• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Sign in to follow this  
Bump-n-Grind

what are you listening to right now .... part quatre

Not many bands can cover the Beatles....   then again, Chris Stapleton is pretty d-mn amazing:   (the other 2 on the stage can please sit down).

4 hours ago, IrieMon said:

Not many bands can cover the Beatles....   then again, Chris Stapleton is pretty d-mn amazing:   (the other 2 on the stage can please sit down).

I dunno who that Flowers guy is, but he needs to get a job at a car dealership. Crow wasn't at her best, but...... Look who's on Bass...... Not everyone can get Leyland Sklar to get on stage these days....

I'm in a wistful mood. My pine grove got infected with beetles after the last hurricane, and the loggers come tomorrow....

System of a Down  , oblivion album.  Stumbled onto them 20 years ago, just jumping back in. Original, loud, smart, heavy. They sound like they enjoy singing and playing.  When I saw them the guitarist had a korg multi effect duct taped to the front of his guitar.  And had it working killerly  

Related:  there’s a producer named Sylvia massy who was big in that era and since. If you are into studio stuff including experimental techniques, check her out. 

Original Fleetwood Mac, with Peter Green,  Need Your Love So Bad. Do your ears and soul a favor. Look it up. Then play it for your girl. Thank me later.

Robben Ford once told me that there is a lot of music on just the white keys on a piano. On guitar, Peter Green is a wonderful example of the beauty of playing only a few, necessary notes. He had (has?) that rare talent of saying a lot with just a couple of perfect notes. 

In one of the outakes (on Pious Bird of Good Omen) for "Need Your Love So Bad" he can heard admonishing Fleetwood "Mick, don't push it so hard".  The temptation to overplay on a slow blues can be tough to resist.  

On 1/13/2018 at 1:23 PM, Cruisin Loser said:

Original Fleetwood Mac, with Peter Green,  Need Your Love So Bad. Do your ears and soul a favor. Look it up. Then play it for your girl. Thank me later.

Lovin' The Green Manalishi, Trippy stuff man.

Oleg. Ukrainian. He did plumbing work at my house last week and asked me to watch his video. Thought I’d post it here. He wrote it and performed in Lakewood, NJ. 

Oleg, the Ukrainian fisherman and melodica player, needs to cover War Pigs.... or perhaps Iron Man  ;) 

And thanks above for posting "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys"... that song has been going through my head for the past week+

The percentage you're paying is too high priced
While you're living beyond all your means
And the man in the suit has just bought a new car 
From the profit he's made on your dreams
But today you just read that the man was shot dead 
By a gun that didn't make any noise
But it wasn't the bullet that laid him to rest was 
The low spark of high-heeled boys