Thank's, that's probably what my girl was talking about.

Like I said, they are not my first choice..they were pretty instrumental in having safe injecting rooms in the city canned back in the Howard years too..Howard appointed one of their guys to head a committee and he got what he paid for. 

However, when you work in an area with the homeless growing at an alarming rate, you take whatever you can get resource wise...I don't Donate to them..and their Opp shops are a tad expensive :)

It's all relative - the Opp Shops are still way cheaper than going to your local Westfield. One of the best places to buy actual physical books in Oz, which tend to be insanely expensive, even in used stores.

You guys have more Opp Shops than the US does though. There are a few like the Salvos, but not nearly the number. My high school did a HUGE amount of fundraising with a second hand clothing store someone had the genius idea to start on campus. Something to be said for a place where the city's blue-bloods donated their barely used castoffs and you could pick them up cheap. It went from a couple of rooms in an unused building, it's now a full on resale shop with a dedicated building.

Resale-Shop-1-992x634.jpg

8 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Its not "taking" if you earned it and were promised it from the beginning.

so you are arguing that your definition of "earning it" and "were promised it" are the only ones acceptable.another day, another princess jeff "If only everyone in the world were just like me" snowflake rant.

resale shops have been evolving pretty quickly in the states - one of the big dynamics that started ~10 years ago and grew real quick in the great recession and has stayed kinda constant was customers would scan them for arbitrage opportunity (early on reselling books on amazon.com was popular). nowadays many rich can't be bothered to give their stuff away

1 minute ago, B.J. Porter said:

It's all relative - the Opp Shops are still way cheaper than going to your local Westfield. One of the best places to buy actual physical books in Oz, which tend to be insanely expensive, even in used stores.

You guys have more Opp Shops than the US does though. There are a few like the Salvos, but not nearly the number. My high school did a HUGE amount of fundraising with a second hand clothing store someone had the genius idea to start on campus. Something to be said for a place where the city's blue-bloods donated their barely used castoffs and you could pick them up cheap. It went from a couple of rooms in an unused building, it's now a full on resale shop with a dedicated building.

Resale-Shop-1-992x634.jpg

I'll give you a tip for your Daughters for high end opp shopping in Oz.

Don't go to those who have central distribution or their outlets in blue chip suburbs..in fact don't go to any opp shops in blue chip suburbs.

Reason?? the ladies in these area's are not as generous with their barely worn Jimmy Choo's as you may think. 

They will take them to "expensive" for profit recycle shops and sell their stuff on commission.

Go to the locally run Opp shops..where the donations are sold at the place they are donated..this usually means the smaller charities like the MS or the cat protection society...or the local church.

In suburbs next door to the posh ones..women who live here are wealthy..but they also work and dont have time to mess around getting a few bucks for their second hand clothes.

Also..look for clothing that's had the designer labels cut out.. some donors cut them out to prevent second hand dealers (who know the opp shops best days) picking up the cream and on selling.

My daughter and I can walk out of an Opp shop with two bags of "brand" clothing and shoes for $40 :)

15 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

so you are arguing that your definition of "earning it" and "were promised it" are the only ones acceptable.another day, another princess jeff "If only everyone in the world were just like me" snowflake rant.

resale shops have been evolving pretty quickly in the states - one of the big dynamics that started ~10 years ago and grew real quick in the great recession and has stayed kinda constant was customers would scan them for arbitrage opportunity (early on reselling books on amazon.com was popular). nowadays many rich can't be bothered to give their stuff away

I haven't spent significant time in the states in the last five years, so I could easily miss that.

When we left, 2nd hand consignment shops were all the rage for a lot of high-end clothing to be had for a lot less. We got rid of some of our stuff through them when we were de-crapifying to go sailing.

6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I haven't spent significant time in the states in the last five years, so I could easily miss that.

When we left, 2nd hand consignment shops were all the rage for a lot of high-end clothing to be had for a lot less. We got rid of some of our stuff through them when we were de-crapifying to go sailing.

there's also regional variations; I haven't spent lots of time in the east in a bit.

Goodwill (us nationwide pseudo-charity chain) has started to move the valuable stuff to their website for auction - so you'll find high quality items like a Larrivee guitar  https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/47276308 but they'll reach a much larger market and you'll pay much more ($400+ atm, there are other stringed instruments that have brought >$1k). Still amazing the stuff people donate

2 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

I'll give you a tip for your Daughters for high end opp shopping in Oz.

Don't go to those who have central distribution or their outlets in blue chip suburbs..in fact don't go to any opp shops in blue chip suburbs.

Reason?? the ladies in these area's are not as generous with their barely worn Jimmy Choo's as you may think. 

They will take them to "expensive" for profit recycle shops and sell their stuff on commission.

Go to the locally run Opp shops..where the donations are sold at the place they are donated..this usually means the smaller charities like the MS or the cat protection society...or the local church.

In suburbs next door to the posh ones..women who live here are wealthy..but they also work and dont have time to mess around getting a few bucks for their second hand clothes.

Also..look for clothing that's had the designer labels cut out.. some donors cut them out to prevent second hand dealers (who know the opp shops best days) picking up the cream and on selling.

My daughter and I can walk out of an Opp shop with two bags of "brand" clothing and shoes for $40 :)

Good to know. We noticed a difference in pricing on a few things in different shops, too. My wife likes puzzles, but you'd have to be daft to drop $30+ for a new one when you can get them in an Op Shop for a buck or two, tops. You never know if they're missing a piece, after all. But the Salvos store in Labrador next to a huge outlet complex was asking $6 for theirs. Books were similarly a bit more - $4-5 each instead of the usual buck or two. Not backbreaking prices compared to bust-out retail for new, but we figured that particular shop must be serving a wildly different demographic than the one in downtown Southport.

For anyone curious about how one does a 1,000 piece puzzle on a boat without pissing everyone of by hogging the only table for days, I found one of these for my wife. It's pretty cool as you can fold the whole puzzle up and put it away in seconds without losing your work. And this one fits in our chart locker, so it literally can be completely disappeared.

My wife says it works WAY better than one of those roll-up puzzle felts that end up separating half the pieces every time you put it away.

61fhFypQQQL._SL1500_.jpg

7 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Ah good. Now we're getting somewhere finally, now that you've turned off the bonehead-rightie parrot.

"We all pay" and that's relatively fair because we all use it, and we all benefit. Now, who benefits more? I get convenience, you get both convenience and profit....... and for your profit, you need a MUCH more expensive road capable of carrying heavier loads. So basically, I (and all other private car drivers) pay for a lot more road than I need. Is the share you pay proportional to your benefit? I'm suggesting that it's not, for several reasons.

When you take more benefit than you pay for............................ guess...........

-DSK

Do you eat? Does your car use gasoline? Those things do not magicly appear at the grocer or gas station.

2 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

They most certainly do help the drunks.

Not a huge fan of them myself but they're one of the better providors. They run a block of apartments here in Hobart where most of the tenants are on assisted living due to being ex-prisoners, street people trying to get their act together or just plain unlucky and pushed to the fringes. The place has strict rules but that's to protect the amenity of the tenants in general.

I know a lot about this because another of my woman friends was a concierge there for 2 years. She was quite popular despite taking no shit & being known to call the cops at the first sign of trouble. She believed in the tough love approach with a hell of a lot of compassion for those not trying to be arseholes.

FKT

17 minutes ago, warbird said:

Do you eat? Does your car use gasoline? Those things do not magicly appear at the grocer or gas station.

So in other words everybody sharing the cost is just great when otherwise you would bear an inordinate cost but otherwise? Fuckem' - they can pay their own way.

8 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

They most certainly do help the drunks.

Not a huge fan of them myself but they're one of the better providors. They run a block of apartments here in Hobart where most of the tenants are on assisted living due to being ex-prisoners, street people trying to get their act together or just plain unlucky and pushed to the fringes. The place has strict rules but that's to protect the amenity of the tenants in general.

I know a lot about this because another of my woman friends was a concierge there for 2 years. She was quite popular despite taking no shit & being known to call the cops at the first sign of trouble. She believed in the tough love approach with a hell of a lot of compassion for those not trying to be arseholes.

FKT

I think the "not helping drunks" thing was an old story from the rural town AA brigade. :D

19 minutes ago, warbird said:

Do you suddenly believe that subsidies are good for the economy?

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

So in other words everybody sharing the cost is just great when otherwise you would bear an inordinate cost but otherwise? Fuckem' - they can pay their own way.

So you are jist a sour old fick with a stick up,your ass. Hint, best if you dont sit down. Most of the US is supplied by trucks. The factories that make the goods in your home, your car and fuel, oil and replacement part for it, household supplies like soap and toothpaste. Building supplies and hardware....on and on. But you are special kind of fuckhead that gets in his car and drive to nowhere on your own little gravel road, have fun. The rest of us like to find meat and vegetable and flour in on place, not scattered across the state at the producer. You really amd truly do not know how utter stupid you come off as..

1 minute ago, warbird said:

So you are jist a sour old fick with a stick up,your ass. Hint, best if you dont sit down. Most of the US is supplied by trucks. The factories that make the goods in your home, your car and fuel, oil and replacement part for it, household supplies like soap and toothpaste. Building supplies and hardware....on and on. But you are special kind of fuckhead that gets in his car and drive to nowhere on your own little gravel road, have fun. The rest of us like to find meat and vegetable and flour in on place, not scattered across the state at the producer. You really amd truly do not know how utter stupid you come off as..

And you don't think the cost of that truck transport is included in what you pay for a bar of soap?

4 minutes ago, warbird said:

:lol: YOU calling someone - ANYONE - stupid.

Fucking hilarious.

You really are the most incredibly obtuse and selfish person on this entire site. You make JerKZ look like a member of MENSA.

P.S. How could anyone be sour when they have your regular drivel posts to keep them amused? There are only a handful of top stand ups who can make me laugh as predictably as you do.

7 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

And you don't think the cost of that truck transport is included in what you pay for a bar of soap?

Sloop seems to think we are better off without heavy trucks.....

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

:lol: YOU calling someone - ANYONE - stupid.

Fucking hilarious.

You really are the most incredibly obtuse and selfish person on this entire site. You make JerKZ look like a member of MENSA.

P.S. How could anyone be sour when they have your regular drivel posts to keep them amused? There are only a handful of top stand ups who can make me laugh as predictably as you do.

You want amusement, read your own posts........no wait, don't

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Do you suddenly believe that subsidies are good for the economy?

Subsidy???????

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Do you not understand this concept? Perhaps we've reached the core of the warbird logic failure. Or not.

Explain subsidy in the context of the state highway and federal interstate system so that I am clear on the meaning of your question. Thank you for your polite and promt response.

5 minutes ago, warbird said:

Explain subsidy in the context of the state highway and federal interstate system so that I am clear on the meaning of your question. Thank you for your polite and promt response.

It's an implicit subsidy to the interstate trucking industry for freight movement. Compare it to the railway industry who must raise the capital for their ways, maintenance, and rolling stock.

jesus fucking christ - the US took over the railways in WW2, beat the rolling stock to shit, then heavily subsidized the highways in the 50s till today. Can't you fucking see the hand of government in this?

31 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

It's an implicit subsidy to the interstate trucking industry for freight movement. Compare it to the railway industry who must raise the capital for their ways, maintenance, and rolling stock.

jesus fucking christ - the US took over the railways in WW2, beat the rolling stock to shit, then heavily subsidized the highways in the 50s till today. Can't you fucking see the hand of government in this?

Minnows could not swim in the shallow pond of your intellect. Is this something you parrot from the union hall? You heard this on PBS (PBR?)? MOST Every business in the US uses shipping of some form or another. Groceries to flowers to industrial to mail. You cant have airmail if the package doesnt arrive at the airport. It's getting there bia pony express? Get your head out of your ass! All business uses the circuit that is the higgway system, trucks are just the electrons.

Jib, don't waste your time - you nailed it in post 334.

I’m amazed at his utter lack of understanding of govt subsidies and industrial policy. A rail system would be Yugley! more efficient than the subsidies given to long distance trucking...

On 12/28/2017 at 12:00 PM, Rockdog said:

Then your parents are stuck lying in their own shit ...as far as you know.  Priorities.

i was just a kid and helped with things like urinals.  One of my grandfathers died in my bed room on thanksgiving night.  He was soooo weak he could barely speak.   Sat at the dinner table.  He seemed very very happy to be there. Could not eat a thing.  

As Moderate likes to point out, it’s all about the money.  Right?

9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:
16 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

I'd like to point out that there will always be someone to question the morality of anyone who voluntarily joins the services when their country is not directly under attack or going to the aid of a vulnerable populace..and thats bloody subjective too.

Yeah, no shit!  I don't think meli understands that you don't just send someone into battle or into a humanitarian relief effort within a week of joining the service.  It literally takes YEARS before most front line troops are ready to go into combat given the highly technical nature of today's modern military.  Long gone (mostly) are the days when you could hand someone a rifle and expect to send them to the front lines 6 weeks after entering boot camp.  

49 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yeah, no shit!  I don't think meli understands that you don't just send someone into battle or into a humanitarian relief effort within a week of joining the service.  It literally takes YEARS before most front line troops are ready to go into combat given the highly technical nature of today's modern military.  Long gone (mostly) are the days when you could hand someone a rifle and expect to send them to the front lines 6 weeks after entering boot camp.  

I said it was a broad statement. Of course you have a ready trained army and reservists. My point was there will always be those who question those that willingly go to places like Iraq or other conflicts of dubious merit.

Of course they will say they go where they are told to go..sometimes they go as mercenaries or after they've done their obligatory tours.

(PS I worked for the Australian Dept of Defence for 3 years) 

On 12/29/2017 at 7:00 AM, Rockdog said:

Then your parents are stuck lying in their own shit ...as far as you know.  Priorities.

i was just a kid and helped with things like urinals.  One of my grandfathers died in my bed room on thanksgiving night.  He was soooo weak he could barely speak.   Sat at the dinner table.  He seemed very very happy to be there. Could not eat a thing.  

Bet your mother did the caring.

That's the way it was back then. Women stayed home (when did they stop firing married or pregnant women again?)and cared for the elderly. Unfortunately most need two wages coming in these days and women fortunately have a right to work.

Heh..I'm pretty sure that my brother thinks I should be looking after my mother at home being single and all:rolleyes:

17 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Heh..I'm pretty sure that my brother thinks I should be looking after my mother at home being single and all:rolleyes:

Maybe if he was paying your bills?  Or your Mom was....

21 hours ago, Raz'r said:

I’m amazed at his utter lack of understanding of govt subsidies and industrial policy. A rail system would be Yugley! more efficient than the subsidies given to long distance trucking...

A rail system is unworkable in the US given people like country life, suburban life and city life. Towns used to be built around rail stops until residents left for more open space. So, now the train stops somewhere, hows the cargo delivered? Rail is a utopian idea that does not work to replace trucking.

2 hours ago, warbird said:

A rail system is unworkable in the US given people like country life, suburban life and city life. Towns used to be built around rail stops until residents left for more open space. So, now the train stops somewhere, hows the cargo delivered? Rail is a utopian idea that does not work to replace trucking.

Uh, the cargo is delivered by truck.  Just like it’s done from container ships.  

It’s a flexible system.

Trucks make that possible- it’s constantly morphing.

4 hours ago, warbird said:

Long haul trucks shouldn’t be on the same roads as autos. Let them pay for their own freight.

Jeebus, isn't there like a 1000 interstate commerce threads by Tom that this trucking shit could go in???

3 hours ago, Amati said:

Uh, the cargo is delivered by truck.  Just like it’s done from container ships.  

It’s a flexible system.

Trucks make that possible- it’s constantly morphing.

Razr and sloopBM hate trucks. Trains should go from ship to consumer with no middle man 'cept maube the pony express..

1 hour ago, warbird said:

Razr and sloopBM hate trucks. Trains should go from ship to consumer with no middle man 'cept maube the pony express..

Do you just enjoy making up your own little world or is that really all your mind can comprehend?

4 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Jeebus, isn't there like a 1000 interstate commerce threads by Tom that this trucking shit could go in???

There are two that I know about: this one and that one.

I'm going to guess that the truckers would prefer to be in the one with hookers over the one with cute, fuzzy critters.

4 hours ago, warbird said:

Warbird sucked on the govt subsidy tit. But he got his, so fuck everyone else.

4 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Warbird sucked on the govt subsidy tit. But he got his, so fuck everyone else.

What "subsidy"  tit did I suck on????

On 12/31/2017 at 12:50 AM, Shortforbob said:

That's the way it was back then. Women stayed home (when did they stop firing married or pregnant women again?)

That’s one tempting way to avoid all those annoying safety regulations for pregnant women, plus all those missed days for morning sickness.   I cannot understand the hobby lobby anti birth control logic.   Pregnant employees are expensive.  Then they want reduced hours and expect to shed the parts of their jobs they don’t like.   When will American Republicans return to the good old days?

8 minutes ago, Lark said:

That’s one tempting way to avoid all those annoying safety regulations for pregnant women, plus all those missed days for morning sickness.   I cannot understand the hobby lobby anti birth control logic.   Pregnant employees are expensive.  Then they want reduced hours and expect to shed the parts of their jobs they don’t like.   When will American Republicans return to the good old days?

IIRC Hobby Lobby did not object to any contraceptives. It is a fine line Librul media and hence ALL libruls don't understand while frothing and glaring through glazed angry eyes. Hobby Lobby objected to including Post Conception pregnancy termination drugs being mandated into tjeir Insurance Policy

28 minutes ago, warbird said:

IIRC Hobby Lobby did not object to any contraceptives. It is a fine line Librul media and hence ALL libruls don't understand while frothing and glaring through glazed angry eyes. Hobby Lobby objected to including Post Conception pregnancy termination drugs being mandated into tjeir Insurance Policy

Hobby lobby opposes anti implantation preventing medicines and also IUDs

It would be a far smarter business decision for them to encourage all birth control.   Pregnant women miss work.  They are a liability quagmire.   Then they produce a conflicting responsibility that hinders the work performance of two working age adults.   Conferences, sports, school plays, sick kids, there are a thousand missed work days even after the pregnancy.   Mothers of average income caring for a passel of kids don’t waste money on hobby lobby fu fu.  They don’t spend their time making elaborate decorative montages.   They spend both on essentials.   The Hobby Lobby clientele is empty nesters.   Small family size would help their bottom line in multiple ways.  

As far as legal issues go, I am ambivalent about forcing an employer to cover things he doesn’t agree with.   If the owner was a Christian Scientist would he have the right to have a prayer only insurance policy?   Would a seventh Day Adventist or Jehovah’s Witness have the right to deny transfusions and serum products if he so wished?    Could a business refuse to cover basic vaccinations?   The answer must be yes.   The obvious liberal solution is to eliminate the WW II era connection between workplace and health care, and make health care either a national benefit, like advanced countries, or an individual burden like the good old days.   Government employees aren’t more special than other Americans.  As soon as Congressmen and Senators need to pay for their own insurance and it will become a national benefit.   A pro small business conservative would come to the same conclusion since the current system discriminates against them.   

25 minutes ago, warbird said:

It is none of fucking Hobby (Holier then Thou) Lobby to tell their employees what benefits they are willing and not willing to pay for.  Health care is a private matter, your employer has no right to that information other than certain exceptions such as airline pilots.  

What's next, refusing to pay for smoker's health care,  or fat people's (the majority of Americans) people's health care?  It has nothing to do with religion, it has everything to do with the righteous religious right to interfere in places where they have no business interfering.  Fuck them.  They should at least have the guts to come out from hiding behind their bible and just admit they want to force everyone to their narrow views.  Welcome to Christian Sharia Law.

11 minutes ago, Lark said:

It would be a far smarter business decision for them to encourage birth control.   Pregnant women miss work.  They are a liability quagmire.   Then they produce a conflicting responsibility that hinders the work performance of working age two adults.   PTA, sports, school plays, sick kids, there are a thousand missed work days even after the pregnancy.   Mothers of average income caring for a passel of kids don’t waste money on hobby lobby fu fu.  They don’t spend their time making elaborate decorative montages.   They spend both on essentials.   The Hobby Lobby clientele is empty nesters.   Small family size would help their bottom line in multiple ways.  

As far as legal issues go, I am ambivalent about forcing an employer to cover things he doesn’t agree with.   If the owner was a Christian Scientist would he have the right to have a prayer only insurance policy?   Would a seventh Day Adventist or Jehovah’s Witness have the right to deny transfusions and serum productsif he so wished?   It seems the answer must be yes.   The obvious liberal solution is to eliminate the WW II era connection between workplace and health care, and make health care either a national benefit, like advanced countries, or an individual burden like the good old days.   Government employees aren’t more special than other Americans.  As soon as Congressmen and Senators need to pay for their own insurance and it will become a national benefit.   A pro small business conservative would come to the same conclusion since the current system discriminates against them.   

Congress is covered by the same system anybody that works for the government is.  It is called the Federal Employees Health Benefit Plan. Is is neither gold plated not free to any government employee including Congress.

That myth just won't die.

11 minutes ago, Lark said:

Hobby lobby opposes anti implantation preventing medicines and also IUDs

It would be a far smarter business decision for them to encourage all birth control.   Pregnant women miss work.  They are a liability quagmire.   Then they produce a conflicting responsibility that hinders the work performance of two working age adults.   Conferences, sports, school plays, sick kids, there are a thousand missed work days even after the pregnancy.   Mothers of average income caring for a passel of kids don’t waste money on hobby lobby fu fu.  They don’t spend their time making elaborate decorative montages.   They spend both on essentials.   The Hobby Lobby clientele is empty nesters.   Small family size would help their bottom line in multiple ways.  

As far as legal issues go, I am ambivalent about forcing an employer to cover things he doesn’t agree with.   If the owner was a Christian Scientist would he have the right to have a prayer only insurance policy?   Would a seventh Day Adventist or Jehovah’s Witness have the right to deny transfusions and serum products if he so wished?    Could a business refuse to cover basic vaccinations?   The answer must be yes.   The obvious liberal solution is to eliminate the WW II era connection between workplace and health care, and make health care either a national benefit, like advanced countries, or an individual burden like the good old days.   Government employees aren’t more special than other Americans.  As soon as Congressmen and Senators need to pay for their own insurance and it will become a national benefit.   A pro small business conservative would come to the same conclusion since the current system discriminates against them.   

You should buy hobby lobby and run it your way. The SCOTUS case was post conception pregnancy termination drugs. Does Hobby Lobby have a problem hiring on their terms?

3 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

It is none of fucking Hobby (Holier then Thou) Lobby to tell their employees what benefits they are willing and not willing to pay for.  Health care is a private matter, your employer has no right to that information other than certain exceptions such as airline pilots.  

What's next, refusing to pay for smoker's health care,  or fat people's (the majority of Americans) people's health care?  It has nothing to do with religion, it has everything to do with the righteous religious right to interfere in places where they have no business interfering.  Fuck them.  They should at least have the guts to come out from hiding behind their bible and just admit they want to force everyone to their narrow views.  Welcome to Christian Sharia Law.

Employees are free to choose whether or not to,accept terms of employment. Hobby Lobby chooses not to pay for abortion inducing drugs. The em0loyees are free to purchase them on,their own.

14 minutes ago, warbird said:

Employees are free to choose whether or not to,accept terms of employment. Hobby Lobby chooses not to pay for abortion inducing drugs. The em0loyees are free to purchase them on,their own.

And my analogy to Christian Scientists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, or Seventh Day Adventists?   How about people that just don’t believe in vaccine science.   Don’t they have equal rights to deny coverage they don’t agree with?    You corrected me on precisely what hobby lobby won’t pay for.   I’ll correct you on emergency contraception vs abortion of an implanted fetus in return.  http://www.arhp.org/Publications-and-Resources/Clinical-Proceedings/EC/MOA  

http://ec.princeton.edu/questions/ecwork.html

edited for accuracy.

18 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

Congress is covered by the same system anybody that works for the government is.  It is called the Federal Employees Health Benefit Plan. Is is neither gold plated not free to any government employee including Congress.

That myth just won't die.

Its a sweetheart gold plated deal compared to individual insurance.   

20 minutes ago, warbird said:

You are to put it politely, fucking wrong.

You don't have to work for slave wages and ill treatment, you are free to starve to death. Your choice asshole.  No, calling you an asshole is an insult to assholes everywhere.  Why don't you go somewhere and choke to death on your smug self righteousness, you scumbag, ignorant, sorry motherfucking, dick head.  Better yet, set yourself on fire so I can walk by and not even piss on you to extinguish the flames.  

13 minutes ago, Lark said:

Its a sweetheart gold plated deal compared to individual insurance.   

And what's your fucking point, do you want to keep moving the goal post?  It is he same health insurance that hundreds of thousands of Federal employees get.  If you are so jealous, go work in civil service. 

Christ, the ignorance is strong in this 1st day of the new year.  Not good.

25 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

And what's your fucking point, do you want to keep moving the goal post?  It is he same health insurance that hundreds of thousands of Federal employees get.  If you are so jealous, go work in civil service. 

Christ, the ignorance is strong in this 1st day of the new year.  Not good.

You are ignorant and out of date in this case.   One mistake of Obamacare is it actually made Congressmen pay a little more for health insurance than they were used to.   They now get a subsidy on the affordable care market that I pay full price for,  they used to get gold plated government insurance.   This is the real reason so many want to kill the ACA.       I shouldn’t have to work for the government to get affordable healthcare.  If elected representatives that survive five years in their Gerrymandered districts didn’t have a lifetime guarantee they would never face the health care needs of their constituents there would be working healthcare in America.  https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/25/heres-how-much-members-of-congress-pay-for-their-health-insurance.html

2 minutes ago, Lark said:

You are ignorant and out of date in this case.   One mistake of Obamacare is it actually made Congressmen pay a little more for health insurance than they were used to.   They now get a subsidy on the affordable,care market that I pay full price for,  they used to get gold plated government insurance.   This is the real reason so many want to kill the ACA.       I shouldn’t have to work for the government to get affordable healthcare.  If elected representatives that survive five years in t heir Gerrymandered districts didn’t have a lifetime guarantee they would never face the health care needs of their constituents there would be working healthcare in America.  https://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/25/heres-how-much-members-of-congress-pay-for-their-health-insurance.html

I am not ignorant and out of date.  I see nothing new in the article you cited.  That is exactly how much my portion of the premium was 10 years ago, the last time I had health insurance under the FEHBP.  I paid about $360.00 every pay period (every two weeks) for family coverage.  It is hardly gold plated coverage.  I was overseas so there were limited plans available compared to what's available in the US.  

Health care is what doctors and hospitals provide.  Health insurance is what you have to pay for your health care (if you are lucky).  The only way to counter the Right's insidious use of propaganda, is to refuse to use their Orwellian terms for various things.

I will say one more time, for all of those that think that Congress and Federal workers get 'gold plated' HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS, you are free to go work for the government.  Life is all about choices.  One caveat, you won't get rich, the highest paid civil servant still gets paid less than $208,000 a year.  There is an adjustment called Locality Pay for high cost of living areas that may make the amount higher but that is absorbed by the higher cost of living in those areas.  Otherwise Federal workers in Indiana would do far better than the same person, working the same job in Washington DC.

Just now, soak_ed said:

I am not ignorant and out of date.  I see nothing new in the article you cited.  That is exactly how much my portion of the premium was 10 years ago, the last time I had health insurance under the FEHBP.  I paid about $360.00 every pay period (every two weeks) for family coverage.  It is hardly gold plated coverage.  I was overseas so there were limited plans available compared to what's available in the US.  

Health care is what doctors and hospitals provide.  Health insurance is what you have to pay for your health care (if you are lucky).  The only way to counter the Right's insidious use of propaganda, is to refuse to use their Orwellian terms for various things.

I will say one more time, for all of those that think that Congress and Federal workers get 'gold plated' HEALTH INSURANCE PLANS, you are free to go work for the government.  Life is all about choices.  One caveat, you won't get rich, the highest paid civil servant still gets paid less than $208,000 a year.  There is an adjustment called Locality Pay for high cost of living areas that may make the amount higher but that is absorbed by the higher cost of living in those areas.  Otherwise Federal workers in Indiana would do far better than the same person, working the same job in Washington DC.

I was imprecise in affordable health care vs health care.   I stand by the rest of my statement,    You sound like my union benefits uncle complaining about his $20 copay.   You forget the other benefit of government work.    Hours worked.    Even if government types lost their fantastic health care the jobs would still be desirable for those that can deal with mind numbing rules.    Pay is adequate, and they allow a transfer of military seniority so you can collect your military pension while having  benefits, job security and pay grade as if you were working a civillan government job all along.   A friend in the federal alphabet was downsized from the Air Force during the peace dividend (great severance package) and after suffering tech jobs layoffs he became the youngest, newest and still one of the most senior guys in his government department with vacation days a Frenchman would respect.   $208000 isn’t shabby in the real world ignoring the weeks of vacation and health care.   Only 2 percent of private sector employees can do better.  To show he conservative side of my bipolar personality, government is funded to allow the rest of us to benefit, not created so the rest of us can provide easy living for government workers by enduring long work weeks, few benefits and perpetually at risk jobs.   This isn’t Spain,

4 minutes ago, Lark said:

I was imprecise in affordable health care vs health care.   I stand by the rest of my statement,    You sound like my union benefits uncle complaining about his $20 copay.   You forget the other benefit of government work.    Hours worked.    Even if government types lost their fantastic health care the jobs would still be desirable for those that can deal with mind numbing rules.    Pay is adequate, and they allow a transfer of military seniority so you can collect your military pension while having  benefits, job security and pay grade as if you were working a civillan government job all along.   A friend in the federal alphabet was downsized from the Air Force during the peace dividend (great severance package) and after suffering tech jobs layoffs he became the youngest, newest and still one of the most senior guys in his government department with vacation days a Frenchman would respect.   $208000 isn’t shabby in the real world ignoring the weeks of vacation and health care.   Only 2 percent of private sector employees can do better.  To show he conservative side of my bipolar personality, government is funded to allow the rest of us to benefit, not created so the rest of us can provide easy living for government workers by enduring long work weeks, few benefits and perpetually at risk jobs.   This isn’t Spain,

Dude, I want to like you I really do but you are making it difficult.  Where to begin.

I am not complaining about anything, you are.

I worked civil service for 10 years.  i served in the military on active duty for 8 years, plus 2 years of Reserve time.  You are a little confused about transitioning from military service to civil service.  First of all, justifiably so, there is something called active Federal service.  Because whether on active duty or in civil service, you are working for the same government it isn't unreasonable to expect some carry over between the 2. It is akin to a civilian worker changing to a different subsidiary of a large corporation.  

You can collect your military pension and work any job you like government or civilian. You have the option, if you didn't retire from the military, to 'buy into'  the civil service retirement plan if you want to get credit for the active duty years, but it isn't cheap and you have to pay all of up front, so it is rare.  So the military time is otherwise of no use for pension purposes.  Vacation time maxes out at 8 hours of accrual per pay period no matter how long you have been in Federal service or what kind.  Military folks get 30 days a year from day one, no more, no matter how long you serve.  Your friend was blowing smoke up your ass, and if you think I am wrong, have him call me.  He sounds like the type of civil service employee that gives the rest of us a bad name.  Oh well, that's on him.  Fortunately thy are in the minority and they don't get a lot of respect, no matter their job title.

Now lets address the biggest canard in your post.  The 'easy living' part,  I don't know where your buddy worked but after 20 years of government service, from both sides, I have seen a lot.  Did I know highly paid civil service workers that were sham artists and sat on their ass playing solitaire all day?  Sure, I worked with one senior level worker that was so incompetent that his main job was printing (not creating) PowerPoint slides and organizing the occasional hot dog luncheon sales to raise money for holiday parties and such.  I spent the remainder of my working life in various jobs and have run across similar oxygen thieves everywhere, they aren't exclusive to the government.  I worked at the US Army Europe HQ in Germany during the buildup and execution of the wars in IRAQ and Afghanistan, Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom (OIF and OEF).  During the approximate year and a half of planning and well into the combat and peacekeeping phases, we worked balls to the wall.  Believe it or not, even though those wars were costing about 1 billion dollars a week, the government hates to pay overtime.  So nobody made any extra money during those 60 hour weeks, just the vague promise of 'comp time', which was rarely taken.

Being employed by the government is no guarantee of job security.  There have been draw downs where people have lost their jobs or if senior enough, offered a choice to move, not always possible if they had established themselves with children in school and spousal employment etc.

You should be careful about insulting government employees, many of whom could make more money for similar skills in the civilian world.  And that especially applies to my last point.

The $207,000 annual pay is for the Senior Executive Service or SES.  These folks are the top people.  Less than 3% of the civil service reach this highly selective rank and that pay rate is for the top of the ladder, so we are talking a fraction of a percent of the entire civilian workforce.  My best boss in Germany entered the SES when he returned to the US. He is, hands down expert in the field of military logistics.  He is currently the Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition Policy and Logistics for the entire Army.  He was one of the youngest individuals ever to enter the SES.  Other than a big fancy E-Ring office in the Pentagon, he gets paid less than $200,00 a year, and he could easily make double that in the civilian world with his talents.  He, like many others, does it because he is a true believer.

And finally, one more time, if working for the government is so easy and so financially rewarding, then buy all means, go for it.  It's your choice.

As far as your bi-polar personality I would recommend you talk to a psychologist or psychiatrist, they can help you.

Can we still be friends?

4 hours ago, soak_ed said:

You are to put it politely, fucking wrong.

You don't have to work for slave wages and ill treatment, you are free to starve to death. Your choice asshole.  No, calling you an asshole is an insult to assholes everywhere.  Why don't you go somewhere and choke to death on your smug self righteousness, you scumbag, ignorant, sorry motherfucking, dick head.  Better yet, set yourself on fire so I can walk by and not even piss on you to extinguish the flames.  

So you are well versed in hobby lobby, their payscale, available unfilled positions. 

2 hours ago, soak_ed said:

He, like many others, does it because he is a true believer.

lLike many things worth doing, the reward doesn’t reflect the importance of the job.  I get that, and recognize the most exceptional in government get the same compensation as the mediocre.   I think I came across as disrespecting all in government.  I don’t,  Benefits are exceptionally good by self employed standards,.    

Your cavalier dismissal of something that could literally cost me my life or ability to work is infuriating.  I realize it was always a perk in your careers, and suspect perspective is key.   I haven’t gone to the doctor for a couple years, because my representative is ok with eliminating protection for any hypothetical undiscovered  preexisting condition of mine.  He will be safe either way.    His party might succeed.  I have almost affordable insurance with less than half the deductible of the ACA, as long as I don’t use it.   They dropped everybody than allowed me to rejoin this year.    A friend’s daughter with a different Blue Cross policy and a claim wasn’t so lucky.   Unless you know otherwise, I assume it’s because I make them money and expensive people weren’t given the invitation to come back.   Will I lose my insurance when I’m old enough to get a covered colonoscopy?  

Can we still be friends?   life is too short to make enemies.   Stop over, I’ll give you a break from the vodka and piwo.  The local parlor has a good chicken and bacon pizza.   They are Evangelicals so I’ll have to grab a scotch and soda elsewhere.    Seriously, it’s the Internet.   I’m not worried about anything except the paint fumes from my workshop bathroom making me ramble.  

35 minutes ago, Lark said:

Actually I'll be in the Conneaut OH, Erie, PA area for most of May and June.   You anywhere near there?

48 minutes ago, soak_ed said:

Actually I'll be in the Conneaut OH, Erie, PA area for most of May and June.   You anywhere near there?

4 hours, but it is by Lake Erie.   Road trip time,  I’ll ‘study’ my Polish..   :)   

8 hours ago, warbird said:

What "subsidy"  tit did I suck on????

Trucks don’t pay near the cost of keeping the roads in shape. All those Fed gas taxes? Subsidies for truckers.

4 minutes ago, Lark said:

4 hours, but it is by Lake Erie.   Road trip time,  I’ll ‘study’ my Polish..   :)   

I probably have drunk a few liters of Żiwiec.  Maybe.  It is probably the largest brewery in Poland.  Pretty typical Polish girl in the video.  They produce some fine women here.  The beer is OK.

43 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Trucks don’t pay near the cost of keeping the roads in shape. All those Fed gas taxes? Subsidies for truckers.

No, the beneficiaries of quality transport(everybody) share some of the burden. Do trucks pay their share in a pure sense? I dont know and dont really care. They pay roughly five time the fuel tax. More than 20 times the licensing. They carry roughly 5 times the weight per tire.

28 minutes ago, warbird said:

No, the beneficiaries of quality transport(everybody) share some of the burden. Do trucks pay their share in a pure sense? I dont know and dont really care. They pay roughly five time the fuel tax. More than 20 times the licensing. They carry roughly 5 times the weight per tire.

OK...a semi has 18 tires. That's 4.5 x the number of tires. At 5x the weight, that means a single semi is putting 22.5 times the weight on the roads as a typical car.

And how many miles does a typical truck run in a year?

32 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

OK...a semi has 18 tires. That's 4.5 x the number of tires. At 5x the weight, that means a single semi is putting 22.5 times the weight on the roads as a typical car.

Older stats but they're probably not terrible.  https://www.truckinfo.net/trucking/stats.htm

140 billion miles / 2 million tractors means 70K miles / year on average for the fleet.

According to: http://bouletfreightmanagement.com/facts.htm

Most long-haul, over-the-road truck drivers average from 100,000 to 110,000 miles per year. 

The average class 8 unit (vehicles weighing over 33,001 lbs.) travels more than 43,000 miles per year, the equivalent of driving nearly two times around the world.  

So the answer is somewhere between 43K and 70K and accounts for over a trillion dollars in revenue, depending on how you count and who's statistics you believe.

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

A 76000lb semi with 18 wheels puts approx 4200lb per tire. That is approx 4-5 times the weight of an auto.

1 hour ago, cmilliken said:

Older stats but they're probably not terrible.  https://www.truckinfo.net/trucking/stats.htm

140 billion miles / 2 million tractors means 70K miles / year on average for the fleet.

According to: http://bouletfreightmanagement.com/facts.htm

Most long-haul, over-the-road truck drivers average from 100,000 to 110,000 miles per year. 

The average class 8 unit (vehicles weighing over 33,001 lbs.) travels more than 43,000 miles per year, the equivalent of driving nearly two times around the world.  

So the answer is somewhere between 43K and 70K and accounts for over a trillion dollars in revenue, depending on how you count and who's statistics you believe.

And they get roughly 6 mpg burning heavily taxed fuel. Do the math...and pay 20 times the license fee.

2 minutes ago, warbird said:

A 76000lb semi with 18 wheels puts approx 4200lb per tire. That is approx 4-5 times the weight of an auto.

An average iceberg is 10 million tonnes, if it has 2400 tires, it puts the same amount of weight per tire. Except for height and load restrictions, we should be able to move icebergs by road. 

20 hours ago, warbird said:

Warbirds become quite the socialist. What a taker. 

Then, he doubles down by misunderstanding how a static weight difference implies damage, and miles driven. Here’s a handy chart. Avg truck causes 430x damage as the average car.

https://streets.mn/2016/07/07/chart-of-the-day-vehicle-weight-vs-road-damage-levels/

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

Then, he doubles down by misunderstanding how a static weight difference implies damage, and miles driven. Here’s a handy chart. Avg truck causes 430x damage as the average car.

https://streets.mn/2016/07/07/chart-of-the-day-vehicle-weight-vs-road-damage-levels/

Don't confuse him with facts.

2 hours ago, Raz'r said:

See post 375. I REALLY don 't care. Every person in the US relies on truck transport for some or most neccessities of life. I do understand the static v dynamic. Our whole commercial infrastructure is built on truck hauling finished good, raw materials, produce, food, dry goods. Taxes pay the freight so to speak for that system. Libruls cost the US a ton of $, should we tax them dofferently?

1 minute ago, warbird said:

See post 375. I REALLY don 't care. Every person in the US relies on truck transport for some or most neccessities of life.

Socialist.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Socialist.

No, more of the "I got mine and I don't care who gets fucked!" stance.

7 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

No, more of the "I got mine and I don't care who gets fucked!" stance.

He’s got a good case of IGMSFU, but in this case, he also proves he’s a straight up socialist. At least, when it benefits him.