• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  

All I know for certain is Everybody will becat Wurstfest. This link will eventually update ... or not,  but here is the link to the 2017 event and there are lots of great photos!!! 

http://www.lcyc.net/wurstfestregatta.html

Lets have another best year ever for the best Fleet ever to welcome Texas Centerboard Sailors. 

• Like 1

Hello there. This is Julia from Lake Worth Sail Club. We would like to host a centerboard circuit for the 2018 year. Would the fleet be interested?

We are located on the northwest side of fort worth. We are a member-run club with a protected harbor, beach and ramp launch. We also allow camping.

I would like to suggest either a May or August date to the board. 

Please send feedback either on here or to my email at 80sailorgrl@gmail.com

Thanks, Julia

• Like 2

The 2018 Spring Fling Regatta at Conroe Yacht Club is scheduled for April 28th & 29th. If you haven't been to this regatta you're missing a good one. TCC, Sunfish and RS Aero Texas State Championships. Great food, lots of Shiner and great folks. See you there.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, lindy911 said:

The 2018 Spring Fling Regatta at Conroe Yacht Club is scheduled for April 28th & 29th. If you haven't been to this regatta you're missing a good one. TCC, Sunfish and RS Aero Texas State Championships. Great food, lots of Shiner and great folks. See you there.

Very cool, i'll put it on the EVO schedule.  I doubt the container will be in by we should still have five on the line.    Great place to camp.

We can fleet out those who want to, but I like the idea of "run what ya brung" too. The Aeros will obviously want to stay together as this is a pretty big regatta for them, Sunfish too. But I think the TCC fleet could outnumber all others by a bunch. But we need to get the word out. This year is going to be a major party. Plan on that!

WILL BE THERE! ESPECIALLY AT THE COOL ONES LIKE THIS, LOVE ME SOME CONROE!

• Like 1

Looks like Dist 15 Lasers want in on the fun. We're shooting for 50+ boats. Looking like 2 Shiner kegs might not be enough. Small boat event of the year? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, lindy911 said:

Looks like Dist 15 Lasers want in on the fun. We're shooting for 50+ boats. Looking like 2 Shiner kegs might not be enough. Small boat event of the year? 

well done man!  Show all the big yacht clubs how it should be done.  

OH NOW YOU FIND THIS, AFTER I BOUGHT AN FD! WAS LOOKING FOR A STAR OR AN ETCHELLS!

Okay,

It's official: Lasers are in for Spring Fling. We have decided to throw a party Friday night for any of you who want to act like your 19 again. Keg provided and we'll have a grill fired up for those who want to bring something to burn. This is shaping up to be the best Spring Fling yet.

TCC

Lasers

RS Aeros

Sunfish

Who will bring the most boats?

DCYC had a few small boats, "470s", in the 80's. There "big" regatta in the spring is a big boat affair. Check the results. No dingys.

6 minutes ago, Lifesave said:

DCYC had a few small boats, "470s", in the 80's. There "big" regatta in the spring is a big boat affair. Check the results. No dingys.

Well, Evo's will probably do it.     

DCYC is a fun place to sail small boats.  It's on an arm of Lake Lewisville that doesn't get too much motorboat traffic, which is great because the rest of Lake Lewisville  is about the most dangerous lake of which I am aware for people boating while drunk in boats that will do 80.  You don't get that where DCYC is.

I took a trip up there for the first time in about 30 years, and getting to the lake is now more difficult because of the explosive growth of Little Elm, but once you make the turnoff and get to the club, it's a really nicely appointed place.  The clubhouse has been replaced since my last visit and is very nice.  Don't know about regatta management, but it's really a nice facility. I am sure the club would enjoy whatever fleet or group attended. 

On 1/9/2018 at 7:31 PM, Claire1000 said:

Thoughts on going to Ft Worth? Close for us. 

Lake Worth Sail Club is in for September 8/9th for the sunfish circuit and Centerboard circuit as well. 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2017 at 1:03 PM, 80sailorgrl said:

Hello there. This is Julia from Lake Worth Sail Club. We would like to host a centerboard circuit for the 2018 year. Would the fleet be interested?

We are located on the northwest side of fort worth. We are a member-run club with a protected harbor, beach and ramp launch. We also allow camping.

I would like to suggest either a May or August date to the board. 

Please send feedback either on here or to my email at 80sailorgrl@gmail.com

Thanks, Julia

The date has been set for Sept 8/9. This will also be the sunfish circuit stop. 

• Downvote 1

16 hours ago, True North said:

DCYC is a fun place to sail small boats.  It's on an arm of Lake Lewisville that doesn't get too much motorboat traffic, which is great because the rest of Lake Lewisville  is about the most dangerous lake of which I am aware for people boating while drunk in boats that will do 80.  You don't get that where DCYC is.

I took a trip up there for the first time in about 30 years, and getting to the lake is now more difficult because of the explosive growth of Little Elm, but once you make the turnoff and get to the club, it's a really nicely appointed place.  The clubhouse has been replaced since my last visit and is very nice.  Don't know about regatta management, but it's really a nice facility. I am sure the club would enjoy whatever fleet or group attended. 

Probably one of if not the best yacht club camping venues around . It’s a drive to any hotels or bars so most everyone hangs out, which is something I really miss.

On that vein, Sailing’s decline has sort of followed the party decline.  The most successful regatta around are at events were off the water activity is strong (wurstfest for example).   Hmm, bring the party back...  save sailing?

Sushi, I totally agree.  It has been very difficult to get the "hard core" racist in GBCA to understand.  We need more socialization to get more racers, not the other way around.

Who you calling racist? Y'all know I'm all about the party, so am there! Hope to have my FD ready for April, with olympic class crew along.

The Spring Fling will host a Friday night party and supply a keg of Shiner. We will again have a keg for Saturday night after dinner and MUSIC under the hard roof. It's only a good stereo, but it'll make you want to move your stuff. If it's a party y'all want, it's a party y'all shall get. With the notorious Laser bunch coming, it should be interesting...

Good catch, Ortega!!  Autocorrect strikes again!!  I know you’re a RACER and not that abhorrent other “R” word....

Lindy, your regatta sounds like a blast!!  Should be a ton of fun!  Now if I can only wrest away control of the tune-age to ensure a good mix of The Gap Band, KC, Wild Cherry, and the like, that will make it even better!!  Ha ha!!  The Laser youth don’t let me near the noise maker, alas....