Bump-n-Grind

what are you listening to right now .... part quatre

1 hour ago, hobot said:

1977....holy crap.

Ha! Watching this here, Snaggy's dancing cat is right on the beat!

Caught one of Jet Black's last gigs. Amazing.

Saw them again last year with the permanent replacement. Still knocking it out the park. Always on the road.

Can't help it! I am just a tragic blues harp player, and these are just some of my heroes.....

Hope you enjoy, I just chill out playing up up river ....to the trees, birds ..and fish..?  And the bride!

Cheers,

Jim B)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JimL said:

Can't help it! I am just a tragic blues harp player, and these are just some of my heroes.....

Hope you enjoy, I just chill out playing up up river ....to the trees, birds ..and fish..?  And the bride!

Cheers,

Jim B)

25 minutes ago, Mid said:

There's a few of us about......all ya gotta do is add ...some rum...............!

Magic effort for Macca and more power to maintaining LIVE MUSIC SHOWS!!!!!

Cheers Jim ;)

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 12:51 PM, IrieMon said:

Can't say I have any Justin Timberlake on any of my Playslists..... but will be adding this one:

with Chris Stapleton, that's interesting.

can't say i have any JT in my collection but the guy is fucking talented.  I love his penchant for R&B and the Big Band.  I actually caught his SNL performance of Mirrors a few years ago and really the best televised musical performance that i can remember.  4 horns, 4 backup singers and about 10 7 musicians up on the riser...that right there is  a Big Band

Chessie - thanks for posting that All-Star jam..... but I have to say it was disheartening to see Taj Mahal having to stay seated.    Saw him at the Birchmere (near DC) in the early 90s... one man acoustical show and he tore the place up.   I swear there is not an instrument Taj has not mastered.    He has been around forever and influenced so many.... little trivia fact, Taj's "Take a Giant Step" was covered by the one and only Monkees.  

Went to a Romanian Food Festival last week and they had an awesome playlist going before the bands started.    Funk/rock/jazz fusion that I'm trying to track down (with little success of finding the actual tunes).     However, digging up older classics and discovering "new" ones.    Glad to see Candy Dulfer is still rocking the sax:

On 5/21/2018 at 11:52 AM, IrieMon said:

Chessie - thanks for posting that All-Star jam..... but I have to say it was disheartening to see Taj Mahal having to stay seated.    Saw him at the Birchmere (near DC) in the early 90s... one man acoustical show and he tore the place up.   I swear there is not an instrument Taj has not mastered.    He has been around forever and influenced so many.... little trivia fact, Taj's "Take a Giant Step" was covered by the one and only Monkees.  

I agree - and the Birchmere?  You near NoVa?  It's one of my favorite concert venues.  Saw Tommy Emmanuel perform there - and it was fabulous! 

Used to live in Naptown until a few months back.... when I saw Taj, I lived in Laurel.   Worked with some blues fans who were on first-name basis with Taj, Pinetop Perkins, Hubert Sumlin, James Cotton and many other Blind Pig artists.   Pinetop Perkins, at 70 yrs old, drunk me under the table after one of his shows.    I think that was the 8x10 in Charm City (details are still fuzzy) :wacko:.   He was a great guy....  miss him dearly.

Tommy Emmanuel must have been amazing !

There are a few bands which you rarely hear good covers of.... Beatles, Led Zep and Hendrix come to mind.   But this guy gets 3 out of 4 Snaggies for Hey Joe:

Spanish Moon - great call, always one of my favorite Feat tunes.     Nice find of Stromberg at the Capitol Theatre.... Youtube is filled with hidden nuggets from that venue.

Dug up some of my old CDs... just don't have the heart to trash them yet.   Fond memories of using this CD to test out reference systems....  play this with a 12" sub and it rattles the walls (in a good way) ;)

This one makes me laugh! Watch this kid livin' the dream!!

For some reason I was in an 80s mood this morn...  and didn't realize Aimee Mann has a successful folk career still going strong.