Sign in to follow this  
Diamond Jim

Covers for backs of instruments

I've added and relocated the electronics on my main bulkhead and need to make the interior pretty again.

I know that building teak & plastic boxes is an option, but i remember molded plastic boxes for that purpose.  Who makes them?

I saw one the other day...fake bulkhead on the back of the cabin house to box in the instruments and cabling .

the bulkhead face was adapted as a flashlight rack ,  key storage and it was hinged to allow instrument access.

Simple , clean...pained white 

form and function,..looked OK

• Like 1

I have a message in to SSI for the backing cover. Unfortunately I can't find any distributers that have them. I will let you know how I make out. Looking for 2 here myself.

VM

Or for the budget look get a plastic mixing bowl and spray paint the inside face with Krylon in white.  Notch bottom for wires. 

Starting to think that the plastic bowl / cover with velcro is a wicked smaht alternative. 

why spend all that money?  ;<)

Gallon ice cream tub.

Cut inside of lid  slightly larger than instrument back and secure lid rim to bulkhead with a couple s/s screws

Then snap bowl onto the lid rim.

Can remove in 5 seconds.

And you get to eat the ice cream/ sorbet.

If you haven't already figured it, you can do Slow's technique with any suitable size of snap top plastic container.

I prefer a nice teak box myself - with Ish's Velcro fastened back on it for easy access.

(Although some people think Ish is a bit bulky for the purpose)