2 hours ago, lindy911 said:

No Evo yet so Aero it is. Big question is 7 or 9? We just did the Aero North Americans at Offatts Bayou in a lot of breeze. The 7 was the ticket as the 9 was overpowered for everyone sailing one and the handicap ding made it difficult to score well.  

Well as long as gou has fun, and it looked like a great weekend.  Great place to sail?    

I think (in my limited experience) Offats is one of the best places I've ever been. There is very little boat traffic there and it's open enough to get good breeze from the gulf but protected enough to keep wave action down. It's like lake sailing in salt water! The club was the biggest surprise and a well kept, but not intentional, secret. Dorm style rooms in a suite of four with twin common bathrooms and a large kitchen / living room. $30 a night. All 50 yards from your boat and the water. 

Wind on Offats can be and was very tricky and shifty but it did blow. Friday was upper teens gusting into the low to mid twenties, Saturday it backed a little to mid to upper teens and Sunday it was breeze on with mid twenties gusting at times to 30. Lots of boats upside-down and several rescues.  The waves were capping across 2/3 of the open water and getting pretty big by then. But it was a blast, literally.

34 minutes ago, lindy911 said:

I think (in my limited experience) Offats is one of the best places I've ever been. There is very little boat traffic there and it's open enough to get good breeze from the gulf but protected enough to keep wave action down. It's like lake sailing in salt water! The club was the biggest surprise and a well kept, but not intentional, secret. Dorm style rooms in a suite of four with twin common bathrooms and a large kitchen / living room. $30 a night. All 50 yards from your boat and the water. 

Wind on Offats can be and was very tricky and shifty but it did blow. Friday was upper teens gusting into the low to mid twenties, Saturday it backed a little to mid to upper teens and Sunday it was breeze on with mid twenties gusting at times to 30. Lots of boats upside-down and several rescues.  The waves were capping across 2/3 of the open water and getting pretty big by then. But it was a blast, literally.

I'll have to check it out.  

We have a great weekend sailing up at DCYC, an entire weekend without someone throwing popcorn at us.    But big breeze on Saturday, storms on Sunday.  I'll miss you guys Ft. Worth but should see ya down in Houston.   We're not sure if we'll be over with you guys sailing out of SSC or part of the HYC Leukemia Cup, that same weekend.  

Forgive me if I seem blunt, but are these popcorn posts meant to be funny or are you just trying to be a dick? 

1 hour ago, duwke said:

michael-jackson-eating-popcorn-gif-5-com

I can't stand when people chew with their mouths open. Must be a British thing, or maybe it is just good manners. 

I think you are in an interesting position with an Aero and (soon) Evo, both with passionate owner bases. Your selection of boat for common regattas is interesting to me. Not trying to be a dick.

My last response was just letting Tuna know the multihull popcorn guy is still watching.  Sorry, I'll keep those to myself from now on.

• Like 1

Ooooh kay, just remember this is sailing anarchy so normal rules don't apply.   

I know your watching.... waiting to rip that handicap scab off.  Hope to give you the chance, soon.

And fortunately anyone who's waiting for EVO vs AERO drama will be waiting for a while.  Both great boats, but extremely different.   I had a good chat with Mark in Conroe.   I think that guy is going to litter Texas with those boats,  and that's good for our sailing scene.  Meanwhile if things move forward on a few fronts i expect to see more Evo's appear.  Perhaps some nice size fleets but it'll never approach the Aero numbers ( i expect )  

With that said, i suspect the only reason Lindy is not bringing a cheater-Evo to Ft. Worth is that he hasent place the order yet. (and even if he did he would have it).   The tri(y)-crushing performance will have to wait.    But mind the frog

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duwke said:

I think you are in an interesting position with an Aero and (soon) Evo, both with passionate owner bases. Your selection of boat for common regattas is interesting to me. Not trying to be a dick.

My last response was just letting Tuna know the multihull popcorn guy is still watching.  Sorry, I'll keep those to myself from now on.

Okay, sometimes what's printed can be hard to interpret. Regarding Aero / EVO: both are very cool boats. Why don't you buy one or the other and come play with us boat-for-boat so we can throw the Portsmouth crap out. Mono e mono. I think you would make a really good addition to either fleet. I plan to sail both.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sushi said:

Ooooh kay, just remember this is sailing anarchy so normal rules don't apply.   

I know your watching.... waiting to rip that handicap scab off.  Hope to give you the chance, soon.

And fortunately anyone who's waiting for EVO vs AERO drama will be waiting for a while.  Both great boats, but extremely different.   I had a good chat with Mark in Conroe.   I think that guy is going to litter Texas with those boats,  and that's good for our sailing scene.  Meanwhile if things move forward on a few fronts i expect to see more Evo's appear.  Perhaps some nice size fleets but it'll never approach the Aero numbers ( i expect )  

With that said, i suspect the only reason Lindy is not bringing a cheater-Evo to Ft. Worth is that he hasent place the order yet. (and even if he did he would have it).   The tri(y)-crushing performance will have to wait.    But mind the frog

Just trying to pull some weeds in the flower garden, Sushi. With the 30 boats sold to Viridian in Dallas and the others around the state, Aero numbers in Texas are bigger than anywhere else in the US. And growing by the day. I think a trip up to Viridian so the "boss" can test drive your EVO might put that boat up there as the "premier class" sled. Those people know how to do it right. We're in the middle of designing a lighting system for the lake to make stadium style racing possible. Can you imagine; sailing at night under the lights? How cool would that be. Shot in the dark (no pun intended) but growing in probability.

Also, I sailed the Aero 9 last year at Rush Creek and tied the Frog for first.

30 minutes ago, lindy911 said:

Just trying to pull some weeds in the flower garden, Sushi. With the 30 boats sold to Viridian in Dallas and the others around the state, Aero numbers in Texas are bigger than anywhere else in the US. And growing by the day. I think a trip up to Viridian so the "boss" can test drive your EVO might put that boat up there as the "premier class" sled. Those people know how to do it right. We're in the middle of designing a lighting system for the lake to make stadium style racing possible. Can you imagine; sailing at night under the lights? How cool would that be. Shot in the dark (no pun intended) but growing in probability.

Also, I sailed the Aero 9 last year at Rush Creek and tied the Frog for first.

Errrr i dunno.  We were running about 17 knots down-wind in 20 last weekend in Dallas.  And in 10 we'll exceed wind speed down - how big is this pond?

• Like 1

On 1/12/2018 at 9:31 AM, 80sailorgrl said:

Lake Worth Sail Club is in for September 8/9th for the sunfish circuit and Centerboard circuit as well. 

Lindy -are you coming to the FWBC regatta?   The coach in the tv room is still available.  Just let me know.  

In the mean time, another Evo went down "South of the border" and back to Arizona. Some fellow sailors at the AYC will see it gliding in Lake Pleasant and who knows...

IMG_3104.JPG

imagejpeg.jpg

Texas Centerboard Circuit people!  Race this weekend at Fort Worth Boat Club.  The weather should be great.  Ellen still as few sleeping spots left.  We should have fun!  As of last night, 5 Portsmouth and 5 Sunfish.  

See you there!

Seabrook Sailing club this coming weekend. Registration is on Regatta Networks. Come join Harpoonette and I. See ya there Lindy!

FM