Shootist Jeff

Fire and Fury - the trump expose

This is not going to end well.  An interesting interview with the arthur of the Fire and Fury book.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/05/575916244/as-fire-and-fury-goes-on-sale-trump-attacks-keep-coming

Wolff's book paints a portrait of a White House in disarray, with an incompetent Trump at the center.

"I think the two fundamental issues were that Donald Trump doesn't read anything. Let me accent that — anything. Nothing," Wolff told NPR. "If you're working for the president of the United States, that's an odd position because how do you get information to him? That's already a major hurdle. But then there's the second hurdle — that not only does he not read; he doesn't listen. So it becomes from Day 1, the crisis of the presidency: You can't tell him anything."

Transcript here

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I think she accidentally told the truth on that one.

-DSK

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

Her lobotomy must have slipped for a moment.

Does it tell us anything that we didn’t know?  An incompetent man child who doesn’t know what he doesn’t know but spouts authoritative blather for morons to digest, is impulsive and has to be placated like a child. 

Read his twitter feed and you’ll learn the same thing. He’s a great leader for The Party. 

6 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I am reading the book right now. Apparently even his own team thought of the run for president as more of an epic troll than a serious project.

He wanted to be more famous, so he could negotiate higher fees for his Reality TV performances.....

29 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I am reading the book right now. Apparently even his own team thought of the run for president as more of an epic troll than a serious project.

So the only people that didn't get the joke were the voters?   I bet those electoral college folks are starting to giggle now, since they were created as a last desperate defense against such bad jokes.       

• Like 1

Trumpism has been great for the book publishing business

can't wait to read the extracts from this woman's ghost written book

omarosa-manigulat-stallworth-at-ted-gibs

then we kelly anne and hope hicks books to come

a feast of dysfunction lies ahead of us.

D

To be fair, Wolfe has been accused of misrepresentation in the past. He novelizes facts. I think it's pretty well documented.

That said, I think the 'feel' of the story will be pretty representative of the state of affairs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lark said:

Sodidn'tthe only people that didn't get the joke were the voters?   I bet those electoral college folks are starting to giggle now, since they were created as a last desperate defense against such bad jokes.       

Perhaps the only ones who didn't get it was the DNC who picked the only person that could possibly lose to him.

Just now, Gissie said:

Perhaps the only ones who didn't get it was the DNC who picked the only person that could possibly lose to him.

The Libertarians did as well, but the DNC lost with more money.   

While I too question the veracity of some of the revelations in Wolfe's book, there is one thing.  For 8 years the Right did everything it could to obstruct and denigrate Obama.  The only thing they could come up with was the 'Birther' bullshit.  If they could have done a made up hit piece on Obama, as they claim Wolfe's book is don't you think they would have?  They didn't because even they knew they couldn't make up anything that anybody would believe.  Do you actually think the publishing company would have published Wolfe's book if it was patently false?   What ever you want to say about the book, it is certainly based on facts, not just the demented fantasies of a crazy man.  As Austin said above, the "feel" of the revelations are real.  Trump is an idiot.

Now Trump has put his foot down about the border wall. He is doing this because he wants his base behind him he wants desperately to fulfill one of his major campaign promises to take the heat off that this book is causing him.  Deflect an distract is one of Trump's constant defense mechanisms.  His victory with his tax plan is already fading, he needs another win.  And of course the Mueller investigation is waiting in the background.  Poor Donny is a 'dead' president sitting, he just doesn't know it yet.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

I think her last 7 words refer to the book, not President Trump. 

2 hours ago, billy backstay said:

He wanted to be more famous, so he could negotiate higher fees for his Reality TV performances.....

I said on election night that his reaction to winning was probably "Oh Shit!"

2 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

you actually went out and bought it? sucker :)

ah well, you can post up any juicy(particularly salacious)  bits that havent already been revealed

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Reading it too. Very similar take...it was building the Trump brand.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:
3 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

ah well, you can post up any juicy(particularly salacious)  bits that havent already been revealed

Look what the book is doing to the gibbering idiot in the white house. If my $15 drives him to more self-implicating rage tweets that help get rid of him faster, I'm good with that. It's almost as good as sending money to Doug Jones.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Look what the book is doing to the gibbering idiot in the white house. If my $15 drives him to more self-implicating rage tweets that help get rid of him faster, I'm good with that. It's almost as good as sending money to Doug Jones.

there  is thatB)

Of course sell outs in Trumpland would be even betterer.

I have my Kobo version, I'm set for the evening. It's in Japanese, so I have to learn that first, but I should be good to go in a couple of hours.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The movie version needs either the Benny Hill song or the Star Wars Cantina Song. Not sure which. 

The Viking Spam song should be a contender.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

The movie version needs either the Benny Hill song or the Star Wars Cantina Song. Not sure which. 

this?

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Like does Melania swallow?

1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

It was absolutely a troll. That’s why no one knew WTF to do when they won. 

^

says a lot for the voting system you guys have ...................................

43 minutes ago, Mid said:

^

says a lot for the voting system you guys have ...................................

And it says a lot worse about those who thought a vote for Trump was better for the country than a vote for someone that actually cared about attaining the office of POTUS.

6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

15 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I said on election night that his reaction to winning was probably "Oh Shit!"

Someone reported that Melania wept openly!

This excerpt is causing a lot of fuss for what it reveals about his mental state....

"On his first night in the White House, President Trump complained that the TV in his bedroom was broken because it didn't have 'the gorilla channel', Trump seemed to be under the impression that a TV channel existed that screened nothing but gorilla-based content, 24 hours a day. To appease Trump, White House staff compiled a number of gorilla documentaries into a makeshift gorilla channel, broadcast into Trump's bedroom from a hastily-constructed transmission tower on the South Lawn However, Trump was unhappy with the channel they had created, moaning that it was 'boring' because 'the gorillas aren't fighting. Staff edited out all the parts of the documentaries where gorillas weren't hitting each other, and at last the president was satisfied. 'On some days he'll watch the gorilla channel for 17 hours straight,' and insider told me. 'He kneels in front of the TV, with his face about four inches from the screen, and says encouraging things to the gorilla, like, 'the way you hit that other gorilla was good.' I think he thinks the gorillas can hear him."

14 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I have no problem with it but some campaign finance reformers seem to feel that it's bad when FL voters such as yourself $end political contributions to areas where you don't actually vote.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

This excerpt is causing a lot of fuss for what it reveals about his mental state....

"On his first night in the White House, President Trump complained that the TV in his bedroom was broken because it didn't have 'the gorilla channel', Trump seemed to be under the impression that a TV channel existed that screened nothing but gorilla-based content, 24 hours a day. To appease Trump, White House staff compiled a number of gorilla documentaries into a makeshift gorilla channel, broadcast into Trump's bedroom from a hastily-constructed transmission tower on the South Lawn However, Trump was unhappy with the channel they had created, moaning that it was 'boring' because 'the gorillas aren't fighting. Staff edited out all the parts of the documentaries where gorillas weren't hitting each other, and at last the president was satisfied. 'On some days he'll watch the gorilla channel for 17 hours straight,' and insider told me. 'He kneels in front of the TV, with his face about four inches from the screen, and says encouraging things to the gorilla, like, 'the way you hit that other gorilla was good.' I think he thinks the gorillas can hear him."

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, austin1972 said:

To be fair, Wolfe has been accused of misrepresentation in the past. He novelizes facts. I think it's pretty well documented.

That said, I think the 'feel' of the story will be pretty representative of the state of affairs.

Interesting.  I am not familiar with Wolfe's work or his history.  David Brooke's said almost exactly the same thing on the PBS Newshour.  He has a history of making stuff up.  But as you say, the "feel" of the book seems about right.  And the fact that its got the donald screwed into the ceiling so hard probably means there's enough truth to it to have him on the defensive.

2 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Interesting.  I am not familiar with Wolfe's work or his history.  David Brooke's said almost exactly the same thing on the PBS Newshour.  He has a history of making stuff up.  But as you say, the "feel" of the book seems about right.  And the fact that its got the donald screwed into the ceiling so hard probably means there's enough truth to it to have him on the defensive.

I shared the same sentiment with a friend who views President Trump as the most qualified and capable POTUS ever.  I pointed out how President Trump's reaction is telling and he responded "Once he (President Trump) gets those libel laws changed, this kind of crap will stop."

Chilling how some folks are perfectly comfortable letting their rights be taken.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I shared the same sentiment with a friend who views President Trump as the most qualified and capable POTUS ever.  I pointed out how President Trump's reaction is telling and he responded "Once he (President Trump) gets those libel laws changed, this kind of crap will stop."

Chilling how some folks are perfectly comfortable letting their rights be taken.

Yep.  Its why I'm so passionate about defending the 2A as well as other rights.  People want to give away rights too easily not understanding that the loss of one right allows the erosion of other rights far too easily.

49 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:
53 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

This is why I encourage the righties to move the fuck out of our potentially free and wonderful country. They mistrust freedom, they don't believe in democracy, they profess to love America but obviously hate half (or more) of the people who live here; and they want to change America into a country where you cannot speak ill of a Republican, poor people don't go to college, corporations can freely pollute the air and water, police and the courts are just knee-jerk punishers of those out of favor (like Hillary!!!!), etc etc.

This is almost the polar opposite of the America of the Constitution, much less the Pledge of Allegiance.

-DSK

3 hours ago, Dog said:

Swing and a miss :lol:

You do know the sad thing is how believable that actually is, right?

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yep.  Its why I'm so passionate about defending the 2A as well as other rights.  People want to give away rights too easily not understanding that the loss of one right allows the erosion of other rights far too easily.

Freedom of speech is essential for liberty. Freedom to shoot people, not so much.

9 hours ago, Mid said:

Donald Trump suggests he wants US law to limit free speech in wake of publication of explosive new book

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-free-speech-libel-law-michael-wolff-fire-fury-mental-state-latest-a8145741.html

Great - it will just make him look like more of a Fascist fool.

Zero chance of it getting past the SCOTUS - even if he packs it more beforehand.

6 hours ago, Dog said:

The biggy about that is that it is so believable.

2 hours ago, soak_ed said:

Freedom of speech is essential for liberty. Freedom to shoot people, not so much.

The whole idea behind the second amendment is that there are people who need shooting. 

• Like 2

The problem is that they are so rarely the ones who actually GET shot.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dog said:

You're a little late to the party with that one, Dog. It was trending on Twitter two days ago.

Have you heard about covfefe?

• Like 1

On 1/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, austin1972 said:

Wolff shot himself in the dick again today. In an interview he apparently boasted that his book will end this presidency.

"You know, I think one of the interesting effects of the book so far is a very clear emperor-has-no-clothes effect. That, the story that I have told seems to present this presidency in such a way that it says he can’t do his job. The emperor has no clothes. Suddenly everywhere people are going: ‘Oh my God, it’s true, he has no clothes.’ That’s the background to the perception and the understanding that will finally end this – that will end this presidency."

He began the week admitting he does not know which parts of his tome are fiction and then on several occasions made his personal animosity toward Trump evident. 

When he abandoned even the veneer of journalist neutrality his book, which I listened to about a third of yesterday, becomes little more than propaganda. 

I rate it at about the same level as the left would if Mark Levin wrote a hit piece on Obama. 

When you listen to the audio book (BTY why is it on Youtube Isn't that a copyright violation?)  it is clear he is telling the story he wants and almost all of it is unsource opinion and fictionalized narrative. Listening to an audio book has the disadvantage I can't see what is actually quoted. But he relates conversations as quotes that he obviously was not part of without attributing the quotes to someone who was there. 

I broke out laughing listening to the prolog. All of you that (talkin about you Baddie)  boldly claim he has the tapes, need to listen to that prolog when he confesses that much of the content in the book comes from deep background conversations and not for attribution comments. i.e. no tapes and no source is named. In the third I listened too that was the vast majority. In fact the only named source I can recall is Bannon. Who obviously had an axe to grind. 

I was especially humored when he devolves into name dropping, listing in exquisite detail the people in attendance at a dinner or event. Giving his own biography for each attendee.  If the attendee was say a Pelosi the bio is fawning while the right leanners earn a dark and universally negative rendition.  I assume he inserts the almost surgical roll calls to make it sound like he is uniquely connected. I don't recall one that he was actually in attendance at. 

Like I said the haters will lap it up as gospel, the media about the same but the reality is just a mostly fictionalized or manipulated out of context hit piece by a man that admits he has it in for Trump. 

I wonder how many times he lied about his intentions to gain access. Did he make any false statements to the secret service or WH police; such as "So and So said I could sit in on this meeting". I understand that is a felony. 

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Wolff shot himself in the dick again today. In an interview he apparently boasted that his book will end this presidency.

"You know, I think one of the interesting effects of the book so far is a very clear emperor-has-no-clothes effect. That, the story that I have told seems to present this presidency in such a way that it says he can’t do his job. The emperor has no clothes. Suddenly everywhere people are going: ‘Oh my God, it’s true, he has no clothes.’ That’s the background to the perception and the understanding that will finally end this – that will end this presidency."

He began the week admitting he does not know which parts of his tome are fiction and then on several occasions made his personal animosity toward Trump evident. 

When he abandoned even the veneer of journalist neutrality his book, which I listened to about a third of yesterday, becomes little more than propaganda. 

I rate it at about the same level as the left would if Mark Levin wrote a hit piece on Obama. 

When you listen to the audio book (BTY why is it on Youtube Isn't that a copyright violation?)  it is clear he is telling the story he wants and almost all of it is unsource opinion and fictionalized narrative. Listening to an audio book has the disadvantage I can't see what is actually quoted. But he relates conversations as quotes that he obviously was not part of without attributing the quotes to someone who was there. 

I broke out laughing listening to the prolog. All of you that (talkin about you Baddie)  boldly claim he has the tapes, need to listen to that prolog when he confesses that much of the content in the book comes from deep background conversations and not for attribution comments. i.e. no tapes and no source is named. In the third I listened too that was the vast majority. In fact the only named source I can recall is Bannon. Who obviously had an axe to grind. 

I was especially humored when he devolves into name dropping, listing in exquisite detail the people in attendance at a dinner or event. Giving his own biography for each attendee.  If the attendee was say a Pelosi the bio is fawning while the right leanners earn a dark and universally negative rendition.  I assume he inserts the almost surgical roll calls to make it sound like he is uniquely connected. I don't recall one that he was actually in attendance at. 

Like I said the haters will lap it up as gospel, the media about the same but the reality is just a mostly fictionalized or manipulated out of context hit piece by a man that admits he has it in for Trump. 

I wonder how many times he lied about his intentions to gain access. Did he make any false statements to the secret service or WH police; such as "So and So said I could sit in on this meeting". I understand that is a felony. 

I never for 10 seconds thought of this book as a scholarly dissertation from a neutral viewpoint.

I hope it does and I'll buy a few more copies if it works :D

You may ponder between washing your Ridgeline or booking cruises why it is that this book gets attention. Trump *in his own words* makes everything in this book look more than possible. Actually my impression so far is more like .........Well no shit Sherlock........this is all kind of obvious :rolleyes:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I never for 10 seconds thought of this book as a scholarly dissertation from a neutral viewpoint.

I hope it does and I'll buy a few more copies if it works :D

You may ponder between washing your Ridgeline or booking cruises why it is that this book gets attention. Trump *in his own words* makes everything in this book look more than possible. Actually my impression so far is more like .........Well no shit Sherlock........this is all kind of obvious :rolleyes:

I agree with you. He does himself no favors with many of his tweets.  But then I think "He won the presidency against a shoo in ringer, me" so I have to wonder is he laughing at you everytime he hits send. 

You know what rope a dope is?  His genius might be exciting such over the top reaction from the left that 

1. they desensitize the public
  2. they make themselves look stupid when he pulls off a normal sounding speech or interview. If he does not live up to your extreme caricature in person who is the one who looks deranged?

If I'm right and most of the salacious content is unsourced or sourced only to Bannon the whole thing evaporates. Bannon has no credibility and the left, after bashing him for so long, can't rehabilitate him just because they like his current Shtick.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Hillary said:

when he pulls off a normal sounding speech or interview.

When will that be?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hillary said:
4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

When will that be?

Even his critics adnmit he has given several decent speeches and even off the cuff interviews. 

I must have missed those. He is HORRIBLE off the cuff. He's a know-nothing, so when he starts babbling and rambling and making shit up it's painful to watch.

It seems the POTUS should have a batting average higher than .100 when reading off a teleprompter.

8 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Even his critics adnmit he has given several decent speeches and even off the cuff interviews. 

Got any links?

I've never seen anything but rambling stupidity or ranting bullying.

I mean that - I truly can't recall ever seeing him deliver an address that I would regard as even being fit for some sort of local organization dinner.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:
14 minutes ago, Hillary said:

I must have missed those. He is HORRIBLE off the cuff. He's a know-nothing, so when he starts babbling and rambling and making shit up it's painful to watch.

It seems the POTUS should have a batting average higher than .100 when reading off a teleprompter.

It's kind of like I've been ragging on JZK...... complete sentences, dude. I understand how some people just don't "get" math because more than one or two numbers in a row boggles their mind, which means that they will never be able to grasp any sort of equation and can convince themselves that equations are meaningless.

But when a person cannot read a complete sentence and keep the subject-verb-object relationship straight in their head, or a person cannot speak in a complete sentence and yet others think he is speaking intelligently...... there is not enough mental process there to make communication meaningful on any level: "MacDonalds food GOOD!" or perhaps the slightly more abstract "Brown people BAD"

I have never heard Trump speak in complete sentences. He doesn't drool while he talks..... maybe that's where all these reich-wing nutballs are giving him so much credit?

-DSK

47 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

It's kind of like I've been ragging on JZK...... complete sentences, dude. I understand how some people just don't "get" math because more than one or two numbers in a row boggles their mind, which means that they will never be able to grasp any sort of equation and can convince themselves that equations are meaningless.

But when a person cannot read a complete sentence and keep the subject-verb-object relationship straight in their head, or a person cannot speak in a complete sentence and yet others think he is speaking intelligently...... there is not enough mental process there to make communication meaningful on any level: "MacDonalds food GOOD!" or perhaps the slightly more abstract "Brown people BAD"

I have never heard Trump speak in complete sentences. He doesn't drool while he talks..... maybe that's where all these reich-wing nutballs are giving him so much credit?

-DSK

At this point, not drooling while he speaks is something, anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

There are no better nor bigger rubes than those that so desperately want to believe falsehoods to be truths..

Like Trump voters?

By the way, Wikileaks decided to put the whole PDF on a Google Docs file if you wanna see what the hubbub is about.  Probably won't be up long.

Its funny - Google restricts 'downloading' it but you can print it to your own pdf file and that's fine.  Whatevs..

I don't know what PA's position on linking to such files so you'll have to search yourself.  It's not hard.

1 hour ago, BillDBastard said:

There are no better nor bigger rubes than those that so desperately want to believe falsehoods to be truths..

Self awareness is a good thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

You just describe the entire conservative movement.

2 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Fits Sean Hannity followers perfectly.  

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I have a problem with the small vocabulary. He recycles the same words baked into the same phrases over. And Over. And over.

Pick a topic. You can make a Trump sentence. It's just a fill in the blanks thing. Like Mad Libs when I was a kid.

14 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

I have a problem with the small vocabulary. He recycles the same words baked into the same phrases over. And Over. And over.

Pick a topic. You can make a Trump sentence. It's just a fill in the blanks thing. Like Mad Libs when I was a kid.

Yup. My kids had better vocabularies before the finished elementary school.

He speaks like someone who is intellectually disinterested. Worse than Dubya, even. At least he moved his lips through one or two books during his presidency.

8 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Yup. My kids had better vocabularies before the finished elementary school.

He speaks like someone who is intellectually disinterested deficient. Worse than Dubya, even. At least he moved his lips through one or two books during his presidency.

FIFY

3 hours ago, BillDBastard said:

Are you referring to specific statements by President Trump, or the entire body of his commentary?

37 minutes ago, austin1972 said:

He has words, the very best words.  He’s like a smart person.

OK, let's try this.

I'm going to walk my ____ dog. We're going to have a walk in the ______. I'll put her leash on and she'll be ____. My dog is the ____. I don't bring a bag because my dog can ____. Many people say that my dog is _____.

6 hours ago, Hillary said:

The emporer is naked. Fat, saggy, balls to the knees naked.

22 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

The emporer is naked. Fat, saggy, balls to the knees naked.

And, as expected, we have @Hillary Jack slurping down those fat, saggy, old man balls. NTTAWWT but it might affect his temple recommend.

7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Maybe you did . They are not hard to find 

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/08/22/kudlow-trump-gave-the-best-speech-of-his-presidency-last-night.html

Take just about any speech or conversation from any previous president and run it through a text-to-speech utility and you'll get something that can be understood. Try that with Trump and, well, you get...

Only Hillary Jack could defend someone that idiotic because "he won."

35 minutes ago, Hillary said:
7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Maybe you did . They are not hard to find 

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2017/08/22/kudlow-trump-gave-the-best-speech-of-his-presidency-last-night.html

Video 1:32 : "It was a teleprompter"

Fuck you are bad at this, Jack. Worse than when defending your "poll predictions". Though not quite as bad as when you try bullshitting about what you say in PM, so you do have a small amount of leeway before you hit your rock bottom. Again.

56 minutes ago, Hillary said:

Holy shit, you're pathetic.

It's not off the cuff, and frankly, if you read it and then watch him read it... it's apassable speech, poorly delivered.  It's like he didn't even bother to skim it ahead of time. 

I'm frankly quite sure that I could do a better job.

"best" of his presidency  -  I'd argue that's a mighty low bar, and irrelevant to your argument that he's capable according to any objective, external standard.. 

12 hours ago, Hillary said:

Bannon has no credibility and the left, after bashing him for so long, can't rehabilitate him just because they like his current Shtick.

He could apologize to Oprah.

I tried to listen to this book on Audible at X 1.5 but there is only so much insanity you can take in a short space of time.  Ripped the bluetooth headphones off while cooking diner.  Nothing new other than it is really worse than I thought.  Didn't think that was possible.

The real insanity is that there are still people saying nice things about him.

You guys are truly fucked now.

giphy.gif

21 hours ago, soak_ed said:

The founding fathers disagree.  Had they not been able to shoot redcoats - we wouldn't be having this conversation.  

11 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

He has words, the very best words.  He’s like a smart person.

Everyone's saying it.