Sign in to follow this  
D.M.D.

For Sale: Used Empty YETI Cardboard Box

Recommended Posts

For sale - One empty, lightly used, YETI Cardboard box. $75. This box is wildly stronger and will store stuff unbelievably better than a regular old cardboard box. It is clearly marked YETI and is sure to impress your friends. After using a YETI Box, you will never go back to using a regular old Amazon box to store your junk in. Yeti sticker NOT included!

Notice in the picture how the lid flaps go ALL the way across the box, not just halfway like the flaps found on lesser quality boxes.

attachment.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, D.M.D. said:

For sale - One empty, lightly used, YETI Cardboard box. $75. This box is wildly stronger and will store stuff unbelievably better than a regular old cardboard box. It is clearly marked YETI and is sure to impress your friends. After using a YETI Box, you will never go back to using a regular old Amazon box to store your junk in. Yeti sticker NOT included!

Notice in the picture how the lid flaps go ALL the way across the box, not just halfway like the flaps found on lesser quality boxes.

attachment.jpg

You need a link to that otherwise nobody will believe you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who the hell actually buys a yeti? I've found two yeti can holders and a lunchbox sized yeti cooler on the side of the road up by the boat launch.

 $30+ per can holder, and I think the cooler went for nearly $100....

I just wait for the drunken fishermen to return from not catching fish, and see what's on the side..... The 6' Alligator did scare the shit out of me as I was retrieving the cooler, but I figured it was worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, D.M.D. said:

It's just a cynical joke.........................

Damn, and I had my credit card out.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know people who swear by them. People who need a cooler for up to several hours at a time. Meanwhile my $40 big ass cooler on wheels works just fine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, chinabald said:

I know people who swear by them. People who need a cooler for up to several hours at a time. Meanwhile my $40 big ass cooler on wheels works just fine. 

Why do you need to keep big asses cool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, chinabald said:

You ever smelled hot ass? 

Good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bmiller said:

Damn, and I had my credit card out.......

You would have lost, I had a cash offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my favorite Yeti product: 

Meet the LoadOut™ Bucket. Available in four different colors, this 5-gallon, injection-molded essential is 100% YETI tough and designed to exceed any need from the boat to the backyard. It's the only bucket that we trust to get the job done right each and every time we need it. The LoadOut Bucket holds its own. And pretty much anything else.ts own. And pretty much anything else.

L_Main_White_Expanded_F_Loadout.jpg

It's a regular old 5 gallon bucket, but has a Yeti logo and costs $40. 

I find the reviews on the Yeti site to be amusing. 

https://www.yeti.com/buckets/loadout-5-gallon-bucket/26010000010.html?country=US&currency=USD&CAWELAID=120329620000000929&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=43110935422&CATCI=pla-347986973414&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1afSBRD2ARIsAEvBsNn1z3MxIGejNcXpyxLkLM2YcYvuNchtSuLQUzjHHDEGLILloHAfXz4aAhTQEALw_wcB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, D.M.D. said:

For sale - One empty, lightly used, YETI Cardboard box. $75. This box is wildly stronger and will store stuff unbelievably better than a regular old cardboard box. It is clearly marked YETI and is sure to impress your friends. After using a YETI Box, you will never go back to using a regular old Amazon box to store your junk in. Yeti sticker NOT included!

Notice in the picture how the lid flaps go ALL the way across the box, not just halfway like the flaps found on lesser quality boxes.

attachment.jpg

Hay nOOb how about posting sum PIX of your wife or GF's Flaps to compair

4 hours ago, MisterMoon said:

This is my favorite Yeti product: 

Meet the LoadOut™ Bucket. Available in four different colors, this 5-gallon, injection-molded essential is 100% YETI tough and designed to exceed any need from the boat to the backyard. It's the only bucket that we trust to get the job done right each and every time we need it. The LoadOut Bucket holds its own. And pretty much anything else.ts own. And pretty much anything else.

L_Main_White_Expanded_F_Loadout.jpg

It's a regular old 5 gallon bucket, but has a Yeti logo and costs $40. 

I find the reviews on the Yeti site to be amusing. 

https://www.yeti.com/buckets/loadout-5-gallon-bucket/26010000010.html?country=US&currency=USD&CAWELAID=120329620000000929&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=43110935422&CATCI=pla-347986973414&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1afSBRD2ARIsAEvBsNn1z3MxIGejNcXpyxLkLM2YcYvuNchtSuLQUzjHHDEGLILloHAfXz4aAhTQEALw_wcB

 

How About

Fuckin Return of the YETI (when the Bucket is full after a long race)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MisterMoon said:

This is my favorite Yeti product: 

Meet the LoadOut™ Bucket. Available in four different colors, this 5-gallon, injection-molded essential is 100% YETI tough and designed to exceed any need from the boat to the backyard. It's the only bucket that we trust to get the job done right each and every time we need it. The LoadOut Bucket holds its own. And pretty much anything else.ts own. And pretty much anything else.

L_Main_White_Expanded_F_Loadout.jpg

It's a regular old 5 gallon bucket, but has a Yeti logo and costs $40. 

I find the reviews on the Yeti site to be amusing. 

https://www.yeti.com/buckets/loadout-5-gallon-bucket/26010000010.html?country=US&currency=USD&CAWELAID=120329620000000929&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=43110935422&CATCI=pla-347986973414&gclid=Cj0KCQiA1afSBRD2ARIsAEvBsNn1z3MxIGejNcXpyxLkLM2YcYvuNchtSuLQUzjHHDEGLILloHAfXz4aAhTQEALw_wcB

Ya but is the Yeti's Bucket Hole deep and wide or  still yet to be opened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do have a large Yeti cooler....besides being promised to be "bear proof" (I doubt I'll ever has occasion to test that).....it is a very good cooler. Whether the increased efficiency is worth the increased $$ probably depends on your planned use. If you need a cooler for tailgating or a day on the water....you don't need a Yeti. If you are interested in long term ice conservation, "prime" the cooler before loading, and don't plan to open the cooler frequently.....I was amazed at its performance. 

The buckets......bags....cups.....I have no experience with but I suspect they are "springboard" extras off a really good cooler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DA-WOODY said:

Hay nOOb how about posting sum PIX of your wife or GF's Flaps to compair

Hey woody, the guy has been here since 2007.

I would suggest you provide some tits as an apology but odds are they'd be big ol saggy floppers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't  know if Yeti was the original injection molded cooler but they do makea very good product. I bought an RTIC knock off and am pleased so far. Now there is several companies making really good coolers

Like anything else there's someone who knows all about it and I found his site when researching mine but can't find it now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bmiller said:

Hey woody, the guy has been here since 2007.

I would suggest you provide some tits as an apology but odds are they'd be big ol saggy floppers.

Any self proclaimed FLAP-OLOGIST  sighting the merits of FLAP-WIDTH

needs to post nOOb like PIX of their Wife or GF's FLAPS

 

none the less

 

Related image

 

Image result for world's most perfect breasts

 

and for anyone taking Piano lessons 

 Related image

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Point Break said:

I do have a large Yeti cooler....besides being promised to be "bear proof" (I doubt I'll ever has occasion to test that).....it is a very good cooler. Whether the increased efficiency is worth the increased $$ probably depends on your planned use. If you need a cooler for tailgating or a day on the water....you don't need a Yeti. If you are interested in long term ice conservation, "prime" the cooler before loading, and don't plan to open the cooler frequently.....I was amazed at its performance. 

The buckets......bags....cups.....I have no experience with but I suspect they are "springboard" extras off a really good cooler.

I have a cheap-ass blue and white Coleman plastic cooler with black bear tooth marks at both front corners of the lid and sides.  She never did get it open after chewing and banging it around a bit.  

I keep it to tell the story.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, view at the front said:

I have a cheap-ass blue and white Coleman plastic cooler with black bear tooth marks at both front corners of the lid and sides.  She never did get it open after chewing and banging it around a bit.  

I keep it to tell the story.

 

I have a cheap plastic trash can with locking handles to keep the lid on. It has bear tooth marks all over it but they never got in. Griz might have been able to do it though.

 

Woody you never disappoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a black bear with cooler marks all over her face...... I wonder if there's more than an internet forum connection here.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Fucking Raccoon would have its way with a YETI Twist off shear pinned hermetically sealed fuckin chill bin

those Fur Balls were playing with a plastic box

had there been ANY Food in it they would have RIPPED THE SHIT APART of it and MUNCHED OUT !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of admire the Yeti guys for turning a fricking ice-chest into  a lifestyle brand. Well played, sirs. All the way to the bank. 

Unless I was doing week long river rafting trips, I can't see any reason to own one. It kill me to see all these dudes tailgating with them just to keep their beer cold for a few hours. A styrofoam cooler would do just as well, even for those early September tailgate down in Tuscaloosa, Oxford, Athens, and Gainesville. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bmiller said:

Woody you never disappoint.

Related image

Image result for world's most perfect breasts

 

Related image

 

Image result for world's most perfect breasts

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Point Break said:

I do have a large Yeti cooler....besides being promised to be "bear proof" (I doubt I'll ever has occasion to test that).....it is a very good cooler. Whether the increased efficiency is worth the increased $$ probably depends on your planned use. If you need a cooler for tailgating or a day on the water....you don't need a Yeti. If you are interested in long term ice conservation, "prime" the cooler before loading, and don't plan to open the cooler frequently.....I was amazed at its performance. 

The buckets......bags....cups.....I have no experience with but I suspect they are "springboard" extras off a really good cooler.

Yup! They have a big Yeti on the Viking Grabs Jr. works on...runs around $1300...filled with ice at start of the 5 day tuna/swordy trips they do, and not opened til around day three or so to augment the fish box...seems to work very well...fortunately the beer box is fed by a dedicated icemaker so no problems there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Grabbler said:

Yup! They have a big Yeti on the Viking Grabs Jr. works on...runs around $1300...filled with ice at start of the 5 day tuna/swordy trips they do, and not opened til around day three or so to augment the fish box...seems to work very well...fortunately the beer box is fed by a dedicated icemaker so no problems there...

 

Good to know that Junior and crew have their priorities straight!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a stainless Yeti mug as a gift from my boss & a vendor at work. The thing is pretty good, plus it had $100 AND the sticker in it. I made some cider with rum, drank 1/2 of it and fell asleep the other night. When I woke up ~ 7 hours later it was still relatively warm. That was a good day at work. 

Still not sure if I'd spend $25 on a travel mug. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a Yeti on the powerboat and a knock off Yeti on the porch.  Both keep stuff colder a lot longer than my old Igloos and are a lot sturdier.  But admittedly more a want than a need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have a Yeti but would like one. I do 7 day trips to the boundary waters. my cooler is ok but not good enough LOL 

got a Yeti travel mug for Christmas, it is pretty nice.

I have heard good things about Rtic as well and for much less dollars

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I got one of these for Christmas, I must say I'm impressed with the performance. Not sure I would have parted with $25 for it, but as a gift it's quite good.

F32ED373-5C9D-4064-8EF6-C19928D84A78-8570-000005EB199C424C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2017 at 7:28 PM, D.M.D. said:

For sale - One empty, lightly used, YETI Cardboard box. $75. This box is wildly stronger and will store stuff unbelievably better than a regular old cardboard box. It is clearly marked YETI and is sure to impress your friends. After using a YETI Box, you will never go back to using a regular old Amazon box to store your junk in. Yeti sticker NOT included!

Notice in the picture how the lid flaps go ALL the way across the box, not just halfway like the flaps found on lesser quality boxes.

attachment.jpg

Isn't that like Chuck Norris' bodyguard???

completely redundant if you ask me.

If Yetis are as tough as they claim, why are double reinforced, full flap, corrugated protection systems required for shipping?  They should need nothing more than a strip of tissue paper that reads "Sanitized for your Protection" loosely draped across the opening.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys should try refrigerators out some time.  Just to warn you, they keep shit cold for a long ass time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hatin' life said:

You guys should try refrigerators out some time.  Just to warn you, they keep shit cold for a long ass time.

Where you live the cardboard box alone will keep shit cold for a long ass time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got a yeti 35, and an rtic 45 and 40 soft cooler. I cant' tell the difference between them. The yeti was a wedding gift, and serves just as well as the rtic. Here in Texas a good cool is mandatory 9 months out of the year! We also live out of the rtic and yeti cups, and a the hydroflasks go everywhere for water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 10:32 AM, IStream said:

Where you live the cardboard box alone will keep shit cold for a long ass time.

Dammit.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fat Point Jack said:

There is little worse than frozen beer.

No beer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HuronBouy said:

Image result for yetis images

This is a Yeti not sure how you get this in a box though 

 

 

2 hours ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

 

you see , right there, the reason you don't see one anymore,  they have no genitalia.. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we work for the factory honda team, mechs and such, 2 summers ago (June), in Baja, just above san felipe, we were set up for the Baja 500.

It was 121 at noon in the shade. 

The giant pelican cooler we had brought turned out to be a wise choice, it pretty much saved our lives, and the lives of a few other racers who stopped at our pit ,we were able to get their core temps down, i had packed it with block ice and  frozen water bottles and we kept soaking towels in it and wore those on our heads.

No way a regular cooler keeps ice for 12 hours in that shit...i measured 130f+ on the ground.

The honey bees were amazing too, trying to find moisture to cool off, hundreds of them on you at once....we lost 2 young racers that day from the heat.don't want to ever see those temps again, ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are Many Ways

in 70's I would freez 2 cases of BUD and place on bottom of large generic ice-chest & fill around w cubes to level

Then Frozen Gal jugs of water & Food

would go a week at river @ 115 +

I have a flaker ice machine (think 200lb snowcone box not used for long time)

I filled an ice-chest with what I wanted and packed it all in with flake ice = 100% packed

when the time came to open 2nd ice-chest 5 days into the desert heat

The Fucker was FROZEN SOLID = 1 Big Chunk of useless ICE/Food etc 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 7:21 AM, Coolerking said:

we work for the factory honda team, mechs and such, 2 summers ago (June), in Baja, just above san felipe, we were set up for the Baja 500.

It was 121 at noon in the shade. 

The giant pelican cooler we had brought turned out to be a wise choice, it pretty much saved our lives, and the lives of a few other racers who stopped at our pit ,we were able to get their core temps down, i had packed it with block ice and  frozen water bottles and we kept soaking towels in it and wore those on our heads.

No way a regular cooler keeps ice for 12 hours in that shit...i measured 130f+ on the ground.

The honey bees were amazing too, trying to find moisture to cool off, hundreds of them on you at once....we lost 2 young racers that day from the heat.don't want to ever see those temps again, ever.

The Pelican is the best one, the Yeti is a bit more of a poseur. They use an expensive single-mold for the Pelican, and very good poly foam. I've seen one in a Sportwagon, very nice cooler, seems worth the dough.

Unlike the Yeti, the Pelican is actually grizzly-resistant and a little cheaper too ...

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/gear/reviews/g1530/the-results-of-our-bear-proof-cooler-test-are-in/?slide=2

But yeah, tailgate ... a galvanized tub and an extra couple bags of ice is a better choice. A galvanized tub tempts with a brew from across the lawn or the asphalt, it calls to you, like a rescue copter, you set your sights on that IPA, and grab your payload. You find an opener, life is good. But a cooler with a lid tempts you like "I've got tasty beer!" and then you get there, open the lid, and it's just a bunch of Natty Light and juice boxes for the kids. You half-heartedly grab a piss water, and as you close the lid the cooler hisses "fuck you, drink your piss water." Your team doesn't cover the spread, you lose, you spend your wad on blow to cover the misery of the piss water, your bookie hits you in the knees with a tie-rod from a 1972 Chrysler Imperial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 7:44 AM, Slick470 said:

Don't forget to get a proper sticker for your non-Yeti coolers. You don't want to get confused by accident and end up with warm beer.  https://www.shiticoolers.com/

I've actually been pretty happy with my Igloo Marine cooler... 

That's some funny shit right there. I'm getting some and will somehow plaster them at Copper Mtn because Yeti is now a sponsor or partner or something at the mountain and those coolers are all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next up for your consideration is a small box my replacement KTM radiator came in.

Perfect companion to the larger Yeti box to store all those over priced specialized fasteners and whatnot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just went through trying to replace my Igloo marine wheeled cooler.  What a pain in the ass.  That thing was indestructible, worked great and was just the the right size to fit in the back of the jeep and has served us well for at least 10 + years of parties, lax tournaments, camping excursions, tailgates and regattas.  Had it out for a party and wifie thought it looked alittle long in the tooth so I got the green light to get another.  Well in the 10 + years since I bought it, the powers that be decided to make bigger ones, and smaller ones, but not the medium ones that said older coolers dimensions nailed perfectly.  (20 lb bag o ice, 2 cases o beer and if packed right perishables for a good weekend of camping)  Yetti has one, but no wheels and too much $$$.  Ended up searching high and low for at least a week and finally landed on a decent one with  basically the same dimensions (55 QT wheels on end) Coleman.  It lacks the coolness of the white marine one, but I think I got the last one on the planet...  Never underestimate the power of the big cooler.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this