Bump-n-Grind

what are you listening to right now .... part quatre

Woof!!!

Thank you.  We haven't got a lot of time tonight but we'd like to do something from our last album

From this.....

To this.....

Another one that left too soon.

• Like 1

Just played one of my favorite cassettes from the 80s while fiddling around the shop. Great time for music, the late 80s were...

I haven't thought about this song in years. I remember it as kinda hot. Now it's just really weird. Great legs though!

some very very early tragically hip........ the camera man was no Cecile B DeMille, but its pretty awesome.

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

One of the greatest songs .....ever 

quick story. In 1993 I just started teaching about 1/2 hour north of Woodstock ny and I frequented open mic night and jams in the area. One night I was there with another guitar payer and we started doing The Weight and Robbie and his daughter Delphine jumped up and sang the song with us. I became friends with Delphine who now lives in L.A as a film composer and arranger. 

• Like 1

While completely over-played, I always enjoyed Don Henley ripping the music industry in his Hotel California lyrics.     Here is a tragic read on how an amazing guitarist known throughout the industry was chewed up and spit out:

http://jasobrecht.com/noel-redding-his-letter-about-the-jimi-hendrix-experience/#more-6335

And to keep this post on-topic... 

I always enjoyed Dave Clark's goofy drumming style

• Like 1

• Like 1

• Like 2

• Like 2

On a recent road trip with my wife, driving through the San Luis valley we picked a station out of the small town of Westcliffe just over the hill. They played classic country, it was fun to listen to. 

This has been stuck in my head since then.

• Like 1

This'll only take a minute, but classic!!!!  Filled into the end space of every 80's mix tape I ever made.

Wow, lot's of interesting listening for a Sunday in the rainy pnw.

This band does a good Neil song. They are known for their hit "Let Her Go" but they also play some covers of other artists. I thought Paul Simon's song "Diamonds on the soles of her Shoes" was not bad.

There are some Neil remixes that are are not bad either...the old dude continues to inspire a new generation.

Some songs are enduring for strange reasons. When I took my CPR and AED training, the tempo and depth of the compressions is important. Having a song go through your head while you are practicing is suggested. Bad part was the song they suggested was Stayin Alive,, by the Beegees, so now I have that song stuck in my head when I did cpr for real.

There are better songs to use I found out later but the damage has been done! Check here for listings, scroll part way down. I think ZZtop is too fast but there is Bon Jovi and Pink Floyd...https://www.nyp.org/cpr/

• Like 1

The Blind Boys of Alabama singing Amazing Grace to The House of The Rising Son

These guys have been performing since the 1040's and are still amazing. They started singing together at a school for the blind in Alabama

Edited by On The Hard
factual correction

• Like 2

• Like 2

• Like 2

On 10/1/2019 at 11:54 PM, weightless said:

Thanks... haven't heard his version of 8 Miles High in a long time...  He use to be a regular at the Main Point in Bryn Mawr, PA...