• Announcements

• Zapata

Abbreviated rules   07/28/2017

Underdawg did an excellent job of explaining the rules.  Here's the simplified version: Don't insinuate Pedo.  Warning and or timeout for a first offense.  PermaFlick for any subsequent offenses Don't out members.  See above for penalties.  Caveat:  if you have ever used your own real name or personal information here on the forums since, like, ever - it doesn't count and you are fair game. If you see spam posts, report it to the mods.  We do not hang out in every thread 24/7 If you see any of the above, report it to the mods by hitting the Report button in the offending post.   We do not take action for foul language, off-subject content, or abusive behavior unless it escalates to persistent stalking.  There may be times that we might warn someone or flick someone for something particularly egregious.  There is no standard, we will know it when we see it.  If you continually report things that do not fall into rules #1 or 2 above, you may very well get a timeout yourself for annoying the Mods with repeated whining.  Use your best judgement. Warnings, timeouts, suspensions and flicks are arbitrary and capricious.  Deal with it.  Welcome to anarchy.   If you are a newbie, there are unwritten rules to adhere to.  They will be explained to you soon enough.  
Hillary

I know this about Trump

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

Good stuff. Except for the "circular economy" part which just sounded a bit too tree hugging liberal to be accepted by both sides.   Just throw in some gratuitous dumping of paint into rivers and I think this could be accepted by both sides of the aisle.

It's true.

I'm doing a paper now on Compressed Air Energy Storage for stranded grids, my collaborator was like "how about this Hydrogen journal?" I go "I'm thinking actually of an oil and gas journal." As soon as I said it, he's like "yeah." It's truth, the only way you get anything done in this country is to throw paint in the river. Otherwise nobody with money will buy into it.

On 1/14/2018 at 10:52 AM, benwynn said:

Good stuff. Except for the "circular economy" part which just sounded a bit too tree hugging liberal to be accepted by both sides.   Just throw in some gratuitous dumping of paint into rivers and I think this could be accepted by both sides of the aisle.

On 1/14/2018 at 10:52 AM, benwynn said:

Always the Hater.

1 hour ago, Hillary said:

Always the Hater.

“With what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother: Let me pull the mote out of thine eye—and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye” (3 Nephi 14:2-5).

• Like 3

I agree

WASHINGTON—Shortly before his death in February 2016, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia spoke favorably of Donald Trump’s presidential run.

“Justice Scalia thought it was most refreshing to have a candidate who was pretty much unfiltered and utterly frank,” said the late jurist’s literary collaborator, Bryan Garner, a legal dictionary editor who spent two weeks in 2016 traveling with Justice Scalia through several Asian countries.

The justice thought well of Scott Walker, the Wisconsin governor whose campaign for the Republican nomination stalled, said Mr. Garner, whose memoir of a decadelong friendship, “Nino and Me,” comes out Tuesday. “But he was fascinated by the fact that Trump was so outspoken in an unfiltered way, and therefore we were seeing something a little more genuine than a candidate whose every utterance is airbrushed,” Mr. Garner said in an interview.

While Justice Scalia may have approved of many of Mr. Trump’s conservative judicial nominations, Mr. Garner declined to speculate on how he might have viewed other aspects of his presidency. 

2 minutes ago, Hillary said:

I agree

WASHINGTON—Shortly before his death in February 2016, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia spoke favorably of Donald Trump’s presidential run.

“Justice Scalia thought it was most refreshing to have a candidate who was pretty much unfiltered and utterly frank,” said the late jurist’s literary collaborator, Bryan Garner, a legal dictionary editor who spent two weeks in 2016 traveling with Justice Scalia through several Asian countries.

The justice thought well of Scott Walker, the Wisconsin governor whose campaign for the Republican nomination stalled, said Mr. Garner, whose memoir of a decadelong friendship, “Nino and Me,” comes out Tuesday. “But he was fascinated by the fact that Trump was so outspoken in an unfiltered way, and therefore we were seeing something a little more genuine than a candidate whose every utterance is airbrushed,” Mr. Garner said in an interview.

While Justice Scalia may have approved of many of Mr. Trump’s conservative judicial nominations, Mr. Garner declined to speculate on how he might have viewed other aspects of his presidency. 

Too bad, this one would have been a LuLu 

26239783_1190277624440537_28022896154157

3 minutes ago, Hillary said:

I agree

Reported in the media, therefore something you cannot believe @Hillary Jack. Try sticking to your stated principles for twenty-four hours at least before wandering off the reservation.

20 minutes ago, benwynn said:

“With what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother: Let me pull the mote out of thine eye—and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye” (3 Nephi 14:2-5).

Your idea of political discourse is belittling anyone who does not think like you. I thought the very soul of the Democratic party was supposed to be  inclusion and acceptance of differences.

More likely, you are the sole of the Democratic party.

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Too bad, this one would have been a LuLu 

You really have a Black Soul and no, that is not a racial compliment or comment. 

11 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Your idea of political discourse is belittling anyone who does not think like you.

Once again you are describing yourself. Well done Comrade Yakov

27 minutes ago, Hillary said:

You really have a Black Soul and no, that is not a racial compliment or comment. 

LOL, It's a reasonable proposition. This photo came from a Klan March in 1920's New York City when Trump's father was active in the Klan.

26239491_10210668263284496_1659228606444

41 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Do blacks have a White soul? Why bring colour into it and follow up by saying you are not being racist?

3 hours ago, Hillary said:

Always the Hater.

“With what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged; and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother: Let me pull the mote out of thine eye—and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye” (3 Nephi 14:2-5).

Your idea of political discourse is belittling anyone who does not think like you. I thought the very soul of the Democratic party was supposed to be  inclusion and acceptance of differences.

How is that belittling you? It is a scripture that directly addresses the substance of your comment. Hell, if you're not Mormon, it's completely irrelevant to you and you could ignore it.

Now what do you think the chances are of there being two gutless sock-puppet accounts in PA who think the Ridgeline is a good truck, think the F35 is a good investment, and happen to share the same Latter Day Saint faith? The post not only isn't belittliing you - the fact you think it relevant exposes you, @Hillary Jack :lol: 

The sole of the party eh? Wouldn't that just make him "The Democrat"

2 hours ago, Hillary said:

Would you consider yourself to be someone practicing inclusion and acceptance of differences?  Like inclusion and acceptance of Liberals for example?

Before responding, read those questions again with someone popping a paper bag just behind your head right when you get to the end of the 2nd one.  I want to see if I can break your psychosis even for just a second or so, giving you a momentary connection with reality. 

Cue crickets.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

How is that belittling you? It is a scripture that directly addresses the substance of your comment. Hell, if you're not Mormon, it's completely irrelevant to you and you could ignore it.

Now what do you think the chances are of there being two gutless sock-puppet accounts in PA who think the Ridgeline is a good truck, think the F35 is a good investment, and happen to share the same Latter Day Saint faith? The post not only isn't belittliing you - the fact you think it relevant exposes you, @Hillary Jack :lol: 

The sole of the party eh? Wouldn't that just make him "The Democrat"

I think he meant it as a joke.  In addition to the attempt at mind reading and telling me what party I belong to, he was trying to be funny. 

Actually, if I wanted a joke from him, I'd ask for a recommendation on a truck purchase. 

5 hours ago, Hillary said:

Always the Hater.

correct you fkg poodle, righty is hated, and it's simply a natural progression. reflect on that a while without trying to delude yourself by rationalizing it away.

On 1/14/2018 at 7:28 AM, mikewof said:

Fuck.me dead, this is interesting.

With fascinating stuff like this all around, why bother with politics?

Like sharks ... sharks have supposedly been on this planet longer than trees! They were actually swimming around the ocean doing their sweet ass shark things back before evolution created the tree. Damn, talk about a time-tested design, sweet smoking Mary ...

very interesting.

you'd think that'd be relatively clear to anyone with some type of design intuition. nature has perfected things like biomechanics for example, while we're just becoming proficient at it by being inspired by or copying natural designs. time tested.

2 hours ago, VhmSays said:

Do blacks have a White soul? Why bring colour into it and follow up by saying you are not being racist?

Because to a progressive the words Black and White are always about race. 

4 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

you'd think that'd be relatively clear to anyone with some type of design intuition. nature has perfected things like biomechanics for example, while we're just becoming proficient at it by being inspired by or copying natural designs. time tested.

Yeah, the but the really difficult part is isolating the part that does the heavy lifting for the task at hand.

For instance, we looked at birds for thousands and years and saw that they flapped their wings, so we made machine that flapped wings and they didn't fly. Then some real insight looked at the shape of the wings themselves, and the age of aviation fluid mechanics began.

We can look at the scales of a fish or a reptile, or the shape of a bird's beak, but it takes some real insight to isolate what is doing what.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

stop trying moron, you walk the low road.

No, I post reasoned thoughtful opinions that reflect my political beliefs. Those that respond only with taunts and insults walk the low road.  

No, I post reasoned thoughtful opinions that reflect my political beliefs. Those that respond only with taunts and insults walk the low road.  

your 'political beliefs' strongly suggest you're an a-hole. just sayin'

3 hours ago, Hillary said:

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Would you consider yourself to be someone practicing inclusion and acceptance of differences?  Like inclusion and acceptance of Liberals for example?

Before responding, read those questions again with someone popping a paper bag just behind your head right when you get to the end of the 2nd one.  I want to see if I can break your psychosis even for just a second or so, giving you a momentary connection with reality. 

Cue crickets.

Happy Jack to the hypocrisy service counter.... Happy Jack to the hypocrisy service counter..... Customer waiting.

I reread this and I felt compelled to acknowledge that you do in fact largely refrain from vitriol and insults, hat's off to you. however, my comment regarding the 'low road' was a reflection on your personal political beliefs, and that stands.

7 minutes ago, Hillary said:

There's that hate.... 

ask yourself where the scorn comes from and don't simply brush it off as some mindless, random reaction.

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

Yeah, the but the really difficult part is isolating the part that does the heavy lifting for the task at hand.

For instance, we looked at birds for thousands and years and saw that they flapped their wings, so we made machine that flapped wings and they didn't fly. Then some real insight looked at the shape of the wings themselves, and the age of aviation fluid mechanics began.

We can look at the scales of a fish or a reptile, or the shape of a bird's beak, but it takes some real insight to isolate what is doing what.

I see your point, but the designs are still there for study and inspiration, and wondering why things are as they are would seem to be a fairly straight forward process, again with some intuition. not saying it doesn't take substantial intelligence to process it all though, it clearly does. 

6 hours ago, Hillary said:

3 hours ago, benwynn said:

Cue crickets.

Happy Jack to the hypocrisy service counter.... Happy Jack to the hypocrisy service counter..... Customer waiting.

Come on, Jack.  You should know me by now.   When I've got you by the nut sack, I don't let go.  

33 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

ask yourself where the scorn comes from and don't simply brush it off as some mindless, random reaction.

He's a victim.  It's how he rolls. 

But hang tight.  He will soon be gracing us with examples of his inclusion and acceptability to differences.   This is going to be great.  Trust me on this.

6 hours ago, Hillary said:

FIFY

5 hours ago, VhmSays said:

Can Blue men sing The Whites?

Or are they hypocrites?

You post formula for gullible fools.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hillary said:

There's that hate.... 

Read a dictionary for the distinction between Hate and Contempt.

1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

I reread this and I felt compelled to acknowledge that you do in fact largely refrain from vitriol and insults, hat's off to you. however, my comment regarding the 'low road' was a reflection on your personal political beliefs, and that stands.

Please quote some of my political positions you feel are low road. 

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Read a dictionary for the distinction between Hate and Contempt.

I'm amazed you think the latter is less contemptuous. 

5 hours ago, benwynn said:

Cue crickets.

Yes. 

On 1/15/2018 at 2:04 AM, mikewof said:

Hey, if nothing else, this thread is a raging success, because it successfully changed the subject from HWSNBN to something else, whereas too many threads go the other way.

I'm tired of discussing HWSNBN. I think we need to ignore his shenanigans to keep him out of a second term. All you Aissies too, please stop mentioning him so much. (And forget about Daniel Taylor, our President is the new HWSNBN, he has released Taylor from the Mac26 purgatory.)

Having said that, now to cleanse the palette with the only thing guaranteed to make us forget about that forgettable politician previously mentioned ...

Any Sailing Anarchist who hasn't seen Buckaroo Banzai should head immediately to the nearest bottle of bourbon and drown their unknown sorrow to a life not fully lived.

We watched that last election day. In the afternoon here, well after the results were clear.

My daughter has said she will never watch it with me again if I've been drinking. Apparently I did too much quoting of lines and singing along.

9 hours ago, badlatitude said:
9 hours ago, Hillary said:

LOL, It's a reasonable proposition. This photo came from a Klan March in 1920's New York City when Trump's father was active in the Klan

You have a black soul, eh?

6 hours ago, badlatitude said:

26904493_1190371197764513_25863540958353

You have a sickness, seriously. Your rabid hatred for the Right has to be affecting your health; both mental and physical. I hope someone loves you enough to intervene.  

You have a sickness, seriously. Your rabid hatred for the Right has to be affecting your health; both mental and physical. I hope someone loves you enough to intervene.  

Is there something not true in his meme? 

Anyone else believe 239lbs?  I don't.

26230499_1186662198135413_82483130283755

Donald Trump’s medical exam results: -6ft3inches, 239lbs -Needs to lose 10-15lbs -Cholesterol a little high -Slurred words likely due to dry mouth -Takes propecia for male pattern baldness -Overall in excellent health for 71 year old man So there you go.

7 hours ago, Hillary said:

Once again....

Look up the definitions of hatred and contempt.

They are different.

On 1/15/2018 at 5:19 PM, benwynn said:

22 hours ago, Hillary said:

Yes. 

Expected. I am sure one of the "qualities" you see in Trump is his complete denial of reality.

Here are some of your gems that just exude inclusion and acceptance of differences:

"The left's insanity is now complete. But he is right, it is an awesome reward."

"The left is so twisted up in their hate and hypocrisy they can't see straight.

"The Left has lost its mind and it is hilarious watching them melt down."

"Nice to see such loathing and condescension from the left . Really shines up the scarlet "H" stamped on your forehead."

"..You have to admire the left they have such a flexible spine"

"Liberals are the ultimate hypocrites "

Now... With your hypocrisy on full display,  I look forward to your defense. I'm sure you can make something up in your head to redeem yourself.  To yourself.

Have at it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, benwynn said:

Expected. I am sure one of the "qualities" you see in Trump is his complete denial of reality.

Here are some of your gems that just exude inclusion and acceptance of differences:

"The left's insanity is now complete. But he is right, it is an awesome reward."

"Nice to see such loathing and condescension from the left . Really shines up the scarlet "H" stamped on your forehead."

Now... With your hypocrisy on full display,  I look forward to your defense. I'm sure you can make something up in your head to redeem yourself.  To yourself.

Have at it.

Now you’ve gone and chased him out of this thread. Look for him to start a few (several?) new threads to make it seem like he is otherwise focused. 

It's not the first time.  Once he starts trying to take the high road and put his hypocritical narcissistic ass above everyone else, I throw a few of his own quotes back at him and he shuts the fuck up. 

He'll take a little breather until the reality wears off and be back at it. Maybe with a new sock since he has problems maintaining a credible reputation. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, benwynn said:

It's not the first time.  Once he starts trying to take the high road and put his hypocritical narcissistic ass above everyone else, I throw a few of his own quotes back at him and he shuts the fuck up. 

He'll take a little breather until the reality wears off and be back at it. Maybe with a new sock since he has problems maintaining a credible reputation. 

He has problems disguising his wretched past.

9 hours ago, benwynn said:

Hey, I got an idea...... could you step in as Gen. Kelly's staff? I bet you could do the country a world of good. And if not (or if you do, but it start wearing thin) you can always write a tell-all book...............

-DSK

7 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Hey, I got an idea...... could you step in as Gen. Kelly's staff? I bet you could do the country a world of good. And if not (or if you do, but it start wearing thin) you can always write a tell-all book...............

You need to care about being caught. Trump doesn't care cos he just pretends he "never said that". Nailing @Hillary Jack does care. Not cos he feels shame, but because he just doesn't like having the fact he's not smarter than everyone else rubbed in his face. 

On 1/17/2018 at 12:30 AM, benwynn said:

Have at it.

Hypocrites? You are.

Insane with hate? You are.

Is finding mirth in the excesses of the left and enjoying the fact that Trump beat Hillary hateful? No it isn't. It is amusement and relief? 

It is obvious I can see I have really wound you up. All the effort you put into that post. So, you want me to stop laughing at you, is that it? 

Hypocrites? You are.

Is finding mirth in the excesses of the left and enjoying the fact that Trump beat Hillary hateful? No it isn't. It is amusement and relief? 

It is obvious I can see I have really wound you up. All the effort you put into that post. So, you want me to stop laughing at you, is that it? 

You sure are a glutton for punishment. 

And, a hypocrite.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Agreed. This should be fun to watch...

giphy.gif

On 1/16/2018 at 9:30 PM, benwynn said:

Have at it.

5 hours ago, Hillary said:

Hypocrites? You are.

I knew you could convince yourself given a little effort on your part.  It usually doesn't take much.  Congratulations on proving me wrong in your mind, and clearly demonstrating your inclusion and acceptance of Liberalism to yourself. You are a beacon of political unification. To you. 

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

And, a hypocrite.

I recommend we give him a gentle reminder whenever he displays his "inclusion and acceptance of differences".  I expect one pupil will dilate and he'll get a momentary glimpse of reality, which should be easily extinguished with a shake of his head and splashing some water on his face. 

27 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I recommend we give him a gentle reminder whenever he displays his "inclusion and acceptance of differences".  I expect one pupil will dilate and he'll get a momentary glimpse of reality, which should be easily extinguished with a shake of his head and splashing some water on his face. 

Jack normally does this when his meds get altered.  Doesn't help that he takes all that crap he buys from Infowars either. 

8 hours ago, Hillary said:

I can see I have really wound you up.

Yeah, that's it Hapless - you keep telling yourself that.

You're a legend in your own mind.

12 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Yeah, that's it Hapless - you keep telling yourself that.

You're a legend in your own mind.

The only way more than one person is saying that is if he suffers from MPD.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

The only way more than one person is saying that is if he suffers from MPD.

His next sock should be named Sybil.

At work one night years ago the guard came to me and said there was a homeless guy in bad shape in the parking garage and what did I want to do about it.

Went to have a look and this poor guy was so filthy and messed up that one of his socks was actually being absorbed or overgrown by his skin. It was one of the most horrifyingly revolting things I've ever seen.

I just told the guard - "That's just Hapless Jacks latest personae"

There are states that allow a baby to born in the ninth month of pregnancy.  I would presume all of them?  Or are there some states where the mother just has to hold it?

14 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

And, a hypocrite.

No and nope.

On January 5, 2018 at 1:54 PM, cmilliken said:

This.

Is The Close

the best part?

With Trump,

that is.

Probably not.... 

1 minute ago, Amati said:

Is The Close the best part?  

It's the only part. Everything else is foreplay.

Just now, Ishmael said:

It's the only part. Everything else is foreplay.

yeah.......... but (!) 

t

hat's (no cattle) 

all

he's really good

at.

4 minutes ago, Amati said:

yeah.......... but (!) 

t

hat's (no cattle) 

all

he's really good

at.

He's as bad at it as he is at everything else. He's a loudmouth schmuck.

6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

He's as bad at it as he is at everything else. He's a loudmouth schmuck.

He could sell pianos, all right. 

And that is a pecuLIAR skill.

Way beyond lying.  Think about it- how many times can you hear Fur Elise played by some tyro banging the shit out of a really expensive instrument, and manage not to gag, while complimenting the musical butcher, his teacher, and his Mother on his slaughter, er brilliance?

Trump could!

Of course, when you discover that a piano bench was not included in the purchase price, during the delivery?   So you call Donald up, pissed as hell, and discover that the movers just happen to have bench in the Truck, and it can be yours, if you'll just disgorge your cc #.

Of course, it's mahogany,and your piano is ebony......:) 

2 minutes ago, Amati said:

He could sell pianos, all right. 

And that is a pecuLIAR skill.

Way beyond lying.  Think about it- how many times can you hear Fur Elise played by some tyro banging the shit out of a really expensive instrument, and manage not to gag, while complimenting the musical butcher on his slaughter? 

Zero. You and my wife can do this. I can't. Slam the lid, get out the tourniquet.

Just now, Ishmael said:

Zero. You and my wife can do this. I can't. Slam the lid, get out the tourniquet.

Never could.  I'd always rush over to the piano, proclaiming worry about the keyslip, um, slipping...^_^

1 hour ago, Amati said:

Never could.  I'd always rush over to the piano, proclaiming worry about the keyslip, um, slipping...^_^

It's up to my wife, then. No worries, she's used to nursing emotional cripples like us.